This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 10: Results Show

Topic » Round 10: Results Show

705 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
705 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
Welcome top 5!

This is the quarter finals of the competition, and we are just one more step closer to crowning the winner of Back To Basics.
705 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In the final 'safe' placement of the season, we have someone who landed right in the middle of the ranks.

That person is...
In 3rd we have... James
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Accused: Dark Horse by Katy Perry ft. Juicy K

Jaxon- TBT to when Katy was good, such great times. Honestly, if there were ever a time to use such a MEGA hit like this… it’d be a theme like this one, because the only songs that would get a lawsuit are the ones that made money so they are all hits in their own right. Like, this song truly is one of her greatest works. The song is iconic af, and the feature fits in really nicely with this song- it all works together and is something I still have no shame in saying I listen to on the regular. *1/5*

Deme- Honestly, Dark Horse goes off. Like... recently Katy Perry hasn't been that good, but this one? Bop. The instrumental, the way her voice sounds, the little Aphrodite bit? There's no going back? Obsessed. *2/5*

Krystal- Dark Horse is kind of controversial to me, because like… I’m obsessed with it, but a lot of people HATED it, I guess? Not sure how Jaxon and Josh will fall in regards to it. Anyway, as for me, I love her voice. I love the references to Greek mythology. And even though I hate when Juicy J comes in, he’s got such a minor part it doesn’t bother me to hear it. Like… this is one of the times Katy Perry came back with a bop, I think, before her career fell apart and she became more or less irrelevant. *3/5*

Josh- *2/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2. This ranked you first in this category.
-
Accuser: When I Found You by Jasmine Rae

Josh- *3/5*

Jaxon- I kinda hate to say this… but like, this song is really good but it may have to be my least favorite of the lineup of 5 really great songs??? Like, I really don’t have anything bad to say about it… it just kinda like made the least amount of impression on me, and it really doesn’t deserve the rank it will get from me. Her voice is extremely pretty, and the stripped back instruments is greatly appreciated. Like if I think about what I’d likely listen to again, this would just be last on that list sadly. Great choice :(. *5/5*

Deme- Oh. She is swaying to slow piano music, she is. Um. Well, in good news, I like her voice? Just, like... there are slow songs I like, and this isn't one of them. Glad she's in love or whatever. In good news, I'm pretty sure this'll do pretty good with a certain judge? Maybe? So go off? *4/5*

Krystal- This singing voice is pretty solid, and the instrumental pairs well with it, as it doesn’t ever overpower her and just works super well in keeping up. This is also a great song for the piano sound. But when the song picks up, I fucking hate it. Her voice sounds abysmal to me. When she goes, “When I found youuuu,” I weep inside. I do. *4/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4. This ranked you fifth in this category.

-
Your two scores of 1st & 5th gave you an average of 3. This tied with another contestant this round, but in the backup ranking of all 10 songs together you scored lower at 5.5. This ranked you THIRD overall this round.
705 days 1 hour ago
Snails
*arrives 5 minutes late*
705 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we have... Alex
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Accused: Hero by Mariah Carey

Josh- *1/5*

Deme- Oh god, is this a slow song? A slow piano song...? Her voice is obviously gorgeous - because duh, it's Mariah Carey - I just can't really get into it. Guessing you'll be getting a higher score from at least one (1) other judge, so like, go off? *5/5*

Krystal- This instrumental already has me worried because I’m very picky about when I like Mariah Carey singing, and well… I much prefer her Christmas music to this. She has a pretty singing voice that pairs well with the instrumental, but I just find it really hard to connect with the emoting she’s doing because it feels so polished even as she’s expressing it. *4/5*

Jaxon- It’s kinda so funny how often Mariah Carey is on this page, that skinny legend. It’s a solid song, I’d say probably one of her most famous and popular ones. It isn’t my S tier Mariah level personally, and honestly I’m a wee bit worried because she is definitely a ballad and the panel is SPLIT on those, but like overall it is a nice song to listen to and it is obviously put together extremely well. *3/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This ranked you third in this category.

-
Accuser: The Man Who Can’t Be Moved by The Script

Deme- As much as I've heard of this song, I think this is my first time, like... actually hearing it, and I was expecting something a lot slower and, like... boring...? So this is a pleasant surprise. Love The Script, love the vocals, I kind of really wish I listened to this before just now, honestly? But also I just got a five minute rant from a judge who shall not be named about how shit my taste is for ranking this #1 so um 😶. *1/5*

Josh- *5/5*

Jaxon- LMAO slay, sue that nasty man James Arthur. And as a sidenote, I kinda hear it- the similarities. But like what a THROWBACK this song is- it really takes me back to a moment in time I can’t quite remember why it is so prominent, but like vivid memories of this song. His voice is honestly really nice and soothing to listen to, and this song just kinda has a soothing quality to it in general which I am a fan of. Maybe it is the nostalgia, maybe its just a song I actually like, idk, but this was a nice listen. *4/5*

Krystal-  Oh my god, don’t hit me with old The Script nostalgia. That’s not fucking fair. This song used to be really good to me before I wised up and realized that vocal talent is really important, not just feeling sad over a song. And, well, they can’t beat other songs with the same energy to me… like there’s a lot of places that whisper-y voice fails me. And it has failed me for years. And also haunted me since I’ve looped this song hundreds of times on my MP3 player thinking it was amazing. Yeah, maybe I’ve got some leftover anger at that. *3/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This tied with another contestant, but in the backup ranking of all songs ranked together you scored higher at 5.25. This ranked you third in this category.

