This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged - General Discussion

Topic » Eurovision Song Contest..

2138 days 10 hours ago
ivix17
Where can we pick countries?
2138 days 7 hours ago
Alexito
In a few days.
2137 days 20 hours ago
Alexito
Many other countries like France, Albania, Belarus, Moldova... stated that they offered themselves for swaping their countries but they got no reply.

Maybe it might be because of the two websites, the forum and tengaged.com and some of you didn't have the chance to talk to the people from the forum to try a trade with them...

It's better send a private message asking for the trade than post it in public, I don't know :/
2137 days 19 hours ago
Alexito
Btw, another rule has been included to ESCT. It was proposed some days ago through a poll and most of you have decided with a 55,56% of the votes that this new rule must be introduced to the contest, therefore, it will be included in ESCT31 to all effects.

The rule states: An artist who was born in a certain country but her/his parents were born both in a different country from their child, makes this artist eligible to be sent for this country.

For example: An artist born in USA who both parents were born in Azerbaijan, makes him eligible to represent Azerbaijan. However, the parents, BOTH of them must be original from Azerbaijan, not only one of them.

I assume that every case may be different and I will have the last word deciding whether I accept the artist in case I have doubts about him/her and the origin.

Thank you so much :D
1894 days 2 hours ago
Alexito
Council: For or against?

I've been recently thinking about bringing the council back for songs approval, so instead of choosing which songs are accepted according to the rules and which songs are not accepted just by myself, I think it will be fairer to be decided among other people, not just me.

It was previously done before but since ESCT26 when we had a huge argument between a participant and the council members, the council was disrupted and dissolved. What do you think about it?
1860 days 1 hour ago
Gay_Horse_
Hey! I'm new to this so my apologies if this comes to annoy anyone.

I want to apply for one of the countries, but I have no clue how to. If you check my page I'm rather new to tengaged although I get how you must submit the song/artist, how if you don't vote your points are split by two, etc. But how do you submit the song and verify you are taking up that country? Do you PM? And if so, how? (noob here)

Once again, so very sorry if this comes across as dumb or annoying to people.
1858 days 1 hour ago
Alexito
New council members to approve songs

Two years ago, the idea of having an expert council to approve every ESCT entry or not was introduced, but finally it was turned it down due to a polemic involving a participant in ESCT26 who thought it was useless and it was considered as an attack to him. That's the past and we think this expert council is more than necessary to avoid new polemics or arguments between participants. In other words, I would not have the only decision to accept if a song is valid or not, if it follows the rules or not.

In my opinion, the council should be formed by me and also by 4 more people, all of them choosen by me through objective reasons (own history in the contest, experience, way of voting, ideas, motivations...) Therefore, all the council members must be 100% objetive when they decide if a song is accepted or not, leaving possible personal issues aside. I think 5 members is more than a reasonable number to avoid ties.

This idea came up as a result of some arguments between participants, who sometimes complain or think something is unfair because their entries are not accepted, or don't follow the rules or my decision is not objective. There are some cases when the limits of some rules are not 100% accurate, specially in cases with DJs, duets, bands... So, each council member, after researching and building an opinion, will say YES or NO, and the majority will win. If I consider that one of the members doesn't follow his jugdement under objective conditions, he or she will be ejected from the council and a new member will take his place over. The participants who are not selected this time, will be able to be selected in the future to replace one or more members.

In conclusion, ALL THE PARTICIPANTS WHO ARE INTERESTED in participating, please comment below. In a few days I will choose the 4 selected members. And remember why we're doing this, to avoid any kind of problems, conflicts, revenges... etc.

¡Let's debate!
1858 days 1 hour ago
Alexito
1858 days 1 hour ago
adeleadele
I would wanna be a council member :) I will give the tea, and only the real tea
1858 days 1 hour ago
rodrigueseve
I'm interested tho I doubt I'll be picked! The idea is lovely either way!
1858 days 1 hour ago
Alexeh23
I'm interested too :)
1858 days ago
ryan5676
I am interested to be a council member.
1858 days ago
hellocat
i'm so interested in being a council member. i have a say on everything
1858 days ago
Patrick319
I’m interested in becoming a council member.
1857 days 22 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
I'm also interested in becoming a member of the council :)

open group

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!