This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S8] Auditions, Part 1

Topic » [S8] Auditions, Part 1

1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD

Hello and welcome to a brand new season of The X Factor! We are about to start the search for your eighth singing sensation of the series, which act will follow in the footsteps of the greats?

There's The Script, Adele, Sam Tsui, Tessanne Chin, Jessica Sanchez, Chris Blue and our recent winners 4th Power! *claps*

Let's welcome your X Factor 8 judges!

Tommy!
Aili James!
Drake!
Melinda!

*claps*

Remember in this round, each act auditions for our panel of judges, and each act has to receive a majority of 3 YES votes to make it to the next stage of the competition.

Let the #Auditions commence...
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
01. Hozier "To Be Alone" (hellocat)

Tommy:
Hozier, I really liked this. It was just you, really feeling yourself and feeling the music. You have a great rasp in your vocal - I don't think these acoustics did it any justice however. I see real potential in you, a good solid audition! Well done.

Aili James:
Yay! I'm so glad you're back again! You already know how much I love you! This was just another great way to showcase that amazing and raspy voice of yours! I hope I get the boys this year, because I would love to work with the boys!

Drake:
Well it certainly nice to see you back after I eliminated you in judge cuts last season, and honestly this was a change of pace and a refreshing performance from what I was used to. The emotion was very much there, and you were trying to embody the song however there wasn't that push to really make this performance something special in my opinion. Maybe because it was a 5 minute song, and most of it was repetitive throughout with the same notes at certain points. Wish you kinda changed it up and not drag it down throughout the song because I kinda lost interest around minute 3 of the song. Overall though a great start to audition and maybe this is your season.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

*claps*

Congratulations Hozier! You are through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
02. Emily Ann Roberts "Hope You Dance" (hellocat)

Tommy:
Emily, you have a real softness and you bring a real coolness to the country genre. I think you need a little bit of work in your control and maintaining those beautiful notes for a length of time, but this was a great audition. It's exciting when we get to welcome brand new artists to this show! Well done!

Aili James:
*claps* OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU! You sounded a bit shake at times but I feel that was just the nerves! You're country and I LOVE IT! Definitely wouldn't mind getting the girls again if it means I get to work with you! You're an angel!

Drake:
Okay the first note felt very pitchy and made my opinion of you quickly go negative. It seemed like maybe you were singing too high of a key in the beginning however you quickly got back into the right key and made your voice bearable to listen to. I think you have honestly a good amount of work behind you when it comes to vocally controlling your voice and bringing that connection I didn't feel in this song however I really go see potential in you. I think your biggest issue right now though is trying to hit the correct notes of the song, and know your voice because what I hear it you struggling to hit those notes and it's very shaky. You have a great amount of potential you just need a lot of work in my opinion, but it was a good enough audition for me to see something in your good job Emily.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

*claps*

Well done Emily Ann Roberts, you have secured your spot in the next stage! *claps*
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
03. Dolly Parton "I Will Always Love You" (hellocat)

Tommy:
This was a super interesting audition, because as it started and the first 25% I thought WOW. This is actually better than the original, this is something special. However, I feel you lost your way a little bit throughout. There is no denying that you have a great vocal, but I sit a little on the fence and I really am not sure how to vote.

Aili James:
*stands and claps* YASSS THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU! Many people forget that you originally sang this song and that Whitney just did a cover of it. I always feel with country songs, you connect and feel the emotion of the song much more and Dolly you just did that!

Drake:
This was a very interesting rendition of the song that a lot of people sing on this show. At first I was hesitant however I just love how soft you voice is, I just wish you would stop speak singing like you were doing an ASMR video. That's really my only critique because your voice sounds so beautiful when you did this song, and honestly the way you changed it is probably one of the best rendition of this song. But that's honestly no surprise given that this is originally your song and not Whitney's. This was just a really well done performance, with a few things so fix for your next performance but honestly good job Dolly I honestly see what else you bring in the future rounds because I know it will be amazing hopefully.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

*claps*

That's 3 yes votes! Dolly Parton, you are on the show! *claps*
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
04. ABBA "Dancing Queen" (hellocat)

Tommy:
I mean, the music drowned you out a little bit, but I could not help, but enjoy this. It was infectious and I just find myself wanting and needing to see more. I think you could have potential and I'd love to see a little more.

