This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 2: Results Show

Topic » Round 2: Results Show

892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon

Tonight we have our first elimination of the season. Which team was able to express their inner villain better? Let's find out.
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
The first thing I will announce is the Duel Room results between Lacroix & JJ...

I will say neither of you placed last in this round, however, one of you must be eliminated.
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
The person who ranked lower and will be eliminated is...
LaCroix.

You ranked 12th with A Little Piece Of Heaven by Avenged Sevenfold
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- I haven’t listened to Avenged Sevenfold in ages, but I do think this is a bit of a risk knowing the other judges. I don’t super love how the instrumental overpowers his singing voice, but I do like this almost cartoonish, silly way the creepiness of the song is played out with. It like really is fun for me and I’m enjoying it. And when his voice gets all intense and there’s just a voice screaming “EAT IT!” I really start to get into it. I’m having fun, this song is perfectly chaotic and villainous and hilarious in its morbidity, and I liked getting to hear it! But wow, it’s a really long song and that does kind of drag on for me. *5/15*

Jaxon- To start out with a positive… I think this song fits and encompasses the theme very well. However, the eight minutes was just… too much for a song. The style of the song wasn’t my favorite but I also didn’t dislike really, and his voice is nice to listen to and suits it very well… but I really can’t say I enjoyed this song because it just kept going on… and on… and on… and on. I think this was a pretty huge risk to take being in the Duel Room… and unfortunately, I don’t think it quite landed for me. *14/15*

Deme- Oh... this is eight minutes long. Um. Wild. I really like the instrumental here - sounds very villainous but also, like, bouncy? And the vocals go off. I was absolutely not expecting where this went? With the screaming? I've also elected to ignore the video - but definitely fitting for this week! *13/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 10.67. This ranked you TWELTH overall, and unfortunately that did not beat your duel room opponent. This means you have been officially eliminated from Versus.
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 15th we had... Chris with Call Your Girlfriend by Robyn
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- This is a complete 180 for me in terms of the style of song and has given me something I don’t know but am glad I do now. This is another very ‘mild’ villain song where you really have to look into the lyrics to get the villain component of the narrator, but it is villain nonetheless. It wasn’t my favorite favorite to be my number 1… but it definitely worked really well for me and is in my upper tier of songs posted this week. *8/15*

Krystal- This is a really poppy and fun bubblegum pop type of song, but that’s not really what I expected out of this week. I understand the connection of this song to being villainous, but once again it’s like… Okay, this girl never texts me back, but does she ever climb out of my TV while I’m watching Friends and shove my head through it, killing me instantly? This doesn’t have villain energy to me at all. *15/15*

Deme- I loooove the instrumental here. Her vocals are also great! My only real issue with this song is when I compare it to others that were posted this week - but it's a bop nonetheless, so great pick. *15/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 12.67. This tied with two other contestants, in the first judges vote you were not favored 1-2-0, and then in the second vote you were also not favored 1-2. This ranked you FIFTEENTH overall.
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 14th we had... Brittany with Don’t Trust Me by 3OH!3
Jaxon- I’m feeling extremely conflicted on where to rank this song. Honestly, it isn’t a 3OH!3 problem because I actually really love this album and was a huuuuuge fan of them as a kid when they were popping off, and still listen to it every now and then to this day. This is very ‘mild’ villain in my opinion, and doesn’t quite encompass the theme as much as I would have liked it to do (not saying it doesn’t), and I think there are a few songs on the same album that would have fit much much better. I do love the song… I just want to start seeing more out of you, because I know you can perform a lot better in this competition than what you’re doing. *10/15*

Krystal- Seeing this song this week kind of made me laugh. Like yeah, he is the villain. But it’s in the same way the last song I ranked was. He’s a shitty frat boy, but he isn’t sneaking lethal poisons into my golden chalice so… Like I love this song. It’s fun and upbeat and just one of those songs that I jammed to all the time in high school, but it isn’t fitting the theme enough for me at all. *14/15*

Deme- ...I... am so happy you chose this. I, like, can't in good conscious put it any higher than this, but I'm so happy? This is THE bop. The lyrics, the vibe, the lyrics, the lyrics- come on. Come on. The beef line? Please? Please! *14/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 12.67. This tied with two other contestants, in the first judges vote you were not favored 0-2-1, but in the second vote you were favored 2-1. This ranked you FOURTEENTH overall.
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 13th we had... Lex with Friends on the Other Side from Princess & The Frog
Deme-  Somehow I... wasn't expecting a full on Disney villain song this week? I love it? The background vocals, the main vocalist, the bouncy instrumental - this is just... such a good one. They really went off with the casting in this movie. Great pick. *10/15*

