This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S10] The Showcases (Round 1)

Topic » [S10] The Showcases (Round 1)

1431 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
A new non-live episode of The X Factor 10: The Showcases will be posted later today.

The following acts will be performing tonight:

#TeamChris
01. Andra Day (ryan5676)
02. Brigit Mendler (Ajathekween)
03. Che Chesterman (Rubes)
04. Pentatonix (nhl8765554321)
05. Sam Bailey (raygan94) #Steal
06. Tori Kelly (stuartlittle16) #Steal
07. Grace Potter (1001games)
08. Joshua Ledet (Jameslu)
------------------------------------
#TeamNehemiah
01. Jukebox The Ghost (Royal1836)
02. P!NK (Tinkerbelll) #Steal
03. Billie Eilish (Tester) #Steal
04. Harry Styles (Tester)
05. Marc Broussard (DrG2)
06. Nicholas Mcdonald (raygan94)
07. Leroy Sanchez (stuartlittle16)
08. Alex & Sierra (Jameslu)

After each team has performed, your respective judge will select THREE acts to advance to the Live #QuaterFinals, the remaing FIVE per team will be eligible for the #LifeLineVote to become the 13th act of this seasons Top 13!

Best of luck!
1431 days 10 hours ago
Jameslu
YUS @ Joshua Ledet and Alex & Sierra closing their teams shows <3
Hoping they both make it through *fingers crossed*
1431 days 4 hours ago
Neme91
Tonight is going to be brutal, it's gonna be hard. 20 people fighting for 1 lifeline vote it's gonna be messy. Wish we could be sending in 4 people per team but good luck to you all tonight!
1431 days 1 hour ago
TommyD

It's the final hurdle before the #LiveQuarterFinals and the biggest cut so far. Who will be making it to the Season 10 Top 13?

Welcome to The X Factor 10: The Showcases!

*claps*

Please welcome your judges!

Tommy, Chris, Taylor and Nehemiah! *claps*

Tonight #TeamChris and #TeamNehemiah take to the stage to perform their showcase songs, then their respective judge will select THREE of their eight acts to progress to the live shows.

The remaining acts will then be eligible for this seasons new #LifelineVote!

Let #TheShowcases commence..
1431 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
First up, the spotlight is on #TeamChris!

Goodluck Chris! *claps*

01. Andra Day "Rise Up" (ryan5676)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Andra! You are someone I have taken notice right from your audition. i absolutely loved this and what a great song choice for you. It really showed off your tone and what came through with this was your tenderness and your vulnerability which I absolutely loved seeing. I personally would love to see you in the live shows this season!

TAYLOR:
*STANDING OVATION*
WOW!! This is what I have been missing from you Andra!! You needed to be singing an original that you felt so passionate about for me to really grasp your artistry!! This was great <33

NEHEMIAH:
This song hold so much emotion, so much raw talent, and Andra no doubt you are a powerhouse. *Standing Ovation*

CHRIS:
*claps* You definitely bring your killer performance and I applaud for doing it tonight. Your vocals reminds me of Rihanna but sorry you're better in my opinion. Those break is impeccable. I just loved the message of the song as what's happening right now in the world. This is just perfect song for you, you have the styles & techniques. However I'm in doubts picking you tonight since the season is competitive as ever.

*claps*
1431 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
02. Brigit Mendler "Locked Out of Heaven" (Ajathekween)

.be

TOMMY:
This was good, but I do think you have done better. I don't think this was the right song choice for you in my honest opinion. It just did not showcase your talent to the maximum if I am being completely honest. I can see the appeal in you, but tonight's decision is so hard so I wish you the best!

TAYLOR:
*Claps*
Wow this was a great cover! You showed off that unique vibe we all fell in love with good job! <3
Idk why but this performance really made me want to dance with you! Loved it!!! YUS!!

NEHEMIAH:
You have been one of my favorites this season and I think you are one of the underdogs that people didn’t expect could actually be a contender. I loved this performance but let’s hope Chris sees the potential you possess.

