This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Cold Cases: Story Two, Chapter 1

Topic » Cold Cases: Story Two, Chapter..

2135 days 7 hours ago
RyanAndrews
Date: December 21st, 2017 (Winter Break)
Chapter: “The Twin Tragedy”

November 6th, 2017, 3:14 PM − Three Lakes Forest

Joy and Jordan Brooks hike through the rough terrain of the Three Lakes Forest, Jordan is visually uncomfortable and keeps looking over his shoulder as if someone was following them. Periodically he would look at his watch as if expecting something to happen at a certain time.
          “Will you stop looking at that damn watch of yours? And looking over your shoulder too, it’s annoying and creeping me the fuck out.” Joy groans, pushing on ahead of him.
          “Are you and Nathaniel together?” Jordan asked cautiously.
          “Uh, no we’re no. Why’d you think that?” Joy clears her throat.
          “Just a rumor going around,” Jordan says. Stopping momentarily.
          Joy stops too, looking over her shoulder, “Seriously? Are you that paranoid? Fucking hell Jordan, I don’t know what happened to you or why you’re acting this way, but it’s annoying me.” Joy scoffs.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/bd2065dbb73e74c81a29c4837cc5d45a/tumblr_nsl2iroM9N1qa7ubto1_250.gif
         Joy turns around to continue before reaching a platform and leans over the railing, looking over the trees and seeing the three lakes that perimeter Three Lakes; Lake Ulrich, Lake Rutherford, and Lake Jevan.
        “How do you reckon they got their names?” Asked Jordan.
        “Pardon?”
        “The lakes. How’d they name them.” Jordan reiterated, elaborating.
        “Oh, it was something about brothers. I don’t know,” Joy smiles lightly. “I’m bored. Let’s continue up.”
        Joy turns around and keeps following the track. Jordan’s ears prick up and he turns around upon hearing a branch snap. He sees nothing in the bushes but continues on.
Moments later there’s a scream, and the unfolding events are left unknown. Just a lot of missing blood and missing twins.

December 11th, 2017, 7:45 AM − Westbay River

A group of whitewater rafters, prepare their raft before sailing down Westbay River, maneuvering past obstacles such as branches, rocks, and dips. After finishing up their session they dock up their raft and dismantle the masterpiece.
        “Good session everyone, see you tomorrow morning. Expect it to be chillier, however, winter’s coming.” He chuckles because all of them are Game of Thrones geeks. Nerds.
One of the younger rafters, a girl called Millie, goes up to fill her water bottle before noticing some decomposing, frozen skin passing on down by her.
Millie screams, hysterically. The older ones of the group run over to see what’s the cause of the commotion before someone notices a body, frozen and battered caught on a giant branch.
“Sweet mother of God.” A man cursed, Millie’s father.

December 11th, 2017, 10:19 AM − Morgue

Ainsley Brooks is lead through the double doors into the morgue as the coroner holds a clipboard. They start explaining the cause of death to Ainsley; several stab wounds across the chest, lacerations around the neck − presumably barbed wire − and a gunshot wound to the face.
        “Are you sure about this?” Private Investigator Chandler Parks ask the one who lead her through into the morgue, tightening his grip around her shoulders for moral support. She nods.
        The coroner removes the white sheet showing the face, the dead, frozen face of Joy Brooks. Ainsley breaks into a hysterical fit, eyes streaming down her face as she leans into Chandler’s chest and he rubs her back.
        The coroner puts the white sheet back over her face and shoves the body back into its place and closing the door and latching it shut.
August 23rd, 2017, 7:34 PM − 10:59 PM

Jordan paced back and forth outside on the Osbourne’s front porch, periodically checking his watch. Soon enough, Kelsie stepped out onto the porch with him.
        “Jordan, it’s getting late, what are you doing here?”
        “Something’s going on, a big plot and I’m scared,” Jordan said looking around as if someone is watching him.
        “How could you be so sure?”
        “Because I just know! Kelsie, I’m scared.” Jordan said, his eyes watering.
        “Scared of what? I need more information if I’m going to help you, Jords.” Kelsie said crossing her arms.
        “I’m sorry, this was a mistake,” Jordan says.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/f62f604e7f0d1a496542593679f41469/tumblr_p0gc489hNP1wgfw7do9_500.gif
        Before Kelsie could respond to anything, Jordan leaped off her front porch and dashed back home.
        “Weird,” Kelsie says going back inside.

