This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged - General Discussion

Topic » Eurovision Song Contest..

2125 days 21 hours ago
Alexito
I open this thread to discuss everything relating to the contest like solving any kind of problem, bringing new ideas to improve the contests, proposals...

Feel free to post anything you want about the contest here.
2125 days 21 hours ago
Alexito
A new proposal has been presented in the other forum in which a poll has been created to decide a new rule: To let artists participate if they have a certain blood heritage from X country.

Example:
Would you allow a Northamerican born artist to participate for Azerbaijan if his/her parents are 100% Azerbaijani and he/she does not have more links to that country?

You can click this link, vote in the poll and leave your opinion. English explanation is provided.

http://esctengaged.freeforums.net/thread/713/propuesta-nueva-regla-para-esct
2110 days 14 hours ago
Alexito
Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged #31 - National Finals

It's time for the National Finals for ESCT31, all those people who want to start a NF, you can also post it here to promote it and find all the NF easily. In the Confirmation thread and in your delegation area as well, you can now explain with details your NF.

There won't be any songs restrictions about quantity. But before making your own preselection, you must send me your entries privately for aproval.

Let the National Finals begin!!!
2109 days 15 hours ago
DallasAndrew
2108 days 15 hours ago
Alexito
2108 days 15 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Hola! :')

I was just having a discussion with some of the other contestants and they asked me to bring the conversation to your attention.

We were thinking that instead of having the same country forever, that we could get a new random country every contest or after a set amount of time (like maybe 2 or 3 contests). I say this as I am taking part in another contest where we are given new countries each time and it really makes the contest fresh. So far in the four editions I have taken part in I have entered songs for Ireland, Norway, Croatia and South Korea. Each time I have found new artists and songs that I adore. :'D

Now I could imagine the five people who would automatically as they achieved top 5 could keep their country. But everyone else can be drawn randomly. It would be quite a fair way of doing it and I'm sure people would find even more artists and music that they love. As it is I don't think I can take Estonia much further and I have exhausted the pool of songs in my opinion. I know we have countries regularly up for draws, but most of the time you're unsuccessful for draws and other times I like giving new players a chance to get into the contest.

ESCT is easily the best fan-made contest I have been in, but I just think regularly shaking it up with countries would make it even better. < 3
2108 days 14 hours ago
Alexeh23
Agree with this!! Not that I personally mind having Croatia, but it'd be nice to have a bit of variety so that those who are "stuck" with countries they don't want anymore can have something a bit different - just think generally there'd be more enjoyment of the contest. :)
2108 days 14 hours ago
Patrick319
love that idea!
2108 days 14 hours ago
Alexito
I think this was already proposed some editions ago and it wasn't succesful. People who have their countries since forever or so many editions ago might be a bit demotivated if they have a country they don't like for some editions and they wouldn't enjoy the contest feeling that country like a burden.

Actually, I was proposing today a new switch edition for ESCT35 as we did in ESCT25, to give that fresh feeling that you mentioned, due to the warm welcome it had.
I want to remember as I always said, every person can switch countries whenever you want with any country you want.

For example: I want to leave my country and apply for a new draw but I wasn't lucky in the draw and I don't know what to send with my country so I decide to switch my country with other interested people.

Of course you can switch your countries as much as you want, there's no limit about it, so, everyone can do it until they get a new country in the draws if that person has run out of ideas.

This is just my opinion and i'm translating the previous similar idea which was proposed some editions ago and what people said about it. But I want to hear everyone else's opinions :)

I don't know if I explained myself correctly >.< haha
2108 days 14 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Thanks for the reply Alex. :)

I know we can switch, but when I have posted it no one seems to love the idea of having Estonia. When I have tried the draws in the past, I have been unsuccessful. It almost has got to the point where I stay with Estonia because it is easier than going through that process each time.

Having even a 1 contest swap every five editions would be cool.

We also had another idea where everyone who wanted to swap would be put into a pool and get a random country from that list. So people like you who want to keep your country will be happy and others who would like a change every contest or so.
2108 days 14 hours ago
Alexito
I know that some people posted that they wanted to swap countries and got no reply, but I think you just have to try privately and ask straight to those people whose countries are the ones you are interested in.

Your second idea is way better, imo. I guess (based in all of you and your opinions and the time I spent with all of you) that idea of swapping countries would gather 10-15 people at most, maybe I'm wrong, of course lol. Therefore, only the interested ones would swap among them and they other wouldn't feel forced to do it. That would be fair enough.
2108 days 14 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Well I didn't come up with that independently, Alex (Croatia) mentioned something like that. I'm glad you like that idea, I think it may be too late for the next contest, but in the future is that something you could see the other users enjoying too?
2108 days 13 hours ago
Alexito
Oh, yes I know you didn't come up independently, I'm answering you in name of all those who helped with the idea haha.

As you say, maybe it's too late for the upcoming edition but I don't see why not in future editions. By the way, I created a thread in the other forum moving your proposal just to know most of the opinions as we usually do.

I'm thinking about possible scenarios that could potentially creat conflicts as almost every edition I have to deal with conflicts and I can't avoid asking me what would happen if... I will post them later ;)
2108 days 11 hours ago
Alexito
So, what would happen if a participant who wants to be part of the swap group, is not interested in swaping anymore at some point, specially if he gets a good country like United Kingdom??

I mean, maybe some people would stop swaping until they get a good country, leaving the rest with not so good countries... That would annoy the rest of them, right? Would a person have the right to keep a country and stop swaping if he's in that group, or he would have to leave it and apply for the regular free countries draws??
2108 days 10 hours ago
adeleadele
Hmm i think they have the right to keep the country. I have had lithuania since ESCT26 i believe and even though it does not have a good music industry i can still get decent results.

UK and other big countries have flopped in the past so i don't think it matters

open group

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!