This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S5 South Africa Discussion

Topic » S5 South Africa Discussion

1946 days 1 hour ago
bigben1996
CAST
------

Amanda (MarthaSpeaks)
Andrew (turney1805)
Benjamin X. (BENLINUS)
Christian (Christian37)
Drew (Tester)
Eoin (Eoin)
GP (Survivorgame1)
J.D. (NewNightmare7)
Johnny (sportgeek12)
JP (TwentyOnePilots)
Kolby (ThePug)
Kylie (KylieJenner)
Logan (Logie56)
Thomas (Iconique)
Tim (lionsden121)
Zach (trollol)
1946 days 1 hour ago
bigben1996
I'll make an initial cast assessment sometime within the next 24 hours.
1945 days 17 hours ago
Qazwdxedc
benlinus sucks ass, first boot prediction

tim is annoying sand complains about riggage

GP? ewow havent seen him in a while, i know him as paul

jd is nice but not sure he wins. def makes it far tho good socially

havent seen turney play a game but hes a known hoster

kolby will he active

amanda wont win

johnny is nice but dint think he wins

eoin is aight when hes active

ive seen logan around dk him tho
1945 days 13 hours ago
bigben1996
Jared (NewNightmare7) Confessional EP:1

Hola Senorita, Como es stas?

If thats how to actually spell it...thats all ik in spanish lol.

But yay!!! I made it on to Generation 2! And Season 5! I have never played a 5th season in a series before so I hope 5 is my lucky number. However, this series has been very unlucky for me altogether.

The fact that I got to play 3 seasons in gen 1 is beyond me cause I basically sucked in all 3 seasons I played. Iceland was a mess. It was one of the first seasons ive ever played in Group Games and I was incredibly young altogether so I never played to a smart extant and instead yelled at people when shit didnt go my way *cuts to my fight with Juice after the final 10 vote*

Blood Vs. Water was an even bigger mess! I was so excited to try again and make my mark on the series...I get voted out 3rd and was outcasted from the get go. That sucked so badly but I had 1 more chance in Maldives and I did arguably better especially with a 22 person cast yet I still got cut 1 vote before the merge because I was framed for a vote I didnt do.

All of those seasons sucked for me so this time I am ready to actually play, no idols, just a social game and I do believe I have a good social game.

I am also really excited Benjamin is in this season with me. I have yet to actually play with him but we have already talked and made an alliance during the casting process. Hes chill we talk alot so why not try to go as far as we can right?

Idk much of the other people except Paul and Tim whom ive both played with before so this will be a fun chance to try to make some new friends. Plus many people might not know my gameplay :p

This twist is also very interesting to me because I want to be one of those captains so I can build the better team. Ben has already stepped up for it so if a third person goes at it, im going to. We need a strong tribe (and maybe a person or two we can cut easily).

Im very excited to play and hope I do well this time.
1945 days 13 hours ago
bigben1996
Benjamin X. (BENLINUS) Confessional EP:1

This will be my second time playing Bigben's Survivor, and I sometimes wonder if its two times too many because he is by far the poor mans NJKoda. The only redeeming part about Bigben's Survivor is that he doesn't rig which can't be said for all hosts x

Anyway, in all seriousness I like this cast. I'm fully expecting to go down quickly in OTTN style. Not only because I haven't played a game in almost two years but because the month of December is NOT a good time for me to be out here trying to play Survivor but oh fucking well.

My agreement was that I'd play if I could go on a yellow tribe, which has already been taken from me by this Leadership Challenge. I didn't want to step up but I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to take control. I'm fully expecting Ben to be a complete shit and suddenly go haha jk you just picked EACH OTHERS TRIBES!!!!!!!!!!!! #bIgBeNbIgMovEz

If that happens it reduces this challenge to a disgusting pointless twist so I trust Ben won't anger us like this...

