This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Jury Questioning

Topic » Jury Questioning

1569 days 4 hours ago
bigben1996
Welcome Christian, Erik, and Ethan to Final Tribal Council. The power now shifts to the jury who will vote for the Sole Survivor of Caribbean - Last Chances.

We'll now bring in the members of the jury: Clair, Absolita, Hufus, Brian, James, Billy, John, Livingston, Josh, Harry, Kyle, and Barbra voted out at the last tribal council.

Christian, Erik, and Ethan you may each make an opening statement. The jury members can either make comments or ask questions, there is no limit to the amount they do or don't say. Once you have decided who to vote for please mail me your vote.

Votes are due by 7pm EST on December 12th (Thursday).  The reunion will follow afterwards.
1569 days 4 hours ago
Christian_
Congratulations!
You’ve received an advantage in the game.  In front of you the atrocious jury speech that Scott (Fobbyiyg) used at the “Final Tribal Council” in Survivor Nepal.  Scott was the hands-on favorite to win and completely ruined his chances of winning by posting a speech stating he didn’t deserve to win.
Despite, Fobby’s actions he still received a few jury votes and was still close to winning.  This advantage acts as removing one member from the jury at the final tribal.  Note, you will make this decision before opening statements and if you’re voted out with this power you will need to wield it to another castaway in the game.
don't vote for me

Hey guys, do you like me? No? Of course not.

I know you guys think the I am undeserving.
Honestly I don't deserve the win. Give your vote to someone else.

“My game was pretty much how AJ described it "Physical threat but is a total minion and dumb as hell."

Premerge: AKA The One World Twist doing diddly dick
The only people I knew were Sam, Ty, Nathan and Anthony.
I quickly got an alliance with Bryce due to being in original Limbu.
I played my hardest in challenges not to go to tribal council. That's it

Merge: AKA Why Scott is a sheep to Bryce/Shawn
I was the WORST strategist and you all know this.
My paranoid self made everyone on Bryces side to think Mikey had an idol. He did have one as seen before.
I thought of splitting the vote between Mikey and an expendable but that did not work out.
Keeping the split vote in mind it is my fault that Bryce left. It was our idea to split the vote between Mikey and Chris.
Now to Shawn's boot. I didn't flip, I was willing to go to rocks, I'll let you guys figure that out. After this I was just willing to sheep anyone.

This is when I made a final 3 deal with Brandon and Anthony.
Brandon took charge of the three. Also guess what happened when Mikey was voted out.
Now the rest of the voteoffs were relatively straight forward.

Brandon was at his prime at the finale.
He won the immunity challenges with ease.
We realized that Anthony was the only one left that had been truly loyal to a side,
He was the swing vote and he chose Anthony.

i am the ultimate goat”
Post this to activate your power.

I am now activating my power to REMOVE A JUROR but before I post my decision, I just wanted to say this.

Barbra, you have been acted absolutely horrible to everyone this entire game. The SOLE reason you got so many votes this entire game was because of awful you were to every single person who didn’t do exactly what you said. From what I’ve heard, you emotionally and sexually harassed people to the point where they didn’t feel comfortable around you because you wouldn’t take no for an answer. Every time I won a challenge you always had some snide remark, and you were honestly a completely horrific person to play the game with, and the last month with you has been awful. I may not have been in the majority on any votes tonight, but you self voting out just to get to vote against me is sadly not happening tonight because after making it here, you have NOTHING to show for it as I am removing you from the jury tonight. So long, good riddance.

HAW FUCKING HAW
1569 days 4 hours ago
bigben1996
I can confirm now that Christian has the "JURY REMOVAL ADVANTAGE" which has been handed down from eliminated players.  Barbra will not get a jury vote tonight nor be allowed to be make any form of statement at Final Tribal Council.
1569 days 4 hours ago
YoundAndReckless
Well, It really has been a fun game. I want to thank Ben for hosting. And every single one of you sitting on the jury for the fight you all gave me throughout this game. I came into this game at odds with the person I am. And how I wanted to play this game. Because after so many appearances throughout this series. I have not been able to make it to this point by playing nice. So, I came into this game with one thing on my mind. Making it to the end of this game with a viable chance at taking home the title.

