This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Survivor Croatia Jury Questioning

Topic » Survivor Croatia Jury..

1068 days 20 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
*Final Two Walk In*

Welcome Austin G. & Ben. Congratulations on making it this far. Nobody can say you don’t deserve to be here.

Welcome to final tribal council. We’ll now bring in the members of our Jury, Seth, Austin T, Lake, Patrick, Rohan, Jay, & Tyler voted out last tribal.

Austin G. & Ben, you two have gone as far as you possibly can in this game, lasting 39 virtual days and roughly 2 weeks of real life days. You've oitwit, outplayed, and outlasted 14 other players to make it here.

You've had a hand in the last 7 eliminations. They formed the Jury.

But now power shifts to them and they will decide who wins this game.

Here's how it'll work.

Finalists, you may make an opening speech. The Jury can question you or make statements as much as they'd like.

When satisfied, they will vote for the WINNER of the Survivor 52: Barbados and the 300 T$ prize that goes with it.

Jury, when you vote give a REASON WHY.

You have 48 hours. If more time is needed, it'll be given.

With that, we shall begin. Good Luck!
1068 days 20 hours ago
Spinner554
So I'll just highlight key points about my game in snippets; shouldn't be "too" too long. If you have any further questions or need anymore clarification about any aspects of the game I played, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you. That includes if any further detail is needed about a specific round, challenge, tribal, decision, or any instance whatsoever!

Pre merge was really just a clusterfuck if we're all honest. I found myself in an alliance with Tris, Tyler, Lake, and Austin T. I ended up aligning with Austin heavily and all the others slightly, but I spoke with others here and there as well; namely Jay. (Also RIP Lincoln, gone too soon). I just did really well in all the team challenges and hardly had to go to tribal. Even when my tribe lost, I put forth a strong performance. Physically, pre merge I was very good.

Tris was cut at 10 and that was when I first lost trust in Lake. Not for making the move, but for not including me. I talked to most people on the merge tribe, though not as much with Seth/Rohan and Patrick to an extent. Beyond that, I spoke with everyone pretty extensively. I even managed to get Jay to send me off at merge because I knew I would be safe on exile. That's a big highlight of my social game.

I lost Austin at the double which brings us to the most pivotal point in the game for my strategic game. Aligning with Ben who was on the outs. Ben NEEDED saving. At this point I had 2 idols, one from finding one with my idol clues at the auction and one from getting an item copy as a hidden item at the auction and choosing an idol. I knew I could use those idols at 2 of the three (5/6/7) tribals to keep myself safe....but I felt at the bottom of the alliance and needed to shake things up. At this point I had a good relationship with Tyler and brought him in on the plan with Ben, and I saved Ben and idoled out Lake. This is a big instance of my strategic game and Ben needing me.

Final 6 was the only tribal where I was vulnerable for the whole post merge, but I did tell a few people I had an idol just so the votes would not come against me. Unfortunately, some did. These were the only votes cast against me that counted the whole game...and I still managed to use my social game to convince Tyler (who was playing the middle) to side with us and use his double vote. He did, and we had majority. This was the only tribal post merge where I wasn't immune.

Final 5, I knew I was safe because I had the idol. Ben was my #1 ally at this point because he was the only one who had stayed loyal to me....though I never REALLY gave him a chance to go against me, he needed me. The majority of the votes fell on me and yet I managed to use my second correct idol play of the season and save myself.

At 4, I won immunity. Managed to convince Tyler to vote with us to take out Jay.

At 3, I won immunity again. The only person to win multiple immunities this season. At this point in the season is the only time I had to break a promise and lie, as I did tell Tyler I would take him. I felt bad, but I do feel like besides me he played the best game this season and therefore I didn't want to have to make my case against him.

All in all, loyalty was everything to me this season. I feel like I played a really open game and everyone knew where my loyalties lay; and yet, I was able to make it here to the end with only a blemish or two on my record. The biggest takeaway is that you can play an honest game and still make the correct strategic moves to take yourself deep into the game. Strategically, I made the correct move for myself at almost every corner. Socially, I for the most part knew where allegiances lay and was kind and honest with every other player. Physically, I dominated the end game when I needed to win out to make it here.

