This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 7: Results Show

Topic » Round 7: Results Show

851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
To start the night out, lets reveal the results of The Duel Room between Brittany, Jordan, & Jin.
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
The first person being eliminated tonight in 10th place is...
Brittany with God Is A Woman by Ariana Grande
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- This song has been overused so much I kind of hate it now. I do like the connection you made to the song, though, and the production of it is very well-done. She has solid vocals that are enjoyable. I just don’t get a lot of oomph from this song honestly. Ariana hasn’t had a really good song since, like, Dangerous Woman in my opinion. *7/10*

Deme- Literally forgot this song existed for a bit there... I'm not a big Ariana fan, but it's kind of a bop? Super catchy and the video is super artsy - great pick. *10/10*

Jaxon- So… I’m really not a fan of Aris music beyond her third album being generous. I don’t think this is one of her worst not so recent anymore song though. It is definitely a catchy one that I don’t hate like I would others. I don’t really quite know where I’m going to rank this because this is definitely a song that is going to be very dependent on what else is posted… it isn’t my favorite song out there, but I also don’t hate it to make it an automatic bottom song. On a sidenote, I’ve never seen it before but this music video is wild LOL. *8/10*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8.33. This ranked you EIGHTH overall this round. Unfortunately, that did not beat Jordan or Jin and you have been eliminated from Versus.
851 days 22 hours ago
Maxi1234
Ok
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
The second person being eliminated tonight and placing ninth is...
Jin with No Light, No Light by Florence + The Machine
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- Catering to the judges… or playing it smart? Maybe a bit of both. I adore Florence, I can go on and on about how stunning her vocals are in every song she sings. I will say, I am glad you took the critique after the first submission you had from her and dug a bit deeper into her music and posted a song that is unexpected to be posted by her. I think this was a great submission. *3/10*

Krystal- Love Florence Welch, and I think this was definitely a pick I didn’t expect this week though your reasoning made sense. This song is full of longing and its so clear from the start to the finish. Like she really pushed all of her emotion into this song and it’s clear in her vocals, especially those little musical sounds she makes. *5/10*

Deme- Love love looove Florence. She's always fantastic, and I like the way you connected this to Scorpios. Best part about this is when the chorus really goes off - great pick! *5/10*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4.33. This tied with another contestant, but you were favored in a vote of 2-1. This ranked you FOURTH overall this round. Unfortunately, that did not beat Jordan and you have been eliminated from Versus.
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 10th we have... Lex with Not A Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake
Deme-  I love the instrumental here, alright? Alright? That bit where his vocals are layered right around the chorus... yes? Yes. While it's not a song I'd loop, it's a bop and the way you tied it into the zodiac was super fitting for this week. Great pick. *8/10*

Krystal- Are we just all fucking Virgos here? https://i.imgur.com/56EBQkL.gif These vocals are very typical boy band sound which doesn’t surprise me since I learned whatshisface was from a boy band… I think… He was from NSYNC, wasn’t he? I feel like it definitely connects to your idea of a Virgo, but it doesn’t connect to my idea of a good song. His voice annoys the fuck out of me. I’d dump him if he sang this to me. #JustVirgoThingz *10/10*

Jaxon- I’m not a huge JT fan, not gonna lie… and to me, this song sounds very… boy band? Which I guess is on brand for him, but it also isn’t my style of music that I like really. It’s not that he can’t sing, or the production isn’t good… it just isn’t quite something I would look forward to listening to, hopefully the other judges feel different… but this one just isn’t for me. :( *9/10*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 9. This ranked you TENTH overall.
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 9th we have... Coco with everything i wanted by Billie Eilish
Deme- Love the instrumental for this song, and I'm definitely a Billie Eilish fan, so go off? I like how you tied the zodiac sign into this pick, too. Great pick. *7/10*

Jaxon- So… this isn’t your fault because I really don’t think a Billie song has ever been posted in this game? But… I really just, I can’t stand Billies music. I went into this song with an open mind about it, but I really can’t say anything impressed me about it. The chorus wasn’t bad, but the verses were just… awful for me to listen to? The beat and production was really well done, but I don’t think her vocals did them any justice at all. Sorry :(. *10/10*