Now, Christian, Ethan and Myself have this opportunity to explain to you all why we feel we should each be crowned the winner of Last Chances. And I want to take this opportunity to let you all know that I will take accountability for my actions throughout this game. Yes, I lied to make it to this point before you all. But, you gotta admit that the lies I made were good lies! Time after time; I shifted things into my favor throughout this game and you all let me get away with it. Not to bash on anyone in the Jury. But, the game is outwit, outplay, outlast. I feel I gave this game my all from Day 1. And when I say I gave it my all. I mean I gave %110 in everything I did. Whether that was searching for Idols (I've searched well over 48 hours for the Idols combined and that isn't exaggerating) I put effort here and I want it to be known. I made bonds with the people I felt necessary for my game and did not take the premerge game lightly as I managed to take out threats to my game for future swaps and the merge. I believe I should get credit for my social game and would like to point out my how self-aware I have been throughout this game especially with relationships.   Time and Time again. I proved to be a strategic force making bold plays even without my allies. But, every move I made was completely rationalized in knowing I was making the right move for my game. Not Ethan's game, Not Christian's game. Mine. I played for myself and really put everything into what could be my Final Season. But, I came here to play. And I hope you all enjoyed watching each of our journeys on making it to this point. I know there will be some sore feelings from some of you. But, I'm hoping you can respect the effort in my game for what it was. I made it to the Final 3 without needing to play an Idol. Without needing the Immunity necklaces. And here I stand before you all with what I feel is a strong enough case to win this game.

I tried to keep my speech as short as possible because I can admit I was pretty gamebotty the entire season. So, here I am. I know I made a ton of questionable moves throughout the game. But, I do believe I outplayed both my competitors sitting beside me tonight. I wont give up the title without a fight tonight. So, please Jurors. Ask what you desire. I'm ready to get Final Tribal Council started! Gl Christian and Ethan!
1569 days 3 hours ago
Brittney
Hello jurors! I'm super happy (and extremely surprised) I get to sit here and plead my case. A month ago, I came into the game during a hectic time in my personal life, which I didn't really share with many people in the cast. I was traveling for work a ton during the first 3 weeks of the game, I went through a little heartbreak, I spent a ton of time studying for my last CPA exam that I took right before we merged (and just found out I passed yesterday!!), and I learned I have chlamydia! It's been a rollercoaster month for me and I'm glad you were all here to take my mind off things, so thank you.

I'm going to make my opening statement brief because I'm tired and it has been a long finale night but I look forward to answering your questions tomorrow!

I believe I put myself in positions in this game to comfortably ride things out. During the premerge portion of the game, I was solid with my alliance and had some connections to players on the other side that protected me when my name would come up as a target. I played hard when I needed things to go my way, but for the most part things happened naturally and I didn't need to force anything. During the first swap it was my conversations with Josh that were credited as the reason he agreed to go to rocks and save Seth when he had the entire alliance badgering him all night. At Final 10, I made the move to secure a new position in the game - I needed to break up our alliance and the bonds that were formed and make sure I was seen as the person who could beat Christian in immunity challenges during the end game. I think this move solidified me with Erik and Seth and Kyle, and despite being a threat, other people's perception of me as the best bet to beat Christian is what prevented them from taking me out.

I certainly didn't have the most bonds in the game, and I didn't make all of the biggest moves. But the entire game I was aware of where I stood, and when I knew I was standing on shaky ground I did what I had to do to make my game stable again.

Good luck Christian and Erik :)
1569 days 1 hour ago
Christian_
Hi jury! I hope y’all don’t mind waiting just a bit longer for my speech, tonight has been one of the craziest nights I’ve had in a while and I want to make sure my speech is 100%, not some half-assed thing I wrote while nearly asleep.

Going to have it posted ASAP when I wake up, but thank y’all for understanding ❤️
1568 days 15 hours ago
Christian_
https://gyazo.com/dd7ea044732a0fc327d0a84d0957cfba.gif

Hello judges! Today using the mystery ingredient baskets for the final round, I have made y'all CHESS CAKE!

https://gyazo.com/0cf97e87213a2003fb3593d55879a995.gif

There is exactly eleven, so one for each member of the jury (hehe)  so feel free to each take one and dig in!

