This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S8] Auditions, Part 3

Topic » [S8] Auditions, Part 3

1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD

Good evening and welcome to The X Factor 8! *claps*

Tonight, 10 more acts audition for our judges! Unfortunately, Melinda could not make today's auditions so TWO yes votes will be a majority to send an act through to the second stage.

Let the auditions continue!
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
01. Melanie Martinez "Carousel" (Ajathekween)

Aili James:
Now Melanie, I like your quirkiness but this performance didn't show much. It just shows you're creepy and weird in the best way possible. But vocally it showed nothing to me. I do see potential in you so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt but next performance please show me something new and interesting!

Tommy:
I loved this! You're just in your own world it was weird, but it put me in a trance. You have a really nice vocal, and you offer something a little bit different to the competition. Well done!

Drake:
I could really feel you were getting into the song, and I appreciate you trying to change up this song. However I think you went a little too long with trying to change things up because I did get bored when you were just repeating the same notes over and over. Even then you were getting into the song, and I could feel some of that emotion when you weren't into that monotone singing you did, which I also think hindered your ability to feel a bit. Overall though this was a solid audition and you are pretty unique compared to the other artists that have auditioned so far.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Tommy - YES
Drake - YES

Melanie Martinez, you are through to the next stage! *claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
02. Tamela Mann "Step Aside" (Ajathekween)

Aili James:
Now Tamela, this started off really good! But throughout the performance I found it so boring and just missing that wow factor! There's no doubt you got some good vocals though. I'm just deciding if I should give you a shot or not.

Tommy:
At first, I must admit - I felt a little bored. However, you brought it by the end did you not? That was powerful, it was soulful it was moving. I was for sure a fan of this by the end of your performance. Good job!

Drake:
Oh my gosh this is honestly so amazing, the soul I'm feeling from your voice, and just overall the power of how much this song really embodied your voice. Thing is I think you were holding your body back that limited you a little bit but honestly it didn't limit you that much, because you were moving your arms and stuff, but as the song went on you got more and more into it and it was honestly just a really great performance to show us vocally and emotionally (even though it was hard to tell emotion at times) what you can do. That final note was the shining moment for you and really will leave a lasting impression on me so honestly really good job because this was really good, keep it up.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Tommy - YES
Drake - YES

Tamela Mann, you are through to the six chair challenge! *claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
03. Tank and the Bangas "The Brady's" (Ajathekween)

Aili James:
My god you ladies and gents excite me! The main singer has so much energy and enthusiasm and it excites me! I enjoyed this performance so much because it was so different yet intriguing, definitely one of the most fun auditions ever! I REALLY WOULD LIKE THE GROUPS TO WORK WITH YOU GUYS BECAUSE Y'ALL SPECIAL!

Tommy:
This was wacky, but what I loved about this was the performance, it was almost like characters up there singing and that appealed to me a lot. You know along with country this season, we are also seeing a lot of musical theatre-esque performances, and that's great to see because we welcome all genres here!

Drake:
I had really high hopes from you guys since you have a good infectious energy because when you started dancing I couldn't help but smile, but I think you were trying to focus more on putting on a show and entertaining people instead of focus on the vocal points in the song. Don't get me wrong, there were points when you decided to stand still that the vocals actually sounded good and not out of breathe from moving round or it seemed rushed, so there is potential to work with I'm just concerned that your going to keep this character and not focus more of the performance and isntead of the entertaining. I see potential but I'm very weary of you.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Tommy - YES
Drake - YES

You're through to the next round Tank and the Bangas! Well done! *claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
04. Jordan Smith “Chandelier" (boozes)

Aili James:
*stands and claps* Oh Jordan. It's good to have you back! It's crazy what an amazing range and control you have! Like this was sooooo good! Definitely an early front runner after this performance, keep it up and you could make it far for sure!

Tommy:
Jordan, you have auditioned now a few times and I have no idea why you have not had your moment yet because that was so damn good! I love your voice and an artist like you who is that good at this stage, I have so much faith in you doing well so best of luck.

