This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [Guatemala]

Topic » Final Tribal Council..

1592 days 20 hours ago
OldNewz
Welcome Andy, Mordecai, and Will to the Final Tribal Council. The power now shifts to the jury who will vote for the Sole Survivor of Survivor: Guatemala - Last Chances.

Please welcome our members of the jury - Tashi, James, Billy, Tris, Nick, Patrick, Silver, Josh, Lexie, and Absolita, voted out at the last Tribal Council

Andy, Mordecai, and Will, you may each make an opening statement. The jury members can either make comments or ask questions, there is no limit to the amount they do or don't say. Once you have decided who to vote for please mail both Mike and I your vote.

Jury, your votes are due Tuesday (11/19/19) at 8 PM EST.
1592 days 19 hours ago
Absol
hi

i have a question about myself because in addition to being a complete psychopath i'm also a narcissist

what is your honest opinion on me from a personality/gameplay standpoint
1592 days 19 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Hi jury, and thanks for a great season. I’ll try and explain why I think I deserve to win.

I think that, at the base level, Survivor is fundamentally a game of relationship management – how you interact with people and how they in turn perceive you will ultimately determine who ends up in a good position and who ends up on the bottom of each vote. Coming into the game I knew I had a lot to learn from the mistakes I’d made in previous seasons – not realizing my position within my alliance, not taking enough risk, and not building the key relationships that would get me to the end early on were all fatal flaws that tanked my game in previous seasons that I knew I had to avoid this time. While I don’t believe my game was by any means perfect, I do think that I was able to effectively navigate the politics and pre-existing relationships of the cast to a point where, at the end of the day, I always knew where the votes were going and what I had to do to make sure they weren’t going towards me.

To be more specific, there are some concrete examples of the things I did to remedy past mistakes that I made and put myself in a continuously good position to go deep into the game. The first alliance I made at the start of the game was with Lexie and Ben, and (up until the finale) I was more or less entirely loyal to both of them. By forming a core that I trusted early on, I was able to have two people I knew I could confide in and bounce ideas off of, which was good for both my game and for my own personal sanity. When the merge hit, I began to have doubts about my own position within both the ex-Yaxha alliance and Absol’s proposed group of 8 (which if I recall correctly was everyone else + myself and Ben). To this end, I had to walk a very fine line between the two alliances, carefully managing the relationships and conversations I had with as many people as I possibly could to stay in the loop and informed about what was going on. I want to stress that I’m aware of the fact that I didn’t always talk to *every single person* in the cast, something done largely by design to avoid coming off as fake or lying unnecessarily to anyone I didn’t need to (something I consider to be annoying on a personal level). I gave Lexie the Yaxha idol to stop her from going home (and remove what I perceived as a huge challenge and social threat in James from the game) and by positioning myself as being indispensable to both sides, protect my position as a “swing vote” for most of the game while managing to make few long-term enemies and eliminate all of the people that I had no relationships with. Because of this, I was able to do damage control and mend fences with people who found themselves on the wrong side of the numbers (at least to a certain extent), because I was able to make sure that my vote/opinion was still an important part of their game. This wasn’t entirely successful all the time, but I do think it demonstrates how I had to think on my feet and adapt to ever-changing circumstances to preserve my overall place in the game (something which I had failed to do in my previous seasons).

At the end of the day, I believe that the game I played was, while not flawless, indicative of my ability to continuously adapt and act to preserve and better my own personal position, while simultaneously maintaining good relationships with my allies. I won 3 immunities, found 2 idols, and played just about the best game I think I’m capable of playing. If I lied to or ended up betraying you, please know that there was a strictly game-related reason for doing so and that I didn’t intend it as a personal slight to you (and if desired, I’m happy to explain exactly why I did it). Whether or not you vote for me, I hope you’ll consider reaching out in any future games we might play together.