Krystal- Another. Fucking. Virgo. Why don’t we just title this Virgo Week? I think your description of Virgos with this song fits very well. As for the song, I find the vocals kind of grating even though there is some emotion to them because it sounds a bit like she’s singing through a phone with this static sound. And I wouldn’t say the emotion works for me very much because the instrumental is absolutely disruptive and actively annoying to me. *9/10*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8.67. This ranked you NINTH overall.
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Drew with i hate u, i love u by Gnash ft. Olivia O’Brien
Jaxon- I didn’t think I knew this song, but then when it started I definitely did. I definitely think their vocals work really well together, and the song itself is pretty catchy in itself. I think that you definitely nailed the theming of the song based off your description, and I think the song itself isn’t a bad choice for me. It won’t be my favorite, but it also isn’t something I hate. *7/10*

Deme- I don't think I've ever actually heard this song in full before? I love how it sounds - mostly the girl's vocals, honestly - and it feels super fitting for the stereotypical Gemini. Great pick! *9/10*

Krystal- Like the Gemini connection of the duality in this song. I thought I’ve never heard it before until this obnoxious chorus which I honestly think brings the song down. In general, their vocals and the instrumental clash in a way I don’t find enjoyable. All chill vocals while it’s giving me Vanessa Carlton losing her v-card or whatever in the instrumental. *8/10*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8. This ranked you SEVENTH overall.
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 6th we have... Christian with Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Ray
Jaxon- Fun story about this song, how I really ended up loving it was hearing Jessica Muese sing it on an American Idol season LOL. So, I’m really glad you posted the slowed down version of this song… because I can’t stand the sped up radio version. I think of all the major radio hit songs posted this week, this really is the only one I feel very fond of and to this day is really the only Lana song I actually really get into and love. I think this was a good choice for Jaxon, but I’m actually not too sure how the others may feel about it. Anyways, nice choice! *4/10*

Krystal- Please never say Cancers are electric and sizzling and attractive in my presence again. My dad is a Cancer. I am now traumatized. Leave my dad alone. This song is like really well-known and the way Lana’s vocals drag on are decent enough, but I do think the song was more of a hit during the time of its release and now it’s just that song I heard a fuckton summer after summer, like I get it! Seasonal depression sucks! I don’t know why we need this song for it so much! *6/10*

Deme- So, your explanation for this definitely goes off. Like, you tied it in perfectly? It's also, like, a lot better than I remember it being? So great pick for this week! *4/10*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4.67. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Hunty with Fountain by iamamiwhoami
Krystal- This is a pretty obvious Pisces pick because haha, Pisces… water… but I’m holding out hope I enjoy the song! This instrumental is really good so far, like it has a really chill energy to it that I like a lot. And this voice is ethereal and soft and it pairs so well with the instrumental they feel almost made for each other. I just like how delicate the song is with these somewhat strange instrumental sounds, like that whistling sound. And when it gets to the chorus, I feel like I’m drowning with Grimes if she had any talent and wasn’t an annoying alt goth wannabe elf bitch. But yeah, it sounds like that horrid little shrew if she had a shred of vocal strength. *2/10*

Deme- Love love love the instrumental here. I'm definitely getting Pisces vibes - I love her vocals, and... I mean, yeah. The song slaps? It does? Great pick! *6/10*

Jaxon- This… title is something else, unless thats the artist name? Anyways, I think this song had a really great production to it and I think she had really great vocals. This song definitely has a really chill vibe to it that I am enjoying while I listen and I think it would be a great song to turn on and tune out the world to. It didn’t hit every mark for me, but it hit enough to where I can say I definitely liked the song. *5/10*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4.33. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 1-2 you were not favored. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Jordan with Virgo Tendencies by Keke Palmer
Deme- Keke Palmer!!! Loooove her. Her voice is like... wow. I really like the instrumental here, too, and I think the connection to the zodiac sign is super clear - it's literally called Virgo Tendencies? I love the lyrics? Especially the chorus, alright - great pick for this round. *2/10*

Jaxon- Miss True Jackson VP. Icon. I have seen her in multiple shows, but I’ve never really dived into her music career at all… but she has a really stunning voice and the beat of this song is extremely catchy. For me, I think you have finally bounced back a bit in my taste in music and I think you did it at the right time being in the double elimination. *6/10*