I feel as though there was nothing else I could've done to prove myself to you, the jury. I was able to outwit, outlast, and outplay all of you. I truly believe I deserve your vote to win. I'm happy to take any questions you may have.

Thank you.
1068 days 20 hours ago
benp428
Hello everyone!
First off I’d like to thank Christopher Stoner for being an alright host :p I know how tough it is.
And Austin ,my guy, we killed this shit GL
And to the jury and other players thank you for making this a fun season!
Now about my game. So in the first immunity challenge there was some miscommunication within the tribe which caused us to lose and some people getting heated. This is when I began connecting with Austin because we both were pissed about how that challenge ended up. Sadly Drew quit. He was someone I was really close with so yeah :/
Alright well I literally did not go to a single tribal council until Final 10. I really wasn’t socializing much because like I was safe so I wasn’t stressing. But not going to a single tribal may not seem as good as you all think. When it was time for my first tribal everyone had previous connections from old tribes and were in chats etc. Me, I was alone. I didn’t talk any game with anyone on this tribe previously so I knew it was going to be rough.

FINAL 10
I got onto a tribe with Tyler, Lake, Rohan, and Tris. Tyler was my F2 day 1. He was the only one I really fully trusted in this game and our games together worked perfectly.
Nobody knew me and Tyler were friends and we were both positioned on opposite “sides.”
In previous games Lake and I have become sort of rivals. We literally always gun for each other in games so I knew he was going to be an issue here.
Tris and I used to be close but in our last few games he’s taken me out, so I saw it coming again.
Then Rohan and I are boys but I assume he was better connected with others on our tribe.
So my plan was to vote Tris because I knew he was going to gun for me. I begin talking to Tyler about the plan and eventually he warns me that I’m in trouble.
This was about 30-60 minutes before tribal. So I didn’t want anyone to know Tyler was the mole, so what I did was message both Lake and Tris separately.
I told Lake that Tris admitted to telling me I was the vote, then we made a truce. And for Tris, I made it seem like he admitted to voting me without saying it lol.. Idk how to explain it better but it was good.
Then not 100% that I had the votes I send a paragraph to Tyler talking about how I’m using my idol tonight and all that BS, and I told him to leak it to everyone…
5 minutes later I find out they all changed their votes to Tris. If I didn’t do all that I was going home….

FINAL 9/8
First off we had the auction, my goal was collect as many advantages as possible, but there were too many people bidding for me to accomplish this. So I changed my plan and went for immunity, and luckily won. Thankfully I had this immunity because we had double urn tribal, and if I didn’t have it I feel I could have went home…
So this tribal woke me up.. I knew Austin and Barbra were getting votes on urn 1, which sucked cus I love both of em, so I placed my immunity on urn 2… I locked in my vote on Patrick in Urn 2 as that was the only name I was being told. I tried spreading it around, but it didn’t work… Then we got to the revote and I voted Patrick again hoping to save my allies, but sadly Austin went.

FINAL 7
Well after being left out of the vote and watching 2 of my allies get sent packing, I had to make some adjustments. I had formed strong connections with Austin and Tyler so I knew they’d have my back. Out of nowhere Austin pms me, “Yo I got 2 idols.” That shit was so funny. Anyways Tyler was able to tell us that the votes were going to be on me which caused Austin to use an idol on me negating 4 votes….. The best part of this tribal is Lake used 2 idols shards thinking it was only me and Austin, but nobody knew ab my strong connection with Tyler which gave us majority on a 1-0 vote. When asked who flipped on their side, I said Jay ;)

FINAL 6
Tyler wins that stupid luck comp, and with the merge idol back hidden we knew it was a must find. Tyler shared the clue of being an odd season with us. Thats irrelevant for rn tho. For the vote we had myself, Austin, and Tyler with Tyler’s extra vote, so no matter what we were chilling. I was also able to pull in the homie Rohan over to vote with us. Boring day tbh

FINAL 5
Okay so Jay wins immunity and our trio is panicking cus we don’t want him getting the idol. So Jay told us his clues were 1. Even season 2. Before hidden immunity idols.. So like we knew it was an odd season from Tylers clue, but we believe the second one. This narrowed us down to like 7 seasons and we all took our guesses. Tyler runs to my PMs telling me he found the idol :) Good week. So I was feeling kinda cutthroat and I do feel bad ab this but its funny af. But I message Rohan and basically warned him he was getting votes and I gave him a fake immunity idol. I did this so Rohan wasn’t stressing about the vote and trying to get others to make a move. So we had a pretty chill day, Austin used his idol, Tyler used his idol, Rohan used the fake idol and went home lol.

