This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Coyote Episode 1: "Jumping the Gun"

Topic » Coyote Episode 1:..

1633 days 5 hours ago
RyanAndrews
Date: 19th of October, 2019
Episode: Jumping the Gun

--
31st of October, Halloween 1986 (Thirty-three years ago)
Outskirts of Red Canyon

Three boys all lined up looking up at the canyon. It's formidable size forcing them to crane their necks. They all took a deep breath, casting one look over their shoulders and walked towards the canyon.

The youngest paused. "I don't know about this," he said.

"Shut up," growled the oldest, "I want to see what this dumb town's so scared about."

The youngest bowed his head in resignation and the three of them continued on, the town now in the distance. They'd made the escape, there was no finding them now. They'd be in the canyon by the time they realised they weren't in the town.

When the boys went into the canyon one of them never came back and the other two were never the same.

--
19th of October, 2019 (Present Day)
Mayer household

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f383e496cc3180e68136188a37f7677c/tumblr_n5n9m8dMtU1qi2twuo4_250.gif

Tucker Mayer looks down at his daughter as she sits ashamedly at the dining table. His wife, Pandora Mayer, is standing across from the dining table holding a large wine bottle. She waves it in Rooney's face to get a reaction out of her.

"Answer me, girl!" Pandora screams, slamming the wine bottle on the table, seething with rage.

"I was sneaking it out for a friend," Rooney responds glumly. She doesn't look up at Pandora who's coming close to ripping her hair out.

"Sneaking it out for a friend!" Pandora repeats in disbelief. "Rooney. You're grounded-"

"No," Tucker interjects, sternly, but softly. "We don't want people thinking badly of her," he says. "Rooney, you've got to clean yourself up, I'm letting you off." Pandora looks at her husband alarmed.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/85fb6ee59278cf2d1299dca142d03933/tumblr_nhs5ugDo9T1rx5ueio4_r2_250.gif

"We need to punish her Tucker!"

"We will." Tucker clears his throat. "Load her up with as much homework as you like." Rooney looks at her dad with a face of loathing. She goes to protest but a wave from Tucker's hand lets her know she's better off not arguing. It's final.

"I'll give her as much homework as I possibly can," Pandora says sinisterly.

Tucker grabs his Sherrif's badge of the counter, pins it to his shirt, holsters his gun, and gives his wife a perfunctory kiss on the cheek before stepping out of their house and onto the desert street.

--
19th of October, 2019
Streets of Red Canyon

Life is bustling in Red Canyon and the big eye of the sun burns down on the necks of the people as they mingle around in the farmer's market. Tucker steps out into the street and joins the crowd. He nods to his deputy, Dallas Rhodes.

A girl stumbles and drops a couple of her lemons at Dallas's feet. He bends over and picks them up for her. Mari Daly shyly takes them back and says thanks to him. She skips past the Tully stall that is selling Mrs Tully's famous soup. Ben Tully sits impatiently in the stall bouncing his leg.

Lorelei March approaches the Tully stall as Mrs Tully directs her attention to the better assortments of soup. She's not interested, because her eyes are drawn to Colt McGrady who stacks up crates for Zoey's Diner.

Phoebe Reed pries open one of the crates and her eyes ogle at the stacks of meat inside. She is shoved aside by the diner's chef as he loads up the packs of meat for the hamburgers. She rolls her eyes and looks at Poppy O'Neill as she waits impatiently for the Zoey's Diner stall to get underway.

Poppy is then jostled in the crowd. Angrily, she turns around and sees Cameron Tyler who raises her eyebrow as if challenging her. Poppy turns back around to the stall. Cameron continues on until she slaps a dollar bill onto one of the stalls.

Oliver Serrano looks up from his newspaper and slides over some milk to Cameron. He groans as she walks away shuffling his papers again. He steps out, putting up a "be back later" sign as his shoulder connects with Charlotte Irwin.

Charlotte grabs some lemons and buys them off a shopkeeper. The street is completely blocked off by the farmer's market. She waves kindly to Serena Kopala as she leads her son Jesse through the market.

