This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S10] The Knockouts (Round 4)

Topic » [S10] The Knockouts (Round 4)

1434 days 23 hours ago
TommyD
A new non-live episode of The X Factor 10: The Knockouts will be posted today!

The following acts will feature in this episode:

#TeamNehemiah
01. Nicholas Mcdonald (raygan94)
02. Barns Courtney (1001games)
----------------------------------------
#TeamChris
03. Brigit Mendler (Ajathekween)
04. Leah McFall (hazbez94)
#TeamChris
05. Andra Day (ryan5676)
06. Jill Marie Cooper (Glambert_Icon)
#TeamTommy
07. Rebecca Ferguson (melindaMrskk)
08. Sarah Ikumu (Rubes)
#TeamNehemiah
09. Harry Styles (Tester)
10. Guster (1001games)
#TeamTaylor
11. Haley Reinhart (Jameslu)
12. Tori Kelly (stuartlittle16)

Only one act from each pairing can move on with their judge to #TheShowcases - the other is available for a #Steal

Steals Available:
Chris - 1 Steal
Taylor - 1 Steal

Best of luck!
1434 days 21 hours ago
chris2pei
good luck everyone!
1434 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
Good luck all!
1434 days 20 hours ago
melindaMrskk
Going against Rubes again RIP lmao gl rubes❤️
1434 days 19 hours ago
Rubes
LMAOO gl Melinda, let’s kill it again <33
1434 days 19 hours ago
Jameslu
GL Michael! <3
1434 days 19 hours ago
Tester
GL!
1434 days 18 hours ago
TommyD

Hello and welcome to The X Factor 10: The Knockouts! *cheers*

It's the final round of #TheKnockouts today and pressure is rising as we head into #TheShowcases!

Six more pairings will sing their own songs tonight and their respective judge will only be able to send ONE of them through to #TheShowcases (Top 32).

The remaining act is available for the #Steal - tonight only Chris and Taylor have one steal left each and it has to be used in today's episode.

Let the final round of #TheKnockouts commence! *claps*
1434 days 18 hours ago
TommyD
Unfortunately, Nehemiah could not make it to today's episode due to reasons in real life, he has reviewed his teams performances though and will still be making a decision based off of them.

First Knockout of the night comes from #TeamNehemiah - it's Nicholas Mcdonald (raygan94) VS. Barns Courtney (1001games)! *claps*

01. Nicholas Mcdonald (raygan94)

TOMMY:
That was a really heartfelt and emotional performance. I'm going to be honest, at first, I thought you weren't as strong as your audition with us, but once you kicked in and the emotion came, you could really see the potential in your voice.

CHRIS:
*claps* I like that rendition. I'd like to see more confidence in your performance and connecting with us. But this still an OK for me and great job.

TAYLOR:
*Claps*
Hi Nicholas, Unique song choice but it worked for you. I did feel as though there were some off moments especially that last note but I can tell you want this Soooooooo badly and for that fight inside you that shines out when you sing is amazing! <333

*claps*

------------------------------------------

02. Barns Courtney (1001games)

.be

TOMMY:
*claps*
Barnes, I really enjoyed this! I absolutely love the tone to your voice, I think you've got such a coolness to you and a great presence when you perform. I can see a lot of potential in you moving forward and I am so pleased to see you in this competition. Good job!

CHRIS:
*claps* To be honest, this is better than your audition I like this! The song stuck in my mind, your style in singing is so cool, and in this duel I see you put your heart the most in the performance.

TAYLOR:
*Claps*
This was well matched both of you are very similar! This pairing makes sense I can see either of you winning this Knockout!! You really let it all go in this performance! Great job <33

*claps*

--------------------------------------------

Nehemiah, we know you have reviewed the performances, who is the winner of this knockout and moving forward with you to #TheShowcases?

NEHEMIAH:
Nicholas MdDonald!