Looking at the cast there's definitely a few people I'd want to start this game with. I know a majority of the cast to some degree, but very few of them I have any sort of friendship with. I definitely want to end up with J.D. and Tim because they're the two people I'll have the best chance aligning with. Johnny seems like an alright guy too, and I feel that I'd be able to get a relationship going with Drew too. Beyond that I've come across Andrew, Thomas, Christian, Eoin, GP, Kolby and Logan before... some are just names I've played with and others are potential allies. Some I'd be looking to vote out the first shot I get.

I don't have a game plan coming into this season, my goal is to just enjoy myself and reach the jury if I can, and anything else that comes of this is a plus. I'm willing to work with anyone and I'm willing to vote for anyone.

I've told a few people I'll go for leadership, and that they should only do the same if a third/fourth person steps up because then we have a better shot of taking control of the decisions. I expect more will throw their hats in, because no one is going to pass up having this much power on day one.
1945 days 13 hours ago
bigben1996
Kolby (ThePug) Confessional EP:1

I'm taking bets on what natural disaster will take me out of the game this time. Make sure to join in on the pool! Are you placing your coin on an earthquake? Forest-fire? hmm... Shit, I am by the gulf, Tsunami? Last time when Hurricane Harvey made me quit this series that was boring, this time I want to go bigger! If it isn't even just a little slight ebola outbreak I'll be disappointed.

So, I'm Kolby! To the exactly ten people in the Viewers Lounge that may or may not care about this information. Don't hedge your bets on me, I don't know how to play Survivor but I will pretend like I do; I'm bound to get too cocky at some point and be blindsided, at least there's no idols, those are my biggest downfalls.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/ae4f3e8419d12315c2c91e0b7d7a1494/tumblr_p7ut5vBrzY1talut1o2_400.gif

I've begun my work on reaching out with the cast, the first person I go to is Christian! He's bold enough to randomly step-up, he's got some weird demonly creature as his profile pic, I look like I'm doing some wiccan seance in mine, perfect match, right! Wrong. I go to him, and his replies are deadass all these, "yeah" and one-word replies, I just felt like I chugged some fucking Nyquil, yawning and shit as I'm attempting to communicate with this guy. Boo. Boring.

Next, I reached out to Mr. Ben Linus, since like, I don't want him to channel some smoke monster on my ass, I need him on my side. He's an old-school player and seems to be a great host, I'm talking on an equal level with him, I'm trying to dumb myself down with everyone else but I think I can create more of a bond with him this way. I'd love to actually go far with him, but obviously not all the way. Additionally I have a feeling he'll be getting one of the leader positions regardless of if there's a challenge. His goal is to build a strong tribe to defeat the other in a challenge, which is the politically correct answer there! But is it the truth?

I've spoke a bit to Logan, Paul, Eoin, whom I'm all working on. Logan and I have a bit of a connection from another Viewers Lounge, Paul seems super happy, and that kind of sketches me out, like, I need him to tone it down a notch for me to truth him. I casually mentioned getting snatched up by a hurricane by Eoin and am about to discuss his Irish heritage. I'll be Irish then too!

Finally, I know I have Tim and JP on my side. Well, if JP mentions him being the "King of The Clouds" or any other Panic! At The Disco reference he's first boot.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/275c9ccc4cf3492a7eac748b75d3ad6a/tenor.gif
1945 days 13 hours ago
Christian_
c/p'ing some tea from qaz

tim is annoying sand complains about riggage

i hope turney doesnt flop like he did in cutthroat @_@

rooting for my multi christian37!

other ben seems iconic

logie is a king

kolby is a christ warrior so go him

thought jp left the site lol

eoin is good too

think thats about it
1945 days 13 hours ago
bigben1996

Already giving more than you asked for. Don't say I never do anything for you.

So naturally myself and J.D. are speaking and we assume we've got these potential alliances around, throwing names saying that Tim could be good, Drew etc. He mentioned he doesn't want Eoin or GP on his tribe, I said fine. Even though I personally wouldn't mind either of them.

