This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 4: Results Show

Topic » Round 4: Results Show

863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon

Welcome top 13! I am pleased to start the results show of #FreeBritney week that Britney Spears' conservatorship has officially ended!

However, we have results to get going.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
To start the night out, lets reveal the results of The Duel Room between JJ & Coco.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
JJ... Coco...

The person being eliminated is...
JJ with A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh-  I went into this honestly never hearing the song, expecting to not enjoy it and honestly... it was such a good song that is a near perfect choice for this week. While yes, it's in old song, we are still dealing with things this song touches on. There are still changes that need to be made just on a basic human level and we have to hope and know that the change we need is going to come *2/13*

Krystal- These are strong and powerful vocals, especially paired with this instrumental which really carries the song. Like this is a nice voice. That’s the main thing I notice. But I’ll admit it sounds like a much older song, and I’m a little worried for you this week because of that. *12/13*

Deme- Oh, it's this song! It's a classic, with great lyrics, great vocals, and a fitting instrumental. It's perfect for this week, honestly - great pick. *12/13*

Jaxon- Honestly, I was expecting this to be a repeat of someone posting Hurt by Johnny Cash in the past… but the soul and emotion you heard in his voice from the beginning was fantastic. I do think this song is a bit old school to be one that really fits my personal taste as something that just absolutely rocks out for me, but I do think this is a really great song that fits the theme and is a nice listen. *9/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.75. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 1-3 you were not favored. This ranked you ELEVENTH overall this week. While it was not the lowest rank, you did not beat Cocos rank, which unfortunately means you have been eliminated from Versus.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 13th we have... Paper Planes by M.I.A.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- I can’t believe I never knew the statement behind this song. I really love the sound effects used throughout this song because they really bring it up a level in the message it’s offering. And overall, the sound of the song is very unforgettable, especially her delivery. *7/13*

Deme- I never realized what Paper Planes was about before this... damn? This one really goes off, it's so catchy, and it's such a throwback on top of that. Great pick. *11/13*

Jaxon- Why did I originally think this song was Airplanes by B.o.B. LOL. I’m glad I’m not listening to a song about airplanes in the night sky being shooting stars, and I’m getting this instead. At its core, I did like this song… she has a nice voice and it works really well, but I also feel like there is a lot going on in this beat that makes it a bit overwhelming. *12/13*

Josh- This song has a good message, but there is so much going on in the music I feel like the words keep getting lost. I'd really like to hear a slightly deconstructed version of this, or maybe a live version that doesn't sound so busy. *11/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 10.25. This ranked you THIRTEENTH this week.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 12th we have... Lukas with Freedom by Beyonce ft. Kendrick Lamar
Krystal- The vocals here are strong right away. Like the rawness of the voice really pulls me in, especially with the intensity of her vocals. And the instrumental being so simple especially amps up the song in a way that’s really enjoyable to listen to. All in all, I was super impressed by your submission again this week! *3/13*

Jaxon- Honestly, I’m just not a huge fan of new school Beyonce. I do feel like this song fits the theme very well, for me it’s just the fact that I wasn’t big on the song. I will say I did enjoy Kendricks verse in this song, but I just don’t think this song is going to compare well to others posted this week in my ranks. *13/13*

Josh- Hm... I almost feel like this song misses the assignments for me. When I listen and we get to the chorus when it talks about breaking chains and winners not quitting I'm like.. okay this song is good.. and honestly works better in our typical finale category "winners single". *13/13*

Deme-  Oh this intro is a lot, but when her vocals kick in? Love. Especially during the chorus, holy shit? The instrumental's so good, as well! *10/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 9.75. This ranked you TWELTH this week.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 10th we have... Christian with Fuckin’ Perfect by P!nk
Jaxon- Not tengaged silencing Miss P!nks voice… but in all seriousness this has always been a standout P!nk song for me. I was pretty young when it came out and it really resonated with me watching it on MC on Demand. I do think it’s a bit of a basic choice, but a basic choice that really worked for me with the song that it is. There is something about old school and middle school P!nk that I just really enjoy listening to her. *5/13*