Harmony Frost watches Serena and her son, spying the small town. She looks over to the museum a disgusted look on her face, but her eyes scan over and land on Delaney Miller as she stands alone with her parents, arms crossed.

Someone hands something to Delaney's parents; it is Elai Ruckarck. He hands them a newspaper, a new edition of Karissa Kole's newspaper. Karissa looks up from her newly printed newspaper and smiles as her eyes follow Roddy Martinez.

Roddy runs through the market, accidentally bumping into Kai Hibbard. He mutters a sorry and keeps running. Kai sighs and nods quickly to Marcy Marie Metropolis in passing. Marcy gives a pointed look to Georgia Cline as she fans herself, Georiga returns the look with a smirk.

Griffin watches the exchange as he stops by at the Tully stand, it's empty at the moment and Eddie Montas is looking at their soups, not entirely interested. Griffin decides to step in for the Tully's.

Cordelia Langhorn struts down the road, passing the Tully stall shouldering Will Rochester. Will grunts and he looks at the church, then down to the outside to Orlando.

Orlando takes a drag of his cigarette as he catches Will's eye. Will turns away.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/738a270962ff0dc2580f72ffee621997/tumblr_inline_pjk1s77Tj71uvjxgr_250.gif

"Did you get it?" he says icily.

Rooney stands over him, her arms across her chest. "No. I didn't."

--

Welcome to the first episode of "Coyote"! I hope you are all excited, enjoy these openers for now ;).

Currently, everyone is milling around at the farmer's market. Do what you like, interact with whomever, and don't think there is a barrier between those older characters. Everyone knows everyone. And remember! You're all homeschooled by your parents unless you've specified otherwise (e.g. you're tutored with someone else's parents) so there shouldn't really be any mention of "school" if you get what I mean.

Mind you, this is an acclimation episode, to get everyone in their feet and find where they stand with certain characters. So plot-wise: it'll be light.

Enjoy!

(The episode will begin on the 1st of November at 5 PM EST, hope to see you all there.)
1631 days 7 hours ago
RyanAndrews
(You may post now)
1631 days 7 hours ago
Finnick
*Drinks soup like Coffee*
1631 days 7 hours ago
Symmetry888
Poppy's trying to eat an apple like a horse at the farmer's market.
1631 days 7 hours ago
RyanAndrews
Ben: *returns back to his stall excitedly.*

Mrs Tully: Ben, be careful!

Ben: *knocks over one of Mrs Tully's soups. It smashes.*
1631 days 7 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
*orlando is enjoying a cigarette like its a cigarette*
1631 days 7 hours ago
RyanAndrews
Rooney: *takes a deep breath, smooths her clothes down and sits next to Orlando defeatedly*
1631 days 7 hours ago
Symmetry888
She tosses the core at Orlando's big head. "Hey Orlando! Did you ever get the drinks off of... Romaine lettuce?"
1631 days 7 hours ago
Symmetry888
She pauses awkwardly realizing Rooney is right there. "Hey hey, Ramen noodle?"
1631 days 7 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
*orlando glares atpoppy as hes hit*
“No she didn;t get it. It’s fine though I’llfigure something else out”
*he offers his cigarette to rooney+
1631 days 7 hours ago
Finnick
*Eddie looks around, nearly choking on a noodle as he sips his soup*
1631 days 7 hours ago
RyanAndrews
Rooney: *blinks at Poppy* Rooney. *takes the cigarette off Orlando and takes a drag. Hacks a cough*
1631 days 7 hours ago
Ajathekween
*Mari looking around and waves at Orlando*
1631 days 7 hours ago
RyanAndrews
Ben: *smacks Eddie on his back because he got kicked out of the stall by his mother* You're not dying, are you?
1631 days 7 hours ago
Symmetry888
Poppy plops down on Orlando's other side unbothered. "Try making moonshine in your bathtub. I did once and I almost died. I think I heard god. It sounded kind of like William Shatner." She waves at Eddie.
1631 days 7 hours ago
RyanAndrews
Rooney: Who's William Shitner?

open group

Coyote

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!