This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [Tasmania]

Topic » Final Tribal Council..

2137 days 4 hours ago
OldNewz
Welcome Austin and Dylan to the Final Tribal Council. The power now shifts to the jury who will vote for the Sole Survivor of Survivor: Tasmania.

Please welcome our members of the jury - Caiden, Christian, Louis, Cole, Mich, Joey, and Matty, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Austin and Dylan, you may each make an opening statement. The jury members can either make comments or ask questions, there is no limit to the amount they do or don't say. Once you have decided who to vote for please mail both Mike and I your vote.

Jury, your votes are due Monday (6/18/18) at 7pm EST.
2137 days 3 hours ago
DBWs
Get ready for a gamebotty ASS FTC. I apologize in advance.

When the game started, I quickly attempted to make relationships with people. Joey and I were close from the get go, and I really wanted to go as far as possible with him. I got to talk with Mich, Cole, Matty, Christian, and Darcy a lot at the beginning, and attempted to build my game around that mold.

Early on, the game was pretty much a game of taking out inactives, and not much came until the two tribes remerged tbh. I spend that time getting to know people, because I really wanted to go far with the people I liked. At the merge, Caiden/Bryan were seen as the inactives, and I went along with that. At final 8 was when the game really started for me. I had formed something with Joey already, but was now talking to Austin and there was this 'group' of Austin/Joey/Matty myself, we weren't official but we basically had some control. I was still talking with Mich, Christian, and Cole though, and Cole was talking with Louis. This way I was able to be in with really everyone in one way of another, although I never really made solid deals with anyone. The closest was Joey and myself, but everything was fairly passive.

At final 8, Cole and I devised a plan to possibly have two idols taken out, Mich and Matty's. We wanted Mich to play the idol, take out Matty, and by doing so take out 2. I was really hoping for both to get played, as I made sure to talk to Mich and Matty about it individually. However, it all blew up, and Mich understandably didn't want to play the idol on Christian, so Christian went home.

The final 7 vote was even more crazy, as the target was on Mich by Austin/Joey. They didn't trust Matty because there was speculation of a Matty/Mich alliance, which I pushed because it hid me from the final 8 chaos, and the blame was also on Cole a lot for it, so I was able to get off scott free. Mich played the idol, and voted for Austin, Austin/Joey/Myself voted Mich, Cole voted Matty, and Matty voted Louis, I was hoping Louis would vote either Matty or Mich, as the plan was to get as many idols out as possible, but alas, Louis self voted.

The final 6-4 were all hard votes, but Cole had already gained so much hatred from the cast it was hard to really save him. I knew he was probably going to go no matter what. At final 5, I was willing to make a move against Austin. However, Matty didn't get on and I was worried there was possibly a move against me at the time, and I ended up having to go with the Mich vote, which was a hard vote and I didn't vote until minutes before tribal because I was hoping Matty would get online so we could discuss a plan. I thought he would vote Mich anyway, and my cover would be blown, and I felt like that was my only option. Final 4 was even harder, as Austin brought up taking out Joey. I always thought about it, but I really like Joey and actually changed my mind about 100 times, just as Austin. It was hard to pull the trigger, but with my two other closest allies in Cole and Mich gone, I felt like at this point I had to play to win, and had to take the shot. When Austin then told me that Joey thought about tying the vote between Matty and I, that really sealed the deal and made me confident in my decision. Then I won final immunity to take Austin, who had been an ally for a while, Matty and I worked together but Austin and I did sooner, and I felt like I knew where Austin was the entire game where i didn't know where Matty was.

Overall, I felt like I played the best social game as I was able to avoid my name being written down once, and was constantly the one with the most information. I know this might cause some bitterness, but I accept it because I ended up playing a cutthroat game when I really didn't intend to, I just had no other option with the amount of relationships I had.

I'm also having a game night tonight so I may be slow to answer any Q's, or may answer them in a v drunk state but that's just on brand for me.
2137 days 3 hours ago
DBWs
I mean a very sober state that seems like I'm drunk since I can't drink legally!
2137 days 3 hours ago
AustinRules6969
will post a statement tonight! stay tuned gals
2137 days ago
AustinRules6969
SORRY THIS IS LATE!!! typing it out now. had to go see my boyfriend
2137 days ago
AustinRules6969
Coming into this game, I knew exactly the kinda game I would have to play. I’m a complete foreigner to the group game community and I didn’t know exactly the game that would be respected or the game that needed to be played, so I decided to play the game that I knew how. I needed to be under-the-radar and play the quietest and smarted game that I could while being as calculated and incredibly thought out throughout.

