This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Ftc/jury questioning

Topic » Ftc/jury questioning

1771 days 15 hours ago
lionsden121
I'd like to ask the jury to let the f2 make their speeches by 8 if they haven't posted you can ask by then
1771 days 14 hours ago
IcyPenguin
I will take questions and then answer accordingly
1771 days 14 hours ago
lionsden121
Ok
1771 days 14 hours ago
Novamax243
Hey jury. I will start off by saying that I understand my game is far from perfect. It's not the greatest look ever to pull a Mike Holloway to reach the end but I believe I played a much better game than my opponent next to me. I will go through my entire game from start to finish so you guys can get a better idea of my gameplay.

Premerge:

At the start of the game, I was unfortunately placed on the incredibly inactive Kava tribe that had a total of two people participate in pass the torch. I quickly realized I needed to branch out my connections to the other tribes instead of my own for my safety in the future. I was in contact with Jeremy, Gavin, Harry, and Sagar before the first tribe swap so that I had roots in the game that I could rely on when the tribes got shaken up. I managed to reach the first swap after Cam and I carried the other two immunities after the first.

The first swap ended up being quite favorable for me since I swapped with Cam and Bobby, two other original Kava members, onto Macuata. However, it was around this time that I learnt of a rumor spreading around that Harry, Bobby, and I were a premade together. This originated from the user Hannah_Parks being incredibly bitter about another group game he lost to me recently so he was telling people those lies to assumably get Harry and I targeted. When we lost the final immunity challenge for that swap, I took the opportunity to salvage my credibility by being part of the plan to nix Bobby myself when I easily could have taken out an easier vote of Penguin or Nick. It was also on Macuata where I found the idol which literally saved my game at the final 5. Gavin and I exchanged the clues to the idols for our original tribe which allowed me to get a head start on guessing for it (Katie Hanson thank you queen). After that we reached the third swap.

Let me just say, the third swap produced both the dream tribe but also a nightmare one to be on. On Macuata 3.0 there was Gavin, Harry, Sagar, and myself. All people that I had made a connection with at this point so while I do believe I would have been safe if we had lost, it still would have been horrible for my game regardless of who left. Thankfully though, my tribe won that immunity challenge in a landslide and I then was able to skate to the merge without a single vote to my name, but my how that would change when the merge hit.

Merge:

I don't think I need to remind everyone of how capricious this merge tribe could be at times. I think the fact that this final 2 is Penguin and I is a testament to how unpredictable everything was. The first vote was kind of a chaotic start to the merge for me. I was one of the people who had the knowledge of who the two real targets were, being Gavin and RJ. I honestly believed that I had the power to decide the outcome of that vote and I thought Gavin would have been a better asset toward my game over RJ, so it kind of came as a slap to the face when that vote was decided due to Gavin self-voting and relegated me to the minority.

The next vote my name started to come up as a target and from this tribal onward I either received a vote or won immunity. This tribal I wanted to target Kevin since he was starting to become a ringleader of practically everyone I wasn't aligned with. However, I also realized that Jeremy's vote would have been imperative for the plan to work and Jeremy wanted to vote Nick. With me being vulnerable this tribal I decided it would be smarter to play it safe this vote and go with the Nick plan. Nick was someone I could have worked with in the game but he was a needed sacrifice to push myself forward in the game.

The third vote was interesting to say the least with the usage of both an extra vote and a steal a vote. While my target of Kevin did go home, the aftermath of this vote lead to a lot of distrust among my side since it became evident that either Jeremy or Sagar lied about their vote. This lead to the formation of a core alliance of Harry, Patrick, and I since we were the three that we knew that each other could trust. However, this alliance did quickly backfire the next vote.

At this point, there was not a lot of trust between my alliance and Sagar. Patrick had confirmed that Sagar had found the merge idol so voting him outright would have been too risky. I suggested a 3-2-2-1 split which was probably a bit crazy, and admittedly it was so understandably Patrick and Harry weren't jumping on board with that plan so we ended up throwing our votes on to Penguin and hoped that Sagar and Jeremy would vote with us. Evidently, that failed horrendously and Harry was sent home 5-3, though on the upside that vote did flush Sagar's idol. However since Patrick had told Sagar about his idol as well Sagar managed to get him to flush his as well.