Jaxon- I just… I really can’t bring myself to want to listen to Disney music for 99% of the songs. I really just… don’t like Disney all that much. For me… it just doesn’t quite work exactly to compare against songs produced from artists. This will definitely be a big drop from last week for me… but I know you have what it takes to bounce back after this for round 3. *15/15*

Krystal- This is one of the few Disney songs I still haven’t seen, but this song is clearly villainous. It’s not one of my absolute favorite villain songs from these movies, though. I really like his singing voice, especially paired with this eerie instrumental, and the back-up vocals work well. But at the same time, all the additions to the vocals do get annoying after a while. I want to hear him sing without all these interruptions! It just feels like out of all the songs from animated movies, there were so many villain songs I’d prefer hearing more… *13/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 12.67. This tied with two other contestants, and in the first judges vote you were favored 2-1-0. This ranked you THIRTEENTH overall.
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 11th we had... Charlie with Dead To Me by Melanie Martinez
Deme- Definitely wasn't excited when I saw who this song was by, but I'm pleasantly surprised? I liked the creepy intro bit, and when the song picked up I liked it even more- girl said she was gonna kill him so many times? I really enjoyed the chorus in this one, and also just how... blatant this is. Great pick! *8/15*

Jaxon- I’m honestly not a huge fan of Melanie… she kinda just doesn’t do it for me with music. This song itself I didn’t hate… it definitely just kind of bored me a bit? Like it fits the theme and it wasn’t bad, it just also isn’t anything I would put on my playlist to listen to or rally care to listen to if someone had it on theirs. It’s just very average and doesn’t have anything to make me want to put it below anything else, but nothing to make me want to put it above anything else. *12/15*

Krystal- I don’t like this bitch Melanin Martini, and I’m forced to hear her nearly every season. My torment never ends. But I’ll be fair, no worries! Her vocals are decent, like the synth edge to some of the vocals distorts them in a fun way. And the creepy, circus-y aspect to the song really does make me uneasy. It’s serial killer in a way that I haven’t seen from a lot of songs as well, so I’m honestly impressed. I just wish the song had a little more emotional depth to it because the vocals feel so flat and plain at times. *10/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 10. This ranked you ELEVENTH overall.
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 10th we had... Braden with Blame It On Your Love by Charli XCX ft. Lizzo
Krystal- Is this what Cats The Musical was like? Oh, the elves are making out. I know that she’s being kind of fucked up, but is this villainous enough? Like this interpretation of villainous is more about a shitty girlfriend than said shitty girlfriend hacking down your bedroom door with an axe, and that’s not quite what I wanted this week. But the song is upbeat, fun, and enjoyable in a way I really like despite that. I put it a little lower because it wasn’t quite fitting the theme enough for me, but I liked it a lot! *9/15*

Deme- Oh wow, I love the way this song sounds? Her voice is so pretty, the instrumental is so fitting and just... nice sounding? My only issue is that, compared to some of the other songs, it doesn't feel all that villainous to me... she DOES know she's fucking someone over, though, so like- alright, it fits! Bop! *11/15*

Jaxon- Honestly, Charli & Lizzo has got to be the weirdest and most unexpected collaboration I could have thought of in the pop world. I’m not really familiar with Charli because she never really did it for me as an artist, but I honestly kinda liked this song and the Lizzo feature was honestly much appreciated and needed in the song. I see how this song fits the theme and even though it wasn’t quite my interpretation I would have had on it, I think it worked well enough. *9/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 9.67. This ranked you TENTH overall.
892 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
A lot of songs did not give villain tbh
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 9th we had... JJ with Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift
Jaxon- As basic as this song is, I also feel like it is quite the risk to post because LWYMMD is kind of a very contro Taylor song in terms of it was not that well received by the public? Anyways, that is not me because Reputation is THE Taylor Era for me and I think this song really kicked it off beautifully for me. The chorus is admittedly a bit repetitive, but I mean nothing beats the bridge in this song and the absolute iconicness it brings. I was honestly a bit surprised to see it not have been used in a previous season, but hey it is being used now. *7/15*

