This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [San Marino]

Topic » Final Tribal Council [San..

2077 days 19 hours ago
OldNewz
Welcome Christian and JB to the Final Tribal Council. The power now shifts to the jury who will vote for the Sole Survivor of Survivor: San Marino - Battle of the Bloodlines.

Please welcome our members of the jury - Aaron, Patrick, Logan, Will T., Jake, Noah, Mud, James, Will I., K.C, and Tashi, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Christian and JB, you may each make an opening statement. The jury members can either make comments or ask questions, there is no limit to the amount they do or don't say. Once you have decided who to vote for please mail both Mike and I your vote.

Jury, your votes are due Sunday (6/22/18) at 7pm EST.
2077 days 19 hours ago
Christian_
i promise @ jury my speech is almost done i just like to write a lot it'll be up v shortly =[
2077 days 18 hours ago
Christian_
IM ALMOST DONE I SWAER PLS WAIT JUST A BIT MORE
2077 days 18 hours ago
Christian_
Hey y'all, I'm going to TRY my best to keep this as short as possible, but I am
a) An English major
b) Ranty

so this will probably be much more than you want to read, but I'll try to include TL;DRs to skim through the worst of it.

*Section One: Christian and M&N- A Love Story Gone Dreadfully Wrong*

As one of the returning players this season, I want to give y'all some insight into how I approached this game based off my prior experiences in this series. My first season was S3: Hong Kong after my dear friend Newz asked me to apply. I was fortunate enough to play with one of my closer friends on the site, and together, despite being in the minority since the merge, we managed to get to the FTC. I thought I had played my heart out. I found idols, I won challenges, I did all the stereotypical #BIGMOVES you're supposed to do. Yet I still lost by a single jury vote. Don't get me wrong, I love Guigi to death and she totally deserved that win. But that game taught me that you can do everything right, defy all the odds, and still lose. It was a lesson I needed to learn, and one I tried to take with me as when I came back for All Stars.

HOWEVER, that trainwreck quickly hit me when at the merge, I was so anxious to be part of the majority and repeat my mistakes from last tribal, I ended up just making myself a huge target instead. I was promptly blindsided 8-4-1 (I was the one) with both a legacy advantage and an idol in my pocket, and despite making merge, was not a part of the jury.

I was completely humiliated to be quite honest. Seeing how embarrassing my All Stars exit was, I never wanted to return to this series ever again. I was a flop of a runner-up, an embarrassment of a merge boot, and I felt this series was cursed for me.

But then JB asked both Ben (bigben1996) and myself if we'd be interested in playing as part of his Bloodlines. Despite my initial hesitations, Ben told me to take the spot. Although I feared an exit similar to All Stars, I told myself, honestly how much worse could I do? I gave myself three goals upon coming in

1) Make the jury- Since two seasons of me not being a jury member, I wanted the feeling of being a part of the winner's story tbh
2) Have fun- All Stars and Hong Kong both shared that I was stressed the entire time I was playing. From being in the minority constantly, to the expectations of performing well in All Stars, I never got to just enjoy the game for the game. Since this was my first Survivor in over a year, I wanted to remind myself of what initially caught my love of the game. I wanted to recreate that magic and was hoping this would be the game that would do it
3) Reverse my personal curses- As cheesy as it sounded, I didn't want to come in this game just to experience the same results. I felt 13th was an easy enough placement to avoid, and 2nd was a little out of the question, so I felt I could at least get one of them down and leave this game accomplished.

And now here, I sit, having reversed that first curse, and now hopefully having a chance to reverse my second.

TL;DR: Embarrassing prior experiences cause Christian Underscore to seek a happier, more enjoyable game, and redeem the past

*Section Two: Bloodlines Pre-Merge*

I'm not going to lie, as one of the five players who didn't attend tribal pre-merge, my game wasn't as exciting or thrilling as JB's was most likely. I largely spent my time talking to my tribe, winning the challenges, and finding idols. I first found my tribe's idol and pocketed, glad to have that on my side, despite trusting my tribe. I then found the Mud's Marauders one, and passed it off to James, hoping that since he was in my pact it could protect him. Then post-swap I found the Dogana one and kept that in my pocket. I also found the Will's Warrior one but #thought it was too late, little did I know Will had actually found it before I sent him the link.

JB then asked for an idol, after James' blindside with the idol, he didn't feel secure. Although I knew it would probably paint a target on my back, it was a risk I was willing to take to ensure my team stuck together as long as we could.

While King Jxhn was taken out, the rest of my Juggernauts were fortunately able to arrive intact come merge.