At the beginning, when we started at the merge it was simultaneously the best and worst thing that could happen to me. On the upside, I had the opportunity to blend into the background and wouldn’t be able to compete in as many challenges as everyone else due to my work schedule and hectic life. On the downside, there was an incredible emphasis on being social and personable, skills that I can’t translate very well into this type of game. Luckily, I learned to play up the upside and made sure that I made connections with people who would benefit me in the long wrong, specifically Joey and Darcy. This helped me ride throughout the first phase of the game without any target on my back and a clear path ahead of me. When we went back into the tribal stage, I knew this would be a little more difficult because not only did I not have Joey to depend on for social connections and now had to be more of a “team player”. Luckily, I continued to emphasize my connection with Darcy and built a bond with Mich that helped carry me through this phase. Here, I made my only mistake throughout this game by listening to Mich and blindsiding Darcy because I had heard I was being targeted. While this was a mistake, I did make the move and I made it with strength and precision that was signature of my strategic thought process.

Going back into the final merge, I knew the game in front of me would be rough. With idols being given out at every challenge and me not being able to compete, I was at a disadvantage and had to really work on my social game. I needed to make sure that Joey and Dylan were comfortable enough with me to use and potentially waste idols on me as a way to guarantee I would continue being in this game. Throughout this part of the game, every person I wanted to target (Christian, Louis, Mich) for strategic reasons went home vote after vote after vote. Mich continuously targeted me but never was able to build momentum behind it due to my social game. It was at this point that I needed to expand that and made a connection with Matty building into these last few tribal councils. At the all immune tribal, I was the only one that didn’t have an idol but still managed to be safe, even though it would’ve been a strong move to use that moment to take me out and get rid of me as a boot. I made Joey feel 150% secure in my loyalty and helped him take out the targets we shared and took out the only person that ever casted a vote against me.

At the final 4, I knew that I needed to take out Joey because he had easily played the most well-rounded game. Everyone was his friend and respected him and he won challenge after challenge after challenge. However, I knew that I couldn’t do this if I was at risk so I needed this immunity win. When I won the challenge, I knew what my move had to be. My goal was to make sure that Joey went home or, at the very least, was a possibility. I went to Dylan and asked if he wanted to blindside Joey because we both knew Joey would beat us in the end. Dylan was very on-the-edge about it and went back and forth for the entire ten minutes, but I needed Matty to know that we were on the same page and I wanted to keep him safe during this vote. Joey came to me with a plan to tie it 2-2 between Matty and Dylan which I was okay with because we would’ve went to rocks after the revote and Joey would have had a 1-in-3 shot at going home, BUT I wanted more than a 1-in-3 shot. I wanted a 1-in-1 shot and the only way to do that was to persuade Dylan, so I gave him time to contemplate and just pray to God that he saw my side. Ultimately, I won him over and made the move that I consider to be the strongest move made throughout this season. This was followed by the final 3 when my loyalty to Dylan proved strong and he came through for me by bringing me to the final tribal council and sending Matty home for 3rd. If we’re going to Hell, at least one of us will have a million dollars!

Overall, I think my game was incredibly well-rounded while remaining subtle and simply stated. No one other than Mich ever tried to come for me and I continuously made sure that I was someone that people respected and wanted to move forward with in this game. I went to every single tribal council throughout this game and voted with the majority every single time. I put heart and soul into this game while constantly making sure that people thought my game was a lot simpler than it was. I appreciate any vote on this jury and would love to clarify anything more!

Good luck Dylan!
2136 days 15 hours ago
Christian37
Im asking the same question for both of you. You both voted for me the fateful night i went home. Im not bitter or angry even though you did it. My question is why was it of such strartegic importance to vote me off, considering that in the challene i was voted who was playing for second.
2136 days 15 hours ago
AustinRules6969
For me, it was strategic for two reasons. First, I didn’t at all know where your head was at and didn’t feel like I was able to just build that connection at this point. Second, your game seemed like it was lining up very strongly with Mich (seeing as you were supposed to be the vote when Darcy went home) and I didn’t trust Mich’a game (rightfully so as he proceeded to vote me 26495$3 times
2136 days 14 hours ago
MichelleFitzgerald
Ok, firstly congratulations to both guys, i think you deserve it and i hope the best of you win this game. I have read everything and now, i got some question and comments to make.

Dylan:
-Starting from the base you used me in f7 to take Matty out, and that's for why you tell me the whole thing about the move against me. I remember at this moment i told you that if you want to vote for me, you can do it, and you said no, and make me think you are voting with me, why? I mean, I gave you the opportunity to be honest, and you did not take it.