Krystal- This is more of a villain song than the other Taylor Swift song, at least by my standards. I like the beat, I like her vocals, and I just like how her voice is all breathy and quietly angry until it builds up into the chorus. Like this song is all about getting revenge and kicking ass. But I’ll admit once the song reaches a certain point, my enjoyment of it drops because her vocals get all plain and blank and boring before popping right back into the enjoyable parts. It’s like… both a very fun song, and also a song I can tell was clearly meant to make it on the radio. *11/15*

Deme- More new Taylor! My main issue with this one is the chorus, but like... it's a bop? I can't deny it's a bop? And it definitely feels fitting for this week, so go off. Great pick. *9/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 9. This ranked you NINTH overall.
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 8th we had... Christian with no body, no crime by Taylor Swift
Jaxon- So for me… most of Folklore & Evermore are not very fun to listen to and bore me. However, there are a few songs on both albums that just hit and absolutely slay the rest out of the park. This is one of those songs, and this song is easily my favorite song on Evermore. I looooooove the storytelling in this song, and I think not necessarily the song but the components this song has really hits the nail on the head for what I imagine when encompassing a villain. For me this song definitely worked out really well and will be ranked high for me. *2/15*

Krystal- This is one of the few songs from Taylor’s newer music that I remember liking. Her vocals are solid and pair well with the instrumental. And I do think the twist ending to the song was obvious, but it did lead up to it well. All in all, it was a decent villain song. I just don’t feel like it was dark enough for my tastes. It feels very Clue mystery. And the vibes were typical Taylor, not Taylor’s got a fucking machete and she’s gonna lose it. *12/15*

Deme- Oh, a new Taylor song I... don't dislike? I love that. I love the background vocals, especially - I also love a song with a story, and this is a wild one. Kill him, Taylor. Go off. We love two murders in one song? *12/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8.67. This ranked you EIGHTH overall.
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th we had... Jin with URL Badman by Lily Allen
Deme- I... love this? I didn't think I would ever bop to a song about an internet troll but like, wow? She snapped? The lyrics go off, her voice is just... wow, I love it? And the instrumental is so fitting? Great pick. *6/15*

Jaxon- Miss Allen is really such a breath of fresh air in music. The song itself, I actually really enjoyed and I definitely haven’t heard it before. My biggest problem with it is that it definitely just barely fits the theme in what I was looking for this week. It does so I don’t think it is entirely a negative in that regard, I just don’t think it quite dived deep enough into what I really wanted out of the theme. *10/15*

Krystal- I love Lily Allen! I’ve never heard this song, though. But right now, I’m not entirely sure how this song is villainous just yet? Oh, I’m starting to get it more now that the chorus has come in. This song is really fun and enjoyable, but I’m not entirely sure how much a mouthbreather on Reddit is villainous to me either…? Like yeah, he’s got bad takes, but at the same time I can just close tab on his ass. Not like he burst into my house with a chainsaw and sawed my head clear from my shoulders or something. *8/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8.33. This ranked you SEVENTH overall.
892 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 6th we had... Jordan with Worldwide Torture by Jazmin Bean
Krystal- Woah, Animal Crossing? What villager is that? Now she’s a bunny villager. Coco? The vocals are aggressive once they kick in, and I do enjoy them a lot. It reminds me of Poppy’s newer music. And I am starting to enjoy this sort of distant, space-y talk singing she does in-between. Damn, she is eating innards now. This is definitely a villain song because it gives all this creepy, fucked up energy I like a lot. *2/15*

Jaxon- For me, this week is a step down from your last submission. I kinda loved the music video and the visuals, but unfortunately this isn’t a music video competition. The song just didn’t really work for me and I’m not really sure what exactly it was that put me off. I kinda wanted more with the vocals a bit, it didn’t really have anything in it that jumped out at me and screamed I love this, and this a theme that I really love that will make songs stick out to me on it alone. *13/15*

Deme- Love the instrumental here, wow. The way her vocals kick in with this sweet music just to cut back to that... wow. I didn't think I'd like it, but it works here? When the destroy bit kicks in... hell yeah? Great pick. *3/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 6. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
892 days 13 hours ago
Moviemusicguy123
Yay I got 9th/15th place! Thanks judges!
892 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
My God this week flopped no wonder it took 58 years for results
892 days 13 hours ago
Christian_
stan Jaxon.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!