This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

ESCT36 Semifinals results and Grand Final

Topic » ESCT36 Semifinals results and..

1469 days 5 hours ago
Alexito
Here we have the results of both semifinals, which 10 countries from each semifinal qualified to the Grand Final of ESCT36. Good luck to all of you!

.be

And here is the wiki which will be updated soon. This edition the points of the non-qualified countries will be revealed after the Grand Final.

http://esct.wikia.com/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest_Tengaged_36

Don't go too far away because you will need to vote in the Grand Final. Thanks to all of you ;)
1469 days 5 hours ago
Patrick319
SPOILER ALERT

WOW. A lot of shocking results.

I think most of the semi-final 1 qualifiers were deserved, but I would have put Italy through.

Semi-final 2 is where the shocks were for me. I didn't expect Andorra, Latvia and Denmark to qualify. Disappointed to see Georgia, Finland, Bulgaria and Switzerland out. Bulgaria's elimination is genuinely shocking. Switzerland is less surprising. I guess the song was too avant-garde for the uncultured ear </3

Thrilled to see Iceland back in the final! Also happy about Austria's qualification, meaning both Icelandic artists are in the final <3
1469 days 4 hours ago
Talian
Patrick is just too good for this world! Live you babey馃槝
1469 days 4 hours ago
JotaMCL
I-

THANK YOU EUROPE!
IT'S AN HONOUR TO BE IN THE FINAL AGAIN! SO GRATEFUL!
1469 days 4 hours ago
Alexito
I will make an extended comment later, but HOW did you rob Italy, Estonia and Greece :(
1469 days 3 hours ago
hellocat
The North Macedonian Broadcasters:

The North Macedonian Delegation, along with TBU have currently been in discussions with the current situation revolving the Coronavirus. As you are all aware of the situation, North Macedonia have placed restrictions on our country. In Belgium, there is a current 2,257 cases and a reported 37 deaths. Because of this we believe it is to dangerous to keep a close team of people (Artists, Delegations) in close proximity with each other. This is why from tomorrow, most of the North Macedonian Delegation will fly back to Skopje, along with HoD Kat. Tamara will remain in Ghent to finish ESCT 36. This is the official Statement Kat has made.
"First of all congratulations to all 20 qualifiers of the ESCT 36 contest held in Ghent Belgium. However I have received heartbreaking news along with the lovely news of qualification, I will sadly be flying back to Skopje beginning tomorrow after being told by our Broadcaster it is too dangerous to be in close proximity with each other. We are also currently in talks in whether North Macedonia will take part in the 37th edition of the contest, as health comes first"

(Btw I know this is like fake and all but why don't try and live as a HoD, it's fun)
1469 days 2 hours ago
rodrigueseve
First of all the slovakian delegation would like to thank all the votes we got which allowed us to move on an perform at the grand final. It is a huge honor. Now onto our thoughts:

Semi-Final 1:
-Extremely happy about Russia and Bosnia. This were two countries I was not sure would make it trough but I hoped they would and they delivered
-Overrated I would only say Sweden is. Nova has much better and I found this song of hers pretty generic but in a very bland way. It just went nowhere for me
-There is only one song I would say was robbed and that was Estonia. It was a brilliant entry, it was different yet still accessible and it was just amazing. It pains me to see it not qualify

Semi-Final 2:
-Extremely happy for countries like Denmark, Iceland, Andorra, Austria and North Macedonia who have songs I like but I wasn't sure would make it either because people didn't seem into it or because of past track records
-I would say Albania, Monaco and Latvia are overrated. Albania is a case of overexposure I was never in love with it to start with and now it didnt age well either. Monaco is ok but I just like other songs better. With Latvia I just find it horrid. It is just noise on top of noise
-As for robberies, I would say United Kingdom who had a very different alternative sound but that resonated very well with me and, above all, Georgia. If Georgia was in the final it would, no doubt, be on the run for my 12. Enough said
1469 days 2 hours ago
AlanDuncan
Azerbaijan announces it not be participating in ESCT 37 due to a lack of English singing artists.
1469 days 2 hours ago
RakkyESCT
SPAIN COMMENTS !!!