TL;DR: Challenge wins, idol finds, and a cross-tribe idol swap
2077 days 18 hours ago
Christian_
*Section Three: The Fall of the Paladins*

Aaron's Boot- We had arrived at ze merge! And thus, the dreaded 13th. Trying to avoid the mistakes I had made the prior time, I kept my head low, and stuck only to those I knew had my back aka Will, KC, and the rest of the Juggernauts. I heard the vote was between KC/Aaron, and firmly insisted along with Jake that we do Aaron due to my relationship with KC. That ended up happening, and the first Paladin was finally voted out.

Patrick's Boot- My immunity win so a surge of popularity as the other side began to approach me. This is where I felt the strategic and social part of this game finally start for me. For this part, every team was trying to play the others off of each other, and I felt the game of trying to trick someone into voting the wrong way was the wrong approach since pretty much everyone was doing it. I chose to instead, stick to the truth and only commit to the plan I was fully intending on carrying out. This began with this vote, and it impacted so much of my game-play that I felt it was important to note it here. I kept trying to bounce between my side and Will's side to ensure that the rumors of betraying each other would not happening (I think this is the round I screamed at the Juggernauts to ignore the other side eek) and Patrick got voted out 8-4.

Logan's Boot- I feel Logan's boot was the round where I fully separated my game from JB. While still intending to be 100% loyal, I knew that if I wanted to win this game, I needed to be more than just one of his teammates. I needed to go out, and make sure that moves that would benefit my game were happening. Shortly after the merge, Will and I confided in each other about our idols. Knowing that I would prefer the idol gone before the end game, I chose to leak the JJ/MM/PP plan to target James, so Will could use his idol on James instead to reflect out one of the MM/PP players, as I struggled to trust them. While I did push for Mud, I settled on Logan with the others and still voted for James so the leaker aka me stayed anonymous. Logan went out 3-0, and upon explanation, garnered me a new ally in James who now had 100% reason that I was going to stick by him.

Will' Ts Boot-  I honestly don't know if this would have worked as well without the prior round. I rebounded between JJ and WW to keep the trust going, and we managed to work together yet again to knock out another number. With only Tashi/Mud left, I felt that there was now a sizable chance I could make it far in this game, as I had earned the trust of WW's.

TL;DR: A budding Christian begins to emerge, slowly, yet steadily

*Section Four: Jugger-NOTS*

Jake's Boot- Despite my best efforts however at icing out the other side, chaos still erupted as my fellow JJ's kept lying to Mud/Tashi that we would work with them, which promptly went right back to Will's side. I tried to keep the alliance together, but ultimately there had just been too much mistrust created between what my allies were saying to each side, and Jake went home =[

Noah's Boot- After JB got Noah to exile him, a move I literally went crazy over because of how awful it put Noah/I in, I knew I couldn't do much about this. Will and KC both told me that they were all voting Noah, and my vote block meant Tashi/Mud couldn't vote me, so I planned on using my idol to just send Mud home, however when Will/KC told me about the Round Reversal, I decided that even if I did, Tashi would just bring Mud back (I had thought the Round Reversal was being used no matter what tbh but I was got =[)

Mud's Boot- Honestly, this round was probably my biggest YIKES looking back. Even though the signs were all there, I thought for sure we were finally realiging to take out Tashi, someone who I considered my biggest threat along with Mud. However, I was instead used as a part of a split vote plan that worked very well! I honestly can claim nothing this round was my doing and is definitely ranked up there for my most embarrassing moments this season.

TL;DR: A collapse of my team, and messy messy game play on my part*
2077 days 18 hours ago
Christian_
*Section Five: End Game*

James's Boot- Me, Tashi (icon we were finally on the same page!) agreed that Will was the biggest threat left and judging by the challenge, everyone agreed he was definitely winning if he made it to the end, so the plan was for JB to give me his necklace, he play his advantage, and us 3 vote Will. However, 20 minutes before tribal, KC told me that Will had an idol and was playing it for himself. Officially FREAKING out, I told JB/Tashi and we flipped our votes to James, sending him out because as much as I love him, idoling out KC after telling me that would be literally sadistic and yeah nty.