Congratulations Nicholas Mcdonald (raygan94)! You are through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*

This does mean that Barns Courtney (1001games), you will be available for today's #Steal at the end of the episode. Good luck! *claps*
1434 days 18 hours ago
TommyD
Next we head over to #TeamChris - it's Brigit Mendler (Ajathekween) VS. Leah McFall (hazbez94)! *claps*

03. Brigit Mendler (Ajathekween)

.be

TOMMY:
*claps*
I used to love this song! Brigit, I think you did a really good job here, you really embodied the feeling of the song, it felt fun and playful at the same time. You have a really good voice and you have shown us that just in the two performances you have given us so far so I'm excited to see what else is on the cards from you moving forward.

TAYLOR:
*Claps*
WOW This was very unexpected from you!! I enjoyed this performance. It was very quirky, very Indie pop! You were really great Brigit!! <33

CHRIS:
*standing ovation* You really have a captivating vocals and you really have a great audition. This performance is flawless, sorry but I think this is better than the original, I just love the rendition as you give it a Bridgit-twist!

*claps*

-------------------------------------------------------

04. Leah McFall (hazbez94)

TOMMY:
*claps*
Leah, I really enjoyed this! You have such a remarkable tone to your voice and you shoed off some really impressive moments throughout that performance just then. It's going to be a tough call for your mentor Chris, being completely honest I have a soft spot for you so I think you would just edge the competition for me.

TAYLOR:
*Stands & Claps*
YUS!!! LEAH!!! I am in love with your voice!! You have an undeniable gift and I love how many layers your voice has!! You started off with some iconic notes and went into this chill vibe I am really into this!! Wowowwowow!!! <33

CHRIS:
*standing ovation* I'm gonna say this is better than your audition. I loved your styles and the arrangement of the song is so cool! I only have doubts if everyone in the panel will like you.

*claps*

Chris, it is now decision time. Which one of these two acts is advancing to The Showcases with you?

CHRIS:
So this is hard, this is last minute match up. I paired you both as I see you are talented, underrated & each have different styles at singing. This is equal duel to be honest and I'm having a tough time. I've made my decision, you are through to the next round... Bridgit Mendler! I'm sorry Leah McFall but I need to let you go, I hope Taylor steals you!

Congratulations Brigit Mendler (Ajathekween)! You are through to the next stage of the competition with #TeamChris! *claps*

Leah McFall (hazbez94), although you have not been selected, you will be available for Taylor's last #Steal at the end of the episode. Good luck! *claps*
1434 days 18 hours ago
TommyD
We're going to stick with #TeamChris now, here is Andra Day (ryan5676) VS. Jill Marie Cooper (Glambert_Icon) with their killer knockout performances! *claps*

05. Andra Day (ryan5676)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Andra, I absolutely love you. I loved you in your audition, and I love you now. It was very good and I just love all your runs and the soul. You're one of my favourite artists in the competition and I really hope Chris sees the potential in you.

TAYLOR:
*Claps*
Tbh Andra, this song choice was not a good one If you happen to move forward I hope you work on your song choices because I can hear that star in your voice but most of this performance felt really forced. I want to hear a really emotional ballad from you!! <33

CHRIS:
*stand & claps* OMG! I love your rendition to the song. You have the feisty in it, this is so flawless and those are things I choose you on my team.

*claps*

-----------------------------------------------

06. Jill Marie Cooper (Glambert_Icon)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
I am going to be completely honest, I was not expecting that. As soon as you started, you could tell that you came here to fight. That was a really good performance and a killer one at that. You need to work on the control a little bit more, but honestly you just made Chris' decision really difficult and if I had a steal remaining I would probably be stealing one of you.

TAYLOR:
*Stands & Claps*
WOW Jill! I know I gave you a no during the auditions but you have redeemed yourself with me for sure after this performance!! It takes a HUGE voice to try and tackle a Janis Joplin song and girl you DID THE DAMN THING!!!!!!!!! If you keep performing like this you could go far!! Keep it up <33

CHRIS:
*stand & claps*Why my acts are so good tonight?! Oh gosh.. you definitely brought your A-game tonight and I'm impressed as you give justice to the song. Just a tip, some points those high register is unpleasant to listen but I still commend you for doing your best tonight.