The game of Survivor has often been compared to playing Chess, which led to the perfect idea for this round. The base of the cake is a vanilla butter cake, topped with a mixture of cream cheese, vanilla, and eggs in order to give it that gooey texture, and finally I topped it off with a light dusting of powdered sugar. I feel like much like myself in this game, this chess cake represents me perfectly because it appears to be just a normal cake on the outside, but it really is so much more complex and layered than one would initially expect!

I hope y'all enjoy!
1568 days 15 hours ago
Christian_
Okay y'all, now after that brief interlude, now for the full SPEECH on why I should be crowned Sole Survivor! Just a warning, I am an English major so although I promised myself I would try to condense it down, it is likely this will be a long ramble anyway so :3

So way back when, nearly 4 years ago, I decided to return to TG because I was a bored high schooler and dearly loved Survivor. I linked up with my former best friend at the time, Gaiaphagee, and he convinced me to apply for a game called Big Ben's Blood vs Water as his partner, and I instantly fell in love. The hosting, the people, the VL, everything was so much fun and made me feel so happy I came to the site. And then the dreaded happened: I got flung out in the final pre-merge boot after my alliance member forgot to vote, sending me into a 2-2-2 revote where I was harpooned. I was so devastated, but I had hope that maybe one day I could return! And I did, two seasons later! Where I was promptly Purple Rocked out with an idol in my pocket at Final 10. Well two bad seasons doesn't define anything though right? I would win...hopefully one day. A year or so later, I was then invited to Heroes vs Villains, where despite my best efforts, I was the runner-up. At that point, I just figured I was cursed to never win the series I cared so much about, and mentally retired.

But then, a year or so and 16 seasons later, Benjamin asked me if I would consider playing Last Chances. And a part of me was like "Why bother? I will never come as close as I did in HvV, and I don't want to embarrass myself." but then I figured "Why the fuck not Christian?" I was just finishing up my student teaching, I needed a fun distraction! So I decided to take the leap, and then was promptly revealed as castaway #32 on this exciting journey...

[now that the background has been set]

And so here we are! A month or so later, I have made the FTC seemingly against all the odds. I'm not going to talk about what an amazing player I am, because quite frankly, I didn't get to be the player I would've liked to this season. There were so many moves I would've loved to have been apart of, but that's just not how the cookie crumbled. When I was beginning of where I wanted to start with this speech, I decided to just look up the definition of what a survivor even is, and here's what I found via lovely Google dot com

a person who survives, especially a person remaining alive after an event in which others have died.

the remainder of a group of people or things.

a person who copes well with difficulties in their life.

And honestly, I feel like all of these definitions epitomize what I've gone through in this game. I started this game more than twenty tribal councils ago in the minority. I rarely, if ever, had the luxury of being in a solid majority alliance besides after like 2 votes in the third swap where even that was a miracle in itself. I was supposed to go home for 30th if not for Andrew self voting. Countless people told my alliance mates that they would refuse to flip until I was gone. I fought day in and day out to secure my place in this game one more day at a time. I saw every single ally I ever had get voted out while I could do nothing about it. I may not have been able to make flashy moves, but what I did at the end was SURVIVE.

I survived my entire alliance going home round after round, I survived through winning a record number of challenges, I survived through searching for the idols I needed in order to give me a cushion when I did lose the challenges. And at the end of the day, I am proud of that no matter what. The person who everyone wanted to go home, the person who literally had people so scared of him that they would sabotage their games just for a CHANCE at sending me home, that's who sitting here right now.

I was the person who despite the bad luck in rock draws, tribe swaps, still managed to fight through for all of those who weren't able to. I believe that  is why I deserve to be the sole survivor tonight, because at the end of the day, I survived through thick and thin. My road wasn't easy, but I still made it here against the odds, and I believe that is worthy of the win tonight.
1568 days 15 hours ago
Christian_
Okay now that that long speech is DONE, I just wanted to wrap up my opening statement by thanking some people!

To my alliances, The First Wives, The Final Five, all the unnamed coalitions of the minority, thank YOU for providing me the mental and physical strength to never give up. Your support in my PMs during the final and during the game was what motivated to keep trying my hardest in every single challenge, and I'm so happy to have made it here for all of y'all <3

To Benjamin, thank you for all that you've done. I know I wasn't the best friend to you and we fought a TON, but you never hesitated to be there for me, even when I was an annoying paranoid gamebot.