Krystal- I do love a bit of P!nk, but I can tell you rushed to find a substitute song this week. Like is this a good song? Absolutely! But I don’t know if it can hold up to many of the other songs this week. While the statement she’s making is a good one and the emotion is there, it was a little unclear to me at first what that statement even was. It really does pain me to put P!nk this low, I’m sorry! *11/13*

Josh- Throughout the years there have been many many songs about self empowerment and holding the fact that we are all great. Some songs posted this week in fact. My only grievance with this song is the fact the same idea and meaning has been posted for this week in a better song so it just feels lesser by comparison. *10/13*

Deme- Did I laugh at what remains in the forum of your struggle to post a song in under 13 minutes this week? I did. I did laugh. However! I think P!nk was a great second pick for this week! The song is super fitting, her voice is gorgeous, and the lyrics are great. Great pick. *9/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.75. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 3-1 you were favored. This ranked you TENTH overall this week.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 9th we have... Jin with The Fear by Lily Allen
Deme- Oh, wow, I love Lily Allen's voice? The lyrics here are super fitting, and the beat is fun and fitting. Great pick! *4/13*

Jaxon- Lily has a very cheeky voice that is always nice to hear. She could probably say the worst thing she can possibly say to a person, and they would still be left smiling. As for this song, I definitely liked it… it has a really nice beat to it, and it did touch on the theme in my opinion. It’s a cute little song that I am glad was introduced to me. *11/13*

Krystal- I love Lily Allen! And some more dissing of capitalism, let’s go! Oh, I’ve actually heard this song before. She has such a good way of using music as satire because she’s so damn clever about it. It’s always been one of my favorite things about Lily Allen. Like even her voice works so damn well for mocking issues in society. However, the way she does her satirical music is a bit less emotional than many submissions this week. *10/13*

Josh- Oh, Okay. I don't know a whole lot of Lillys work but honestly I really really enjoyed this song. I feel like all of her work I've heard tends to have some kind of meaning and big message so I'm not surprised to see her here. *8/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.25. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. In the backup metric of overall average in the season you scored lower at 6.33. This ranked you you NINTH overall.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 8th we have... Braden with XS by Rina Sawayama
Jaxon- I don’t know what I was expecting from the screen grab… but this wasn’t it, in the best way? I feel like this song is really going to standout this week because it really just sticks out in the crowd with the style of song not being what I think it expected with this theme, but once again in a good way. I don’t think it touches quite as deep as some other songs, but it is making a statement and it does so in a very catchy way. *3/13*

Deme- What a wild intro...? I really enjoy the vocals here - capitalism, babey. Great song, but every song this week was kind  of great, so in comparison... I don't really like the bits where the music gets super intense out of nowhere...? So I... think I'm robbing you. I am. I'm robbing you. I'm so sorry. 👉👈 Hopefully the other judges enjoyed this song more this week! *13/13*

Josh- This song is really cute and honestly while I get the message and the meaning, I think it gets a bit lost overall with the tone and tune. I feel like this would of faired better in some other category. She wasn't made to thrive fully here. *12/13*

Krystal- We love a mockery of capitalism at its peak of grossness. Her vocals are really good, and I especially like that aggressive guitar riff. Like even he vocals seem to be mocking it just because of the way it is trying to sound all radio-friendly about it. Very pleased with this submission! It is less emotional than other submissions, but the pleasing sound of the song makes it easy to keep it higher up this week. *5/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.25. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. In the backup metric of overall average in the season, you score higher at 5.33. This ranked you EIGHTH overall.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Brittany with Beautiful by Christina Aguilera
Josh- Honestly I think this is one of the best self-empowering, self esteem boosting songs out there. It's so important and impactful to hear that no matter what we look like and who we are, we are beautiful. We are amazing. Great choice this week *5/13*