-
Your two scores of 3rd & 3rd ranked together gave you an average of 3. This tied with another contestant, but in the backup ranking of all 10 songs together you scored higher at 5.375. This ranked you SECOND overall.
705 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The winner this round is...
In 1st we have... Ali
Accused: Work Hard, Player Harder by Gretchen Wilson

Jaxon- GRETCHEN WILSON MOOOOOOOOOOM. I never thought I’d see the day this icon would get used in this competition???? She is kinda so underrated, and I used to fuck with her so much as a kid LOL. This is such a strong start to this theme, I really am excited to see if anything else can live up to this for me. I’m not sure how it will rank overall, or how it will rank with the other judges, but this is such a nostalgia trip for me. Iconic. *2/5*

Deme- ...Okay so this instrumental goes tf off? And her voice? Like... damn, okay. Go off, Gretchen. Wait, I recognize this song. 😳. Great pick! *3/5*

Josh- *3/5*

Krystal- I really like the guitar here, and her singing voice pairs really well with it. I was worried at first her voice would be overpowered, but she’s loud as hell, so pleasantly surprised. All in all, not disappointed in having some country music since… well… I do love women of country music. *2/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.5. This ranked you second in this category.

-
Accuser: Naked by Louise

Krystal- I really like the singing voice here. Like this is absolutely to my tastes. The instrumental also pairs super well with them, and it’s just really dance-y and fun to listen to on top of that. I really can’t tell when this song came out from listening because it’s giving me 90s vibes, but… I’m just not sure! I’m really enjoying her voice, though, and it just feels very much like if the Hex Girls met Cyndi Lauper. Take my #1 and continue coming for my music tastes, I guess! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/5*

Jaxon- This is giving Madonna vibes- Ima have to look up what song she sued because this really was kinda a bop…. stop…. not PEPPA PARTY TIME. How?? I was… i was not expecting that. But yeah this song kinda slaps. It really is a vibe and another strong submission from you in my opinion. Great choice, she is definitely a contender for being a top spot! *3/5*

Deme- Okay so, I wasn't expecting to like this, but like... no, it goes off? I love her voice? And the instrumental's so funky and fun, like... okay? Okay. Bop. Girlie feels naked. 😳. *3/5*

Josh- *2/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.25. This tied with another contestant, but in the backup ranking of all songs you scored higher at 3. This ranked you first in this category,

-
Your two ranks of 2nd & 1st gave you an average of 1.5. This ranked you FIRST overall this round. Congratulations on your win.
705 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
Kellen... Krista...

This means you two make up our bottom two this round.

The A's may have won this battle, but the war is not over for one of you yet.
705 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The person who is being eliminated is...
In 5th we have... Kellen
Accused: Toy by Netta

Krystal- I’m already loving whatever this song is doing instrumentally. And when her voice kicks in, I enjoy that quite a lot. The little sounds are so fun, and she does a lot of things vocally so she’s all over the fucking place, and it’s just the kind of messy, disjointed chaos I want from music so badly. Thanks for introducing me to this beautiful, bizarre mess! Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/5*

Josh- *5/5*

Jaxon- I? What was this LMAO. Being the only song in this category I’d never heard of, I kinda had high hopes… but this song was such a roller coaster? Like some points were really great and iconic and a banger, and then others I just sat there like ‘wtf am I listening to?’ So like, not sure how it is gonna rank with me, but I do see this being a hit among the panel as a whole. *4/5*

Deme- There's so much going on here, I'm kinda obsessed? It's so fun? And her voice? Oh Jesus Christ, is she BAWKING? Is she bawking?! ...It's kinda impressive... I'm still kinda obsessed... *4/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This ranked you fourth in this category.

-
Accuser: Constant Craving by k.d. lang

Josh- *1/5*

Deme- Awh, wait, loves this intro? Oh holy shit, those vocals? This isn't the kind of song I'd like... willingly listen to, ever, but I can't deny it's good...? Those vocals, dude. Wow wow wow. *5/5*

Krystal- I want to like this, but right now that singing voice is letting the instrumental down big time. Like... something is clearly missing from it. And I really hate when the back-up vocals come in because they nearly overpower the main vocals. All in all, this song crawls along like IT drags some idiot kid into the sewers by the foot at the nearest carnival. Yeah, I just… am not with it. Wish I could be, but it’s making me constantly crave silence, quiet, the absence of sound. *5/5*

Jaxon- Her voice is kinda…. so good? Like really good? So powerful, but gentle at the same time?? Like, it really is kinda beautiful. The beat is also really suiting for her vocals, and kinda all together this song is actually just really good. I was kinda expecting it to flop, I’m ngl, so I’m really shook sitting here listening to it. You kinda snapped with this choice, I’m ngl. Good choice! *2/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This tied with another contestant, and in the backup ranking of all songs ranked together you scored lower at 6.75. This ranked you fourth in this category.

