This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S8] Auditions, Part 2

Topic » [S8] Auditions, Part 2

1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD

Hello and welcome to The X Factor 8! And we are here again in London looking for the next big singing sensation!

Please welcome your X Factor 8 Judges!

Tommy, Aili James, Drake and Melinda!

Three YES votes will send an act through to the next stage of the competition! Let the Auditions continue...
1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
01. Celtic Thunder "Heartland" (1001games)

Tommy:
I thought this was actually really good, I'm a fan of musical theatre and this had a similar vibe to that. The groups killed it last season, and the more obscure acts are taking it all the way and I have a good feeling, I want to see more!

Aili James:
This was different but different in a way of which I didn't like. It just left me bored and wanting more! There was some good vocals but it didn't do it for me!

Melinda:
I feel as if this was more forced then anything, I had a good time watching you all sing, but I didn’t feel anything from it unfortunately and I don’t know if you could redeem yourself in my eyes.

Drake:
Okay first of all I do recognize one of you from Glee Project aka Damian, so it's very nice to see one of my favorite Glee Project contestants auditioning. For this audition honestly I'm in love with you guys. You all bounced off each other perfectly, and the solos was very much well done especially the guy in the beginning which I loved. When you came together it sounded really well blended and it just was honestly so much fun. My only issue is that the song was very repetitive and I would want to see you guys come out of your comfort zone a little bit and not do songs that tend to be a few notes over and over.  Overall I think you guys really have star power and I'm so excited to see what else you bring next round if you make it.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Melinda - NO
Drake - YES

Unfortunately Celtic Thunder, you have not made it through to the next stage, thank you for auditioning today. *claps*
1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
02. Place on Earth "Nightcall" (ryan5676)

Tommy:
This was actually a perfect audition song choice because we got to really hear your voices and I have to say guys that I liked what I heard, I think you need a bit of guidance, but that is something that is offered further down the line. For this stage, this was good.

Aili James:
Now I am a huge supporter of male and female groups. And you guys sounded really good! I actually enjoyed this performance and look forward to seeing more of you.

Melinda:
This was cute, for an audition I expect more as this is the first time we’re going to be watching you. So I expected you to step it up if you’re through!

Drake:
Wow there's a lot here and I'm really enjoying everything you are presenting to us tonight. I really enjoyed the girl in the middle, your voice sounds really beautiful and I could see you connecting to the song and just overall giving us a beautiful song. I think the other two were kinda holding back in a way because I felt some nervousness from them. More so the girl on the left than the guy playing the guitar, but overall this was a nice audition, and really set the tone of who you are as an artist. I'm going to expect bigger things for you guys in the future so I hope you're ready to take the challenge.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

Place on Earth, Congratulations! You have made it to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1895 days 3 hours ago
Jameslu
Good luck everyone!!!
1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
03. Mcap Steve "Take On Me" (Craftycam10)

Tommy:
I mean I loved the parody, but I don't think this was great - it as a little shouty and I think you know that. I don't really have any words, I felt like I really wanted to like this, but maybe not for the right reasons.

Aili James:
Oh my gosh firstly it's not a live performance. Secondly, you were like too shouty and screaming at times. My ears hurt a little. Like the shouting hurt my ears.

Melinda:
Really?

Drake:
If you're going to audition don't audition as a fucking joke it takes away spots from who do want to audition and actually want to win this whole thing so you need to just stop. If I were Tommy I would have deleted your audition the moment you posted it and tell you to pick a new artist in this category because this is honestly ridiculous

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - NO
Melinda - NO
Drake - NO

I'm sorry Mcap Steve! You have not made it through to the next part of the competition. Give it up for them! *claps*
1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
04. Craftycam10 "Hey Soul Sister" (Craftycam10)

https://vimeo.com/311316901

Tommy:
You know what, it wasn't great, but there were some nice moments in this and it is always super risky auditioning as yourself. I think you deserve a shot at a second chance of really showing us what you are capable of.

Aili James:
Now this is one of my favorite songs by Train. And auditioning as yourself is risky. I see some potential because some parts were nice! Some parts just felt a bit like you were saying it instead of singing it! I really ant to give you a shot at a second song.