The final 7 was... probably bullshit luck on Patrick and I's part. Patrick should have been entirely fucked this vote after I won immunity since there was no way I was going to use my idol to save him. Jeremy has proven to be too unreliable of a number at this point so I already got into the mindset that I needed to win out my way to the end and wanted to keep my idol as insurance. My alliance agreed upon Cam as a target and Patrick wanted to try and get Sagar on board with the plan but I knew that idea was hopeless. Cam and I were allied throughout the beginning of the game but became estranged during the merge so while he wasn't my optimal target, I would of rather had him leave over Patrick. That vote kind of shocked me since Cam self voted. I honestly thought Patrick was leaving 5-2 since I didn't even trust Jeremy to follow through with the plan but I guess call this karmic retribution for Gavin's self vote at the start of the merge. Suddenly there was light to be seen on the horizon, I thought maybe there was a chance to reclaim the majority.

The final 6 vote centered on the decision to play an idol or not. Patrick had found the rehidden merge idol and he faced the dilemma of whether to use it or not. Both Sagar and Patrick were trying to trick each other into creating a 3-2-1 vote and I realized both sides of that were seeing through each other's bullshit. I didn't want to be forceful about telling Patrick to use his idol, but I still tried to convince him that he needed to use it this tribal. The vote was going to tie and I was sure as hell that Jeremy wasn't going to rocks for Patrick. Plus Patrick had made the questionable decision of letting Jeremy in on the secret that he found the idol which just gave Jeremy more incentive to flip if the vote tied since I think Jeremy suspected that I had the Macuata idol which would have left both Patrick and I immune at the final 5. So Patrick ends up playing his idol and supposedly Patrick, Jeremy, and I had reached the coveted majority, but I think it was apparent to all three of us that we weren't a tight knit trio.

Final 5 was the first time in a while that I wasn't "immune" and I decided to play into that by keeping my idol hidden to everyone, including Patrick, until I played it for myself. I knew if Jeremy flipped he would likely want me gone over Patrick due to my dominance in immunity challenges so I honestly was expecting there to be 3 votes on me. I really hate myself for how this vote turned out because I suspected Jeremy to have the other missing idol at this point, but I didn't take that suspicion into account and so Jeremy was entirely filled in on the true plan when he shouldn't have been. So he took advantage of the situation to send Patrick home, leaving me on my own. Admittedly, it was kind of bittersweet seeing Patrick leave since on one hand he was probably my largest competition threat and I don't think I could have beat him in the end. On the other hand he was literally the only loyal ally I had left. I had barely spoken to RJ or Penguin at this point and Jeremy pretty much outright said he wanted me gone when he explained to Patrick why he flipped. I knew my only chance was winning these next two immunities, which I did.

Final 4 vote less shocked me than made me disappointed. I was straight up to both RJ and Penguin and told them why voting Jeremy was imperative to their games. I told RJ that he is most likely getting voted by Jeremy and he needed to vote him to protect himself, which he did. I told Penguin that in order to win, you need to sit against RJ in the end to have a chance and if you're against me or Jeremy, chances are you will lose. Since I was immune I told Penguin that unless you voted Jeremy you are practically throwing your game away. But lo and behold, Penguin voted with Jeremy to tie the vote which sent RJ home.

Final 3 was simple after I won. I had the choice between someone who has played a great game playing the middle throughout the season, and someone else who threw away their game to help the former person win. While Jeremy and I are friends, number 1 on our friendslist, we had both deceived each other throughout the season, so I hope there's no love lost between us for this Jeremy. I know you would have done the same against me if you won.

