This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 9: Results Show

Topic » Round 9: Results Show

866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
866 days 11 hours ago
FromAWindow
Ooh what’s phase 2?
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Contestants, tonight we had only one contestant land in the 'safe' zone.

That one person is....
Max with Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer) by Sophie Ellis-Bextor & Freemasons
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- *2/7*

Jaxon- LMAO who is she and why does she look like an absolute icon? This song itself, I like it… it’s catchy… but it also isn’t my favorite. There is something about it that I’m not quite figuring out that is sticking out to me that I’m not a huge fan of. It’s nothing too major because I like the song and it seems kinda iconic, but it also isn’t my favorite of the week. *6/7*

Krystal- I like one song by this singer, but I’ll admit I’m not enjoying this one as much so far. Her voice is a bit too quiet and overwhelmed by the instrumental. And it does feel like the synth is overwhelming at times too. This is an uplifting song, though, even with this dance-y beat, and I think it really carries itself with the strange way she handles the voices, kind of having these little voice breaks and such that show the emotion within it. I really enjoyed myself. *5/7*

Deme- What a bop, honestly. Love the vocals, love the instrumental, love the meaning behind it - go off? *4/7*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.25. This ranked you FOURTH overall.
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we had... Braden with WHITNEY by Gavin Turek
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- *1/7*

Deme- Oh, the instrumental here is so fun? And the vocals, wow wow. This is so fun and catchy? I'm such a fan? Great pick for this week! *5/7*

Jaxon- This song had a really nice production to it, I loved the upbeat sounds and the vocals paired really well with everything. I do feel like I wanted a bit more out of the song, to push it from casual listening to something I am obsessed with… but all in all I liked it well enough. *4/7*

Krystal- Something about the instrumental gives this older vibe to the song that works really with her smooth vocals, and I think it’s just enjoyable to listen to. I’m not 100% sure what she’s saying which is a shame, but what I can hear seems very inspirational and uplifting in a way that clearly fits the theme for me. And it really does make me feel good. Like this is absolutely a song that’s raising up women especially, and I appreciate that! *3/7*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 1-3 you were not favored. This ranked you THIRD overall.
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
2 min agoDelete ReplyFromAWindow
Ooh what’s phase 2?

You post two songs instead of one :)
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we had... Christian with This Mountain by Faouzia
Krystal- Faouiza has a gorgeous voice, and I can hear it to its full power right away here. Like there’s just so much strength behind it, especially paired with this comparatively quieter instrumental which raises her up. God, it’s incredible. And it’s so obvious what this is about because the use of a mountain to climb is inspiring. Everything she does with her voice is just so good here. Even the way she pops the p on pill is so pleasing. *2/7*

Deme- Faouzia's voice... wow. I really liked this one? It's super fitting and also just... so good. Great pick. *3/7*

Josh- *6/7*

Jaxon- Honestly, though she gets a lot of hype… maybe too much? Faouzia really does have just an extremely impressive voice. I think it really is the star of her songs. This song itself, honestly, it was a bit short? I kind of wanted more, but from what I did get I did really enjoy getting to listen to it.  *2/7*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 3-1 you were favored. This ranked you SECOND overall.
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner is...
Jordan with Hard Out Here by Lily Allen
Deme- Her voice! The lyrics! The instrumental! Love love love. How have I never head this one before? So catchy, love the lyrics, super fitting for this week... it's hard out here for a bitch... *1/7*

Josh- *3/7*

Jaxon- I think of every Lily Allen song posted this season… this one is probably my favorite of them. The production is really catchy, her vocals work really well with the song, and the lyrics are kind of iconic. This song really works for me and I think it was a good submission. *1/7*

Krystal- I fucking love this song by Lily Allen. Once again, another song that really hits the nail on the head for the problems women face in not just the music industry, but in their day-to-day lives as well. And I feel like Lily Allen does a good job at raising women up while also absolutely railing on the fucked-up views on women so many have. Like there’s so many hot takes on what society does to women and it does it in a way that makes you feel great because… well… if you can’t detect the sarcasm, you’ve misunderstood. Take my #1 because it’s hard out here for a… BITCH! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/7*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. This ranked you FIRST overall. Congratulations on winning this round.
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means our bottom three are Coco, Hunty, & Lex.
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Lex with Grown Woman by Beyonce
Deme- I love this? Her vocals, wow wow wow - and the instrumental is so fun, and the lyrics? Yeah? Yeah? Great pick. *2/7*