Melinda:
Doesn’t let me view :/

Drake:
Okay so 9 times out of 10 I don't recommend auditioning as yourself because if I'm being completely honest it rarely works out. The only person that we saw make it past auditions got last in the live shows. Fortunately I think honestly your voice needs to mature and be trained a little bit before actually trying to audition for this competition. While also you having the backing track way to loud for me to hear your voice.  I think a little bit more training and maturing you could come back and amaze us.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - NO
Drake - NO

We're sorry Craftycam10, unfortunately you have not got a majority. Give it up for Craftycam10! *claps*
1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
05. MercyMe "Can Only Imagine" (Craftycam10)

Tommy:
I absolutely LOVED this! It was soulful, it was what I like to refer to as a 'moment'. I can only imagine what you have moving forward and I would love to see what that is. A strong vocal with a strong presence! Well done!

Aili James:
Okay WOW I was not expecting that! I actually really liked this and see you improving. This was a nice mellow performance! I like it a lot!

Melinda:
I liked this! Was very well planned out and all worked together really well! I enjoyed your voice and I’m glad we got to see you perform tonight! Good job!

Drake:
I honestly feel like the lead singer is holding back here, as I don't feel the connection 100% there. I think your more focused on the crowd than trying to give us that perfect performance. It seemed very lackluster, and I just didn't see it for a majority of the song. However towards the end I feel like you were actually trying and made me see a bunch of potential in you guys as artists. I just think you need to stop focusing on the crowd and stop letting them sing because it really takes away from you as an artist and the performance you're trying to give. But Overall I do see potential so hopefully you make it through.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

MercyMe, you are through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
06. Walk Off The Earth "Happy" (tinytim9)

Tommy:
*claps along* I absolutely loved this! It was fun, I was dancing with my fellow judges and I preferred this to the original! Groups are already, once again killing it this season. You were robbed in previous seasons so good luck!

Aili James:
I remember you guys auditioned in Season 5 and I really liked y'all! Glad to see you guys back again! Singing happy really made me happy and want to dance! This was good!

Melinda:
I like seeing a big band come together and perform a really good song! I enjoyed watching you play and sing and can’t wait to hopefully see more of you! Good job!

Drkae:
Well from the first time you counted done and started singing I could just see you guys are quirky and fun and I couldn't just help but smile once you guys started bobbing your heads. The camera pans to the kazoo person it was just overall quirky and funny and I just love it. You guys 100% get into the song because of this, and the voices and the creativity you guys have is definitely something we need in this show and I will be pushing for you in future rounds if you keep this up because I just honestly love everything  your presenting to us, I really hope you guys make it to the six chair challenge because I love everything good job guys.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

Walk Off The Earth you are through! Woo! Congratulations! *claps*
1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
07. Netta Barzilia "Hey Mama" (TheRankKing1)

Tommy:
I loved this because it was just super different and you brought a brand new vibe to the Auditions of The X Factor 8! Very nice moments in there and you brought something spicy to the competition! *claps*

Aili James:
Well this was a different take on this song. I found so strange like I don't know what to say. When you were singing it sounded good but for the majority of it not so much. I'm sorry.

Melinda:
This was different and not expected! I was bopping around singing along and having a good time and that’s what this is all about yes you need to sing but we need to enjoy it as well! Which I was! Good job!

Drake:
At first I was really hesitant about it, it seemed like you were more focused on that machine and creating music but as you focused less and less on that I was honestly amazed at how you made the song your own. Like when I saw the song choose I was expecting you to sing it the way it was intended however you completely caught me by surprise and delivered something that I am not upset about. I think you focused a little too much on the machine for my tastes but like you voice has a good amount of soul to it, and I'm honestly amazed at what you brought to this stage, and I think you have a lot of potential to go a long way if I'm being completely honest. Good job I can't wait to see what else you bring with your unique style of performing.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

Congratulations Netta Barzilia, with a majority YES - you are through to the next stage! *claps*
1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
08. Leona Philippo "A Natural Woman" (TheRankKing1)

Tommy:
*claps *Oh hell sorry! That was really good! For an audition too? I really loved this! You had power behind every word and if you're delivering this standard at the start, imagine what you're going to bring moving forward! Well done!

Aili James:
Girl you got some pipes in you! I could definitely see you doing well in this competition. Your voice just sounds so raw and authentic! And thats what I like most about it!