Aili James:
*stands and dances along* Wow I know this song a lot thanks to Mamma Mia! But watching and listening to you guys rock it out was absolutely amazing! It made me smile so much! What a great audition, this brought so much happiness to me! My god you girls are so good! I WOULD LOVE TO GET THE GROUPS AGAIN BECAUSE YOU GUYS COULD WIN! I love this so much, and I am going to make a bold statement right now, THIS IS MY FAVORITE AUDITION EVER IN MY 5 SEASONS OF JUDGING!

Drake:
This is quite a coincidence since my college is doing Mamma Mia in the summer for their musical. However judging this performance, I honestly thought the beginning was a bit off key and sounded a little funky however when you got into the verse it sounded very well done, and it was 100% upbeat and energetic, which I expect nothing less of you guys. I enjoy the parts that you went together into unison, but also you had harmonies in the chorus which sounded very pleasant. It was honestly such an entertaining performance and I was bopping along to it having the time of my life living my best nostalgia life. Overall good job, maybe this group will the one group that's older and make it very far into the competition because I really enjoyed you guys performing.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

*claps*

ABBA, you are through to stage two! Well done! *claps*
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
05. Pleun Bierbooms "Million Years Ago" (ryan5676)

Tommy:
*claps* I really felt this song! I felt like you were really delivering the words from that stage over to us on the panel. You have a soft and well executed vocal that has a great sense of storytelling which for me personally, is great! I loved it well done and welcome to The X Factor!

Aili James:
I felt this performance was really stripped back. And you made emphasis on the words and I connected to those lyrics and I see potential in you. I am a bit worried about this song choice though, because I don't know if everyone will like it.

Drake:
This is one of the better auditions, I'm honestly amazed at how you were able to control your voice, and connect to the song. Plus the moment when you switched registers without missing a beat was truly and honestly amazing. I think you have potential to push it even further than this performance, because this was a really good audition. You definitely know your voice, and you know your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to it. I honestly hope you make it through because I can't wait to see what else you do since this really peaked my interest about you, good job girl.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

*claps*

Pleun Bierbooms, with FOUR yes votes! You're through to stage two! Well done! *claps*
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
06. Tate Stevens "Anything Goes" (ryan5676)

Tommy:
All of this country tonight! I genuinely love it! I thought this was a super impressive vocal, you delivered and you did not really hold back, but I still feel like there is more to you, like we are just scratching the surface. I want to see more of you, and I want to see more men in the overs category this season so best of luck!

Aili James:
OMG YES ANOTHER COUNTRY SINGER! I kid you not, I am a huge fan of country and support country artists a lot and Tate this was a really solid performance! You got that country voice that makes the girls in love! I enjoyed this performance and look forward to your next performance!

Drake:
Wow the country singers are really taking over, however your voice is really rich country and really powerful. Like once you hit that high note in the chorus I was really shocked on your vocal ability. I especially loved when you just tried to make the song your own because I know how country songs tend to be repetitive but there was just the right amount of change to keep me interest without making it sound funky which I really enjoy. I honestly have nothing else to say about this performance other than good job hopefully I see you in the next round.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

*claps*

Tate Stevens, you're off to the next stage! *claps*
1918 days 15 hours ago
Jameslu
Eeks yay I was waiting for this! :)
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
07. Aydan Calafiore "Despacito" (ryan5676)

Tommy:
When I looked at my notes and saw the name of the song you were going to be singing for us today I was worried, it's an overplayed, oversung song. However... *claps*... You killed it Aydan! You absolutely brought the house down and you had a brand new vibe that the song needed, it wasn't a direct copy and that was fab! This was special!

Aili James:
"*claps and dances* I actually really enjoyed this! I get worried when people sing Despacito but damn you killed it! Your energy is infectious! The fact you can sing English and Spanish and kill it like that is amazing! Well done!
"

Drake:
I was worried when I saw your song choice, however I had nothing to worry about because you completely slayed this song. You had the energy, you had the energy, and I think this is the best audition I have heard today. Like you brought everything to the table and you didn't leave anything behind. You nailed both english and spanish parts perfectly, and I have that beautiful falsetto that I want to hear a lot more of in future performances. I think this is a really good first audition and in the future rounds of this competition I think I will 100% remember who you are and what you presenting to us tonight. Good job Aydan honestly really good job.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - NO
Drake - YES

Well done, with a majority vote Aydan Calafiore, you are of to the second stage of the season! *claps*
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
08. Jake Bugg "Me And You" (1001games)

Tommy:
There is something so intriguing about you and it really makes me want to see more. I love that you offer something different and I want to see more. Your vocal is unique, I love just seeing you up there. Yeah, a good job!