Will's Boot- The end of a legend. I still had my two idols (JJ and the rehidden merge one which I had found the night prior) so I knew I could protect both Tashi/JB after I had won immunity. =[

KC's Boot- Honestly I have nothing to say but #QueenTashi. She was going home, yet she managed to create a 2-1-1 vote. As much as I was irate with JB because I felt he had literally cost us our chance of going to the end together in favor of him being guaranteed a spot, I know KC wanted to go home so =[

Tashi's Boot- I had to be the season ruiner and take out the Fan Favorite. RIP my Joker's ranking

TL;DR: A bunch of robbed icons

*Section Six: Shoutouts*

Jxhn- Robbed premerge, I wish you could've made it longer in the game, you definitely didn't deserve to go home so early =[

Aaron- Sorry for pushing so hard for you, I just couldn't lose KC that early =[

Patrick- I was trying to be upfront with you throughout this game, and that probably came off me looking like a massive cunt and I do apologize. I just didn't want to pretend like I'd work with y'all when I knew it wasn't best for my game :/

Logan- VICTIM OF MY SHENANIGANS #rip please dont hate me

Jake- Ugh I loved being on Dogana with you, and you were truly robbed in this game. I wish I hadn't got so comfortable the round you left, and may have been able to change things.

Noah- We never like actually talked lmao but you were very nice! I know you're voting for JB and I understand lmao it gucci

Mud- ALTHO I WANTED YOU GONE SOMETIME SEVENTH WAS NOT MY IDEAL PLAN =[

James- Ty for trusting me after that round, and I really enjoyed working with you, I wish we could've gone further but I just had to make sure I had a chance at the end game

Will- Literal LEGEND yours is the boot that broke my heart the most because you know how much I love you and didn't want to do it. I'm sorry I'm a literal curse to you =[

KC- Icon. I know you didn't want to be here, but you still stuck it out. I couldn't have done so much in this game without you, and I wish you got the respect you deserved. Love you <3

Tashi- You scared the shit out of me in this game and were definitely one of, if not the best player here. You would've been a super deserving winner, and I'm sorry I had to cut you so close to the end.
2077 days 18 hours ago
Christian_
*Section Seven: Game Overall*

I wanted to play this game with fire, intensity but at the same time, I didn't want to have to resort to lying over an internet screen in order to advance. I wanted this game to be different, and I sought to play it with as much integrity as you can play a Survivor with. While it definitely led to a weaker social game, I'm proud of how I did. Everyone knew where my head was at who asked, and to play that way was not what I'm comfortable with at all, but I still persevered, and I'm proud of myself for that. 

I also wanted to pay homage to this season's theme, and being just a player and not a captain I knew would make it hard for people to truly see my game. That's why I worked so hard to keep my alliance with WW's going, and didn't put any investment into what my captain was doing with MM/PP. I wanted my game to be independent of JB's, not a shadow of his, and sitting here now, I can say without a doubt I accomplished that.

-Short List of Accomplishments-
-Found Four Idols after spending literal hours searching through frats (JJ/MM/Dogana/Rehidden Merge Idol)
-Won SIX immunities, breaking the series record by two
-Never had my name written down (I know I was like eligible 4 times but pls give it to me thx)
-Never had to rely on my idols to stay in this game, despite having them
-Made it to Day ONE HUNDRED <3
-Played as honestly as I could in Survivor. While I had to conceal the truth, I did not go out of my way to deceive, and that's probably the thing I'm proud of most.

And because I know y'all want to, here's what I did WRONG this game

-Got way too comfortable in the Jake/Mud/KC tribals
-Was cold and not very sociable with the MM/PP
-Relied on immunity to get to the end
-Played too heavily into my emotions when something went against my plan

I am so sorry to anyone who is reading this because I litearlly just looked at the word count and it's over 2,500 at this point. I just want y'all to know how badly I want this win, how much time I've put into this game, and that I wasn't just one of "JB's players" I was Christian Underscore, and goddamn it, I played like a Christian Underscore and not a Underscore JB Underscore sheep would.

You can read as much or as little of this as y'all want, I totally don't fault anyone who skims through my short novel, but I am ready to answer any and all questions y'all have about my game.

Good luck JB and may the best Juggernaut win!
2077 days 18 hours ago
Christian_
honestly my favorite part rereading that is you can clearly see my slow descent to madness as i write more and more words i stan
2077 days 18 hours ago
_JB_
First of all, I would like to thank Newz and Mike for asking me back and for allowing me to create my own tribe. It was definitely a lot of fun to play with some of my best friends.

Secondly, I’d like to thank my teammates for being a loyal group and no matter what happens, this season’s win is going to JB’s Jockstraps.

Thirdly, I would like to thank all of you on the jury who put me through hell and back this season and making it as difficult as possible to make it to the end. This was a fun season because of how much stress I was put through.

This game was called Battle of the Bloodlines because it definitely tested my abilities with relationships. At times, I really wanted to play for myself and save who I wanted to save, but there were also times where I elected to save my teammates because I needed to be loyal. However, my first goal in this game was to have all five of my teammates in the Final 5. I wasn’t necessarily successful with that, but I think 4 in the Final 9 and 2 in the Final 2 isn’t too shabby. Someone from my team is going to win this game, so I have successfully completed my first goal. The second goal is to have me win, so now it is time to focus on that.