Krystal- Virgo Tendencies is an interesting song just from the name, and I like your reasoning behind using it. Keke Palmer has a really good voice, and I think she’s carrying the pacing of this song with the instrumental really well. I also think this song is extremely fitting for Virgos, even if it might seem like an obvious song, because it really does fit Virgos well. *4/10*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4. This ranked you THIRD overall.
851 days 22 hours ago
sosyomomma
This judging is in a word, suspect
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we have... Braden with Liz by Remi Wolf
Krystal- This song is starting out strong with a sound I really like. The vocals are strong and powerful and they pair well with this instrumental. It never covers up her voice. And the repetition of the name Liz is really done in a way I like hearing. Plus just like the way this song was picked to represent a zodiac sign was interesting in a way I haven’t seen yet and I like that quite a lot. There’s this really fun and light-hearted energy to this song that deals with sex work in a way I haven’t really seen before. All in all, I was very impressed! Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/10*

Deme- ...Okay wait, I love the vocals here? And the fun instrumental? This song sounds just... so good. And the way you tied the zodiac sign into this was really impressive, so go off. Great pick for this week! *3/10*

Jaxon- This beat… is just immediately amazing. This song is just so damn catchy and I am in love with it right now. Her vocals pair with it all so well too, it definitely gets me into the song and I think this song is just amazing. I think you definitely met the mark with this one and I think you continue to be a really strong competitor in this season. *2/10*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 2. This ranked you SECOND overall.
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 1st... Max with Burning Bridges by Sigrid
Jaxon- Honestly? A banger. I’ve never heard of this woman or song, but I feel like I should now. I feel extremely high on this song, and I think it definitely is a top top contender of the week. I really can’t think of a single negative thing this song has to offer, and I think that you definitely outsold this week once again. Great great submission! *1/10*

Krystal- It really doesn’t surprise me both Virgo songs are about cutting people off. These vocals are strong and powerful with an instrumental that holds up very well against her almost raw vocals in a way I really like. I mean, she’s just absolutely emotional and it’s intense. And I love the little bit of her vocals that sound distorted. All in all, it’s a song about release from stressing the fuck out and it’s so Virgo. *3/10*

Deme- Love the instrumental right off the bat, wow wow wow? The vocals, too? This feels super fitting for this week, and it helps that this song is also just... a bop. Great pick! *1/10*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 1.67. This ranked you FIRST overall. Congratulations on being the top scorer this round.
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
The bottom two of each team is...

Blue Team: Coco & Drew

Pink Team: Lex & Christian

The two teams were separated by a 0.75 difference in average.

The winning team this round is...
The Blue Team.

This means that... nobody is going into the duel room for round 8. This was the FINAL duel room of the season because the team portion of the game has ended. The format will resume back to normal.

We started with 16, and we are not down to 8. We are officially at the halfway point and every round could be your last from here on out.

Good luck for the remainder of the game contestants.
851 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. Burning Bridges
2. Liz
3. No Light, No Light
4. Summertime Sadness
5. Fountain
6. Virgo Tendencies
7. i hate u, i love u
8. God Is A Woman
9. Not A Bad Thing
10. everything i wanted

Krystal:
1. Liz
2. Fountain
3. Burning Bridges
4. Virgo Tendencies
5. No Light, No Light
6. Summertime Sadness
7. God Is A Woman
8. i hate u, i love u
9. everything i wanted
10. Not A Bad Thing

Deme:
1. Burning Bridges
2. Virgo Tendencies
3. Liz
4. Summertime Sadness
5. No Light, No Light
6. Fountain
7. everything i wanted
8. Not A Bad Thing
9. i hate u, i love u
10. God Is A Woman

-
Overall:
1. Burning Bridges (1.67)
2. Liz (2)
3. Virgo Tendencies (4)
4. No Light, No Light (4.33) (2-1)
5. Fountain (4.33) (1-2)
6. Summertime Sadness (4.67)
7. i hate u, i love u (8)
8. God Is A Woman (8.33)
9. everything i wanted (8.67)
10. Not A Bad Thing (9)

-
Blue Average: 5
Pink Average: 5.75

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!