Thanks for reading and feel free to ask me any questions!
1592 days 19 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Absol
hi

i have a question about myself because in addition to being a complete psychopath i'm also a narcissist

On a personal level I think you are absolutely fucking hilarious and that vlog of you and your cats may have been one of the best tengaged vlogs I've ever seen

In the context of this game I don't think I ever fully trusted you as I didn't think you *necessarily* truly had my best interests at heart, and from previous experiences/hosting knew you were a pretty sizable challenge/social threat with a lot of connections
1592 days 18 hours ago
TMAN54445
Compare the jury to real survivor players and rank them in order from least to most deserving of final  3 and explain why for both
1592 days 17 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
For Part 1 of Tris’s question (I’ll compare the jury to survivor players and explain why tomorrow). I think for my “most deserving” rankings in general jurors who were voted out earlier will be closer the bottom, and jurors who made it farther will be closer to the top.

MOST DESERVING
Lexie – By far the person with the most relationships on the jury going into the finale and somebody who had made zero enemies. Played a near-perfect social game, was decent in challenges and  would almost certainly have wiped the floor with any of the three of us here.

Absol – Someone who is getting the “fallen hero” edit this season, I think had things played out just a little differently he could very easily be sitting here instead of me. Was well-positioned to get a decent number of jury votes and made it to the final 4 with zero votes cast against him.

Silver – Silver had me scared for my life at the final 8 and final 7 tribal councils. I’m ranking him here because I think he had basically clocked my game to a T and 100% knew what I was doing, but just couldn’t rally the numbers in time to get me out. I also think he was strategically aware and had relationships with people outside the Yaxha alliance.

Patrick – I thought Patrick played a solid, middle of the road game that was cut short when Ben (and subsequently me) decided to flip on the ex-Yaxha alliance to secure a better position going forward. Someone who I definitely perceived could have made a move on me in the future, had the circumstances been right.

Josh – Josh made it to the final 6 and I think was decently positioned to go to the end, while being known as a relatively stand-up, straightforward guy who hadn’t made a ton of enemies. That being said, I think he made a couple fatal mistakes during the round he was voted out in heavily implying to Ben that he would vote him or Andy out eventually (or not sufficiently communicating otherwise), which is why I rank him towards the middle.

Nick – Nick is a little trickier of a person to rank because I didn’t have any conversations with him during the game, but I’m ranking him here because I think he was doing a good job of gradually putting himself in a good position within his own side (having a key alliance with Ben and being less overtly threatening than someone like Absol) but was cut short by not having enough connections with people on the ex-Yaxha side, save for Ben.

James – I think that James plays group games in kind of a similar way that I do, which is why I knew he’d be a threat to me once we hit the merge. Obviously someone who is good at challenge and socially adept, but made the game-ending mistake of trusting people that leaked your side’s vote change which led to you getting voted out.

Billy – I think Billy was definitely seen as kind of a wild card by a lot of people and someone who had relationships/alliances with people on both sides, but wasn’t really trusted by many in the post-merge cast and thus couldn’t get the traction to go deeper into the game.

Tris – Tris, I think you were someone who changed their mind at a lot on who you wanted to vote or align with (especially after the merge) and this made it hard for either side to really work with or trust you, which led to you getting voted off as you just weren’t able to ingratiate yourself with either side as well as you may have wanted to.  My greatest regret in this game is making you late for Cracker Barrel and I hope you can forgive me.

Tashi – Tashi was obviously the first juror to be voted out and someone who I didn’t think was ***as*** active in general as other people on the jury were, in terms of building relationships/alliances (I still liked working with you this season when we had the chance to though!)
LEAST DESERVING
1592 days 17 hours ago
bigben1996
Hi jury,

First, I want to thank Newz for hosting this season.  I had my doubts returning after just having quit due to a family emergency and participating in maybe one of the worst season's on Tengaged.  Regardless, I appreciate the opportunity Newz dragged me into as I didn't have a ton of expectations for myself.