Jaxon- This song is, no pun intended, beautiful… but honestly, really basic to post in general and for this theme. I was honestly surprised to see it hadn’t been used yet. With that being said, I think this is definitely one of her most popular songs for a reason. The song itself, there is much to say about it that hasn’t been said its a really great song, I just want to see more surprises to get to the top of my ranks. *10/13*

Krystal- A statement about self-love is absolutely one I’m happy to see, especially with so many darker statements being made tonight. It does really have nice vocals and the instrumental doesn’t overwhelm her voice, but I’ll admit with the other songs so far this week it does feel a bit overwhelmed by some of them. *9/13*

Deme- I don't know why I wasn't expecting to see this song this week? Two of you wanted to post this? I'm. Anyways! It's beautiful, obviously, and super uplifting - not to mention her vocals are just... so good? Great pick. *5/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.25. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. In the backup metric of overall average in the season, you score lower at 11. This ranked you SEVENTH overall.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 6th we have... Lex with Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas
Josh- Honestly this song is kind of perfect for this week. Idk what mainstream song has gotten popular for touching on such heavy topics like racism, terrorist, starvation in other countries quite like this song. *1/13*

Jaxon- I feel like this band is pretty not liked these days, as if they didn’t produce hit after hit throughout all of the 2000s? I wish it didn’t take 5 seasons to get a song by these guys because they are such a guilty pleasure of mine. It’s not my favorite song by them, but this is clearly the song by them to fit this theme and it honestly is a good song at the end of the day. *8/13*

Krystal- I miss The Black Eyed Peas. I do think the instrumental is a little at odds with the rap which does put me off a bit, though. Like there’s a lot of clear emotion in his voice and the pacing is good, but it really doesn’t kick in in a way that works perfectly until the chorus. Once the chorus hits, it gets really, really good. *13/13*

Deme- The message here is super strong. I think the only other times I've heard it were specifically from people mentioning the message behind it? So great pick for this theme. The lyrics go off, and I love the instrumental. The chorus is so so good, too - great pick! *7/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.25. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. In the backup metric of overall average in the season, you score higher at 6.33. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Coco with Read All About It by Emeli Sande
Jaxon- I’ve never heard of this woman before, but wow is her voice just absolutely gorgeous? Once again, I feel like I can really feel the emotion in her voice in what she is singing… and to me that is true talent. I really don’t have anything to say negative about this song so I feel like I’ll just leave it at I really loved this song and it was executed extremely well. *4/13*

Deme- The lyrics for this one are so so fitting. I didn't realize what song this was until the chorus hit, but wow? It's gorgeous? I looove her voice, and the piano itself is pretty and work well. Great pick. *8/13*

Josh- This singer has such a rich and empowering voice where you can feel the energy when she sings. There is a good message there about speaking up and wanting your voice to be heard. A pretty nice song overall. *9/13*

Krystal- I can hear the emotion in her voice right away with the way her voice is kind of like trembling. I do think it works pretty well, like the rawness of her vocals. And she has this really beautiful voice that pairs well with the instrumental. All in all, I was really impressed with this pick because I’m not usually a big fan of slow songs but this one was definitely good to me! *6/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.75. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 4th we have... Charlie with Purge The Poison by Marina
Deme- Oh, hell yeah? I wasn't expecting Marina this week, but this is super fitting actually? I loooove her voice, the instrumental is so fun and fitting, and the lyrics? The lyrics? Great pick, honestly. *3/13*

Josh- Honestly another song made for this week. This isn't my fav Marina song and the melody and flow isn't my favorite or else this could of been a Krystal Chair-Turn for me. *6/13*

Jaxon- Similarly to Braden, I think the setup and style of this song is going to help it standout pretty easily this week. I’m honestly not that huge on Marina, but I really enjoyed this song and I’m glad you posted it and introduced me to it. I also think this is your first real stride in this competition for me that shows you could potentially be a contender. Good submission. *6/13*

