This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 2: Results Show

Topic » Round 2: Results Show

1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon

Welcome final 14. This week we gave you guys a lot of freedom with the style and genre of song to post. Some shined... and some did not to put in nicely.

Where did you fall tonight? Lets find out.
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
If I call your name please step forward...
Brittany
Josh
Sergio
James
Rocky
Zach.

You 6 makes up our top 3 rankers and bottom 3 rankers for this round.
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 4th place we have Michael with Say My Name by Destinys Child!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - -  - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - -- -
Deme- Okay, I don't think there was a question if this would end up ranked high or not. It's a Destiny's Child song - they only ever made bops, and their vocals are all insanely good. This song in particular is just... a vibe. Great pick! *3/14*

Josh- I got to be honest, I’m not a huge Beyonce person. I don’t understand the craze behind her or why people are so rabid for her. That being said, Say My Name is really such a good song. *3/14*

Jaxon- Personally for me, Destinys Child is so much better than Beyonce in her solo career… or maybe ots just early Beyonce in general, and this song just proves it perfectly. This is going to be and already is one of those timeless bops that will never get old and will never get the skip on my playlist. This is a very safe, but smart choice and I personally can’t rank it low. *6/14*

Krystal- I think the music video is fun because of the color coding. And as expected of Destiny’s Child, their vocals are all good. I especially like their harmonizing and the way they sing over each other at times. Beyonce especially shines during this song because her solo parts are perfect. I would never complain about hearing a song by Destiny’s Child and this one is no different. *9/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 5.25. This tied with another contestant, but by a vote of 3-1 you landed in FOURTH place.
1102 days 1 hour ago
tswiftlover13
Here 💜
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 5th place we have Beck with Smooth by Santana ft. Rob Thomas!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - -  - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - -- -
Krystal- By far one of the best songs ever! I absolutely love the way Santana uses this sort of synth around the vocals and the way it feels just as smooth as the title. The instrumental is perfect when paired with the singing. And I love the way he keeps control over the pace of the song because even when it slows down, it feels worth it to wait for the pacing to speed back up again. I could never rank this low. *4/14*

Deme- It's a bop. I don't know what else to say. The vocals are great, the instrumental is craaazy - there's no way this is going any lower than it is. Great pick! *5/14*

Josh- Oh my god, I’m a big Rob Thomas fan. I grew up listening to Matchbox 20 so I easily recognized his voice. I really like the funky beat and its overall just such a fun song to listen to? Like I just vibed so hard to this. *5/14*

Jaxon- In all honesty… this is a great song. I knew it immediately for a good reason, and that is a great sign for my rankings. The lineup is extremely good this week, but this will definitely be a standout for me. His voice is nice and intriguing to me to the point I don’t get bored after 30 seconds, and I really appreciate that in a song. I think this was a good pick. *7/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 5.25. This tied with another contestant, but by a vote of 1-3 you landed in FIFTH rank.
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 6th place we have... Tyler with I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith!
Jaxon- I am not going to lie, I really saw Aerosmith and thought… what were they doing in the 90s am I really going to like this song? And then it started and immediately I remembered. This song is SO good. It is so so good, and I think for me it was a great choice… I just hope my panelist feel the same way. I do think there are songs that can OUTDO it… but I think this has a strong possibility of being a top ranker. I do support. *4/14*

Krystal- I think that his vocals are solid, but the song feels a bit too slow-placed for me at times. I will say that his voice saves it, though, because it’s just got enough of that rawness to it that I can’t help but like it. He’s showing his talent off well once the song gets about halfway in. The instrumental is also enjoyable, and I like the use of synth. Love the intensity here! *7/14*

Deme- Oh wow, I forgot that I, like... actually liked this song? It's so good? The vocals are great, obviously, and I usually don't like slower songs but something about this just... goes off? Is it the vocals? The instrumental? Who knows. Great pick! *4/14*

Josh- Huh.. this song seems so much older than it is? Like it reminds me of something you would hear in the mid to late 80s. If my dad was ranking this week I’m sure this would totally be at #1! This just isn’t my kinda song that I go to, even on a throwback kind of day or even rock day. *9/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 6, which ranked you in SIXTH place.
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Stacey with Underneath It All by No Doubt ft. Lady Saw!
Jaxon- I LOVE No doubt. Honestly, I don’t know why Gwen ever left this band for a solo career… it hurts. This song is really nice, and it’s extremely catchy. I love the beat a lot and I love 90s poppy alternative rock music so much. I think the feature worked really well in this song and I really have nothing to complain about. *2/14*

Krystal- Always love Gwen Stefani. Not my favorite No Doubt song, but it’s still a solid song because of Gwen’s vocals. She absolutely carries the song with her singing. The pacing is a bit slower, but the instrumental is solid and I kind of like the way the song drags on a bit because it seems to work well with the singer in question. *8/14*

Deme- This video is... a lot, but I absolutely love the vocals here. It's not my favourite this week, but it's definitely a bop. Great pick! *9/14*

