This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

ESCT37 Semifinals results and Grand Final

Topic » ESCT37 Semifinals results and..

1401 days 10 hours ago
spinfur
Alright so I'm gonna post my thoughts about this!

- First off a HUGE congratulations to 馃嚛馃嚢 Denmark as I just loved the song from the moment I heard it, I'm a huge fan of a deep male voice when people sing, and it just really struck a chord within me that really just made me want to jam out to it.

- Also congratulations to MY 12 POINTS Estonia! 馃嚜馃嚜 Like every time I hear this song I get chills down my body because it's just so beautiful! I honestly enjoyed it so much, and I'm glad it almost won because it was such an amazing song.

-Personally 馃嚛馃嚜 Germany and 馃嚫馃嚢 Slovakia didn't have big impacts on me but I enjoyed their songs nonetheless, and they really deserved the top 6 positions.

- I also really enjoyed  馃嚞馃嚙 UK's song as it really was a fun song to jam out and listen too which really deserved the top 6!

- I have to shout out 馃嚤馃嚬 Lithuania, 馃嚙馃嚞 Bulgaria, and 馃嚘馃嚤 Albania because your songs were probably my top tier songs I would listen to do daily if I have to, and I felt you deserve higher placings because they were just so amazing, and I deeply connected with them so really good job.

- Now on my opinion on how 馃嚥馃嚬 Malta, I won't lie and say that I'm not disappointed by the placement it got, like don't get me wrong I'm happy it made it to the grand final, but to place it one placement above last with submissions that are quote "troll" entries like Armenia, it does make me sad a bit. I'm just hoping to pick myself up from this, and move on to the next edition because I have huge plans ahead for Malta! I'm glad the other countries are enjoying me as the new HOD and I hope one day I can bring Malta to victory.

- Overall this was such a strong edition, and I'm glad to be apart of it! I can't wait until ESCT38 comes around and we'll see you in Denmark!
1401 days 9 hours ago
Alexito
This are the results of comparing the Grand Final results to the betting odds.

1. 馃嚛馃嚢 Denmark (=)
2. 馃嚜馃嚜 Estonia (+8)
3. 馃嚠馃嚬 Italy (-1)
4. 馃嚫馃嚢 Slovakia (+8)
5. 馃嚛馃嚜 Germany (+3)
6. 馃嚞馃嚙 United Kingdom (-3)
7. 馃嚘馃嚤 Albania (=)
8. 馃嚫馃嚜 Sweden (+8)
9. 馃嚟馃嚭 Hungary (+8)
10. 馃嚭馃嚘 Ukraine (+10)
11. 馃嚪馃嚫 Serbia (+11)
12. 馃嚨馃嚤 Poland (-6)
13. 馃嚙馃嚘 Bosnia & Herzegovina (+6)
14. 馃嚦馃嚧 Norway (-9)
15. 馃嚠馃嚫 Iceland (+6)
16. 馃嚞馃嚪 Greece (-7)
17. 馃嚠馃嚜 Ireland (+7)
18. 馃嚤馃嚭 Luxembourg (-5)
19. 馃嚥馃嚚 Monaco (-4)
20. 馃嚞馃嚜 Georgia (+6)
21. 馃嚥馃嚘 Morocco (+2)
22. 馃嚤馃嚬 Lithuania (-11)
23. 馃嚙馃嚞 Bulgaria (-9)
24. 馃嚘馃嚥 Armenia (+1)
25. 馃嚥馃嚬 Malta (-21)
26. 馃嚬馃嚪 Turkey (-8)

Once again, and after two editions, the bookies guessed correctly the winner of this edition, 馃嚛馃嚢 Denmark. The countries with best results were 馃嚪馃嚫 Serbia (+11) who apparently was never trusted to do well and 馃嚭馃嚘 Ukraine who climbed +10 places more. Several countries climbed around 6-8 places.
In the other hand, the countries who failed the most were 馃嚥馃嚬 Malta with a difference of 21 places and 馃嚤馃嚬 Lithuania with 11 places less. This proves that sometimes the betting odds are not 100% accurate.
1398 days 4 hours ago
DallasAndrew
Austria applauds Denmark win but regrets Estonia's 'near missing'!

Austria's Hod expressed his opinion regarding the final of ESCT 37 in a recent interview: 'I think that we can all agree that Denmark is a meritous winner, quality entry, betting odds' favourite also. However, I would have liked so much to see Estonia winning, not only because it would have been a big surprise, but I thinkt that they had a beautiful song, it would have been something different (didn't see a ballad winning recently) and also for the work of their Hod, not to mention that is way harder to win the contest with a country like Estonia if we compare to many other countries. And he was really close.
About 3rd place, Italy, I think that this edition they were the traditional safe possible favourite entry that always finish high but never wins. However, I am really pleased to finally see Italy on a high position, I wait to see them there with a song in Italian language too. Fourth place, Slovakia, the entry that I thought winn easily win, even if the odds' didn't put it as a favourite... I'm happy for them, the song might have been a little overrated, but I can get the appeal and I think they deserve it also.
Overrated entries: Germany, Hungary, Ukraine, Serbia, Morocco (even 26th and I would have put it at the overrated series), Bosnia & Herzegovina
Underrated entries: Albania, Greece, Ireland, Monaco (amazing entry, should have fight to win in my opinion), Lithuania, Turkey'
About the announcement about a possible swap, Austria's Hod couldn't deny the subject: ' I was thinking a lot, I was really decided to do it, I've also searched the musical industry from the countries I got offers, however, with all the risk to be considered a big unserious person, I'm still the Hod of Austria and I don't deny the possibily to consider continuing with the country for another edition. That's especially after we saw that we only missed the final for 1 point, we started to look for entries to organize another national preselection before my announcement and we have the feeling that we could fight for a better finish of this adventure than with this result. However, I have no idea what I will do, it depends on other people as well, if they want a switch, I'm considering both options, to stay or to switch'.

open group

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!