Josh- *5/7*

Jaxon- Honestly, I’m just not a huge Beyonce fan. This song didn’t really stick out to me in one way or another, and it just wasn’t my favorite of the week. The beat was really nice and catchy, but I felt like the song itself was a bit repetitive. The music video was really trip and fun to watch though. Sorry :(. *7/7*

Krystal- I don’t think I’ve ever heard this Beyonce song before, but wow, there’s force behind her vocals that I’m in love with. And she just uses the song title in such a way that feels really empowering, like there’s just the way she sings the lyrics that raises them up so much in a way I’m really enjoying. The instrumental also does a good job at lifting up the energy of the song without overpowering her voice. I’m not so sure how some judges will feel about it, though, based on their reactions to the last Beyonce song that was used… *4/7*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Coco... Hunty...

The person being eliminated tonight is...
Hunty with BBD by Azealia Banks
Josh- *4/7*

Krystal- She’s talking so fast I’m having a little hard hearing what she’s saying, but there’s a solid beat and the instrumental sounds really pleasing. I feel like this song takes a very tame usage of this self-raising love type of week, and I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it because I think I wanted more than this fun EDM rap type of song out of a self-empowerment week personally. This is a very good song, but I can’t put it high this week. *7/7*

Deme- ...Okay wait, I love this? The instrumental, her rapping... go off? The only issue is when I compare it to the other songs this week... 😬... *7/7*

Jaxon- For some reason, I really feel like Josh is going to love this song. This song was really catchy honestly, but I also kind of feel like so far it isn’t one of the stronger submissions of the week. For me it is kind of just MOR edgic, and hopefully that will be enough to keep you safe! *5/7*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5.75. This ranked you SEVENTH overall. Unfortunately, this does mean you have been eliminated from Versus. I don't think I am alone in saying you are the shock boot of the season, you have played extremely strong and I would love to see you again in the future.
866 days 11 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
omg i was crying already thinking that i got eliminated :'(((

sorry hunty, you were robbed!
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 6th... Coco with Angel By The Wings by Sia
Jaxon- The song started off pretty slowly, but when the ooohs started… I felt the pickup coming and she was everything this song needed. Sia has a very powerful voice, and I know some judges don’t like her on this panel but I think that she has extremely strong vocals that I enjoy listening to. I’m not sure how this will rank… but I enjoyed listening to it. *3/7*

Krystal- I don’t really like Sia, but as always, I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt. Her singing voice is nice, and I feel like there are some really good held out notes especially. And when she brings up the song title, it’s nice. This is a relaxing and beautiful song, and it feels uplifting. I like it, but I’m not sure how high it will go for me this week because there are times the song feels like something is missing for me. *6/7*

Josh- *7/7*

Deme- Love Sia's voice, hate Sia as a person, you know how it is. I don't like how slow the piano instrumental is here, but I do appreciate her vocals and the lyrics. When the 'ooohs' kick in, I'm a fan - and this is super fitting for this week. Great pick. *6/7*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. Hard Out Here
2. This Mountain
3. Angel By The Wings
4. WHITNEY
5. BBD
6. Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)
7. Grown Woman

Krystal:
1. Hard Out Here
2. This Mountain
3. WHITNEY
4. Grown Woman
5. Heartbreak
6. Angel By The Wings
7. BBD

Deme:
1. Hard Out Here
2. Grown Woman
3. This Mountain
4. Heartbreak
5. WHITNEY
6. Angel By The Wings
7. BBD

Josh:
1. WHITNEY
2. Heartbreak
3. Hard Out Here
4. BBD
5. Grown Woman
6. This Mountain
7. Angel By The Wings

Overall:
1. Hard Out Here (1.5)
2. This Mountain (3.25) (3-1)
3. WHITNEY (3.25) (1-3)
4. Heartbreak (Make A Dancer) (4.25)
5. Grown Woman (4.5)
6. Angel By The Wings (5.5)
7. BBD (5.75)
866 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
omg SAFE!
866 days 11 hours ago
FromAWindow
I love this seems like you all genuinely enjoy all the songs and are just having to choose between favorites thanks y’all for being kind and gracious hosts :)
866 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
@Braden...

Some season that is definitely not the case LOL. But I will say this season has had one of the best casts in terms of consistency and having the competition pick up earlier than usual with the hard ranks. <3

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!