*claps*

--------------------------------------

Chris, it's your last decision of this stage, who is the winner of this Knockout?

CHRIS:
I paired you both obviously you're cover artists and owning those songs you performing. I've based my decision on who's the clearest performance and can do better moving forward and she is Andra Day! I'm sorry Jill Marie Cooper, I need to let you go. I hope Taylor used her steal on you.

Congratulations Andra Day (ryan5676)! You are through to #TheShowcases round! *claps*

This does mean that Jill Marie Cooper (Glambert_Icon), you will be available for Taylor's remaining #Steal at the end of this episode. Good luck! *claps*
1434 days 18 hours ago
TommyD
Let's move over to #TeamTommy and his last Knockout performance, please welcome to the stage Rebecca Ferguson (melindaMrskk) VS. Sarah Ikumu (Rubes)! *claps*

07. Rebecca Ferguson (melindaMrskk)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=a4fwkiFakTI

CHRIS:
*stand & claps* This is either hit or miss in the panel but this is a hit for me! You absolutely bring class in that performance and this is just flawless!

TAYLOR:
*Stands & Claps*
WOW Rebecca!! This was a great performance, You have such a distinct voice!! I love your tone!! You remind me of the old school blues singers!! Gorgeous!! <33

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
WOW! I was not expecting that! That was so cool, so smooth and aesthetically it all just looked incredible. You actually had so much control over your vocal and I can already see how much you have grown just in one performance. I really enjoyed this Rebecca, well done!

*claps*

------------------------------------------

08. Sarah Ikumu (Rubes)

CHRIS:
*stand & claps* I'm certain you snatched everyone's wig in the arena right now. The start wasn't that good but I'm glad that it's getting better in the end. Watching you is magical and I feel Taylor will choose you in these knockouts.

TAYLOR:
I couldn't see this video in my country & couldn’t find an alternate!! :/ Sorry Sarah <33

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Well done Sarah! That was a incredible vocal and you showed such a great scale of your vocal ability. Such a big song to take on and I am extremely impressed. You have made my job tonight extremely hard tonight.

*claps*

-----------------------------------------

It's decision time!

TOMMY:
Okay, I think you both deserve to make it to The Showcases and I hope that either Chris or Taylor use their steal on the remaining act. I have to take into consideration my team moving into the showcases and offer up as much diversity as I can. That being said, the winner of this Knockout is... Rebecca Ferguson (melindaMrskk)! I'm sorry Sarah! This was a really tough decision, I felt that you both performed well in your own lanes. Good luck with the steal.

Congratulations Rebecca Ferguson (melindaMrskk)! You are moving on to the next stage of the competition! *claps*

This does mean that Sarah Ikumu (Rubes), you will be available for the #Steal at the end of today's episode. Good luck! *claps*
1434 days 18 hours ago
TommyD
Let's head back over to #TeamNehemiah! - It's Harry Styles (Tester) VS. Guster (1001games)! *claps*

09. Harry Styles (Tester)

TOMMY:
*claps*
Harry, I loved the way you went for a slower song, it showed off your vocal ability and you have a sort of coolness to you that I find really intriguing. I believe that you have the potential to make it further in this competition. Good luck!

CHRIS:
This is a let down from your audition but at least we saw a different side of you. Is it just that the vocals is so weak and you rely most of the time in back-ups which is disturbing.

TAYLOR:
*Claps*
This was a nice performance Harry, I would have liked to hear more fight in your performance but other than that it was nice. If you end up staying I would say work on your song choices <33

*claps*

10. Guster (1001games)

.be

TOMMY:
*claps*
I have to applaud Nehemiah, because he is really rooting for the underdogs this season and for me that's great because I love an underdog too, I love a unique sounding voice, and I think you have that down to a tee. A very good job tonight, well done.