To my friends outside of the game, Chris, Jake, Dylan, Jacob, Will, ahh so many more I can name thank you for letting me rant to you about this game and giving me support even though I know it must've been absolutely annoying as fuck to hear me go on and on about something you didn't care about.

And then finally, to Big Ben himself, thank you for asking and having me back. You're an amazing host and friend, and it truly is sad to see this game/series come to an end. <3

There is so much more I want to say and thank but these were supposed to be posted in like 2 minutes so I will just cut this short and just answer any questions y'all have in this forum!

Best of luck Ethan and Erik!

1568 days 13 hours ago
Jxhn
Jurors don't create bitter juries; finalists do.

I guess if there is one thing that the majority has fostered this season, it's a really strong rapport amongst the jury. Swaying that opinion is going to be difficult and I wish you all the best of luck in doing so.

Erik - you and I were pretty friendly and when I was at my lowest in this game, you did come to the rescue. However, you completely soiled that during the fast forward night. You went from relying on me to make moves and me looking out for you during the early parts of the game, to not only turning on me and getting an idol played to seal the deal - but also not having the decency to check in afterwards. You didn't find it necessary to acknowledge what happened, own up to move, or frankly even say anything. To me, that was very telling in where we stood and I am disappointed that you didn't find our friendship worth even acknowledging what happened.

Ethan - for a long time this game, I did see you as the leader of the group that ruled the game. I commend you for that. However, being that we haven't spoken very much this season, that's only from my perception. I would love to hear more specifics than what you provided during your speech. Of you and Erik, you probably have the better chance at making a case for why you deserve the win.

Christian - I am so proud of your mind. You had the odds stacked against you the entire time and to make it to the end of this season is really making the whole thing worth it. My question is: how did you find out Santa Claus isn't real?

Thanks again all and good luck.
1568 days 13 hours ago
Christian_
Christian - I am so proud of your mind. You had the odds stacked against you the entire time and to make it to the end of this season is really making the whole thing worth it. My question is: how did you find out Santa Claus isn't real?

❤️❤️❤️
I’m a triplet so my siblings and I did a stakeout one night and pretended my sister was in my room with my brother and I, when really she was waiting to see Santa deliver the presents but then my parents checked to see if we were all sleeping, and dumped the presents under the tree when they thought the coast was clear and then we #exposed them the following morning
It was tragic but it’s still a hilarious memory to talk about with them!
1568 days 12 hours ago
YoundAndReckless
Erik - you and I were pretty friendly and when I was at my lowest in this game, you did come to the rescue. However, you completely soiled that during the fast forward night. You went from relying on me to make moves and me looking out for you during the early parts of the game, to not only turning on me and getting an idol played to seal the deal - but also not having the decency to check in afterwards. You didn't find it necessary to acknowledge what happened, own up to move, or frankly even say anything. To me, that was very telling in where we stood and I am disappointed that you didn't find our friendship worth even acknowledging what happened.

And that is what the Final Tribal Council was designed for. I understand that Christian and you were friends just as much you and I were. But, friendships aside. I played the game a lot more fluidly making bonds with many of you sitting on the Jury. A ton of you on the Jury wanted to be apart of the blindsides happening throughout the game. And im sorry you were unfortunately one of them. Everyone here wanted to make the moves necessary to get themselves to this point. Hell, a lot of you shouldnt have trusted me. I made that very clear round after round. But, somehow I managed to gain the trust of several of you on the Jury to make the moves I needed for my game. Half the time none of the moves i was talking anyone into made sense like Livingston voting himself out of the game. But, I'd like to point out that it was me who made those moves. Christian refused to strategize with half the cast at some point in the game. And Ethan would not have played his Idol for Seth the night you went home John if it weren't for me steering the vote into my favor. So, in short. Im sorry I voted you out. But, I'm hoping you and the Jury can see the amount of control I had over my own game to get myself to this point. Several of you are going to write me off for making the moves you wanted to make thia season. And I for one do not think that is fair when I am sitting before you all ready to own up to my manipulative game.