EARLY GAME
---------------
Personally, I feel my game didn’t start to the later portion of the premerge.  However, the most important relationships that I made on “Day 1” were with Lexie and Will.  From the start, I knew those two were individuals that I felt that I could genuinely trust based on our tribe setup and just the individuals that I wanted to play with despite having limited game encounters with each of them.  In result, working with each of them helped form a Yaxha coalition with everyone minus Brittany which would in start form one side for the eventual merge.

Moving forward, the most difficult decision that I faced was whether to mutiny at the swap before merge.  In fairness, I wasn’t online the first and at a glance of tribe would highly consider mutinying.  Instead, I took a day to reflect and realized that this was the time to form social in-roads with Absol, James, Josh, NJ and it helped having my former duo from Easter Island in Andy. I knew that it was a risk due to…

1) I could be the easy out in the minority
2) I can put myself in a good spot come merge among some pretty solid players.     

In my short time, I feel that I did rise among the ranks letting Tico leave in an “anything but me stance” and giving Andy my idol as an impulse decision to get out someone who had figured out what I was doing from the start in Jordan.  This proved to beneficial as I always knew Andy would have my back and if future plans and/or chats were made without one of us we’d compile our information moving information.

MERGE
---------
Ultimately, I came in with the mindset that I needed to even out both sides so I could eventually become a vital swing vote moving forward.  Individuals, like Billy and Tris who could’ve found themselves in a similar position were threats to me as I really wanted to be the main focal point of strategy come the later stages of the game.  It became clear when I evidently became a key vote in decisions revolving around NJ, Patrick, Josh, and Lexie.

Billy’s boot was likely the one that started the chain of events in terms of who needed to be the next stage of targets for me in the mid-late portion of the merge.  It was clear that trust had officially been broken between myself, Pat, and Silver disagreed on the James boot and were not content with me taking Billy out who I believe felt they wanted to use as number for themselves to eventually get me out in the future.

Final Six, I felt that I was in everyone’s ideal final three situation or had a final three with everyone whether it was because I had been too cutthroat with the way I played or had built social and/or working relationships over time which was the case for the final six despite the bumps along the way.  I felt confident that I wasn’t going to be leaving from the final seven onward.  Also, under-reported social relationships with someone like Josh got me a long way as we did have a genuine partnership, but I got cold feet when I thought he wasn’t going to take out Absol eventually and the threat that I could be #4 among him, Andy, and Absol.

At finale night, I felt that Absol and Lexie were my biggest competition at the end of the day.  Lexie’s social game was on point and had not caused rifts with anyone this season and Absol was a big target from the start and just played a good game being the leader of his side while making connections with the right individuals.

WRAP UP
------------
Now, I understand that my game has numerous flaws to it which range from flipping on alliances on the flip of a coin, giving senses of false hope, excessive lying and vice versa.  Did I cross a line?  Absolutely, I knew this would be an issue for myself as I strategically positioned myself in the middle of nearly every vote from the start of the merge. I also understand that issuing an apology in this public statement here to the individuals that I hurt wouldn't be authentic.  With that being said, if I did hurt anyone’s feelings or did anything listed above then I'm more than happy to listen and explain myself or issue an apology on my behalf during this final tribal or after the season concludes.

I know that I've said countless times throughout the season that:
--> "I don't feel that I have any shot of winning this game by the way that I've played.
--> "I'm happy to losing to so-and-so."

While, I think there's plenty stuff going against me as my hands are full of blood and countless murders.  I believe that I should and do stand a shot tonight and would like to prove that I wasn’t the unaware flipper who didn't know the repercussions of their actions.  I'm susceptible that I made my mistakes in certain social situations.  However, I was a key factor in a lot of the strategy this season and had a decent grasp of who I needed to keep within my inner circle.

Best of luck Andy and Will!
1592 days 17 hours ago
amf7410
I will be posting my speech and answering questions tomorrow
1592 days 17 hours ago
bigben1996
Absol

----

PERSONALITY
-----------------
I think you're definitely one of the most entertaining players that I've come across.  Instead, of being a normal glue stick like the rest of us you were a 12 pack of Crayola Markers with each day bringing something different to the table.  You served Pieguy respectable trash and had a solid gif selection especially the last one.