Aili James:
*claps* Ooooh I remember you from last season! I definitely feel that this audition was way better! It sounded so different and unique and I'm a fan! I definitely seeing you doing way better this season!

Drake:
Okay I remember you auditioning 2 seasons back, and I was hoping that you got better with time but I was honestly wrong. I'm honestly not a big fan of your voice and it kinda sounds like everything it a bit pitchy. I think maybe youre trying to hard to be a unique singer, and it's really pulling the performance down because I just don't like the sound your voice sounds. Maybe if you tried a more relaxed song that doesn't push hard on the vocals you could do better but I don't know it's just this performance is something that I don't really want to listen to ever again I'm sorry.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - NO

Three votes is all you need, Jake Bugg - you are through to the next stage *pats back*
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
09. Joss Stone "Midnight Train To Georgia" (1001games)

Tommy:
Lyrically, I thought this was a little bit lackluster, however - if you really listen to your vocal, you can hit some really great notes and that's what we have to look for and hold on to at this stage in the competition. If you do make it to the next stage, you have something to prove and that's not a bad thing. Good luck!

Aili James:
My god you have a beautiful speaking voice! I was not expecting that voice! It's very soulful and I am just shook and the depth of your voice! I feel like this was a safe audition though because it didn't show off much but it showed just enough for me. Also the ending song choice had me jamming along because I like that song so much! I feel like you may surprise us hey!

Drake:
My first critique I would like to bring up is when you notes get soft I feel as though it's get a little to soft to a point where I could barely hear you. However I could tell by the first note that your voice is very soulful and very powerful. I also seeing you trying to embody the song and really bring the emotion that it takes to truly bring this song to a really good performance. I think honestly though you were holding back and were afraid to truly come out of your shell, I think with a little more power behind your voice you could be a force to be reckoned with in future rounds, however this is a good first audition. I also would get rid of the backing singers because it sounds like they're overpowering you in a bit and they're stealing the show, but still good job in this audition.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

Joss Stone, you are on the show! Congratulations! *claps*
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
10. Andy Grammar "Spaceship" (1001games)

Tommy:
*claps* Andy, I absolutely loved this. I thought it was cool, I thought vocally it was good, and you have a really good overall performance! I really would love to see more of you and I think it would be a shame if we did not.

Aili James:
*claps* EEKS I'M IN HEAVEN, ANOTHER COUNTRY SINGER! This audition was different to what I was expecting but your smile really made me enjoy this performance because I could see you were really feeling this performance! I really digged this more than I expected to be honest! Not a bad job!

Drake:
Okay when you went into the chorus I think you struggled to get the right notes at first but you quickly recovered so be careful of those shaky transitions between the verse and the chorus. Overall though this was really good, I could tell you were really trying to tell the message of the song through emotion and embodying the song. It actually felt like you were trying to sing the song to someone and you were convinced them that somebody loves them. It honestly this was a solid audition and I'm curious what else you bring to the table. I will say my favorite part was you went acapella when it was just the claps because your voice really shined there so maybe try doing some simplified performances in the future and see how they do.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Melinda - YES
Drake - YES

Andy Grammar, last to perform, but worth the wait! You are through to the second stage of the competition! *claps*
1918 days 15 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, 10 acts have auditioned for us tonight and the judges have sent through ALL 10 of them *wipes forehead* to the second stage of the competition!

Join us tomorrow where the judges critique more hopefuls! Will out winner be auditioning?

Thank you all for watching!

#BecomeAJudge
(respond to this thread with the above hashtag)
- What did you think of the auditions today? Were the judges right in their verdicts?
- Any early potential winners?

Goodnight!

*claps*
1918 days 15 hours ago
Jameslu
Yay at all 10 making it through!!!
1918 days 15 hours ago
aria_grande
What did you think of the auditions today? Were the judges right in their verdicts?
>I think the judges was completey right with their decisions as this was a very strong day and all deserved their places
>>- Any early potential winners?
>Wow that is hard as well there is too many to choose from
1918 days 15 hours ago
PoisonedHeart
#BecomeAJudge

Really the day was hard
i hope that Jake Bugg be a surprise i loved it

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!