Kolby reaches out to me to talk, and it felt like a very standard mail that he's probably done for a few people with a bit of personalising. I appreciate the effort but I'm not one to fall for flattery. But really in a game like this you want numbers fast, and if he's willing to work with me then I'm willing to work with him. Also semi-funny story... he talks to me about my group game and I'm lowkey like ugh okay he's trying to complement me and I'm rolling my eyes a bit because I think he's this person called Noah F. ... who was "TheLogic". But this is "ThePug" and I somehow got so mixed up, and I am being such a fool saying "Yeah uh, if you want to play my season again you'd have to do second chances". He said "Awesome" which tells me

A - It is just flattery and I hate flattery

B - He probably isn't reading what I said in great detail anyway. Which thank God because that's so damn embarrassing on my part not realising who I'm talking to. If someone said to me "you can do second chances" and I ain't even had a first chance I'd fully report their dementia to someone </3

Anyway, the exchange kind of ended with us making this agreement to work together if I pick him for my tribe (if I get the captain position).

Now onto the captain position...

Tim decides to stand for it. Why? I don't know. Tim should know I had his back and would have picked him, but he's now thrown a third name out there which naturally will force a forth and maybe a fifth, because most people don't want to unnecessarily cause a competition. Tim has unnecessarily caused that competition and a few people have told me they eyerolled at his decision. Thinking that Tim would understand that he or I could be captain and work together, I told him oh no if we both go for captain we might not be on the same tribe etc.

This was our exchange in near verbatim

Me: "I'd be willing to step down if its just you and Christian, but would you pick me? And who else would you pick?"

Him: "Then step down and I'll pick you"

Me: (wanting an answer to my question and to properly negotiate this) "But who else would you have in mind to pick?"

- Tim goes offline. Also two others tell me Tim is messaging them in the process and that they don't know how reliable he'll be. -

By no means do I think I'm entitled to this captain position, hence me being willing to step down. I want to ensure though that the twist benefits me somehow, and that can't be the case if others aren't willing to be open and just talk and make deals. We can't say wait for the tribes to be known because for the tribes to be known we've got to undoubtedly make deals... -_- it's put it all in reverse and Tim can't be playing shady with us this early on. He needs to be answering questions, and I'd answer any too...

I'm not giving up hope on Tim because I do like him, but I've never played with him before so this leaves me weary. I've hosted for him twice and in his more recent season a lot of people complained he didn't give off good vibes, and now that a few others have said that here and I'm feeling a bit uneasy it doesn't surprise me.

So J.D. has thankfully taken a stand down, and hopefully those of us who stand can come to a private mutual agreement, and avoid a challenge altogether. Let us pick two of us to go forward and benefit all our games.
1945 days 13 hours ago
Christian_
I've hosted for him twice and in his more recent season a lot of people complained he didn't give off good vibes, and now that a few others have said that here and I'm feeling a bit uneasy it doesn't surprise me.

honestly ben is so woke i rly cant, strategic legend!!!
1945 days 13 hours ago
bigben1996
Also, Kylie #multialert is being replaced by Mike (Pieguy555)!
1945 days 13 hours ago
Christian_
wow ur telling me kyliejenner is a multi O:

also yay mike mi amo he gonna slay the game and the faves that's MY rivals winner <3
1945 days 3 hours ago
bigben1996
OTHER NEWZ
-----------------

- Kolby talks about how Christian might be one of the most boring people he's met and that he's surprised how he made a move to try and become a captain.

- Benjamin has been talking about people's social games being piss like Drew and Johnny.  However, despite trying to see through Kolby he says that he seemed alright. 

- Benjamin and JD are clearly the pair to watch out for this game as they both went to be captains so they can dictate the future of their games.
1945 days 2 hours ago
bigben1996
Jared (NewNightmare7) Confessional EP:1

Its not even the end of the first day and I already want to die.