GAMEPLAY
-------------
I think you knew exactly who to align with a majority of the game and that is something which is hard to come across in a last chances form of a season as the game is usually fluid.  Aligning, with individuals like myself or Will gave you leverage to avoid being an early target in the merge.   You wanted to keep bigger names around and/or get rid of the individuals you had former vendettas.  Overall, you got yourself a challenge away from the end which is no small fleet.

I think one of the lone issues with how you played was maybe at times you made it explicitly clear who you were protecting and that there was a chat without me.  For instance, I was a bit thrown off after I had voted tashi with you but yet I wasn't included in the main alliance chat with you James, Josh, NJ, and Andy and you also stated they were "uncomfortable" adding me.  That was a missed opportunity in my eyes as I had not committed fully to which group that I'd want to side with in the eventual future.  Also, Patrick & Silver were very aggressive the following round which I told you as well so I felt you could've exploited some small openings.
1592 days 17 hours ago
bigben1996
I'll answer your question in the morning @Tris and any others as well.
1592 days 9 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Each juror as a real Survivor player:

Tashi - Courtney Yates. From our time on the jury together in HvV I think you definitely have that snarky, "say what's on your mind" energy that's funny to watch (when directed at other people of course)!

James - Joe Anglim. I think you're someone who is almost always in a good position pre-merge because you're active/sociable/good at challenges, but can quickly get pegged as a  target because those things become threats as soon as the merge hits.

Billy - Reed Kelly. You made it to the merge and (at least at the time) I think you had the potential of going far, but kind of got cut short after an idol-out and people subsequently turning on you in the round afterwards.

Tris - Kathy Sleckman. You're a bit of a scatterbrained yet funny character that always manages to make me laugh whenever your sheep avatar shows up in my PMs -- I do miss the era of you sending things in all caps but I'll take whatever interactions I can get!

Nick - Amanda Kimmel. Decent at challenges and a solid all-round social and strategic player that was in a solid position pre-merge and worked their way into a good alliance -- I think I'd characterize this as being JB's "old reliable" ranking in the cutthroat rankings he sued to do.

Patrick - Pete Yurkowski. This season, I think you were someone who was perceived as being the ringleader of the ex-Yaxha alliance (which I don't believe personally was true, but maybe we'd disagree) that was targeted and flipped on for being in an ostensibly commanding post-merge position with the strategic know-how to go deep and possibly win the game.

Silver - Michaela Bradshaw. I think you're someone who is capable of flying under the radar but wasn't afraid to get in people's faces and raise hell when you felt like you really needed to (especially after Patrick was voted off)

Josh - Sabrina Thompson. Somebody who was more or less loyal to the original alliances they made and had the social relationships and game awareness to back it up, but just couldn't quite manage to pull out a win at the end.

Lexie - Taj Johnson-George. I think you were somebody that, as I mentioned previously, played a near-perfect social game and would have been positioned to take home the win had you not gone home 2 rounds before final tribal.

Absol - Shii Ann Huang.
1592 days 9 hours ago
NJKoda1998
Hi everyone!

Andy - I know you haven't posted a speech yet, but why should I give you my vote when you never spoke to me this game? If you answer something like "communication is a 2 way street, you didn't message me either" you can just skip this. You're the one on trial right now, not me, so you get to explain why you never reached out to me! ^__^

Ben - We haven't played games together that much in both our times on Tengaged, but every time we do, you act like you're my friend and that you have my back, and then you have 100% of the time cut me early at the merge. Tell me why I should overlook the fact that you never had intentions of working long-term with me, and why I shouldn't overlook your game and vote for someone else out of spite?