FINAL 4
Going into this immunity I know Austin and Tyler are both taking me to Final 2, so the only person standing in my way was Jay. This competition was perfect because it allowed us to kinda team up on Jay leading to Austin winning immunity. Tyler and Austin were both in my pms saying “You sure he’s not voting you.” It was funny because they both offered me a F2 :) Anyways I knew I was chilling and Jay got sent packing.

FINAL 3
Well this immunity challenge was fucking terrible, I submitted the answer (well thought I did) and basically yeah. Austin wins and I new he was gonna take me obvi. I do wish I was in the end with Tyler cus thats my homie, but ill take this :)

Anyways good game everyone!
I worked my ass of this game. I didn’t go to a tribal until Final 10 and was forced to scramble and make late connections. I was able to mist people out of voting me and convince others to save me. I was a target for almost every tribal I went to, and came out alive. My game speaks for itself. I created relationships which gave me crucial intel I was able to use for my advantage and take out my targets. I ended up creating the perfect position for me in the end to guarantee I would be sitting here.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Goodluck Austin!
Thank you<3
1068 days 20 hours ago
benp428
Myself and Austin
https://media1.tenor.com/images/44f7657bf2b95d7bb9fd8e2b9074e821/tenor.gif
1068 days 19 hours ago
unkown
For both of u

A. Are you guys friends coming into this game?

B. Who did you guys know coming into this game?

Just curious because Chris casted people who play a lot of group games so I figured a lot of y’all knew each other.
1068 days 19 hours ago
rohanprabhu
Austin- Do you think you had good gameplay or good idol finding cuz to me you only got here with idols
Ben- what's the point in giving me a fake idol when im already 90% sure its fake
1068 days 19 hours ago
benp428
Patrick:

Honestly no. I didn’t really know who he was. He was one of the few people I didn’t know.

I mean I’ve been around for a while so I’ve played with mostly everyone before. I was close with Zach and Drew who I wasn’t able to play with. Then seth who was first juror. Rohan who I’m cool with but we never really were together this game. And Tyler’s been my boy for a few months.
I had poor relationships with both Tris and Lake from prior games so I had to play around that.
Then for people like you, both Austin’s, jay are all people I’ve seen around the site maybe talked to briefly but no real connections.

The only pregame friendship I had that really come into play was with Tyler. Nobody knew how close we were and he was feeding me the intel I needed to pull off my moves.
1068 days 19 hours ago
benp428
Rohan:
Ben- what's the point in giving me a fake idol when im already 90% sure its fake

Honestly
1. Because I was bored and thought it’d be funny
2. To avoid you trying to scramble for extra votes. I just wanted a smooth and easy day.
1068 days 19 hours ago
Spinner554

No. Didn’t know him at all really.

I literally just knew Julian and Lincoln...that was it. I knew no one from the jury before this game.
1068 days 19 hours ago
Spinner554
Austin- Do you think you had good gameplay or good idol finding cuz to me you only got here with idols

I see where you’re coming from, and idols were definitely a big part of my game. But it’s what I did with the idols that made the gameplay good. I didn’t have to save Ben at the final 7 with my idol. I could’ve just saved my idol, saved myself at the final 6 and 5, and then won out at 4 and 3 like I did anyways. I still would’ve ended up here, just with a different path. The way I was able to convince Jay to send me to exile, guaranteeing my safety, was another great game move. I was only eligible to receive votes once post merge, and it was the relationships I built with Ben (and Tyler) through the usage of my idol on Ben that gave me the freedom to make moves that would set me up for the future.

I could understand saying I only got here with idols, but at the end of the day I only used one idol on myself, and I managed to read the room and use it correctly. The other idol I used as a bargaining chip to create bonds that would get me to where I am now.

