This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 11: Calm & Angst Week

Topic » Round 11: Calm & Angst..

683 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
Final 4, welcome to the final round before the Finale of this season. This is a do or die moment for every single one of you, because after this round three of you will become official JUSCC Finalist, while the other will be the fallen angel of the season.

This round your theme is ‘Calm & Angst’ Week.

The first theme is ‘Calm’.

For this theme we would like you to submit a song that has a calming aura around it. Give us a song that represents tranquility and peace. Please include an explanation along with your song.

The second theme is ‘Angst’.

For this theme we would like you to submit a song that is very angsty. Give us a song that has vibes of despair and frustration. Please include an explanation along with your song.

List Of Songs Previously Used (You can't use these songs): https://tinyurl.com/5xpmct43

Good luck! You have until 5:30pm est on 5/16 to post!
683 days 14 hours ago
J2999
Honestly unintentionally with the themes being opposite, the focus of my songs happens to be the opposite of each other too ,,, lovely.

Calm:

This song is about two people that are in love together and feel complete whenever they are together, not needing to care for anything else in the moments when they are with each other. That's represented well through the lyrics, but honestly the music fits the theme perfectly too, it is so peacefully pleasant, but in a way that works really solidly.

Angst:

The song is about two people who have care for each other, but have a broken relationship that just doesn't work despite how much they want it to; causing despair and frustration for them both as they have to resist the urge of ... wanting each other, because the relationship does not work. That part, in particular, comes through in the chorus where the music goes off a bit more, further demonstrating the angst theme in the music as well as the context/lyrics.
683 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
Krista:

Calm:

as much as i wanted to submit my heart and soul, self care by mac miller, i just know u would all not appreciate that king SO! here is miley cyrus knock off. jk i love noah cyrus. every time i listen to this song it like makes me feel something which is so rare for music. the lyrics arent necessarily the happiest but im not going through a heartbreak or anything so the instrumental and vocals are really calming and vibe-y to me especially the soft guitar in the background

Angst: https://youtu.be/awbSTd7KRL0

my angst song i love upsahl and this song has rly embodied my hatred for straight men for the past 2 years
682 days 17 hours ago
Snails
For my calm song I have selected a cover of Chasing Cars by The Wind and Wave. I've always loved this song, and I just think it's such a pure and understated love song. Nothing over the top. I opted for this cover over the original because the singer has a very pretty and soothing voice, and it's a song I turn to when I do just need to block everything out and find some inner calm. I also love how pretty and low-key the instrumental is. 

For my angst song I have selected Sleep at Night by The Chicks. This song tells the story of exposing a cheating husband. She feels hopeless and frustrated by her husband's lies and infidelity. And she feels the hopelessness and despair of wondering how she is going to raise her children into good men when their father is a cheater.

682 days 17 hours ago
CutieAmy
Calm:

Stella invites the listener to go somewhere "fancy" where both of them can end up reaching a moment of transcendence. The song delivers this notion in a calm manner, making Stella's voice extremely soothing and thus we end up getting into the song, and that's the transcendence she is talking about, enjoying her music and being fully invested in it. That's why towards the end she asks the listener whether they are feeling the high vibration or not, as if she was saying did her song have a positive effect on the listener, making them reach a moment of transcendence and utter calmness.

Dread:

This song perfectly personifies the dread and frustration theme. The chorus literally says it all "I had a no good, really bad, messed up day/ And I'm stressed out, super sad, not ok.". Charlotte sings about the utter dread and frustration that she has to face when everything seems so fucked up and not going her way. However, she says that this doesn't mean the end of the world as she mentions here in an article: “every feeling is valid and sometimes to get over things we have to go through them head on,” Basically stating it's okay to have a "bad day" because tomorrow can be a better one, so we must face our feelings heads up and not bowl them up until we explode.
682 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
- Closed -

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!