This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Assignment #1 (DIY)

Topic » Assignment #1 (DIY)

2274 days 18 hours ago
cereal222
Hi, guys! Welcome to sushi smackdown! Here are just a few basic pointers to show how the game works:

1) Every round, I will say what sushi you need to create based on given categories (I.E. vegetarian sushi, sushi for beginners, etc). You will then have to put together a sushi roll and explain why you chose the ingredients you chose and why you think it's a good idea. The person with the least creative or worst dish will be sent home until only one remains! It's all non-live, and each round is 48 hours long :)

2) You can submit words, a picture, or both. The picture can be from the internet lol. Just explain your rationale/logic behind the roll you have created. The person with the worst or least original idea will be sent home.

3) EACH ROUND IS A WHOPPING 48 HOURS LONG. There is no voting, no elimination challenges, no diary room entries. It's just a good old fashioned game that takes minimal effort.
NOW, your first assignment is a DIY sushi project. You can create ANY sushi roll you want using ANY ingredients you want. You can create a handroll, maki roll, sashimi, or any sushi product you choose. Get creative, accessorize them, put side salads, use unusual ingredients. I want you to express yourself :) There is no theme for the round; anything goes as long as you are satisfied with your own work. I will send reminder mails out after 24 and 36 hours to anyone who has not submitted by then.

You will have 50 hours to complete this round, as it is the qualifier. The person with the dish that is the least creative or worst combination of flavours will be sent home. ANYONE who does not submit a sushi roll will be eliminated, and that goes for every round. You have a long time to finish each round, so there are no excuses. If you have any questions, feel free to mail me or post a comment down here. Sushi submissions should be made through tengaged mail, and I would encourage you to share minimal information about your work with other competitors, as to avoid cheating.

GOOD LUCK :)
2274 days 18 hours ago
cereal222
SUSHI ROLLS ARE DUE BY 7:00PM EST ON FEBRUARY 2ND.
2274 days 18 hours ago
aria_grande
Dynamite sushi
Yellowtail and prawn tempura, bean sprouts, carrots, avocado, cucumber, chili, and chilli flakes mayonnaise all in a seaweed boat with a pickled (sherry vinegar) black olive salad with a smoked paprika and lime juice salad dressing

This recipe I actually have done my self and it was really nice because I know that pickled black olives are very nice and support the smoked paprika and lime salad dressing. I also adapted the classic dynamite sushi recipe when I done it and I think this is the dish I need to start with as I know how it tastes
2274 days 18 hours ago
rellizuraddixion
Miso Poppin Roll

Salmon, avacdo, cream cheese hand rolled. With spicy mayo and tempora flakes on top with a chia kimchi purée on the side

This is a miso Poppin roll because I personally have it on days that I feel were amazing because we all know Me So Poppin!
2274 days 17 hours ago
cereal222
You can post your recipe here OR mail it to me, whatever you like ;)
2273 days 22 hours ago
thewolfman
Ingredients
2 cups Japanese rice
Sushi vinegar
8 large shrimps, peeled, cleaned, tail-on and pressed by hand to make them straight.
Salt
Flour
2 eggs, beaten
Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
4 large sheets of nori cut 2/3 size
Black sesame seeds
1 avocado, cut in 8 strips
1/2 hot house cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 4 long strips (the length of nori)
Wasabi paste
Ginger Sauce, recipe follows
Red pepper flakes, for garnish
Sesame Ginger sauce:
2 golf ball-size ginger pieces, peeled and sliced
4 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 tablespoons sushi vinegar
2 to 4 tablespoons water
1/2 lemon, juiced

Directions
Cook the rice ¿ 1 part rice to 2 parts water. This can be done in a rice cooker, steamer, or pot according to package directions. When rice is cooked, spread the rice on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with sushi vinegar. Mix well, but do not break the rice grains. Chill the rice to room temperature.

Heat a deep fryer or a large pot halfway filled with oil to 360 degrees F.

Season the shrimps with salt, dust them with flour, and roll them in eggs then in panko. Fry the breaded shrimps to golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.

Place the nori on a cutting board, spread sushi rice on the back side (non glossy side), sprinkle black sesame seeds over rice. Place the rice side down on a bamboo mat that has been covered with plastic wrap. Place 2 shrimps, 2 strips of avocado, strip of cucumber and some wasabi on the center. Roll. (good luck!) Cut the roll in to 8 pieces (this you need better than just good luck!).

Pour Sesame Ginger sauce on serving plate, then place sushi over the sauce. Sprinkle the sauce with some crushed red pepper flakes.