First of all, I want to congratulate all the delegations for participating and making this magnificent edition possible !

We also want to give much encouragement to those of us who are having troubled times like SPAIN and to thank the company that runs contests like these !!!
THANK YOU also to @alexito (love), for being the architect of all this party that has me so hooked !!!

Congratulations to all those who have made it through to the Grand Final and to those who have not, as we send a lot of encouragement and tell them to keep trying ,  nothing is impossible!

But hey, not everything is going to be pinky and this is why I put myself in critical mode and move on to comment on the Semifinals:

SEMIFINAL 1:

Was it necessary to gather all the tacky songs with electronic music in the same Semifinal?

Luckily more than one has stayed on the road, however others have slipped taking the place of one of my favorites!

THANK YOU (love) for classifying SPAIN, although from the country we had good feelings, this contest never ceased to amaze me, so I will not deny that until I have seen the country classified, I have not breathed easy!

However, I come outraged and direct from the court to report  the NO classification of GREECE (My 12 POINTS) or  MOLDAVIA (My 6 POINTS) orf ESTONIA (My 5 POINTS ). I consider that they are original songs, and with different sounds that should undoubtedly be at the BIG FINAL !!! I will understand that the CORONAVIRUS has left more than one, deaf than a wall !

PRETTY SURPRISED: or with the pass so much from BOSNIA, SLOVAKIA, ARMENIA or RUSSIA that I thought they had less chance of passing than for example ITALY or ESTONIA !!!

SEMIFINAL 2 :

I think that in this Semifinal there was more quality than in the other Semifinal, or at least a little more variety;) !!!

Overall happy with the results, however I'm going to miss songs such as those from NETHERLANDS, or UK, which I consider much better than some of those that have happened.

I'M TOTALLY SHOOKED to see LATVIA  pass to the Final , I can't believe that a song with these musical characteristics has managed to beat other proposals with superior quality!
Is it that the CORONAVIRUS has also affected this Semifinal ???

GOOD  LUCK TO EVERYONE , SEE US IN THE GRAN FINAL !!!

KISSES FROM SPAIN !!!
1469 days 1 hour ago
AlanDuncan
Azerbaijan has decided it will appear in ESCT if it's not hosted in Aremenia.
1468 days 14 hours ago
DallasAndrew
Austria thrilled over last minute qualifier! 'Symphony' is in the Grand Finale!

Austria's Hod made a personal review over the ESCT 36's results of the semi-finals: 'Personally, I'm happy, however, if I'd have to look for the non-qualifying entries... it's just sad that there is a big number of great songs that didn't make it. In the first semi-final I think that most of the favourites did it, with no big surprises. Maybe Greece is the only country that seemed a certain favourite that will not be in the final, but apart of that, everything looked normal. I'm happy for Bosnia & Herzegovina, the change of what they are ususally doing payed of, but I'm totally dissapointed of Portugal and especially for Lithuania. They are no surprises for not making it, but it's sad that a great peformer like Jazzu, with a beautiful and emotional ballad will not perform in the final, again the contest shows no mercy for variety and deepness.
The 2nd semi-final was much stronger and way more balanced in my opinion, which is also shown in the results. Big losses here, entries like Finland, Netherlands, or Switzerland, even Georgia... again, the results went for generic, not for variety. On the opposite way though, Latvia did it, with a totally recusant entry, which adds a little more of strange on how the results went. I really want to congratulate them, great job! The biggest unpleasant surprise thoug: Hungary! The odds were right, but the song seemed to get so well for what ESCT normally does... well, maybe songs like Estonia and Hungary just seemed too generic this time, it's true that they were used pretty much every edition and it's a continuing changing contest.
As about us, Austria did it as I've expected, well, I can't say I had any hope for that last spot, after 9 qualifiers were presented, but let's face it, it's the 4th time I see my country getting the last spot in a semi-final, I'm already used to that feeling. I think that the odds really underrated us and we're still hoping for much more than just this qualifier for Thorsteinn, who deserves a spot on top. We hope for a great result and we can't wait for the final and for a great show with 26 winners trying their best.'
It is the 3rd time on a row that Austria is qualifying for the final, this making it a 5th time in the last 6 editions with Austria in the final stage of the contest, which might just include Austria from a rarely finalist to a common presence on the big show.
1468 days 1 hour ago
Alexito
GRAND FINAL ESCT36