CHRIS:
*claps* OMG! I definitely enjoyed listening to this and I'm happy you consulted me before posting this. This is just the best perfect song for you as it showcases your vocals and techniques. I'm worried if we still get to see this sweet & charming vocals like you done in audition if ever you make in live shows, I'm worried if your gonna be consistent or done better like this.

*claps*
1431 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
03. Che Chesterman "When a Man Loves a Woman" (Rubes)

TOMMY:
*claps*
Che! I feel like this was a slow burner at first, but oh my goodness! By the end, I was absolutely feeling your performance. You have some crazy talents don't you! You were really invested in the songs and I actually believed what you were singing which is a true testament to your emotional connection to us. Well done.

TAYLOR:
*STANDS & CRIES*
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TornMiniatureAntelope-max-1mb.gif
CHE!!!! You slayed this shit bruh! I am so happy with you tonight!!!! Bravo <33

NEHEMIAH:
I love you Che but for some reason this performance did not fully captivate me and I wasn’t 100% moved. Not a bad performance at all but it didn’t do anything.

CHRIS:
*claps* You're absolutely one of the male powerhouse vocals in this competition that's why I choose you in my team and probably bringing these types moving forward. You've done a great job singing this, it wan't flawless but still tolerable.

*claps*
1431 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
04. Pentatonix "Dog Days Are Over" (nhl8765554321)

TOMMY:
One of my favourite songs! Let me first say, your talent is crazy, the things you can do with your voices is crazy! However, that being said, I don't think this was as strong as your last two performances, it just felt less 'together' - I will say though, the one male *points* you stood out in this and had the most incredible vocal in this song! I just wanted more from the group as a whole.

TAYLOR:
*STANDING OVATION*
This is the first time I really am loving you guys!!!! Great job <33

NEHEMIAH:
I actually love this song, and I believe this was a really good song choice. I think this was captivating and you gave Chris a harder time making a decision.

CHRIS:
*claps* You guys are definitely the unique groups that we need right now in the competition. I loved that you all are working very well and have great individual voices. As for tonight, it wasn't that smooth unfortunately and I'm disappointed as you can do better than this!

*claps*
1431 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
05. Sam Bailey "Power of Love" (raygan94) #Steal

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
WOW! Sam Bailey! That was so so so impressive! I am devastated that I let you go, but so happy that Chris stole you because you do deserve a shot in this competition and for this reason specifically. This was your best performance to date. What a huge song and it all seemed so effortless to you. This was next to faultless for me and I think you just sung your way straight into this seasons quarter-finals. Well done!

TAYLOR:
*STANDING OVATION*
SAM!!!! I really wanted you on my team but happy you ended up on Chris’s Team!! This was a great performance you killed it!! Hope to see you in the lives!! <33

NEHEMIAH:
*Standing Ovation* You look like a star tonight and you came out here not holding back ANYTHING tonight!

CHRIS:
*claps* This is how you do it, Sam! I'm so impressed that it's totally showcases your vocals with that song. You really have the X Factor to win this thing BUT I just don't know if you're winnable as I watch you twice already in the show. However you have the determination and passion in your thing and this might change my mind, let's see.

*claps*
1431 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
06. Tori Kelly "Language" (stuartlittle16) #Steal

TOMMY:
*claps*
Tori, for me this was a performance of many highs and a few lows. You have such an incredible voice and there were a lot of tricks throughout this performance that showed it off well. There were a couple of moments where I felt you faded or lost your momentum a little, but you did bring it right back. Chris stole you for a reason and I do think you have a good shot at making it to the lives. Good luck!

TAYLOR:
*STANDING OVATION*
TORI!!!!!! My Girl this performance was soooo good!! It was soooooo hard letting you go I really hope you can pull through tonight and make it to the live shows!!! <33

NEHEMIAH:
I am glad that you got stolen, this is not the end for you. Chris knew the talent you possess and if anyone knows what to do with you is Chris

CHRIS:
*claps* OMG! My team is stacked because of you and I'm having a tough time right now.  You are one of the most talented acts this season and you showed it every time you performed on that stage. BUT it's risky to bring you in live shows, I'm worried in your song choices and judges might not like it.