Josh- I just couldn’t get into the groove of this song? I’ve never been a No Doubt fan and I really think Gwen was better in her solo career. Idk when I listen to this song it just makes me think I’m at a beach, and not in a good way. Kids are crying, sand is in uncomfortable places, the salt water splashed into my mouth and I just can’t get the taste out. This song just embodies that for me. *11/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 7.5, which ranked you in SEVENTH place.
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 8th we have... Mannix with We Like To Party by Vengaboys!
Deme- Okay... this is a bop. I don't care. The instrumental goes off, I love their voices, and it's just... so upbeat and fun? They just like to party? Get on the bus??? *6/14*

Josh- Woof, this was definitely a song you picked out yourself. You went, had 5 years of songs to choose from, and you went and picked this. Maybe you just really like Six Flags? I don’t know why but when I listen to this song something about it angers me on the inside. I just really want to break something. I will be blocking this song from appearing on my feed on all platforms. *13/14*

Jaxon- For me this song is just another mindless, upbeat song that is really fun but doesn’t really have any meaning to it. There is definitely a time and place for it, but for me it is not this competition. Objectively, there is nothing wrong with it… it’s just nothing I would listen to on my own by choice. I wish the verses had as much as the chorus did because I think the chorus is head and shoulders above the verses. Luckily for you, theres been more than a couple songs fitting the same category- and maybe its just a product of its time… but its just not stellar for me. *12/14*

Krystal- This song is a lot like Butterfly in that the music was great for electronica. It’s just upbeat and silly and fun to listen to. I like the way the vocals pair with the instrumental and the video fits well with the music. The beat itself is extremely solid and probably one of my favorite parts to it. It’s just that perfect song to dance to from this era and gives me 90s vibes to the max. I think that songs like this often get made fun of for not being so serious, but who wants to dance around to Teardrops On My Guitar? *5/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 9. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2 in the tiebreaker vote. This means we went to previous ranks, where at 6 you ranked higher. This made your overall rank EIGHTH.
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 9th place we have... Carlos with Waiting For Tonight by Jennifer Lopez!
Krystal- The instrumental overpowers her vocals a little bit which I don’t enjoy. But Jennifer Lopez has a pretty good singing voice and I feel like she has control over the song. I like the chorus a lot because it’s just way fun to listen to. I feel like there’s something relaxing and upbeat about this song altogether. *10/14*

Deme- I don't think I've heard this one before, but like... it's a vibe. I'm not a huge fan of how repetitive the instrumental feels (especially with that intro), but for a while it's a bop. And, you know, obviously her vocals are great. Good pick! *10/14*

Josh- JLo has always been kind of an underrated artist in my opinion, but while rating this, its just kind of a middling song to me. I feel like I could totally get down to this song if I was drunk. But is it a good song If I’d just enjoy much more when I was drunk? I don’t know, we’ll see how it turns out. *7/14*

Jaxon- I’m not sure why I am because I don’t stan JLO, but for some reason I do love everything she does. This song is no exception, it’s fun and dancey and everything I want from a song by her. This was a really fun choice and I enjoyed listening to it amongst all the songs. Great choice. *9/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 9. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2 in the tiebreaker vote. This means we went to previous ranks, where at 7 you were ranked lower. This made your overall rank NINTH.
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 10th place we have... Frannie with So Into You by Tamia!
Josh- Gotta be honest, ive never heard of this song before and I don’t even know who Tamia is, but this song is so good. Really glad it was posted so I could be exposed to it. Thank you for that! *4/14*

Jaxon- This song is nice, and I don’t see anything wrong with it. I really just don’t have much to say on it because there isn’t anything great but there also isn’t anything bad in any regard about it. Her voice is really nice, the song itself is kind of boring for me. It’s very middle of the road for me and I think that is where it will end up in my rankings. *10/14*

Krystal- I haven’t ever heard of the singer, but I wouldn’t say the vocals are bad. It’s fun to listen to and the singer has a good voice, but it’s just not impressing me more than any of the other songs. I think I just wanted a lot more than I got from this song choice, even if her vocals were impressive at times, because the pacing wasn’t enough, and the song wasn’t exactly one of a kind. *11/14*

Deme- I'm not a big fan of this, but like... I can't deny that it's good? It's not the type of song I'd usually listen to, but her voice is really, really good and I like the chorus. Good pick! *13/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 9.5 which ranks you TENTH overall.
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 11th place we have... Turkey Lee Curtis with Butterfly by Smile!
Deme- Okay... okay... this song... is a lot, this video is... a lot, and like... I can't genuinely say I'm ranking this as high as I am because of good vocals or anything like that, but... it's such a bop? It's so nostalgic and... absolutely wild? *8/14*

Josh- You know when you are a kid and you’re told if you have nothing nice to say, then just don’t say anything? That was stupid, just like this song. I’ve sat trying to think of something positive to say and put this song in a positive light.. and I just couldn’t. It was annoying to listen to and honestly my life would have been just fine if I had not listened to it at all. This might be one of my least favorite songs I’ve had to listen to out of the entirety of my run as a judge on this show. Yikes. *14/14*