Sesame Ginger sauce:
Add all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until all solids turn liquid
2273 days 18 hours ago
Kelly0412
MINI CALIFORNIA SUSHI CONE RECIPE
MAKES 6 MINI CONES, SCALE AS NEEDEDPREP TIME: 10 MINUTESACTIVE TIME: 10 MINUTESTOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
2 sheets nori1 cup cooked sushi rice, recipe below
6 shiso leaves
1 Japanese cucumber, seeded and julienned
1/2 avocado, cut sliced
1 cup shredded crab meat (I used fresh dungeness crab)
kewpie mayo, to taste
1 tablespoon tobiko
toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
wasabi, soy sauce, and ginger, to serve
Cut the nori sheets equally into 3 so you end up with 6 rectangular sheets. Lay the sheets out, shiny side down. Press about 1-2 tablespoons of sushi rice onto the left side of the nori. The rice should be in a rough square shape.

Place a leaf of shiso down, on the bias/diagonally. Top with a couple of shreds of cucumber, a slice of avocado, a bit of crab, and a squeeze of kewpie mayo.

Fold up the bottom left hand corner of the nori, pulling it towards the top edge of the nori, forming a cone. Continue until the nori is rolled into a cone shape. Use a grain of rice on the bottom right hand corner to help stick the nori to itself.

Top with tobiko and toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy with wasabi, soy and ginger!

picture : http://iamafoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/califorina-cones-10.jpg
2273 days 13 hours ago
Weetmaster
The All American Sushi

Take the crust of an apple pie as your base.
Cry onto the crust to represent the native american tribes
Smother the entire crust with mayonnaise
Uncock your bayonet and sprinkle some gun powder on top
Give it a few teaspoons of holy water too for good measure
Now take your fruits, vegetables, and spices imported from around the world and throw them into the trash
Pick up the trash, poke a hole, and squeeze out as much garbage juice as you can for a little extra labour- oh excuse me I mean flavor.
Roll it all up, cut up the roll, and serve with a cold beer and a cup of ketchup as a spicy dipping sauce

God bless America and God bless the asian immigrants who endured torturous labour camps to teach us the art of sushi!
2272 days 22 hours ago
Analiese
Southern Sushi!!!!

HAI IM paula deen and I hate yellow people so I made southern sushi!!!  woohoo!

1 1/4 cups cooked long-grain rice, at room temperature
1/4 cup leftover gorgonzola cream sauce, plus more for dipping
2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola
2 tablespoons leftover barbecue butter, softened
4 leftover stalks grilled asparagus from Grilled Flank Steak with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce and Asparagus, cut into thirds, recipe follows
6 ounces leftover grilled flank steak, from Grilled Flank Steak with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce and Asparagus, cut into 12 1/2-inch-wide slices, recipe follows
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

you just put it in the bowl and wait for your assistant to make it for you!  *throws ham* HURRY UP BITCH
2272 days 20 hours ago
mastropola
Which do you like better, bacon or sushi? From now on you no longer have to choose! Introducing the Bacon Wrap: Deliciously filled with cream cheese and avocado and wrapped with smoked bacon on the outside.

Prep time: 20 mins.                                      Cook time: 15 mins.

Ingredients/Instructions:

1) Nori
Take one Nori sheet, and split it in half along the longer side, and place it on a plastic wrapped bamboo mat with it’s rough side facing up.

2) Riceball
Wet both your hands and take a handful of rice. Make the rice into a nice ball, and place it on the nori. Then spread the rice out equally along the nori

3) Bacon!
Put the nori and rice aside on a plate, and align the bacon strips on the bamboo mat. Make sure you use as much bacon to cover the full width of the nori. Make sure the bacon strips do not overlap. (That way it’s easier to cut the sushi roll when you are done.) Soon after, bring back the nori with the rice, and place it over the bacon strips, rice down.

4) Fillings
Cream Cheese, Avocado, more rice (if that's your prerogative), whatever you want! Stuff this baby full of your favorite blends of fillers

5. Roll Away!
Roll this delicious and decadent sushi roll into the most delicious looking (and tasting) one you've ever seen, and voila!

Photo: https://gyazo.com/4eb0896f25ce39514c5c722e9e39143e.png
2272 days 16 hours ago
cereal222
It has been 50 hours since the last mission started. It is now over.

7 people have not submitted a sushi dish. THREE OF THEM will be eliminated.

ImTheBaldMan
ThePug
Mathboy

It's been fun, but your time here is now over. All the best.
2272 days 16 hours ago
cereal222
Here is the order of performance (from best to worst):

Tyler
Aria
Kelly
Wolf
Mastropola
Analiese
Purple
Rel
Weet

open group

Big Brother - Power App!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!