*claps*
1431 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
07. Grace Potter "Paris" (1001games)

.be

TOMMY:
*claps*
I actually quite enjoyed this. I love that you just stick out for all the right reasons, your the only one in this competition doing it like you and I love that! Your voice is good throughout this performance and I just loved seeing you rock out up there. There were moments where I questioned your longevity in this competition, but I wouldn't mind seeing Chris give you a shot tonight. Good luck!

TAYLOR:
*Stands & Claps*
Best performance so far this season <33

NEHEMIAH:
I really love your style and I’m glad you made it this far for which Chris sees talent. It sucks that we all have to eliminate FIVE people and I hope tonight Chris enjoyed what you had to present.

CHRIS:
*claps* I really hate the new format right now, if we're still in the old format and assigned in Overs I'll definitely take you instantly in lives! Anyways, you brought again your A-game tonight, I just like your raspy vocals, this is just amazing. You definitely make us head bang every time you performed and that's what I like! HOWEVER I don't know if judges gonna like you or remembered or have impact to them.

*claps*
1431 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
08. Joshua Ledet "I Believe" (Jameslu)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
The talent you have scares me because you really do have the potential to make it all the way this season. That for me was a great performance, you just have so much passion and so much soul and I just watch you in awe. A great performance and I will be extremely shocked if your coach does not send you through to the lives tonight. Good luck!

TAYLOR:
*STANDING OVATION*
YUUUSSS!! YOU BETTA SANG JOSHUA!!!! <33
https://media1.tenor.com/images/c46da1b6667bd628467646ff10f449fd/tenor.gif

NEHEMIAH:
I wasn’t a fan of your knockout performance but I do believe that you came back stronger and I am all for male representation this season. I think this performance was a redemption.

CHRIS:
*claps* WOWOW!!! I You really have the capability to snatch everyone's wig and I liked that from you. That song is suited for you as it showcases your vocals and you definitely shined tonight. You're definitely a force to be reckoned with. BUT I just dunno if the judges like you because you sometimes tend to shout and so much carried away on your performance.

*claps*
1431 days 1 hour ago
nhl8765554321
well bye i knoww i am leving the comparison the judges did not like me
1431 days 1 hour ago
Jameslu
Thank you judges for the comments for Joshua! <3
1431 days 1 hour ago
Jameslu
Chris and the amount of times he said "BUT" tonight I-
1431 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
Okay Chris - It's decision time! #TeamChris

You can only send through three of your acts to the live quarter finals shows. The remaining acts will battle it out for the lifeline vote.

CHRIS:
My team is stacked, having 8 acts and this stage of the game and only taking 3 through the live shows is brutal! I hate this feeling. You all definitely set your bar high and I'm impressed to all of you and deserved an...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o7TKRZ4TwEj2FL5hS/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fcf08c5df0049088c2632758068440e9373f90bc&rid=giphy.gif

--------------------------------------------------

CHRIS:
For my first decision, I definitely need a male act because we need representation! These act continuously impresses me with his song choices, vocal prowess, and audience impact. I'm taking you to the live shows... Joshua Ledet!

Congratulations Joshua Ledet (Jameslu)! You are through to the #LiveShows! *claps*

CHRIS:
This second act I'm taking was the type of act perfectly made in the live shows but never yet win. I hope it works this time and finally snatch the crown. At first I'm doubt if I'm gonna take these act but with right song choices and guidance we can make it happen. You're through to the #Quarterfinals .... Pentatonix!

Congratulations Pentatonix (nhl8765554321)! You are moving on to the live shows as part of #TeamChris! *claps*

CHRIS:
This is hard choice but I believe she can pull it through. This act capable to stunned us with her performances and huge passion in this thing! I'm taking you to the next stage... Sam Bailey!

Congratulations Sam Bailey (raygan94) #Steal! You are through to the season 10 QUARTER FINALS! *claps*

This does mean that the following acts have not been selected:
03. Brigit Mendler (Ajathekween)
04. Che Chesterman (Rubes)
05. Andra Day (ryan5676)
06. Grace Potter (1001games)
08. Tori Kelly (stuartlittle16) #Steal

However, you will all be eligible for this seasons #LifelineVote from tomorrow evening! Best of luck! For now, give it up for #TeamChris!

*claps*

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!