Will - You also never talked to me in this game, but we did at least just find out why. Give me some examples of how Ben is a horrible person and how Andy hasn't done anything this season. Tell me why I should give you my vote, and why the other two suck compared to you. I want nastiness, and I want harshness.
1592 days 7 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Will - You also never talked to me in this game, but we did at least just find out why. Give me some examples of how Ben is a horrible person and how Andy hasn't done anything this season. Tell me why I should give you my vote, and why the other two suck compared to you. I want nastiness, and I want harshness.

If you want me to really get into this, you can argue that Ben's a horrible person by his own admission. He was obviously in a position to play a lot of people off against each other this season, and would regularly remark to me that he was playing an overtly scummy game and didn't really care. More specifically, you could also argue that he had no qualms building in-game relationships that he had no intention of keeping long-term (you yourself are an example of this), trading "perpetual swing vote" status for betraying many of the people who are on the jury (something which, for me personally, am obviously hoping comes back to bite him now)! While I also obviously betrayed and/or lied to cast members in the game, I think I was able to do so in a way that allowed me to mend fences later and not overextend my alliances.

Moving on to Andy, I think you could argue he "did nothing" because of the general lack of communication between himself and people who are on the jury (we're in the final 3 together and have maybe exchanged a half dozen messages total with each other). In this instance your question to him is pretty telling -- if you're in a de facto alliance with someone and consistently voting the same way as them at the merge and...never speak to them once individually, what does that say about your ability to build and leverage relationships? While it's true we also never spoke, I never attended a pre-merge tribal council with you and our interests in the game were always diametrically opposite. 

I think that I deserve your vote because I believe my game was a happy medium between Ben's self-admitted scumminess and Andy's more "going with the flow" approach. I was able to stay on the right side of the numbers and keep myself from being a main target for most of the post-merge, while allowing Ben to take much of the ire and criticism from people on both sides. That being said, there were also times when I had to act assertively and take risks to further my own place in the game -- I gave the idol to Lexie not being 100% sure where the vote was going to go because I knew her leaving would have been bad for both my game and my personal sanity at the time, I helped organize the Billy and Tris votes because I knew that they were two people in the middle who would probably threaten my game down the line, and I was able to advance a coherent agenda without getting "up to my elbows" in blood.
1592 days 7 hours ago
J2999
Congrats to all on F3, well deserved! as irrelevant juror 2 I'll ask my qs then pipe down ;D

To all:
Why do your opponents deserve to beat you? (a reason for each, please)
What was one thing you did neither of your opponents did?
1592 days 6 hours ago
bigben1996
TMAN54445
Compare the jury to real survivor players and rank them in order from least to most deserving of final  3 and explain why for both

------------

Part I - Ranking
-------------------

Absol - One of if not the biggest target throughout a majority of the game.  Absol had been a major target for the Patrick and Silver side of things since the early portion of the merge/late premerge.  He made the right connections and alliances throughout the game while also holding back on his challenge strength till it absolutely mattered most.  A "morse code" away and zero votes against him would've made him a respectable winner.

Lexie - If we're deeming who played the best social game this season it would be Lexie.  She made zero rifts among the cast while still strategically preparing herself for every worst-case scenario.  Survivor is a "social game" and even if Lexie made a move against you it was hard to be mad with her as she had both the likability factor and had a perfect scapegoat alliance partner in me to receive a lot of the blame for if something went wrong.

Josh - The most underrated player this season.  Josh had a lot of game awareness and knew who needed to leave at certain points in the game.  At the final nine, the vote was looking to be Nick or himself due to Silver winning immunity and I felt at a cross-roads as I really liked both of them.  However, Josh would work at our relationship everyday both on a personal level and a strategic level which gave me a sense of comfort with him.  Josh's one flaw was likely the round he left as it didn't seem he was going to go for Absol which I definitely misinterpreted looking back and I know for sure now his final three was with me and Andy.

Patrick - While Patrick & Silver were a duo and could be argued they were pretty even.  I'm putting Patrick above Silver as I felt he was the smarter player.  Similar to Absol, Patrick was a primary target for the other side and I think he was very good at keeping his composure this season.  I was always under the belief that Patrick was smart enough to make a move on me cause he has seen me play aggressively in the middle in the past.  That's the main reason why I flipped when I did.