So there's a basic summary of my game. If you want me to go into detail about anything in particular let me know, I will be glad to answer any of your questions you guys might have. Anyway, thanks for hosting this season Tim! And good luck Penguin!
1771 days 13 hours ago
IcyPenguin
Since max did a brief summary on his grades I’ll do the same thing so the jury can have comparison it just may take a little bit of time to write because I’m on a phone lmao sry
1771 days 13 hours ago
IcyPenguin
*sense
1771 days 13 hours ago
Pokepat
i know who im voting for kthxbye
1771 days 12 hours ago
wuau
To be honest, I am gonna vote basic on logic, not voting on emotion. Gonna wait till Penguin post his final speech
1771 days 12 hours ago
IcyPenguin
Before I start the brief rundown on my game I would just like to start by saying my strategy throughout the game was to be the one behind the scenes making the moves because I knew the people who publicly made the moves would be targets which proved evident for example Patrick, jeremy, Kevin, Sagar, etc. This strategy helped me move forward in the game and now that I was able to get to the end with this strategy I can reveal my moves and thoughts throughout the game.

Premerge

I was very lucky being put on Labasa for my first tribe. We won the first two immunity’s so I was able to use this time in order to make connections with my fellow tribe mates. My first ever relationship was between Sagar and I. We both saw similar ground (we could get far in this game together). I also talked to Billy and we formed a tight bond from the start and he quickly became the person I trusted the most in this game. I also connected with Harry. 

When we lost the third immunity challenge I knew my connections would easily get me through my first tribal council. I told everyone we needed to vote out Barbie to keep our tribe strong, and I even threw her under the bus when I answered my questions during tribal. This ensured that she went home and made for an easy first tribal. This also solidified my connections I had made.

At the first swap I thought I was completely screwed. Cam, max, and Bobby had been on the original Kava which left nick and I in the minority. I knew I would have to create new bonds fast if I wanted to stay in the game. I reached out to both nick and cam and they became great allies. We really connected and I trusted them. I was also able to form a bond with Kevin when I was sent to the island of fire, which proved helpful and I’ll tell you about that in a second.

When we lost the 6th immunity challenge I was confident neither nick or I would be going home because of the relationship I had formed with cam. Nick, cam, and I had a choice to vote out either Bobby or max. We weren’t exactly sure when the next swap would be so we decided on Bobby so our tribe could stay strong.  We then told max about the vote so we could act like one united tribe and not have any suspicion on our alliance. The worst thing that happened to me during this point in the game was Billy getting voted out. Not only was he my number one ally, but it also meant that Cole had flipped and didn’t stay Labasa strong.

The second tribe swap appeared easy to me because I didn’t attend tribal, but I was still able to control a vote and make my biggest move of the premerge. First, I knew I was ok if we lost the challenge because nick and I were solid, and if we went to tribal I knew both Patrick and rj would flip to ensure their safety.

When Labasa lost the challenge I knew I had to make a move in order to set myself up for success for the merge. I had formed alliances with both cam and Kevin so I didn’t want either of them to go. I messaged the two of them to work together and try to get out Cole. They talked to Jeremy and voted Cole out. I was able to get out Cole who had flipped on our Labasa alliance, and create and foundation for our dominating alliance for the merge. I killed two birds with one stone.

Merge

The first voted of the merge was very lucky for my alliance. The tribe was definitely one alliance versus the other and when gray was voted out because he self voted, it was a big relief because we had obtained majority and a solid alliance. 

The second vote was very hard for me. My alliance wanted nick out. He was a great ally of mine and we had been friends. I wanted to fight for him but my alliance was rock solid on this vote and if I wanted to flip it, it would take so much convincing that it would of annoyed my alliance. This vote was regretful but it helped to further my game and I am truly sorry you had to go nick. 

The third vote was when the alliances became more fluid. Kevin had been voted out because he was rubbing people in our alliance the wrong way. At first I thought I was screwed but I soon realized I wasn’t because of the advantages that were played and cam voted max so we still had majority.

The next vote really cleared up the game as far as present alliances, advantages, etc. When max won immunity I knew we would have to be careful on who we voted because our alliance knew that Patrick had an idol. Jeremy informed me he was in an “alliance” with max, Patrick, and Harry which gave me a huge advantage because I was getting extra information. With this information I knew that I was getting votes and Patrick had an idol and was most likely playing it on himself. I then decided we should act like we were voting Patrick but actually vote harry. I also knew sagar had an idol and convinced him to use it on me because we hadn’t talked in a while and kinda lost trust. When we went to tribal everything went exactly how I predicted and it really just showed me that I could trust sagar.