So, if you have anything else you'd like to ask before completely dismissing my chances John. I'm totally open for whatever this Final Tribal brings. Ask whatever else you'd like. I came into this FTC knowing the battle Id have sitting at FTC. But, every move I made was completely rational and I dont for a second think that Christian nor Ethan played harder than I have.
1568 days 12 hours ago
Jxhn
Erik I am not questioning the merits of your move or why you did it. I am questioning how after you can say that we were close, why you chose to not acknowledge what you did until right now. It wouldn't have taken you very much to say right after fact: "Hey John, I did this. Sorry I had to get rid of you." When I went into Ponderosa, I even said to everyone I understand why I was voted out. Strategically I get it, but if it was your strategy to be a friend to me the whole time and then ghost me as soon as I was expendable, then I can't support your game on social grounds unfortunately.
1568 days 12 hours ago
harrywasnak
Jurors don't create bitter juries; finalists do. (Just following the rules)

Okay y’all my vote is probably decided at this point but I’d like to give two people a chance to explain their game a little more.

Erik- Your lack of self-awareness is incredible. You can’t say your social game is amazing when you have deliberately alienated every single person on this jury. You were a terrible alliance member, as the people around you had to constantly clean up your messes. You showed no real loyalty to anyone and many of us felt that we had to carry you because you were quite literally always drunk. You claimed to be strong in challenges, but you were also using your supposed intoxication as an excuse for not doing your part. Why did we only see your challenge strength in the finale when you claimed it was your goal all along to beat Christian?

I’d also like to talk about Ghost Island. Remember when you went to Ghost Island? We told you to wait until you were sober to play, and you ignored us. Several of us went out of our way to help you, since you losing your vote would’ve caused one of us to leave at the next tribal. We did all of the searching for you, and spent 15 minutes trying to contact you to give you the key. You risked our games with your recklessness and we never got a simple thank you for earning you an advantage. Hufus helped you search, and you repaid him by blindsiding him the very next vote. There is no chance you are getting my vote tonight, but I’d like everyone else to know why you don’t deserve their votes either.

Ethan- I think you played a decent game. However, you said yourself that you were only kept around to beat Christian. If you focused on one goal for the majority of the merge and were unable to achieve it, why should I give you my vote? If you beat Christian, you’d look very deserving right now, but you failed at your main goal. Am I wrong? What part of your strategy am I not seeing? Tell me why I should vote for you.

Christian- You fought hard. The majority of us at the merge aimed to take you out, and every single one of us failed. However, an argument can be made against you. You made very little effort to socialize with anyone that wasn’t currently aligned with you and knowingly voted in minority many times. You say your game was complex, but I’d like examples. Besides winning challenges and finding idols, what did you do to fight your way to the end? If you can explain me how you were indeed actively playing the social and strategic game, my vote is yours.
1568 days 12 hours ago
YoundAndReckless
In response to John -

If I were to have said sorry to every single person I became friends with during my time in this game. I personally feel it would come off extremely fake and might even foster more dislike for myself than I was already creating making the moves I was making. Yes, I made the move for strategic purposes. Because if Seth went home. I would've loss whatever control I had over the game from the Final 8 onwards. It was a completely strategic move for my personal game and was not meant to be done in the malicious manner it did. I created real bonds with many of you on the Jury. Me and Kyle got a snapstreak going. He's big on basketball and just turned 18. Hufus and I bonded over everything but, the game. I got him to finish s9 of TWD and he binged into S10. I was %100 invested in creating those bonds with each of you whereas both Christian/Ethan were very one-sided at many times throughout this game. It wasnt neither of the Finalist sitting next to me shifting the power throughout this game. It was me putting in that extra effort into figuring out votes and I believe it was because of my strong social game at why I am sitting before all of you tonight. I was actively talking to everyone and actively pushing things into my favor. This was a 32 person cast. And I was friends with more than just you John. I am sitting next to two of my closest friends on tg not by accident. But, because I felt comfortable I could win against either of theae fierce competitors. I may have burned a lot of bridges. But, I couldn't sit at the Final Tribal Council with every single one of you I call a friend.
1568 days 12 hours ago
noobsmoke13
Congrats to the 3 of you for doing what 29 of us wished we could (28 if I don't count S*th).

I have a question for all 3 of you. Please tell me why you SHOULDN'T win and then tell me why you SHOULD win. If I get a cop out answer on why you shouldn't, that will tell me you either are shitty at answering questions or extremely un-self aware so answer wisely kings.

open group

BigBen Survivor - End of an Era

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!