This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Cold Cases: Story One, Chapter Three

Topic » Cold Cases: Story One, Chapter..

2341 days 5 hours ago
RyanAndrews
Episode Three.

>< <> >< 26th November, 8:00 AM >< >< ><

Lana startles awake, tubes entering her skin, in a hospital gown; in a hospital room. Her mother, Jackie, sat snoozing away in the brown chair sitting in the corner of the room. Leaning on her hand which was propped up on the arm rest.
     She laid back down and stared at the ceiling. Recollecting all of the memories of what happened.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/ce2dd22dd88427c29139de9d20071ee2/tumblr_inline_mymoljiNaU1qc3261.gif
     Jackie shot up awake, she looks at Lana with utter surprise. Getting up and hugging her tight. She cries into her daughter’s shoulder before pulling back and wiping her tears; mascara running.
     “How long have I been out for?” Lana frowns trying to get out of bed.
     “Honey, don’t move! You need your rest,” Jackie says, setting Lana back down.
     “Nearly two weeks,” Jackie chokes on her words, glad to see that her daughter is alive and breathing.
     “Who did this to me?” Lana says.
     “Police have no suspects as of yet, but, you should just stay in bed and wait to you fully recover,” Jackie smiles before heading out of the room and in comes a pile of friends. Some randoms from school that are entirely irrelevant to the plot and should fuck off soon, just here to make Lana seem popular, and Greer, Jodie, Jackson, Yuna & Sally, and Natalia and Beck who were with Jackson and there for moral support.
      Lana smiled as everyone gave her gifts and their wishes and as the room diminished until it was Jodie standing in the corner of the room, staring sternly as she feels the need to protect Lana as Jackie talks with a doctor outside. Jackson looks out the window as Greer sits on the end of her bed, the two are smiling and laughing talking about what she missed.
     Eventually, after the doctor departed, so did Jodie. She went out to have a chat with Lana’s mother. Someone she felt needed reprimanding.
     “It was so funny! He fell flat on his face!” Greer chuckles, Lana stifled a laugh as Jackson remained silent, Lana turned to him.
      “Jackson? What’s wrong?” Lana pouts as Jackson turns around, his face contorted in all sorts of emotions.
      “Why is it...one day my friend is arrested and the next my other one is shot...is someone targeting me for some reason?” Jackson said ominously.
      “Gross. No need to get all sentimental on us. But… I think it’s just a coincidence… David has been a prim--” before Greer could finish, she is cut off by Jackson.
     “Someone was setting him up! And I bet you the same person shot Lana! I’ve been digging through places with both Lana and David! If they’re not after me, I’m next on the hitlist,” Jackson cried.
     Greer just sat there awkwardly amongst the silence, Lana grabbed his hand, “Don’t overthink it Jackson. If you want. You can stay in my room tonight.” Lana said as sweetly as possible, but Jackson just pulled away and stormed off.
     Meanwhile, outside Jackie and Jodie’s conversation continued.
     “The reason your daughter got shot was because you don’t have a tighter leash on her!”
     “Are you telling *me* how to mother?! Because last time I checked, I’m the one who pushed a fucking human being out of my vagina!” Jackie screamed in retaliation.
     “Pushing a human being out of your vagina doesn’t mean you’re a mother! A mother is someone who protects their daughter at all costs! They’d jump in front of the bullet for them!” Jodie hollers.
     “I didn’t see you trying to save *my* daughter!” Jackie fumed.
     “No, I didn’t. Because she isn’t mine. She’s yours. Had you been much more stricter and not let her out on her own so early in the morning, she would’ve been fine!”
     “It was six am! So what? It’s nice and early, plus, I was asleep!” Jackie cried.
     “I see her moping around time all the fucking time! She’s always on her own, even at times she shouldn’t be! She wouldn’t of left had she felt the need to ask you because you don’t enforce these rules on her! Rules to keep her safe! Your daughter could die!”
      Jackie got enough of Jodie’s parental instincts and moody attitude so she swung her purse and smacked Jodie across the face; pissing her off. Jodie has flashbacks to her fights in the ring, Jodie Watson being broadcasted everywhere, everything she ever remembered as a boxer came back. No more hiding, she thought.
     Jodie sent one punch cracking into Jackie’s jaw, in slow motion it appeared as if a tooth may have fallen out, it was probably her saliva. The punch sent Jackie skidding across the floor causing doctors all over to check out the commotion. Security reprimanded Jodie and sent her to the police station.
     “What was that?” Lana said, trying to get out of her bed, the wall blocking her vision from seeing the commotion outside. As Greer got up to leave, she was stopped as Asher stood in the doorway.
     “Oh. Asher, what a surprise!” Greer stuttered, staring at Asher who held a bouquet of flowers and stood awkwardly in the doorway; he smirks.
     “Greer. How nice to see you,” he winks slightly before stepping into see Lana who was looking out the window, not wanting to look at him. Shame, anger, guilt, sadness, all emotions contorting her face and consuming her. She was “heartbroken”.
      Greer leaves the awkward silence that lingers and heads into the hallway to check out the commotion more thoroughly. Leaving Asher and Lana alone.
     “I thought I’d be polite… y’know because family-”
     “No! We are not family, maybe by blood, but I never in my life would call you my family! You sick fuck!” Lana is infuriated, cutting Asher off.
     “Well, how about just a random act of kindness?” Asher said, his voice strained. He realized it was a bad idea.
      Lana didn’t look at Asher, so all Asher did was slip a photo that he was blackmailed to send and placed it on the dresser at the end of her hospital bed and leaves.

In this episode:
Tonight: A welcome home party for Lana @ her house
Tomorrow: A fire is starting to brew somewhere in Carrington Park
Tuesday: The Blake family start throwing a success party
Note: Jodie will have been released from jail now and David can only be interacted with through the Sherrif's station.

(Posting to begin on Thursday, 9th Nov, 6:00 PM EST, 5:00 PM CST)
2341 days 5 hours ago
RyanAndrews
(You may begin posting)
2341 days 5 hours ago
RyanAndrews
*Lana gets out of the hospital, dressing herself.*
2341 days 5 hours ago
dvs194
*Greer is waiting for Lana outside of the hospital entrance*
2341 days 5 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
*jackson storms off to the park he shakes his head upset*
2341 days 5 hours ago
RyanAndrews
*Lana finally does all that boring paper stuff and walks outside seeing Greer.*
"Hey. Thanks for waiting."
2341 days 5 hours ago
dvs194
*Greer smiles*
Greer: No problem! Where do you wanna go?
2341 days 5 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
*jackson sits on the swing*
^This sucks...... I wanted to help and now my friends and potentially me are indanger...^
2341 days 5 hours ago
RyanAndrews
"To find Jackson if you don't mind."
2341 days 5 hours ago
dvs194
*Greer nods*
Greer: Want to text him?
2341 days 5 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
*he sighs and starts swinging sadly*
^What if my friends get hurt.... I wouldnt forgive myself if that happened....^
2341 days 4 hours ago
Maya10
Jogs down the street, music loud-
2341 days 4 hours ago
Maya10
Stops to see someone by the park. Tilt head and looks-
2341 days 4 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
*jackson has a frown on his face*
^Its too late to turn back though we need to just figure this out fast..^
2341 days 4 hours ago
Maya10
Walks over and notice its jackson- jackson?
2341 days 4 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
*jackson looks at her*
"Oh hi."

open group

Coyote

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!