I mean, the same could be said of Ben who NEEDED me to use my idol on him or he would’ve been gone. If I don’t idol out Lake, I still make it to the final 4 by using both the idols and then win out and make it here. Ben needed me, and I didn’t need him. So the idols were helpful for safety, but it’s how I used them that really highlights my strategic and social game.
1068 days 19 hours ago
abstractjay
first of all, kudos to y’all for making it this far. i don’t hold any grudges, nor do i resent you for making the moves you did. you did what you had to do and at the end of the day, you’re there and i’m not and i accept my loss. moving on to my questions.

Austin, what was your intent on working with me? i feel like i’ve never been in your circle from what you wrote, even from the pre-merge and i would’ve honestly been cut so much earlier than 4th.

Ben, you literally didn’t talk to me until the auction and even with that convo, it lasted for like a few minutes. i wasn’t able to connect with you at all. i would like to know what your biggest move in this game was, because i felt like you’ve been riding coattails this entire game.

good luck, final 2
1068 days 19 hours ago
Spinner554
Austin, what was your intent on working with me? i feel like i’ve never been in your circle from what you wrote, even from the pre-merge and i would’ve honestly been cut so much earlier than 4th.

I genuinely would’ve taken you to the end if I felt like you would’ve done the same, but I could tell you were with others who did not have my best intentions in mind. It just seemed like you were never willing to commit to being a close ally of mine; we always voted differently than one another. But I really did want to work far with you. I really didn’t get a chance to have anyone work WITH me. Even Ben didn’t have my best interests at heart. So there was just a moment of realization where I was like; I have to look out for me and I can be honest with other people through that. So I played my game and was honest and still made it here. There’s something to be said for that.
1068 days 17 hours ago
Tbart
Big congrats to both of you. Both played good games in your own way.

Austin- In your speech you mentioned a lot of moves and decisions that people made including myself and almost made it out to be completely your own. Sure it helped you, but my moves were my moves. What were your big moves you made that did not involve me being a significant factor in the plan?

Ben- We're close but you still gotta earn my vote. You may have been booted earlier had I not warned you. I'm curious as to if there was anything you kept secret from me this game? Be honest, no worries.

Congrats again and good luck to you both!!
1068 days 17 hours ago
Spinner554
Austin- In your speech you mentioned a lot of moves and decisions that people made including myself and almost made it out to be completely your own. Sure it helped you, but my moves were my moves. What were your big moves you made that did not involve me being a significant factor in the plan?

The biggest one was idoling out Lake and keeping Ben which ultimately made it easier for me to get here. I already laid out how I would’ve been here regardless had I not done that, but that made my road much easier and clearer. At the end of the day that’s a big reason why getting rid of you was such a big move in and of itself; Ben needed me and you for his game to continue, but you and I didn’t need each other. So taking you out, and clutching those final 2 immunities, as well as idoling out Lake were distinctly my moves that inevitably caused your downfall unfortunately. A lot of people may say that choosing to cut someone at 3 isn’t a move, but it’s a decision I earned the right to make and I truly believe it was the correct one. If I’m sitting next to you here, I’m fully confident I lose. Sitting next to Ben, I think I played the better game; he needed me, I didn’t need him.
1068 days 15 hours ago
crimsonteer
Ben: can you please explain why you made a multi years ago making fun of a derogatory term towards black people.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/44f7657bf2b95d7bb9fd8e2b9074e821/tenor.gif

Austin: I think we all can agree you hid behind the shadows of many people in this game, never making a move for yourself. Saving ben twice but never being able to do anything for yourself it’s almost as if Ben carried you here while you did his dirty work, thoughts on that?
1068 days 14 hours ago
benp428
Jay:
Ben, you literally didn’t talk to me until the auction and even with that convo, it lasted for like a few minutes. i wasn’t able to connect with you at all. i would like to know what your biggest move in this game was, because i felt like you’ve been riding coattails this entire game.

Alright so I came into my first tribal council at Final 10 and my back was immediately against the wall. I had Lake and Tris gunning for me, and I was the only one without previous tribal relationships. So I went straight to work, I was able to make Lake think that Tris had leaked their vote to me (when it was really tyler). Then still hearing I'm getting votes I came up with a plan which I sent Tyler a paragraph describing a fake plan of me using an idol. And i had him leak this to everyone. This forced everyone to get scared I'd use an idol and switch their votes to Tris.

open group

Survivor 54: Kiribati

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!