Last night we could find out who were the 10 qualified countries from each semifinal and like every edition we experienced happiness, disappointments, anger, robbed entries and surprises. Once we already have the 26 finalists which will compete to reach the final prize, we can start with the voting process. Starting from now, all the participating countries, including the non-qualifiers, must vote to choose the winner of this 36th edition held in Ghent.

Since today, Saturday 21 March and until next Saturday 28 March 2020 all the countries have to vote for the winner, giving 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 point to the songs you Like the most. The live show with the results will take place some days after the deadline, the day and hour will be revealed coming soon.

You should send your votes to me 袗lexito. If any of you can not vote on time for any reason, you should notify me as soos as possible to get some jurors as back-up votes. If any of you don't vote on time without giving any reason you will lose your country.

You can also post your thoughts about the possible winners or countries who can finish top10 or bottom, or anything about the betting odds. Please don't forget to send the pictures of your SPOKESPERSONS and cities.
1467 days 4 hours ago
Alexito
SEMIFINALS RESULTS: MY THOUGHTS

Well, after a good streak for 馃嚟馃嚭 Hungary, we didn't qualify this edition, I thought it was a good entry but it seems it wasn't liked and the betting odds were right. It's ok, we accept the results and next edition we'll be better than ever.

SEMIFINAL 1:

-馃嚞馃嚪 Greece, 馃嚜馃嚜 Estonia and 馃嚠馃嚬 ITALY have been vilely ROBBED! They were different who brought variety to the contests and people just ignored them. We will complain again that people keep sending the same overrated artists over and over.
-Congrats to 馃嚙馃嚘 Bosnia & Herzegovina, it's the first time they qualify since ESCT13, or in other words, since 2015, 5 YEARS! However, other past entries were better than this one in my opinion.
-馃嚪馃嚭 Russia, 馃嚜馃嚫 Spain, 馃嚘馃嚥 Armenia and 馃嚫馃嚢 Slovakia <333 Happy for them.
-馃嚦馃嚧 Norway and 馃嚫馃嚥 San Marino were a bit overrated tbh, but congrats.

SEMIFINAL 2:

-More countries robbed! 馃嚚馃嚟 Switzerland, 馃嚞馃嚙 UK, 馃嚘馃嚳 Azerbaijan and 馃嚝馃嚠 Finland. And my opinion is the same as I already said about Semifinal 1.
-Really surprised with 馃嚤馃嚮 Latvia, specially cause they were second-to last in the betting odds.
-Happy for 馃嚘馃嚛 Andorra, 馃嚠馃嚫 Iceland, 馃嚭馃嚘 Ukraine and 馃嚥馃嚢 North Macedonia <333
-Overrated: 馃嚥馃嚚 Monaco and 馃嚘馃嚤 Albania, maybe I'm a bit tired of Me Tana after seeing it everywhere. :P

Congrats to all the finalists and for the rest of countries, don't worry, let's go to the green room and let's finish with all the booze!
1466 days 9 hours ago
Alexito
After two days, 7 countries out of 46, have already voted, there're 39 countries left to vote yet. (15,2% completed).

Deadline: Saturday, 28 March 2020, 11:59 pm (CET)

The countries which don't vote in time, will lose the country.
1465 days 3 hours ago
Alexito
After three days, 14 countries out of 46, have already voted, there're 32 countries left to vote yet. (30,4% completed).

Deadline: Saturday, 28 March 2020, 11:59 pm (CET)

The countries which don't vote in time, will lose the country.

open group

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!