This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Solitary Updates

Topic » Solitary Updates

2606 days 20 hours ago
RShowFreak
Hello Number 10.

Good morning-evening-afternoon.

In Solitary, you must be prepared to go at a moment's notice.

Right now is a prime example of this.

It is now time for your next Test.

This Test is known as the Rearrangement Test.

In this Test, I will give you a section of text in a post below.  Using the letters in this text you will mix up those letters to spell out 2 things:

1. FIRST AND LAST names of someone who has participated on a season of the television show, Solitary.
2. A Test or Treatment played on a season of the TV Show, Solitary.

Once you use a letter in the text it cannot be used again.  So if the text has 8 LETTER A'S then in your list of names there can only be 8 A's.

How are each scored?

For the competitors where BOTH FIRST AND LAST NAME are required, if correct you will earn points equal to the number Pod they resided in during their time in Solitary.  If they had 2 different numbers across more than 1 season then their score would be the SUM of those numbers.

For the Tests, you will earn points equal to the number of the Pod who won that test.

For the Treatments, you will earn points equal to the number of Solitarians (players) who quit and pushed the Red Button during that Treatment.

If at any point in the list you have EITHER an INCORRECT ANSWER, a MISSPELLED ANSWER, or USE MORE LETTERS THAN ALLOWED your list counts as a DISQUALIFIED LIST. 

The Solitarian whose list is worth the least number of points will earn a penalty in the upcoming Treatment.  If anyone has a disqualified list then that score is considered last place UNLESS someone does not attempt the Test in which place they receive a greater penalty.  If multiple people are tied for lowest score then they will ALL receive the penalty.

The Solitarian whose list is worth the most number of points will earn safety from the next Treatment and earn a guaranteed spot in the next Cycle of the game.

For a list to count you will post your list ANYWHERE in your Pod.

The only catch is that in whatever thread you post your list, you MUST POST THE PHRASE:

PRESSES GREEN BUTTON

before submitting your list.

If you submit your list before posting that correctly spelled phrase then your score's point value will be decreased by 10%.  That means if your list was worth 50 points, it will lose 10% and be worth 45 points.

If there is a tie for most points, whoever has more names/test/treatments on their list will win.  If that is tied it goes to highest scoring name/test/treatment.  If that is still tied then the tiebreaker is most number of the highest amount of points earned.

You have a little over 24 hours to complete this Test, until 11:59 pm est TOMORROW (Monday) to post your list in your pod.

If you have any questions or clarifications then post them in your Pod and I will do my best to respond quickly.

Your Test will start when I post the text.
2606 days 20 hours ago
RShowFreak
The official text is any letter in between the double brackets [[ ]]

OFFICIAL TEXT:

[[Each series starts with the players finding themselves in their "pods", small octagonal cells approximately 10 feet (3.0 m) across, and identified by Val by the number of their pod. The pods include a "meal slot" where food and other items may be given to the players as part of the "treatment"; several cameras, microphones, and one-way mirrors; and a lockable door to an "ante-pod" chamber where players may use the bathroom, be sequestered while challenges are set up in the pods, or for further interviews. Most importantly, the pods each contain a flat-screen television representing Val and red and green push buttons below it.  The environment of the pods is under control of Val, including the lighting, the temperature, and other features such as a retractable bed that may be offered at times. While players are given sufficient water, their meals are rationed, typically consisting of either a tasteless "nutrition bar" or a very small portion of a food item, e.g. a single grape or almond. However, as either a reward or part of a challenge, players are sometimes given larger amounts of more nourishing food items. Furthermore, while each pod is equipped with a proper bed, Val will often limit the amount of sleep the players get by making sure they stay awake, though the players are granted short sleep periods at times. Players only communicate with Val during the game, with Val being their proxy should they be allowed to "communicate" to another player.]]

You have roughly over 24 hours for this challenge.