The next vote was just straight up unfortunate. Our alliance had a straight forward plan to get out Patrick because we knew if max had an idol he wouldn’t play it on Patrick. At tribal cam self voted and was sent home this ultimately gave Patrick and max the glimmer of hope they needed.

The next vote was also unfortunate because if sagar and Jeremy listened to me this wouldn’t have happened. I told them Patrick probably had an idol but they didn’t think he did. I came up with the plan to do a 2-2-2 vote because I had rj wrapped around my finger. This way when an idol was played there would be a tie between rj and whoever max and Patrick would vote. This way in the revote, Rj would go home. In the end Jeremy flipped and voted out sagar but then told me his reasoning (that he would beat anyone in the end) I personally don’t believe it was the smartest move but I had to agree with him in order to move on.

The next vote was very reassuring. We knew that max would be playing his idol because he would be paranoid that he wasn’t immune for once. We were also informed I was going to get max and pats votes because Jeremy continued to be “aligned” with them. Jeremy informed me he had an idol and I told him to use it on me because it was the last time you could use it. Once again I had rj wrapped around my finger so I told him to vote for max. I then told Jeremy that one of us should vote max and one of us should vote Patrick. This way if max was stupid and didn’t play his idol he would go home. I also wanted to put a vote on Patrick because if we all voted max, there would end up being no votes on anyone at all. At tribal my plan worked as Patrick went home with one vote.

The next vote was fairly simple because I knew what I had to do to get to the final two. If I had went with max and rj and voted Jeremy I knew for a fact max would vote me out if he won immunity and I wasn’t going to have that happen. I also knew in a final three with max and Jeremy that whoever won immunity would take me. So, I voted Rj and he forfeited the fire making challenge.

In the final three I knew I would be brought to the final two whoever won immunity so I decided to throw the challenge. I didn’t want to have to vote someone out and make them mad at me if I didn’t have to, so I would make either Jeremy or max do that. When max won I knew he would take me because of my strategy. He thinks I just got to the end by doing nothing and being lucky, but he doesn’t know how I actually worked behind scenes and formed great bonds which got me through votes.

That brings me to right now. The final two. This has just been such a fun group game and I would like to thank you all for helping it be so fun.

If you have any questions for me I would be glad to answer them.

Good luck max!
1771 days 12 hours ago
obscurity
good luck
1771 days 11 hours ago
IcyPenguin
thanks!
1771 days 9 hours ago
snick427
I'm going to ask questions. They will be the same as famously bad jury speeches in Survivor history.

Max: I wanna know how many zeroes there are in 1,000,000?

Penguin: You have labeled yourself as a flirt. You're probably the most masterful person in the history of Survivor to play the flirt card, which is great. My question to you is: How does that resonate for you in the bedroom? How do you take that to the next level as far as strategy in the game, how does that translate your layers of the game?

Good luck to the both of you, and apply for my first Survivor season!

https://tengaged.com/group/9012-snicks-survivor-serengeti
1771 days 9 hours ago
IcyPenguin
lmao love your question and I just applied for your game!

Penguin: You have labeled yourself as a flirt. You're probably the most masterful person in the history of Survivor to play the flirt card, which is great. My question to you is: How does that resonate for you in the bedroom? How do you take that to the next level as far as strategy in the game, how does that translate your layers of the game?

Flirtatiousness is similar to the act of persuasion. I strongly believe I was able to use my power of persuasion whether that be flirting, giving compliments, etc to help further my game. I was able to get others to do my dirty work. This in result got what I wanted done and it painted a target on their back instead of mine acting as a shield as the game went on
1771 days 9 hours ago
Ityaboinez12
FOR BOTH what was your biggest move in the game and why was so big

for sea me and you were in an alliance tell me what u would do i was not in the game

for max u were an beast i want to know to tell me why i should give u my vote with out saying anything about challenges
1771 days 9 hours ago
wuau
I will post my question after i finished my work 11 hours later.
1771 days 8 hours ago
IcyPenguin
Who is sea lmao rj

open group

L and J's Survivor All-Stars

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!