December 11th, 2017, 9:56 AM − Three Lakes High School

Principal Danica Westbay shifts uncomfortably in her seat as Deputy Ryan Vermin and Sheriff Dick Minage and she feared the worst. They had come to bring the bad news. Whatever it was about the twins it was going to bring the press. But she isn’t someone who goes by the line “any publicity, is good publicity,” because she wants the school in the limelight for its good graces. Not it's tragedies.
        “Sheriff, Deputy, may I help you?”
Ryan fiddled with his pencil. “Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Mrs. Westbay. But unfortunately, this morning, one of your students, Joy Brooks, was found,” said Sheriff Minage
        “Unfortunately?”
        “Her body was found in the Westbay River. We’d like for you to announce it to the school.”
        “I don’t think that’s appropriate protocol, Deputy.”
        “These are her mother’s wishes. She said Joy would’ve wanted this.”
https://78.media.tumblr.com/039ee9fedb9f95c34e27994fca4aefa3/tumblr_inline_nphy5l9WVP1sq6an0_250.gif
        Danica nods and obediently complies by reaching over to the microphone that sat to her right on her desk and press the button that sent a static blear through the school before she spoke.
        “I am sad to bring you some unfortunate and devastating news. This morning, one of our very own, Joy Brooks, as you know who has been missing for a good month has been discovered dead. More information on her death will be released later. Thank you, Three Lakes, school is dismissed for the day.” Danica lifted her finger off of the button and sighed.
        Nathaniel sat in his AP Biology class staring at his book in utter shock. “S-she’s dead?”

In this episode:
Currently: Everyone is free to do their own thing
Tonight (for Students): Kelsie’s Annual Christmas Party (7:00 PM EST, 6:00 PM CST)
Tonight (for FBI and Deputies): Drinks at the Cruiser (7:00 PM EST, 6:00 PM CST)
Tomorrow: Town Fair (7:00/8:00 PM EST)
Note: It is public knowledge that Joy is dead, it has been over a month since the announcement and her discovery. Jordan remains missing. Please stick to your respective groups (FBI, Deputies, Students)

(Posting to begin on Thursday 24th of May, 5:00 PM EST, 4:00 PM CST)
2134 days 23 hours ago
Pokepat
(i was going to post my gif again but i'll just post a simple 'yay')
2134 days 13 hours ago
RyanAndrews
(You may begin posting)
2134 days 13 hours ago
RyanAndrews
*high school students are at home or at a friend's getting ready for Kelsie's Christmas party in the next hour*

*deputies and FBI agents are finishing up and clocking out of work for the day and heading over to the Cruiser for drinks; on the Sheriff*
2134 days 13 hours ago
Maya10
Does some yoga in my room-
2134 days 13 hours ago
Rain848
https://media1.giphy.com/media/jfaUXiK9ZDJhS/giphy.gif

Yea Cindy he told me to give him head and I didn’t because that’s your man you know I got you. I’ll talk to you later

*She hangs up*

Totally gave him head
2134 days 13 hours ago
Noxity
Natalie lays in her bed texting in a random group chats

"Dinner before the party anyone?"
2134 days 13 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
*alec is already ready he’s in sweatpants and a hoodie he sits on his porch with his hood up*
^christmas is so stupid. I hate it. It’s just an excuse for my parents to bug me even more....^
2134 days 13 hours ago
Mitsuki
*Olivia is camped out in her motel room; an array of papers, photographs and scraps of notes displayed both on the bed and walls.*
*She exhales before speaking.*
Break time Liv...
*She quickly gets up and walks outside; standing just outside the door and lighting a cigarette.*
2134 days 13 hours ago
Symmetry888
Monica gathers her things and walks out of the building, heading over towards her car. "Drinks on me, he says. I've got a son to take care of. He's getting ready for some big party. I have to make sure he has a ride there." She shakes her head and gets into the car, starting her drive home.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/64c9e9245a664d7d1d8c6cc3759ed8fc/tumblr_o3gwf0GyP21svfiimo6_540.gif
2134 days 13 hours ago
RyanAndrews
*Kelsie is in a hurry to organize and set everything up*

*Chandler takes a bottle of vodka to his motel room, all prepared for the drinking tonight*
2134 days 13 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
Shannon leaves and gets into his car. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a badass cigar and starts smoking. He pulls out of the parking lot, and starts driving

“Hey Siri. . . Call mother”

He continues to drive as he waits for his mom to answer
2134 days 13 hours ago
Pokepat
Ryan shuts off his phone, walking through the office to the door.
2134 days 13 hours ago
Finnick
*Rose gets ready for the party, she is wearing a tight skirt and a top that shows off her sizable midriff and baby bump*

Can't wait to have fun with my girl!

*She rubs her belly*
2134 days 13 hours ago
Noxity
(JUST KIDDING OLIVIA ISNT A STUDENT!!!)
2134 days 13 hours ago
Rain848
*Walks out of her house seeing Alec Across the street*

EMO KID GUESS WHAT

open group

Coyote

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!