This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 1: Results Show

Topic » Round 1: Results Show

873 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon

Welcome contestants to the first results show of Versus!

I would personally like to say I was very impressed this round by a lot of the submissions and am looking forward to this season!

We do have some business to take care of....

First, Bruno has not posted so he HAS been DQ'd. He is officially placing 16th, which means we no longer will be having a double elimination and this round will proceed as a normal round.

Second, Coco has received a 3 day bann. The rules do state that a bann will result in a DQ... however, we were sent evidence of how the bann was received and have decided to not DQ Coco from the competition. The bann ends tomorrow and he will have time to post tomorrow for the round.

With that being said, let's get to the results!
873 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
While teams are in effect, I will announce the placements from worst to best. Then I will announce the winning team.
873 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
In 15th we have... JJ with Hey, Ma by Bon Iver
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- These lyrics are so strange. And like the song feels weirdly sad and nostalgic and a bunch of unnamable emotions. Like there’s just an energy to this song I feel like I’m barely grasping at. It does feel like it drags at times, though, and I kind of want more. *13/15*

Deme- I wasn't sure what I was expecting from Bon Iver, but it wasn't this. I love the way the vocals sound here, and I wasn't expecting to like the instrumental but like... it works? It works? No idea what the lyrics were about, though 💖. *15/15*

Jaxon- I’m pretty sure there are some Bon Iver fans on the panel(?)… but I am not one of them tbh. Honestly, this is the only song this week so far that didn’t quite make it to the average category for me of being indifferent, I lean slightly towards not being a fan of it. I don’t really know what is it about him… I think I just don’t like his singing voice. While this was a miss for me, I don’t think it will be a miss for everyone. *15/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 14.33. This ranked you FIFTEENTH overall.
873 days 23 hours ago
Maxi1234
finally omg
873 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
In 14th we have... LaCroix with Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- Honestly, I like this song. I think he has a really nice and easy voice to listen to and just tune out to. The only negative thing I’d say about the song is it can kind of get boring and repetitive by the end of the song. All in all, it definitely isn’t a song I hate and put at the bottom, but it isn’t a song I’m gonna get attached too and want to keep it at my top either. *9/15*

Krystal- Why does the intro sound like Christmas music? His singing voice reminds me of The Smiths in that depressed eating beans on toast kind of way. This song feels like I’m stuck wading through molasses. *14/15*

Deme- Oh my god wait, it's this song? What a bop? I love the instrumental, wow wow wow. His vocals are so good, too? They work perfectly together, and the lyrics go off- great pick! *14/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 12.33. This ranked you FOURTEENTH overall.
873 days 23 hours ago
Maxi1234
hi jaxon notice me please
873 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
In 13th we have... Brittany with Meet Me At Our Spot by Willow, The Anxiety, & Tyler Cole
Jaxon- Honestly, probably my second fav Smith behind Gammy Adrienne. I think posting a live song is ALWAYS a risk in a competition like this… however, to me this definitely proved that Willow can sing without the production behind it and how similar it sounds really impresses me. I will say that hearing the chorus every fifth tik tok is not in your favor… but the song is by no means bad I do like it. *10/15*

Krystal- I’ve heard very few songs by Willow, but I’m Willow-ing (willing… get it… no…? I tried…) to go for it. Their voices work well together, and Willow’s voice especially stands out with these strong, emotional vocals from the start. Something is weird and eerie about them in a way I like. I’ll admit the male vocals are a little too whiny and not in the way I like it. *11/15*

Deme- Oh, wow, this is live? I was nervous, but the vocals here are... so great? And I love love looove the chorus. These two sound great together, alright. Great pick! *11/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 10.67. This tied with another contestant, but you were not favored in a vote of 1-2. This ranked you THIRTEENTH overall.
873 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
Thank you for attending Max Ora :o
873 days 23 hours ago
Maxi1234
that song deserved 15th
873 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
In 12th we have... Chris with Sun by Two Door Cinema Club
Krystal- There’s a great remix of this song that I love to bits! I haven’t heard the original in a while, though, so let’s see how it holds up. The guitar has this electric feel to it paired with these sweeter, lovely vocals that I do like quite a lot. Like there’s just something sentimental and sweet paired with this electronic vibe I can’t get enough of it. It really pulls me in, and I’m impressed! *8/15*

Jaxon- This is another submission for me that I don’t think is bad… I just don’t think it aligns very well with my personal taste. It’s not a bad song, and I did enjoy the beat of it and the vocals… but it comes off as forgettable to me and didn’t leave any real impression. I know you have a lot of potential in this competition and I think you have the capabilities to do well, and I am looking forward to seeing your journey throughout. *14/15*

Deme- Oh, oh wow, the instrumental here is so fun? I love... the guitar? I think that's guitar? Maybe? Whatever it is... good for them. The "what would you say, what would you say, what would you do" bit goes off, especially. Great pick. *10/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 10.67. This tied with another contestant, but you were favored in a vote of 2-1. This ranked you TWELTH overall.
873 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 11th we have... Lukas with Paprika by Japanese Breakfast
Krystal- People seem to really like this band, though I’ve never really listened to them. The vocals are whiny, but at the same time they aren’t? It’s hard to describe, but I am starting to get into it. Like Grimes without making me want to bleed out of my ears. This song is just sweet and fun and cute sounding, but there’s this undertone to it that’s a little unsettling in a way I really like. *5/15*