Austin:
I want to make clear that my target was always Joey and his "nucleus" and I was always looking to weaken him, I know you are close to him but I never saw you like a threath, but I can vote out Joey because he uses everyday an idol and I cannot vote him, that's for why I want to vote you. With that said:
-You said your only mistake is to trust me, I dont have a gun to shoot you for taking a move or something like that, and you said you are closed to Darcy, so why you didnt tell Darcy im targeting him and evict me? I mean, you have this possibility and didnt take it, why?
-You said your social game is to work hard with Dylan and Joey, you are so focus on them, i like that, but Dylan said in the f5 if Matty would have been online, he is voting for you, what do you think about that? Because that means your social game isnt that strong.

That's all for the moment, when you answer me or my jury mates, if i have more question, ill do it. Thank you very much :)
2136 days 14 hours ago
AustinRules6969
You said your only mistake is to trust me, I dont have a gun to shoot you for taking a move or something like that, and you said you are closed to Darcy, so why you didnt tell Darcy im targeting him and evict me? I mean, you have this possibility and didnt take it, why?

-It definitely sounded legitimate to me at the time and Darcy didn't come online between me deciding I was going to change my vote and the vote itself. I probably would've talked to Darcy and cleared the air if the situation had been different but I was committed to this blindside because of that and partially because I was bored.

You said your social game is to work hard with Dylan and Joey, you are so focus on them, i like that, but Dylan said in the f5 if Matty would have been online, he is voting for you, what do you think about that? Because that means your social game isnt that strong.

-I think that would have been a really weak move on his part because that leaves him with Joey to bring to the finals, who he and I both believe would've completely destroyed anyone in a final vote. No offense to Dylan at all because I 100% respect his game and how he played it, but to me it seems like a lapse in judgement. Obviously I can't guarantee how the rest of the game would've played out but that may have been the end of Dylan's shot to win.
2136 days 13 hours ago
TheEclipse
hi i was going to say something scalding but didn't feel like it

dylan- did a single one of your own strategic plans and not something austin or myself wanted to do (not counting final 3 immunity) succeed in any way shape or form

austin - had we not been friends prior to the game do you think you'd be sitting here today

thanks bye
2136 days 13 hours ago
AustinRules6969
austin - had we not been friends prior to the game do you think you'd be sitting here today

Probably not. Having a connection to you before the game is 100% what I banked on to develop my social game. I owe a lot of my game to you
2136 days 12 hours ago
OATTY3
Austin: From what I saw in the game you seemed to have been carried right behind your number one alliance member in this game which was Joey.  You had told me that you really didn’t talk to many people on the jury and we didn’t really start talking until way later in the game which might be a huge lack in your social game. At final 5, you were the only one who did not have an idol of your own to secure your safety, you had to again rely on Joey to save you with his Burnie Camp hidden immunity idol. I can’t really see what you did at all in this game, positive or negative, I felt like you were just there. I didn’t see you really play until today so other than winning the Final 4 immunity and voting out the biggest threat to win Joey, what did you do prior to tonight that rewards you the title of Sole Survivor?
2136 days 12 hours ago
OATTY3
Dylan: In my opinion, you sort of hid behind your 2 idols and just coasted for a long part of this game. IDK what strategic moves you tried to make other than the ones Cole, Austin, or Joey  told you to make. At the Final 4, I think had it not been for Austin telling you to vote for Joey, you would have coasted again to vote me out 4th, again just doing what the other 2 told you to do. I think you also made a dumb strategic move bringing Austin here over me and you said yourself that was a personal choice. I’m struggling to find a reason to vote for you to win because you rested on your 2 idols instead of competing in competitions until the Final 5 and I don’t really see any move that you made that (1) was your idea or (2) was a smart strategic move to build your resume. Please tell me why I’m wrong, prove to me what you did in the game because it’s very unclear, and explain to me why you deserve to win over Austin.
2136 days 11 hours ago
Christian37
I have a second question for both of you.
If you could change who you are in the finale with who would it be and why?
2136 days 11 hours ago
Coyle14
I already sent in my vote because in my opinion this is an easy vote for me. I played with Dylan the entire game and I got to see the inner workings of his game. Austin, you and I never once talked in the game. You never tried to reach out to me and nor did I. You got here based on the fact that everyone knew they could either beat you or take you out later for not being any sort of threat to their game.

I do have a question for both of you though

Dylan - Would you have actually used your idol on me the round that I got voted out?

Austin - Pick two people from the jury that you believe should be in the final two?

open group

M&N's Survivor (2016-2020)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!