This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged - General Discussion

Topic » Eurovision Song Contest..

1836 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
I'm interested.
1835 days 22 hours ago
waf_
I'm interested.
1835 days 3 hours ago
AlanDuncan
I’m interested
1834 days 12 hours ago
bbfan21
I'm interested.
1831 days 22 hours ago
Alexito
Finally, the selected members that will be part of the experts council and will join me are:

-Le Herisson
-Varlto
-Catch_a_falling_star
-Rodrigueseve

Since now, everybody who wants to confirm their songs and/or artists to be approved, must send their entries to the 5 members of the council. I just hope that all together could make this contest a better and more objective place. Thank you.
1831 days 21 hours ago
Patrick319
interesting
1770 days ago
Alexito
Just as a reminder, from this edition onwards, the top 6 of every edition will be automatically qualified in the Grand Final. So the Big 5 will become Big 6.

I also want to talk about ESCT35 that will be a switch-themed edition with all the participants trading countries. The order that I will follow to draw the countries will be the one determinated by the official order of the results of ESCT34. As a novelty, the Big 6 countries will switch countries only among them, and the same will happen with the possible countries in the Presemifinal Round, the rest of countries who are not part of the Big 6 or the PSR, will be drawn as usual. Therefore, once all the countries are drawn among all the current participants, the rest of countries who were not drawn, will be drawn for the new users who apply for ESCT.

Don't hesitate to ask me or the council any questions.
1769 days 9 hours ago
DallasAndrew
For me this comes as a little unexpected. Usually in the past these themes were announced earlier and the participants were asked if they want a theme or not, now this comes as a rule... I mean, I totally agree with the theme for ESCT 35, but I didn't expect it such all of a sudden, despite everybody's choice. And another thing is the time left until ESCT 35, which is the next edition and maybe some participants already were preparing songs and/or selections for their current countries.
1769 days ago
Alexito
Dallas, it's something we already proposed almost one year ago and I talked about it in this thread as well.

Don't worry about time, there will be enough time until ESCT35 starts. Once ESCT34 Grand Final is over, I will draw all the countries for ESCT35 so everybody will have the same time to find songs/artists for the new countries.

There's also a rule about this swap edition where every participant will have the right to block one song for your country. For example: Imagine you wanted to send the new Conchita's single for ESCT35 but with this edition you will have the right to block it by saying it to me privately first, so no one will be able to send that song for ESCT35 and it would be all yours for ESCT36. I hope I explained this well :)
1753 days 12 hours ago
YogscastBigbrother21
Monaco’s song is the Vodafone top 40 for the uk this week
1737 days 6 hours ago
celebrojas
If it can be, I choose for myself Bulgaria, and for themed edition Belarus.
1701 days 15 hours ago
RakkyESCT
I haven't seen any activity on the Official forum or on the web for many days and I would like to know if there will be a new edition of EST, or on the contrary, the contest has been canceled!!!

Will there be a new edition? When will preparations begin?

I appreciate the answers of all those users who have news about the contest!

THANK YOU !!!
1687 days 6 hours ago
Alexito
Don't worry! ESCT is taking a little break this summer. We will be back in September with ESCT35!

☺️
1676 days 18 hours ago
YogscastBigbrother21
Yes!
1525 days 2 hours ago
Alexito
NEW RULES

RULES ABOUT OFFICIAL VIDEOS VIEWS
All the countries

Following ESCT 35 the ESCT Council has decided that some of the contests rules needed to be re-thought. For that reason, some changes will be made.
The first change that was made was regarding the overall view limit. As long as we remember the view limit has been 50 million views. However it was concluded that that view limit basically only ends up ruling out extremely popular songs and everything ends up being available anyways, making the restriction very minimal. For that reason we cut the limit down to 25 million views. We believe it is an happy medium where it will give us the opportunity to learn about new music and will rule out the obvious ones we all know.

Microstates

Now on to a more touchy subject: microstates (Andorra, Luxembourg, Monaco, San Marino). It has come to our attention people grow extremely frustrated by the advantages the microstates have. This countries of very small dimension can borrow from any spot of their respective country with no view limit which basically ends up meaning we have 2 of the same country (2 Germanys , 2, Frances, 2 Spains, 2 Italys). For that reason, we had to think a lot and this new rule has been in the making for a few editions now. It wasn’t easy to reach a conclusion but ultimately, the rule that will be placed is that while microstates can still borrow from their countries, they will get a 1 million view limit. The council knows this is a drastic change but it is a change that makes sense and that you can work with and around it.

If you have any questions regarding the rules of the contest or
if you didn't understand something, ask below in the thread!

open group

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!