Good luck.
2606 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
PRESSES GREEN BUTTON
2606 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
David Drachman
Liberty Freeman
Wheely Long Message
Danielle Flanagan
Phu Pham
Karrie McNeal
Eriq Shaw
Time Tracking
Rat Race
Past Tests/Treatments
Steven Gee
Tyler Tongate
Andrew Sabat
Bea Henington
Mystery Message
Time To Die
Michelle Sims
Beach Ball Tower
Color Blind
Leroy Patterson
Maureen Francisco
Florin N
Brainwash
Aroma Therapy
Taralee D.
Ball Flood
Foot Step Message
Michelle R.
Solitary Cinema
Meat Shop
Heavy Torso
Bomb Defusing
Deena Holland
Domino Chain
Ceon Murray
Guess My Weight
Rommel Gargoles
Pamela Crawford
Horrific Equation
Stephen Sutton
Nic Leland
2606 days 10 hours ago
RShowFreak
Your list has been logged.

Keep watch for when I post the results.
2605 days 17 hours ago
RShowFreak
Good morning-evening-afternoon Number 10

I can now reveal the results of the Rearrangement Test.

All 12 remaining Solitarians participated in the Test with a third of the group earning very high points (over 300).

Your score was 215 points.

I will start with the worst performer.  In this Test, all players participated but THREE received a score of 0 DUE TO DISQUALIFICATION for using more letters in their list (either 1 J or 1 extra K) than were available in the provided text.

The Solitarians who performed the worst in this Test and will ALL receive a penalty in the upcoming Treatment will be
Numbers 6, 12 and 13

Of those who performed the best, 4 players reached a score over 300.  Of those 4, two tied for the most points at 318 points.  The tiebreaker went unbroken as both Solitarians list consisted of the same names, tests and treatments.  Thus, with both tied up to the max tiebreaker, BOTH SOLITARIANS will earn safety from the Treatment.

The winners of this Test and thus earning safety from my next Treatment and guaranteed a spot in the next cycle of my experiment are
Numbers 7 and 8.

As you can see, you have not won this Test and will be forced to compete in my next Treatment.  Your next Treatment will be posted in a few hours.

Good luck.
2605 days 5 hours ago
RShowFreak
PART 1 OF 2:

Welcome to your next Treatment, The Solitary In-VAL-tational.

In this treatment, you will play 9 holes of Solitary golf.  Your pod has been turned into a golf course with a hole at 1 end and you starting on another side.  The course is divided into 4 sections.  In the middle of your pod is a platform with a chair in it facing the screen.  An example of the layout is in the group images.

Before each hole of golf, you will be faced with a Puzzle where certain words are replaced with the 1st letter in the word and you need to recite the phrase.  These puzzles are items/phrases involving Solitary the TV Show, the Solitary game you are in now, Tengaged and the RSF Franchise (with any info needed on my profile).

You will have up to 5 guesses to solve the puzzle.  The sooner you solve the puzzle, the better your chances at golf which will be based on luck (a randomizer) and your choices.  In addition, you have a time limit.  If 2 minutes pass with no guess then that is also judged as an incorrect guess.

Once the puzzle portion is complete, the golf will be played.

In golf, when you start you have 2 choices.  You can EITHER play the course normally or take the risk of the Hole-in-One.  Whenever you play golf the randomizer will choose the result between 10 options.  Based on how quickly you solved the puzzle will determine the odds of what occurs.

When you go for the Hole-in-One, you can risk having a score of 1 stroke (best possible for a hole).  If you solved the puzzle with no incorrect guesses (solved on 1st guess) then you will have a 50% chance at making the Hole-in-One.  The other 50% chance results in a fail and makes the attempt worth either 1 stroke, 2 strokes or 3 strokes.  For every incorrect guess, one of the Hole-in-One success options in the randomizer becomes a miss for 1, 2 or 3 strokes.  The Hole-in-One option is also a 1 time option PER HOLE.  So if you miss on the 1st attempt then you must play the hole normally and you simply added strokes to your score.