Drake:
Ugh yes Jordan this is honestly a really great performance and I really have nothing to say about it badly. Like first of all with a song a great as this, you were able to change it up and make it amazing that made me fell in love with you instantly. Second you never missed a beat when performing this song, it just sounded so fluid and beautiful. Plus you got into the song and actually sent chills down my back because it's so good, like once you do that I'm hooked on you, I remember you auditioning in previous season and you would always seem to get cut short, maybe this is your time to really show us how much you can dominate this stage.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Tommy - YES
Drake - YES

Jordan Smith, you are through to the next stage! *claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
05. Gabby Barrett "Ain't No Way" (boozes)

Aili James:
*claps* WOW GABBY WOW! This was very good! You have some raw talent and some pipes! Your notes sound so good because it kinda has a rasp to it and Gabby I look forward to seeing more performances by you. Definitely someone o keep an eye out for.

Tommy:
Some of them notes were insane Gabby! You have a really good way of showing the softer and more harsher sides of your vocals in one performance. This was good, it'll be exciting to see where you go from here!

Drake:
yes girl! This is honestly so good and I'm in love with how powerful your voice is however I do have a few critiques. First of all you I loved how much you connected to the song as this one you dedicated to your dad who was in the audience, it felt very real and looks like you were actually trying to impress him instead of impressing the judges which is honestly amazing. Although I fell as though there were points in the song where you kinda dropped your energy and connection level when you were going through those lower notes because you were saving it up for the higher notes. I think you need to work on keeping that same level throughout the whole of the song because even the lower and quieter notes could bring something beautiful to the table but overall good job.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Tommy - YES
Drake - YES

Congratulations, Gabby Barrett! You are through to the next round! Well done! *claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
06. Andrea Faustini "Who' Lovin You" (Rubes)

Aili James:
*stands and claps* WHERE DOES ALL THAT SOUL COME FROM? Pug lover Andrea you are an extremely talented singer with a very strong and soulful voice! I liked this so much because you gave it your all and absolutely destroyed it! You might be giving Jordan Smith a run for his money haha!

Tommy:
You know, you're another act that has auditioned for this show a couple of times and you just have not had your break yet and I don't understand why. You could really go far and I hope that this season is your big break. Good luck!

Drake:
Okay first thing that I noticed is that your forcing these notes out like you're trying to impress the judges. I need you to calm down and polish your voice because honestly it just sounds really clunky this audition. I know you have a rasp and I know you know how to sing but I need you to sing with more polish because right now you're forcing notes out left or right that may not even be there because you want to impress us as judges. You do have a voice and I think you have potential but I can tell your hurting your voice because of this and you need to take a step back and let it flow naturally instead of forcing those crazy runs throughout the whole thing.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Tommy - YES
Drake - YES

Andrea Faustini, you are through to the next stage! Well done! *claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
07. Tori Kelly "Dear No One" (Rubes)

Aili James:
Tori, what I liked most was the lyrics to the song and I knew you connected to it. You have a very sweet and tender voice. You get a bit out of pitch at times but this was a beautiful audition! And I can see you trying to belt out some notes but couldn't hit that 100% yet, I will love to work with you on that!

Tommy:
This was a good audition. It was not amazing, but it showed me enough to see your potential moving forward and to be completely honest, I like what I see. I loved the song, I loved the emotion. I can see great things from you with the right song choices!

Drake:
Wow this was honestly so beautiful, and I could hear the emotion in your voice, and I just am amazed by how beautiful your voice is when everything is stripped back. Like I really hope I have the girls this season because I wouldn't think I would ever let you go if you keep this up. My only critique is that I could hear your voice struggling when you go to hit those higher notes so just be careful of song choice or whatever because we don't want you hurting that pretty voice of your because of a wrong song choice. Overall though beautiful job Tori I honestly cannot wait to see more from you .