Melinda:
Another good audition tonight! I enjoyed listening to you sing and your pitch was lovely! You sounded really good and this was the way to show who you are in this kindness of competition!

Drake:
This seemed to be too relaxed for my taste, like don't get me wrong it's good and your vocals are really good. It just doesn't feel very authentic until you got to the ending when I could feel you actually connect to the song and I could hear it in your voice. I think you should focus on more letting the song flow through your body than trying to do this song just for the sake of amazing us with your voice. Overall though I think you have potential to do really good because I did see it in the end when something peaked and it just sounded so right compared the other parts of the performance. Overall good job here Leona I think I'm probably seeing more of you in the future.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

Leona Philippo, you are through to the next stage! *claps*
1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
09. Chloe Kohanski "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" (aria_grande)

Tommy:
This song is an incredibly hard song to perfect, and it has to have a certain level of conviction, power and energy. I don't think you quite reached that level, however this was still a great audition. I see a lot of potential in you and I enjoyed this. Well done!

Aili James:
*stands and claps* MY GOD! CHLOE! TOMMY KNOWS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU AND AM OBSESSED WITH YOU AND WITH YOU BEING HERE THIS SEASON I WANT THE GIRLS! This was so good! Like I love the psychedelic rock vibes from you! And this couldn't have been a more perfect song choice for your voice! I WANT THE GIRLS AGAIN!

Melinda:
Yes girl! You can sing! I loved everything about this, the plan of it was perfect and your voice is so lovely to listen too! Your tone and pitch was good and you definitely deserve to move on!

Drake:
You voice is very unique if that's the proper term for it if I'm being completely honest. If I'm being though I'm totally digging this performance, like don't get me wrong there were parts that seemed very shaky but it seemed like you were really getting into the song and kinda gave me a very much punk/rock n roll vibe which I enjoy a lot if I'm being completely honest. I think there's a lot of potential here that we can work with and I honestly am in love with some of the things you're giving me here. This isn't the most perfect audition but it definitely one of the better ones in my opinion so honestly really good job Chloe can't wait to see more of you and I know why Aili is in love with you.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

Chloe Kohanski! Well done! *claps* You are through to the next stage!
1895 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
10. Matt Terry "Stand By Me" (aria_grande)

Tommy:
I loved this! Your vocal was really goo, I think the song is a little outdated for you, but overall this was a very good audition and it excites me to see where you could go in this competition so best of luck!

Aili James:
*stands and claps* LAST SEASON, someone *coughs DRAKE* couldn't see your potential! You are an extremely talented singer and I definitely want to see you in the live shows to prove to Drake how talented you are! I was so upset at your elimination so I'm glad you're back and I wouldn't mind the boys to work with you!

Melinda:
Your back again! And you keep getting better and better it’s good to see you again and I hope the judges this time around like you more and you definitely came back to show your talents! Good job!

Drake:
This was an a very nice audition, I could feel you really get into the song and I could here the powers of your vocals. I think maybe you were trying to hard to bring yourself to show off your vocals, like don't get me wrong your voice is amazing but relax on forcing those notes when they aren't there because it just sounds a bit awkward and not fitting in. Overall though it was a really good job for this song, and knowing your performances from previous season this was honestly better than your six chair challenge that I eliminated you from so there's that. Honestly good job though I really enjoy what you delivered here, and hopefully this time you make the live shows.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

Well done Matt Terry! You are through to the next stage! *claps*
1895 days 2 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, second day of the audition is done, and the judges have added SEVEN more acts to the potential winning pool of season eight! *claps*

Join us tomorrow when we see 10 more new hopefuls take to the stage in Cardiff!

#BecomeAJudge
- Which judge do you think you would be like if you were on the panel and why?
Tommy, Aili James, Drake, Melinda?

From all of us at The X Factor, goodnight! *waves*
1895 days 2 hours ago
ryan5676
I'm happy Place on earth got through and I was worried for a sec that they wouldn't get through
1895 days 2 hours ago
hellocat
- Which judge do you think you would be like if you were on the panel and why?
Tommy, Aili James, Drake, Melinda? AILI JAMES CAUSE I THROW SHOE, CATCH WEAVES LIKE I DOES ON THE FOUR.
1895 days 2 hours ago
1001games
Celtic Thunder was robbed! :(

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!