Krystal- Marina came back with this song, and it was fucking amazing! This song has tons of social commentary that’s relevant to current times, especially this feeling of anger towards America as it is now. She does a great job vocally at keeping up with the absolutely ridiculously fast pacing of the song at points which makes it feel frantic and distressed in a way I really enjoy. *4/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.75. This ranked you FOURTH overall.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Max with American Oxygen by Rihanna
Krystal- I do love me some Rihanna. Not sure if I heard this song before. Her voice is really beautiful here, and I absolutely love the pounding sounds and the like recording scratching sound maybe that starts to overtake her voice. Like this is the one time I’m okay with her vocals getting muffled a bit because it really just adds to the overall experience from listening to the song. I really wish I’d heard this song earlier! Take my #1 because this is everything that I wanted this week! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/13*

Deme- Ooh, a Rihanna song I haven't heard. This is definitely different from her usual stuff, but I'm pleasantly surprised? I love her vocals combined with the background vocals. Add in the instrumental and... hell yeah? Great pick. *6/13*

Jaxon- Considering I have never heard this song before, I’d definitely say that this song is an underrated Rihanna pick. It is a very different style from her that I’m used to, but I think it really works with her voice. It manages to be very laid back, for a lack of better words, but also still really impressive. I honestly quite enjoyed this song. *7/13*

Josh- Honestly I never heard this Rihanna song. It's funny how after being a nation of people who came to this country to find something better for ourselves we still have to remind people that we are made up of so many places and background and the ignorance they hold over that fact. *4/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. This ranked you THIRD overall.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we have... Hunty with Love It If We Made It by The 1975
Krystal- The sheer intensity of the vocals here, especially with that sort of tunneled voice he has, really lures me in. I absolutely love the emotions in his voice in this song. And it’s just really one of those songs that makes a statement to a lot of people, especially the way the title of the song hits with that repetition, wow. It’s just killer. And something about the song was really hitting me in a good way tonight. *2/13*

Deme- Oh my god, The 1975? Love them, and the song itself is just super fitting for this week, not to mention the fact that it's just... a bop? I love the vocals, I love the instrumental - great pick for this round! *2/13*

Josh- This song does a good job and incorporating the messages it's trying to convey in its own way and also just showing all the powerful imagery to show all the messed up things in the world they are hoping we can make it through and find a way to make it better. *7/13*

Jaxon- Honestly, of everyone in this competition, I think you have surprised me the most in your music taste. I really loved the style of this song and it honestly really worked for me, this song really screams to me in something that will end up in my Playlist. It is something great to have on and tune out the world with, and I really appreciate that in a song. Once again, great submission. *2/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 1-3 you were not favored. This ranked you SECOND overall.
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 1st... Drew with Not Ready To Make Nice by The Chicks
Deme-  I have waited... so long for someone to post this? So so long? I love the vocals, I love the statement behind it, the instrumental, just- all of it. Alllll of it. I love The Chicks, and this is definitely one of my favourite songs by them, especially that "shut up and sing or my life will be over" bit... god, yes? Yes. Great pick! *1/13*

Josh- This song kind of goes off unexpectedly. I've never been a huge country person, but nothing makes me love country more than an angry woman. *3/13

Krystal- Took a bit to get there, but the vocals really did start to get impressive after a point. Like there’s a clear amount of emotion in her voice, and you can hear her frustration leaking through. There are times the instrumental overwhelms her vocals, though, and it really is disappointing when it happens. *8/13*

Jaxon- You could really feel the emotion in this song and wow was that amazing. First off, being cancelled by the right wing country music audience for being anti-war is iconic. Coming back with this fuck you anthem to cancel culture before cancel culture was a thing? Even more iconic. I was a bit worried seeing The Chicks because I really just am not that knowledgable about their music- the only song I vividly remember by them was their Landslide cover. However, this song was extremely impressive and saying ‘fuck you’ to the inequalities in country music is something I really resonate with as someone forced to grow up listening to country. *1/13*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 3-1 you were favored. This ranked you FIRST overall. Congratulations on your top rank this round!
863 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
The new teams are as follows:
Blue Team:
Max
Coco
Lukas
Jordan
Drew
Brittany

Pink Team:
Braden
Hunty
Lex
Jin
Christian
Charlie

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!