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Tommy - YES
Drake - YES

Another act through to the next stage, well done Tori Kelly! *claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
08. Kevin Davy White "It's A Mans Mans Mans World" (Rubes)

Aili James:
*claps* WOW that voice captivated me! It was so good and my favorite part as always is the rasp! You gave me some good vibes and you are such a kind soul whose so happy to just be doing what they love! Damn the Overs are quite good this year!

Tommy:
*claps* This was absolutely brilliant! I completely agree that the males need more of a representation in the Over 30s category. You seemed like you were not struggling at all and that was beautiful! A great audition! Well done!

Drake:
Oh jesus that voice, it seemed very soulful from the first note you sing. I just think like some of the auditionees today, you were trying to force a lot of the notes out of your voice and it sounded it bit clunky I'm not going to lie. Overall though you have a good amount of control and you have a really good soulful voice that could take you far. I also think the song choice could be a little difficult if I'm being honest and I think a different song could match your voice a little easier but overall I am impressed with the power you have and everything and I do see potential so good job.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Tommy - YES
Drake - YES

Kevin Davy White, you have sailed through to the next stage! *claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
09. Pentatonix "Dog Days Are Over" (Rubes)

Aili James:
*stands and claps* Taking on a Florence + The Machine song is so risky especially one of her most famous songs! But you guys killed it! I love that you guys are a mix of guys and a girl. You guys do wonderful harmonies and I love when y'all sing alone as well because it sounds so good! What a great job Pentatonix!

Tommy:
This is one of my favourite songs of all time and I think you did very well to make it your own. I love what you guys do, I think at certain points it got a little bit too busy, but overall I am very attracted to your uniqueness. Good job!

Drake:
I honestly don't know why you haven't made it past auditions in a previous season because if I'm being honest I'm always looking for the next group that's like The No'easteners because of how powerful they were. Do I think this is your strongest showing as a group? No not really I feel as though you have much stronger showings and I think honestly you could have done better with this song specifically because I feel you didn't do it justice. However I know the potential you guys have and with a better performance I think you guys could take this competition by storm though and really prove that you have what it takes to make it to the end.

Pentatonix, you are through to the next stage! Well done! *Claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
^^^^^
#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Tommy - YES
Drake - YES
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
10. Ben Haenow "Ain't No Sunshine" (boozes)

Aili James:
*claps* IS TONIGHT THE NIGHT OF THE RASP? So many artists had such amazing rasps! And Ben, you are so charming and listening to your voice is so cool! Like it's so different to hear it sang this way and you can hit some notes as well and I see a lot of potential in you! What a lovely tone, great audition!

Tommy:
This was very *waves fan* hot. It was a little over the top, but in terms of an audition and showcasing yourself potentially for the first time to the panel of judges, it's great to see what you can offer. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got to offer. Best of luck!

Drake:
Ben yes I'm so glad your back after Season 5 I believe? I think your voice is honestly amazing, and you really bring that soulful sound to songs like this one and you just bring soul and everything else it's honestly such a great audition. I think you could push it a little more since your voice is very rocker and very raspy, I think you have room to push it to more levels than just this casual audition. But overall good job and maybe this season you make it a little bit further than what you placed in Season 5? Maybe? I wish you good luck though Ben.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Tommy - YES
Drake - YES

Ben Haenow, well done, you will be singing again in the next stage! *claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, 10 more acts join the next stage of the competition! Join us tomorrow for more auditions as we continue our search for the next winner of The X Factor! *claps*

#BecomeAJudge
Would you have said NO to any of tonight's acts?

From all of us on The X Factor, goodnight!

*claps*
1915 days 17 hours ago
hellocat
Would you have said NO to any of tonight's acts? tonight was really good but probably Andrea
1915 days 17 hours ago
Jameslu
Well done everyone!!!
1915 days 16 hours ago
ryan5676
The latest Stars winner is here and GL to the acts that got through!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!