It is so frustrating trying to talk with pretty much everyone. Benjamin is fine, we talk alot and we are hoping only 1 of us become a captain, then we pick the other but we have been trying to work out our team for a while and we had a couple people in mind...

So we tried talking to some just to get a feel out and my god these people cannot hold a conversation at all...Tim has no social game whatsoever and just acts like a fool and is like already trying to get Benjamin to step down from captain for his own gain but im like wtf no. Honestly I rather have him be a captain and one of us be the other just so I dont have to put up with him for pre merge. He might be active but im not having it...

Logan barely answers to anything and it was annoying so that convo stopped in like 10 minutes...

Johnny is the same with his obscurity but hes opening up more which is nice.

Kolby actually does talk and knows what the fuck he is doing, my issue with him is sometimes he comes across disingenuous and seems like way too happy most of the time but after today that might change. Aside from that I do like talking to him because he actually talks.

By far, the worst of all of them is Drew. All he does is give off 1 word answers or tries to be funny but it doesnt work, its rather annoying and I rather have his annoyance on the other tribe where he can get pre merged. Or have him on my tribe and I will do it myself :p. Like, why does he apply to games if hes not gonna talk? I dont get it....

I do get its the first day and no one wants to talk because there arent any tribes but do they not realise they are going to be picked into a tribe? There are so far 4 of us that can decide this. Wouldnt you want to try talking to us so you can try to get a good tribe going? Like jesus...

Ugh, my pimples hurt from all this.
1944 days 5 hours ago
bigben1996

Right well I said to JD lets practice this challenge, send it to each other etc.

He did it pretty fast, and I did mine and as I'm starting I thought, I'm not sure I actually WANT to go for this captain position... I mean yes I wouldn't mind it and want to influence who I'm with, but if I think I can do that whilst letting JD or Tim (mostly JD) be captain, then surely that's the smarter option. So I'm sure I'd probably lose this to JD anyway he's faster than I am... but just to be sure I took gaps between my mails and I said "Oh look at this laagggggg for me" ... 100% he'd beat me still but I had to really hammer in that I was so awful we can't even risk me going for it.

So hopefully JD says he'll go for it, and we can formulate a list of some sort together. If not, Tim takes this and we get in Tims headdddd. Apart of me thinks I hope Tim wins the damn thing so he puts me with JD and you don't try the most of all stupid twists by saying "ha you were picking each others tribes xxx". I expected to come into this game having people who'd talk, and so far only JD and Kolby have shown me they can do that of those I've spoken to.

Drew replied to me with a smiley face... a smiley face!!!! :( JD messaged me too saying talking to Drew made him want to die because Drew kept making comments like

JD: What's up
Drew: The ceiling

THIS IS A GAME FOR BIGBEN SOLE SURVIVOR GLORY LETS TAKE IT FUCKING SERIOUSLY PEOPLE
1944 days 3 hours ago
bigben1996
Tswana *Yellow Buffs*

Benjamin X. (BENLINUS)
Christian (Christian37)
GP (Survivorgame1)
J.D. (NewNightmare7)
Johnny (sportgeek12)
JP (TwentyOnePilots)
Mike (Pieguy555)
Zach (trollol)

Zulu *Red Buffs*

Amanda (MarthaSpeaks)
Andrew (turney1805)
Drew (Tester)
Eoin (Eoin)
Kolby (ThePug)
Logan (Logie56)
Thomas (Iconique)
Tim (lionsden121)
1944 days 3 hours ago
bigben1996
Christian (Christian37) Confessional EP:1

Confession:
Oof i didnt get on tribe with kolby. That sucks. Me and him had big plans. However im happy with my tribe. We have strong people so we can win comps and guys like Zach to vote out incase we lose. This season im using a strategy i have used before. Eliminate every person who has a bigger chance at winning in FTC than me. Unfortunately this season there are alot of good players but i wont give up just yet.

open group

[VL] BigBen's Survivor

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!