Silver - While us budding heads a decent amount wasn't necessarily a great experience as we enjoyed each other personally.  Silver read my bullshit better than anyone in this cast and had no issues leading the charge against me or writing my name down.  He was the player that I worried about the most over the later course of the season as I knew when the time came to start making moves he'd be the biggest advocate against me. My only qualm with Silver was at the "final seven" at least Lexie and Will knew that I had considered bringing Yaxha back together but it seemed that our communication ended the moment that I decided to flip on Patrick.

Nick - If Josh or Silver had left at the final nine then Nick was primed for a deep run in this game.  He was positioned well in the middle of the Absol alliance and we had a good working relationship despite me cutting him again.  I think not having a ton of connections on the other side and the fact that I wanted to keep Absol as a shield and Andy felt would never betray me put me at a cross-roads between him or Josh.  I could say the bullshit excuse of communication is a "two-way street" but that wasn't the case.  In reality, Josh had really done some great groundwork with me and there was fear on my end Nick wouldn't cut Absol in the future when Josh was a lot more open to it.  But, I should have had a more open line of communication on my end.

James - James would be higher if it hadn't been for his early exit during the merge.  I always viewed James as a threat to win and while he left early which was definitely not in my intention as it started in my mind "BigBen vs. Silver" showdown.  I think the weakness you had was trusting Billy who actually told the other side the vote even before I got a chance to talk about who should leave.  I wish we got a redo on that vote as you really weren't in my sights as a target.

Billy - I know that I gave you a ton of shit after you voted me the first round of merge.  But, I'm actually happy we maturely had a conversation about how we could move forward in the game and I did actually think about sticking with you for a couple rounds.  I don't think the issue was really yourself as I believed what you were selling me but rather Lexie, Pat, and Silver telling me they felt they could use you left me skeptical for my own game.  I don't know in reality what you would've ended up doing but you were a wildcard for sure which left me uneasy.

Tris - It was at points really hard to play with you as your game flipped on a dime (not that it wasn't entertaining).  I felt it was just hard to read what your future plans were and I wanted to play with individuals who's movements that I could predict later on.  The one thing that I wished I could've improved upon was picking up one of you thirty calls as I probably should've made time to talk more game with you.

Tashi - The few conversations that we had were pretty entertaining and I enjoyed our early days on Yaxha.  However, I think maybe not being as active as you wanted to be did not put yourself in a situation were individuals were likely prone to flip on you and/or not connecting with the other side put you at an immediate disadvantage.  I think you had an uphill battle regardless.
1592 days 6 hours ago
amf7410
Hello everyone!

I want to preface this speech by saying I know I wasn't the most active player throughout this game. In the premerge, I was also participating in a facebook ORG, so a lot of my time was devoted to that game. It ended around the merge, so I was able to spend more time on this one.

However, I used my inactivity as a strategy after the merge. I didn't show up to any live challenges because I didn't want to become a target from people I was not working with, but I did pick up my strategizing with the people I was. So, I was in a position where I could be loyal to my allies and still not be a target from the opposing side, for the most part.

My game was about as loyal as it could be, until the final 4. I stuck by the side of the people I was working with, but I felt in order to have a shot to win, I couldn't be setting next to Absol, so I made that move to benefit my own game.

I'm not going to try to take credit for things I didn't do, but I did push to get out people who were threatening to me. I didn't back down from what I felt. Also, I responded to people when they messaged me, even if it didn't amount to much, or if they didn't message me back at all.

Finally, despite not showing up to a lot of challenges, I think I showed in the first couple challenges that I was competent in them, and I proved in the final immunity challenge that I was able to win.

I hope you guys can appreciate my game for what it is worth. Thanks to Newz for another great season, and good luck to Will and Ben!

I'll answer questions in a bit when I get on my computer.

open group

M&N's Survivor (2016-2020)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!