This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Top entries not to qualify for the final of ESCT (Editions 17 - 33)

Topic » Top entries not to qualify for..

1875 days 3 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
I thought I would revisit some of the forgotten entries from the past that didn't qualify for the final and show them some more love. ESCT is such a good contest there are inevitably some songs that should qualify for the final that unfortunately don't.

I'm originally going to shoot for 30 entries, but if I find more I will include them too.

This is my opinion, if you have any suggestions feel free to send them to me. :)

Why did I start from ESCT 17? Well that was the first contest I entered so it seemed like a good place to start from. If people like this list I will also do it for the first 16 contests.
1875 days 3 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Let's start with a songfrom ESCT 17. :D

Ukraine – ESCT 17 – 13th Place – Kamaliya – “Love Me Like”

There is something absolutely enchanting about this. In places it seems a little repetitive but I love the mix of modern beats and that operatic voice that comes out in places. Honestly I think this could do very well in the contest now. Overall this is very catchy in my opinion and a joy to listen to. :)
1875 days 3 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
2. Estonia – ESCT 17 – 11th Place Semi 2 – Liis Lemsalu – “Breaking The Rules”

Ok some self-love time. This was my first entry and it missed out on the final by 1 point! 1 point!!!! I feel like the build to the chorus is the strongest bit of the song. Being a noob I didn’t pick a highlight so the chorus was showcased. If I could go back in time, I would have picked a timeslot and I feel like she would have made it. This an entry that I come back to every now and again and I love it still.
1875 days 2 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
3. Lithuania – ESCT 17 – 17th Place Semi 2 – NOTA – Man Dainoje

She has a beautiful voice and I can’t see why this was rated so low. It does take a while to get to the punchy chorus, but overall is a solid production. I voted in this semi-final and having a look at the table I didn’t actually vote for this myself at the time, but listening to it again makes me regret that decision.
1875 days 2 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
4. Ireland - ESCT 17 12th Place Semi 2 - Delorentos - "Show Me Love"

I had two minds about including this entry on the list. It's not exactly in my own taste range, but it has a strong chorus and I could see the current ESCT players really enjoying this. Very solid indie / rock song and I would say it was unlucky not to make the end. :)
1874 days 4 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
5. Belarus – ESCT 18 -  12th Place Semi 1 – Alyona Lanskaya “Speak”

The chorus is just so magical here. Belarus has a history of sending strong female pop singers and this is no exception. At the end it sounds so anthemic. The only downside is that the verses are a little shaky, but honestly I find it hard to believe that this not qualify.
1874 days 4 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
6. Austria – ESCT 18 – 14th Semi 1 – Sunrise16 & Sara Koell “Imaginarium”

Dark and beautiful. The video is a little weird, but the song is really good in my opinion. The chorus is really good and I’m a sucker for the ‘ayo’ part. Really enjoyable and I could see Dallas entering something like this now.
1874 days 4 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
7. Denmark – ESCT 18 – 12th Semi 1 – Simone “Heart Shaped Hole”

Ok I voted in this semi final and I didn’t give this anything apparently. I must have been tripping…because the chorus is just sooooo good. I think my tastes have changed in recent years. I could see this doing very well in ESCT now. The verses are a little weaker, but the chorus makes up for it for sure. :)
1874 days 4 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
8. Italy – ESCT 18 – 16th Semi 2 – Emma “Occho Profondi”

Now this is a song I gave 12 points to. I love her husky voice and the build from the chorus. I can see why this didn’t qualify as her voice isn’t going to be for everyone, but honestly, it’s a really solid song and I enjoyed every second of listening to this again. :)
1874 days 4 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
9. Cyprus – ESCT 18 – 11th Semi 2 – Elena Leon – “Let Me Love You”

A really solid rock vibe from Cyprus here. I gave this 10 points at the time and I adore the build to the chorus. It has a mix of power and delicate moments. Still a bop in my opinion although I’m not sure how well it would do now, but back then I think it was unlucky not to make the final.
1873 days 23 hours ago
Patrick319
where is Iceland

open group

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!