The game started for me long before the first challenge when I had to pick my tribe. I wanted to pick Mordecai, my BvW partner, and Christian first, but both declined. Then that’s how John came into the fold. The next person I asked was Noah, because I knew I could trust him 100 percent.

Few people know this but Noah is not a multi, but my IRL brother. Our relationship goes way past group games and I knew that bringing him out of group game retirement was going to help me out majorly in this game, and it did.

Then, Christian changed his mind and said yes, and then Jake was my last minute add. Both Christian and Jake are people I have relationships with outside of group games, and I knew that I needed to have that tight-knit bond on my tribe in order to be successful. I would not be here without Christian and my team, but also Christian would not be here if it weren’t for me.

During the game, I wrestled with the idea constantly of doing what I wanted to do versus what my team wanted to do. At times, I was selfish and played for myself and at times I played for my team.

An example of a time when I played for my team was at the merge when I wanted to combine my team and Pat’s team to get KC and Team Will out. I wanted this because I wanted to be the inferior number on the majority side (like Will’s team became) and be able to make it further in the game. However, my team wanted to side with Team Will, and because Noah, Christian, and Jake all wanted to do that, I sided with them. I was going to stay loyal to my team.

That’s how Pat went too. Pat, I was not lying when I told you I wanted to keep you until Day 100. Will can confirm this. We both wanted to keep the captains in for as long as possible, but we both sided with what our teams wanted.

The Logan vote happened because my team was ready to flip but Christian was not feeling it and leaked the vote to Will’s side. Christian was almost solely responsible for Logan going home.

And this goes into the idea that Christian and I played very similar games. We both wanted to keep our core, Team JB, safe. But we also wanted to cover our own asses, so we had side alliances. Christian had Will, and I had Mud from Saipan and Tashi from the Red Pact.

When Team Will was looking to flip to Mud/Tashi/Will, my name came up, but Mud and Tashi and Will refused to write my name down, which is why they flipped back to vote out Will T. because Mud/Tashi/Will wanted Jake out. When I won immunity, Team Will had no reason not to flip and vote Jake out.

This is when I began to start playing more selfish and for myself. Outside of me asking Christian for an idol on Day 15, I had done everything for my team and little for myself. It was time to change that. At Final 8, I began to make moves that would benefit myself  regardless of who was getting hurt. I would never vote my teammates out, but I was beginning to watch my back a little more.

When the Auction occurred and Exile Island was up for bid, I read Immunity. I begged Christian to send me and he refused, so then I asked Noah to do it, and he did. I felt that I could have easily  been a target at F8, so I got my teammate and brother to send me to Exile. Thanks Noah.

After I came back, I knew I was a round away from the Legacy Advantage, and Tashi and I had gotten into an argument, so I felt OK voting her and letting Team Will become half of the tribe because I knew I would be able to secure the numbers back at F6 with my immunity and Christian’s idol, so I voted Tashi, but Team Will opted to vote out Mud, my best ally outside of my team for the entire game.

After that, Christian and I won immunity straight to Final 2. The one move I did pull was voting KC out at 4 instead of Tashi, knowing it would upset Christian, but I did it because I guaranteed myself a spot at Final 2. I knew Tashi wanted Christian out and I knew Christian wanted Tashi out, so it laid the way for me to go without having to win immunity.

I think I played this game very well. I picked my tribe that allowed me to have a solid foundation. I then created allies and relationships outside of my core to keep me safe and then I made moves to ensure that I would be here with a shot at winning this game.

I know this is hard for you guys picking between me and Christian. The one thing I would say that set our games apart is that Christian played the hardest game, finding seven idols and winning seven immunities. He was always safe. I may not have played the loudest game, but I played the more meticulous game. I made moves very carefully, knowing all of the scenarios that would stem from them and move forward. And although maybe I didn’t play a perfect game, I am sitting here at the end, so I think I played a pretty good game worthy of your vote.

Good luck Christian.
2077 days 18 hours ago
J2999
First off, grats to you both on making the end!

JB:
During the game and reading over your speech, despite being the team leader, your team took control of you. Explain to me please how YOU were playing a stronger game than Christian, when it appears he more control, like you also said you played a similar game, meaning he did better as he also had control to back up his strong game, whereas you just had a strong game?

Christian:
What is your biggest regret of this game? Like you pointed out a few things you did WRONG, but any REGRETS? Also tysm for that thing at F11 ahaha, but in hindsight, would you have done it again?