Jaxon- It’s a fun song without a doubt, but I think compared to the lineup I’m being given to rank this week it will just fall towards the bottom for me. It has an infectious beat and it is extremely catchy but it just doesn’t have an umph factor for me, and I’m not sure how the other judges will feel about it… but for me I am glad for you that you have immunity this week. I’m not saying it will definitively be the bottom, but I don’t think it will be seen any justice on my list. *13/14*

Krystal- Mock me all you want, but DDR music should be a genre of its own. This music is a fantastic form of electronica! Not my favorite song from DDR, but it’s at least in my top 5. There’s something about the combination of the high-pitched vocals and the trippy electronica music that blasts you off to another dimension. Like take me on an adventure, ladies, because I’m so with it. The video even fits the vibes because it’s like woah, am I going into the Windows Vista screensaver right now? Exciting all around! *6/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 10.25 which ranks you ELEVENTH overall.
1102 days 1 hour ago
turkeylover
krystal is the best judge methinks
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 3rd place we have...
Zach with Believe by Cher!

Krystal- I absolutely love the deepness of Cher’s singing voice and the electronica used here might have been a bit cheesy but I liked it. Cher has such strong and clear vocals throughout all her songs, but I think this was one of her biggest hits around this time. The lyrics are also super empowering, and she shows a lot of emotion in her singing. This song just makes me feel good when I’m listening to it! *2/14*

Deme- I didn't realize I knew this one until I got around to listening to it and - oh my god? This is a great pick (althought it IS Cher, so I guess that was to be expected). The vibe of it all and the nostalgia combined are just... yes. Yes. *7/14*

Jaxon- This is what… one of Chers many many many hits? This might be THE hit from her. It is honestly so good and her vocals are so eternally impressive. I really think that this song is going to do well all across… but I know there is a certain judge on the panel who absolutely adores Cher. I think this was a smart choice and I honestly didn’t even know it was released between 1997-2001 so I surprised me to see it… but I’m glad I did. *5/14*

Josh- Oh Cher really was sitting there at the age of 52.. and she thought to herself “What if I just realized an amazing song and change the whole music game?” This bitch has one thing for sure and that is nerve. She had the nerve to come in here and show all the singers that you don’t have to be a washed up pop star just because you are old. You can come out here and still release banger hits. *2/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4 which ranked you THIRD overall.
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The winner of 1997-2001 week is...
James with ...Baby One More Time by Britney Spears!
Josh- I really tried to go into this week with no bias of songs being popular or not… but damn, there is a reason this song blew up as much as it did. Its honestly such a good such that is so catchy. It’s the song that launched a pop icon that inspired many singers for the next generation to come. Studios tried to copy the success of Britney and no one even came close. She is a legend and this song is in hand, legendary. *1/14*

Jaxon- Who doesn’t like Britney? Especially THIS song. It is so catchy and I know every word to it. This song does exist on my playlist and there is nothing more I like than driving and turning my music to full volume singing along with it. It is a classic and great representation of this span of years. The bridge into the final chorus gives me absolute life and is everything. While it won’t get my number 1… I have a strong feeling this will end up being the overall number 1 of the week… especially since it is in my top 3 nonetheless. *3/14*

Krystal- https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif
…Once again, you’re getting my #1! Britney Spears is an amazing singer and this song is one of my favorites by her. There’s just something about her vocals that’s electric and gives me chills. There is not one part of this song that I could ever hate. I don’t think there are many songs that could top Baby One More Time because it was truly a driving song during the period we chose. *1/14*

Deme- Okay... it's Britney Spears. Obviously this is going super high. All of her songs are bops, and ...Baby One More Time is no exception. Love her voice, love the instrumental, love the vibe, love the nostalgia - great pick overall! *2/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.75! Congratulations, you have earned immunity for week 3!
1102 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
Which leaves...
Brittany in second with Everywhere by Michelle Branch!
Jaxon- CAUSE YOU’RE EVERYWHERE TO ME, AND WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES ITS YOU I SEE! This was the song this week that I didn’t know I needed until I got it, and I applaud you for that! Literally this is such a great song that has absolutely zero flaws. Great vocals, great lyrics, great sound to it. It checks every mark for me with a good song and honestly if anything beats this I may just surprise myself with that. *1/14*

Krystal- I love this song so much! It makes me want to bop to it every single time. Her vocals, the instrumental, and the backup vocals are all so perfect together. And that sudden drop in audio only for her to say, “I’m not alone.” feels so good anytime I listen to it. The nostalgia factor helps a lot, but her voice is just good, and I think that this is probably going to stay high up in my rankings. Thank you for reminding me it existed! *3/14*

Deme- I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but I'm pleasantly surprised! I love love love her voice, and the instrumental's actually like... really good? Kinda mad I haven't heard this before now. Great pick! *1/14*

Josh- Honestly you know those songs you jam out to as a kid and then you just forget they exist completely until they randomly pop up into your life again? This is totally one of those songs. It was great revisiting this song and I’m totally making sure I add it onto my throwback playlist. *6/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.75 which ranked you SECOND overall.
1102 days 1 hour ago
tswiftlover13
Omg thank you!!!!! Yussssss

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!