Deme- ...Oh I love her voice? Oh? It's so cute sounding? And when the background vocals kick in, wow- absolute bop. I love it. The high notes, too- okay, okay! Great pick! *13/15*

Jaxon- There is a lot of things I like about this song… I think you took a good risk by posting something I have never heard of and I think the singer has a really pleasant voice to listen to. I do think with it all put together, there is something missing in the song for me to make it really stand out as something I would listen to on my own time… but I don’t think it is a bad or average song by any means. I think this is a good first step though and it shows me a lot of potential for future rounds. *11/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 9.67. This ranked you ELEVENTH overall.
873 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 10th we have... Hunty with How Long Have You Known? by DIIV
Deme- Ooh, the instrumental's so good for this one? I love the quiet, echo-y sound of the vocals - they work surprisingly well with the instrumental? Alright? Great pick! *4/15*

Krystal- Why’d he cut his hair and then an avocado…? That was a very long intro, and what it led to doesn’t really impress me too much. The vocals are super quiet, so it’s hard to hear over the instrumental which isn’t even that loud. Maybe the muted quality is intentional, but I’m just not that interested listening to this. *15/15*

Jaxon- Honestly, this song really worked for me. I love the echoey production the song has and it fits the theme to what I wanted to see this week. There was definitely some strong competition this week, but it definitely falls into the upper levels of my personal feelings in what I liked. I would have liked a bit more lyrical content but I think the song really worked on its own with the minimalism and focus on the beat. I enjoyed this song it was a great submission! *8/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 9. This ranked you TENTH overall.
873 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 9th we have... Charlie with I Can Talk by Two Door Cinema Club
Krystal- I do really appreciate the love for Two Door Cinema Club going on right now because I had a slight obsession with them for a bit. The instrumental is fun and weird at the start which I like. I do think the vocals feel a little plain at first, though. It does get better when that weird instrumental comes back in. And I do really like just how chaotic it feels. Like a lot is going on, but it is very likeable chaos. *6/15*

Jaxon- So, I *always* think it is a choice to post the same artist someone had in a theme that is super open. However, I think your Two Door Cinema Club song was better than the other one posted this week. It still isn’t in the league of my top submissions this week, but I feel slightly positive about it. It didn’t amaze me but I also could see myself having it on as a background song to tune out the world with. *12/15*

Deme- ...What the hell is this intro- oh, the music's going off, okay nevermind! I love the way the vocals sound here, especially when they all get layered over each other, and the chorus is so upbeat and just... good? Great pick. *7/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8.33. This ranked you NINTH overall.
873 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 8th we have... Drew with River by Bishop Briggs
Jaxon- I’m familiar with song… I think maybe from The Voice? Anyways, I am in LOVE with this beat. I think you are entering this season extremely strong and proving why you needed a second chance. I honestly have nothing to critique about this submission, I’d agree Soundcloud is a very indie way to start a career by the definition we gave and I think you really succeeded this week in giving me a song that fits the theme and my personal taste with a catchy beat and great vocals. *3/15*

Krystal- Her singing voice is overpowered by the instrumental, especially that fucking pounding sound. Like not to knock on wood, but WHO KEEPS KNOCKING ON WOOD? Stop. Stop it. Stop it. Her singing voice is lovely if only I could hear it!!!!! I do like the chorus. It is very lovely and fun and it makes up for the beginning of the song. *12/15*

Deme- Okay, wow. I absolutely love this one - the strong vocals, the lyrics, the instrumental, the beat in the background? I love the chorus, especially. Great pick! *9/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 1-2 you were not favored. This ranked you EIGHTH overall.
873 days 22 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Coco with Obstacles by Syd Matters
Deme- ...Is this from Life Is Strange? Oh, it is! I... was not expecting to recognize this one, alright. I love love looove the music from that game, so go off. Great pick. I love the vocals here, holy shit, and the way they work with the instrumental... yes? Yes. Also fuck Chloe Price! 💖 *1/15*

Jaxon- I’m not going to lie…. I did not love this song. It started out really slow, and in my mind I was hoping for it to really pick up and absolutely serve at the end… but it never quite reached that point for me? Though this wasn’t my personal preference, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was working for another judge on the panel because I do think it appeals to other taste more than mine. I didn’t hate the song by any means… it just bored me a bit and the lyrics didn’t hit for me to connect with a slower paced song :(. *13/15*

Krystal- Beam me up! This is some kind of UFO sound. Oh, wow, I know this song. What do I know it from? Oh my god, it’s gonna drive me mad. A movie, I think? No, seriously, what did this song come from? LIFE IS STRANGE! It wasn’t a movie. Thanks for fucking with my mind. I just realized you said this on the forum, but I’m in it now and you’re here with me and so is Chloe Price (do NOT interact with my rankings, Demgirl6. Fuck off.) This song is kind of eerie and fun and scary in a way that works so well with its like media, I guess? I dunno. It makes me kind of sad, too. I like it. *10/15*

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 2-1 you were favored. This ranked you SEVENTH overall.
873 days 22 hours ago
Maxi1234
omg i kinda ate

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!