When playing normally the randomizer has 10 options for the results depending on what section of the course you are in as follows:

Section 1: Section 1, Section 2, Section 2, Section 3, Section 4, 5 variable options
Section 2: Section 1, Section 2, Section 3, Section 4, SCORE IN THE HOLE, 5 variable options
Section 3: Section 2, Section 3, Section 4, SCORE IN THE HOLE, SCORE IN THE HOLE, 5 variable options
Section 4: Section 3, Section 4, SCORE IN THE HOLE, SCORE IN THE HOLE, SCORE IN THE HOLE, 5 variable options

The variable options are dependent on how quickly you solve the puzzle.  If you solved the puzzle with no incorrect guesses (on the 1st choice) you get to choose what those 5 variable options are.  The only trick is that you CANNOT select SCORE IN THE HOLE as an option and you can have AT MOST 3 of the same result in a randomizer putt.  For every incorrect guess you have you get to choose 1 less option and the remaining option will be chosen by me in a way that makes the putting even.

Three of you received a penalty for disqualifying in the test.  The penalty is you will have 1 extra penalty round in this competition added to the end.  Thus, you will play 10 holes of golf instead of 9 and have the opportunity to earn more strokes.

The Solitarian who in total has the highest number of strokes when this Treatment is over will be forced to leave Solitary and press the Red Button.

This Treatment will be done LIVE (when I am online) and will mainly be done in a chatzy.  I can only host 1 person at a time so if you ask to play when I am hosting another person you will be put in a line to go next if you wish.
2605 days 5 hours ago
RShowFreak
PART 2 OF 2:

You have until THURSDAY at 3 pm est (a bit over 48 hours) to finish this Treatment.  You must AT LEAST ATTEMPT to start this Treatment before then WHILE I AM ONLINE.  If you cannot play before the deadline due to me hosting others then an extension will be considered.  If you never attempt to play while I am online you will automatically lose this Treatment. 

If everyone finishes before the deadline, we will still wait until the deadline hits before I reveal the results.

Whenever you want to play then post the following in your pod:

PRESSES GREEN BUTTON

and then mail me.

If any rules need to be clarified or you have any questions, post them in your pod and I will answer ASAP.

Good luck.
2605 days 5 hours ago
RShowFreak
The tiebreaker is I will add up the number of incorrect guesses made in the Puzzle portion (by incorrect guess or 2 minutes passing as incorrect) and the person who made the most incorrect guesses gets the worst placement.

If that is tied it goes to whoever made less Hole-In-One shots successfully gets the worst placement.

If that is tied it goes to whoever attempted less Hole-in-One shots at all gets the worst placement.
2605 days 4 hours ago
RShowFreak
Oops. The example of the puzzle must have been caught off.

An example of the Puzzle is

5 V in the A

The answer would be

5 Vowels in the Alphabet.
2604 days 20 hours ago
Jaxon
PRESSES GREEN BUTTON
2604 days 20 hours ago
RShowFreak
Go here for your Treatment

http://us20.chatzy.com/19536578442318

Enter as "Number 10"
2602 days 23 hours ago
RShowFreak
Number 10

This treatment is over.

Your official score was 41 strokes.

With that score, I can now reveal that your time in Solitary
will continue.

In the main group, I will announce the identity of the eliminated contestant.  You are free to observe but not comment.
2602 days 20 hours ago
RShowFreak
Your next Test will be available to be played TOMORROW (Friday) from the moment I log on (I will post in your pod I am available) until 11:59 pm est THAT NIGHT.

You must START by that deadline.  Once you start you will have AT MOST 1 hour to finish from the second it starts.  If you are still playing when the deadline hits, that is alright as long as you started by the deadline.

This test will remain an unknown until the moment you choose to start.  Later that night I will reveal the results.
2602 days 10 hours ago
RShowFreak
I am now available for you to start the Test.  I should be online until the deadline.  When you are ready post anywhere in your Pod:

PRESSES GREEN BUTTON

then mail me.  We can then start your Test.

open group

Solitary v2.0, Pod 10

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!