Good luck to you both <33
2077 days 18 hours ago
_JB_
JB:
During the game and reading over your speech, despite being the team leader, your team took control of you. Explain to me please how YOU were playing a stronger game than Christian, when it appears he more control, like you also said you played a similar game, meaning he did better as he also had control to back up his strong game, whereas you just had a strong game?

This was part of my strategy to let Christian take the reins. Because look at what happened when it looked like Patrick had the reins and when Will looked like he had the reins. It was never my job to have full control of my team. Yes, I was the captain, but I did not see that as I was the automatic leader. Everyone on my team had equal input for every vote.

This is why I wanted Christian on my team, because not only was he going to be loyal to me until the end but he was going to be a threat, likely a bigger one, regardless of the situation. None of the other team captains really picked someone for their team that was going to "trump" their "leader" status and maybe that's part of the reason why all of them are on the jury instead of the end. I think if Christian would ever have learned how to lose a damn challenge, he might not be here in the end, whereas I, did not need immunity every round to secure my place here, as evidenced in the final two rounds. A lot of this was because Christian was with me, but that was because I knew Christian was always going to be loyal to me and be my shield.
2077 days 18 hours ago
_JB_
This is where Christian and my games differ. His highlighted aspect of his game is his six immunities and his four idol finds. He won immunity because he went out and got it himself. I was safe moreso because I had loyalties scattered so wide across the tribe that I was not the target.
2077 days 18 hours ago
Christian_
Christian:
What is your biggest regret of this game? Like you pointed out a few things you did WRONG, but any REGRETS? Also tysm for that thing at F11 ahaha, but in hindsight, would you have done it again?

Ugh so many regrets. I'll try to shortlist the big ones

-The way I treated the other side. I was very blunt and cold to most of them to be quite honest. I didn't want to deceive, and I didn't want to give false hope, so often that resulted in me just ghosting them. Tashi esp was the biggest victim of this, and I wish I could've had the strength to just flat out refuse, but I didn't want to sink my team's chances if I were to speak my mind. So instead I kept silent, and I wish I could've found a better alternative.

-KC's vote off. I was just such a moron that round, I didn't even ask how she was voting, and if I had asked her to vote Tashi we could've tied it at least. I just majorly dropped the ball on that one and was the result of me having to win that last challenge, rather than be guaranteed finals no matter what.

-Will. I love love love love love Will. He's one of my favorite people on this site and I think it's because I see so much of myself in him (except he's much more likable and charming teehee). And in all of our prior games, I've been the direct cause of Will going home.

*camera flashes to Canary Islands F3 and SBB3*

I wanted this game so badly to be one where we got to work together and stay together, but as his threat grew, I couldn't protect him from JB's watchful eyes. And I had to vote him out. I wish there was an alternate universe where a better, less gamebotty Christian went with Will to the end and accepted the loss. But I couldn't do that. And it definitely hurts the most out of anything from this game that I couldn't be that person.

And YES 100% I'd always do that Final 11 move again and again. It's one of the favorite things I did all game, and afterwards I told Newz "I finally believe that I may have a chance to win this thing ." It not only gained me a great ally in you, it solidified to Will/KC that I was willing to take risks for them, while taking out a number of the side I didn't trust and bettering my position.
2077 days 18 hours ago
Logie56
Congratulations you two for making Final Tribal!

JB:
During the Patrick vote, you said you personally wanted to team up with the Paladins so we could all take out KC and Team Will, but ultimately decided against it in favor of your tribe. How do you feel the outcome would've been different if you had stuck with your own agenda and blindsided your original tribe? Were you afraid of damaging the relationships you had previously formed in the past?

Christian:
If you could be sitting in the final 2 with anybody besides JB, who would it be? Also, would you say leaking the plan of voting off James to flush Will's idol and send me to Ponderosa was one of your best moves? If not, what would you say was your best move made this season?

Good luck guys, and make the best Jockstrap win!
2077 days 18 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
Okay, hi guys, what’s up!

I like both of you a lot actually, obviously I’ve worked with you, Christian, more closely, but both of you are really great players and really enjoyable people, I’m happy y’all made it here.

I think I have my decision set, but I definitely want to give you both equal shot, cuz I’m a nice person who gives chances to everybody, duh.

JB : if you could work with one person more closely this ENTIRE season, who would you try to work with more?

Christian : Hi!!! Okay, so, like, do you think you relied on immunities and outside forces other than social game?
2077 days 18 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
Oh I so wish I asked a different question to Christian that’s such a lame question

open group

M&N's Survivor (2016-2020)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!