-
Your two ranks of 4th & 4th gave you an overall of 4. This ranked you FIFTH overall this round. Unfortunately, this does mean you have been eliminated from Back To Basics. You have been a great competitor and I hope to see you in the future.
705 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 4th... Krista
Accused: Rodeo by Lil Nas X & Cardi B

Deme- Wait, these two did a song together? Oh. Oh wow, I love this intro already, okay. This is... so good. The way his voice works with the instrumental is just... wow? Go off Lil Nas X? And Cardi B kinda went off, I can't lie. *1/5*

Krystal- I love Lil Nas X, but this song isn’t sticking out to me in my memory. Oh, wait, this is that song… Much as I love Lil Nas X, his newer music has sounds I like quite a lot more and this feels to be lacking in comparison since I hear him all over the radio with songs that just feel to be giving much more. Like is his voice still impressive? Yes. But I want more. And not gonna lie, I don’t really want whatever Cardi B is throwing down. *5/5*

Jaxon- I can’t lie, I’m not really a fan of either of these artists. I dislike Cardi moreso than Lil Nas X, so I’m glad her feature was limited, but as a whole this was not for me babes. I really don’t have much to say it just isn’t a song I’d listen to on my own accord <3. *5/5*

Josh- *4/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.75. This ranked you fifth in this category.

-
Accuser: Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

Jaxon- Honestly, I love this song sm. Something about this sounds like… different than the version I’m used to?? But maybe I’m just on crack. The beat in this song really outsells, like the bass (is it a bass???) is an element I realllly love in this song. On a surface level, it really does surprise me that I have always kinda fucked with this song, but like I have and it is a staple. Jaxon approved. Great choice. Iconic. *1/5*

Krystal- This song is obviously a fucking classic. I love this dude’s tinny, sort of distant voice, and I especially like how raw his vocals are when paired with this exceptionally strong instrumental. No complaints can be made about this song because it just has this energy that always works so well no matter what. I love his stupidly whiny weird voice. *2/5*

Josh- *4/5*

Deme- Seven Nation Army? Seven Nation Army? 🥰 ...Oh. Okay. So, today was the day I found out I like this song a lot better when it's a cover? The more you know. Anyways, I can't deny it's a bop, and the vocals ARE good, just not really my style. Loves the instrumental sm. *2/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.25. This tied with another contestant, but in the backup ranking of all songs together you scored lower at 3.5. This ranked you second in this category.

-
Your two ranks of 5th & 2nd gave you an average of 3.5. This ranked you FOURTH overall this round.
705 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
Accused:
1. Dark Horse
2. Work Hard, Play Harder
3. Hero
4. Toy
5. Rodeo

Accuser:
1. Seven Nation Army
2. Constant Craving
3. Naked
4. The Man Who Can’t Be Moved
5. When I Found You

Krystal:
Accused:
1. Toy
2. Work Hard, Play Harder
3. Dark Horse
4. Hero
5. Rodeo

Accuser:
1. Naked
2. Seven Nation Army
3. The Man Who Can’t Be Moved
4. When I Found You
5. Constant Craving

Deme:
Accused:
1. Rodeo
2. Dark Horse
3. Work Hard, Play Harder
4. Toy
5. Hero

Accuser:
1. The Man Who Can’t Be Moved
2. Seven Nation Army
3. Naked
4. When I Found You
5. Constant Craving

Josh:
Accused:
1. Hero
2. Dark Horse
3. Work Hard, Play Harder
4. Rodeo
5. Toy

Accuser:
1. Constant Craving
2. Naked
3. When I Found You
4. Seven Nation Army
5. The Man Who Can’t Be Moved

-
Accused Overall:
1. Dark Horse (2)
2. Word Hard, Play Harder (2.5)
3. Hero (3.25)
4. Toy (3.5)
5. Rodeo (3.75)

Accuser Overall:
1. Naked (2.25) (3)
2. Seven Nation Army (2.25) (3.5)
3. The Man Who Can’t Be Moved (3.25) (5.25)
4. Constant Craving (3.25) (6.75)
5. When I Found You (4)

-
Contestant Overall:
1. Ali (2 + 1 = 3 / 2 = 1.5)
2. Alex ( 3 + 3 = 6 / 2 = 3) (5.375)
3. James (1 + 5 = 6 / 2 = 3) (5.5)
4. Krista (2 + 5 = 7 / 2 = 3.5)
5. Kellen (4 + 4 = 8 / 2 = 4)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!