CHRIS:
I like you audition but this is still tolerable and enjoyable. I just wish you choose right song that can showcase more of your voice.

TAYLOR:
*Claps*
This was an interesting choice. I would have loved to hear an acoustic performance from you guys!! This was fun though <33

*claps*

-------------------------------------------

Nehemiah, it's decision time! Who is the winner of the Knockout?

NEHEMIAH:
Harry Styles!

Congratulations Harry Styles (Tester)! You are moving forward to #TheShowcases! *claps*

Unfortunately, this does mean that Guster (1001games), you have not been selected, but you will be available for tonight's #Steal - good luck! *claps*
1434 days 18 hours ago
TommyD
It's now time for the final Knockout of the season! It comes from #TeamTaylor - it's Haley Reinhart (Jameslu) VS. Tori Kelly (stuartlittle16)! *claps*

11. Haley Reinhart (Jameslu)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Haley, this was a beautiful performance! I really love and admire what you are offering us this season, it's just such a vibe and I am completely here for it. A great song choice, and you have a great vocal. Good job tonight.

CHRIS:
*standing ovation* OMG!!! You definitely snatch everyone's wig with class. You are one of the highlights in this audition in my opinion and this is just flawless and I just loved this.

TAYLOR:
*STANDING OVATION*
YUSSS HALEY!!!! You were my number 1 pick out of everyone here!!! And you did not disappoint!! I am in love with Soundgarden so this cover hits home pretty hard!! Thank you for greeting us all with your iconic, sultry, raspy, bluesy vocal toolbox!! You have so many tricks up your sleeves when it comes to your voice. You can sing any genre and kill it!! <33

*claps*

--------------------------------

12. Tori Kelly (stuartlittle16)

TOMMY:
*claps*
Tori, I thought this was beautiful. You had such an emotion behind it, I don't think I have ever seen the emotion in this song that you put into it, I really felt it. This was a great performance. I think for me, you connected a little better, but whoever loses Chris should be stealing. Good luck!

CHRIS:
*standing ovation* What a great way to end these knockouts! You absolutely sang it gracefully and I'm blown away, you are definition of talent. This is a fun battle and I can't wait on Taylor's decision rn.  Great job ladies.

TAYLOR:
*STANDING OVATION*
WOWOW TORI!!! This cover was full of emotion and clear runs!! This song is so beautiful and you did it justice!! You definitely built up the song and when it got time to burst out into fight mode you did!! Great job Tori <33

*claps*

----------------------------------------------

Taylor, one final decision tonight, who is the winner of this knockout?

TAYLOR:
I have to say both of you ladies did so well!! But I am going with the act I feel can bring so much to this competition and I know that it would be a shame to let either of you go so I hope the act who doens’t get picked will get stolen!!! So with that said. The Act who won this Knockout and is still on #TeamTaylor is…… Haley Reinhart!! Congrats girl!!!!
Sorry Tori but I have a feeling you might have some judges fighting over you!! <33 Gl!

Congratulations Haley Reinhart (Jameslu)! *claps* You are moving on to the next stage of the competition!

This means that although Tori Kelly (stuartlittle16), you have not been selected, you will be available for tonight's steal. Good luck!
1434 days 18 hours ago
melindaMrskk
Yasss Rebecca
1434 days 18 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, the final round of #TheKnockouts have aired and now Chris and Taylor we turn to YOU

Because the eliminated acts are NOW available to #STEAL!

Please post which act you are stealing for tonight, (it has to be pressed tonight) - If more than one judge steals a particular act, the act will then decide which judge to join moving forward.

AVAILABLE TO STEAL:
- Barns Courtney (1001games)
- Leah McFall (hazbez94)
- Jill Marie Cooper (Glambert_Icon)
- Sarah Ikumu (Rubes)
- Guster (1001games)
- Tori Kelly (stuartlittle16)

You have 12 hours to post your STEALS!

The submissions thread for The Showcases (Top 32) will be opening in the next few hours! Best of luck!

For now, goodnight! *waves*

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!