This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[Season 8] Week 8 : 👑 Finale + Reunion

Topic » [Season 8] Week 8 : 👑..

1158 days 16 hours ago
nijoco
As the only queen to come high or better in talent, music, runways and comedy, I will leave my head held high watching Naomi Smalls finally get a crown of her own. Love you sis.

Talian, you have a ball series for runways sis *wink*

💜
1158 days 13 hours ago
Faake
Wow... I am speechless.

*inhales to give a massive speach*

I came into this season seeing big winners like Ruby and Fatty participating multiple times but not getting their second crown, so I was convinced that I wouldn't make it either. And, honestly, it didn't bother me, I applied to this season with the intention of trying something new and to make things different. Enobaria came a long way and I felt I really needed to redeem her when I participated on All Stars. So, even after so many seasons being part of the staff, I felt I still owed me and Talian the chance of seeing me compete as a regular racer. As I already said in my speech, I came with the intention of having fun. Everyone had their eyes on my fashion and I knew it, but unlike Enobaria I decided to focus on humor, taking risks and doing new and exciting things. I really feel that Avra ​​and Enobaria are very different and I am very happy to know that I managed to show you that. My main goal was to reach the finale and being able to say "hey, I'm not just a fashonista, I can also be a comedy queen if I want to" ... and then I won three Runway Challenges. But it didn't feel like that, even in challenges like the Talent Show or the Punk challenge I feel I managed to do stand out and show different assets despite not being on top. I also knew that I wasn't gonna win every single challenge, that's why I didn't get frustrated about it and instead of seeing it as a bad thing I said to myself "If you can't win all the challenges, make Talian want to bite his knuckles for not give that win to you." And I managed to spend each week doing things that made me happy, and I don't regret any of the decisions I made throughout this Season. This was also the first season that most of my looks were made from scratch, some even digitally drawn and not cutting pieces from other looks, just a pencil sketch translated to the digital world. By the time I got through the LipSync challenge, the Ball and then the Verse, I feel like I really took the peak and said "I'm here, I do this and I came here to win." I must admit that for a moment I thought that I could win the Top Toot Award and I could call myself "first double winner of the Top Toot Award". But when I saw Daisy win it, I was willing to take my Runner Up spot with a huge smile despite not having won anything, cause that was my main goal. But that didn't mean that I wasn't gonna win at the end, and that I wasn't gonna give my 1009%, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel hungry for that crown. So for the last challenge, I went for something different with my Lipsync, trying to show versatility and prove that all my potential and my cleveress, being true to Avra's style. Same thing with my crowning look, I tried to show a look worthy of a bougie girl who can also be a stunning queen, keeping her essense intact. And I made it!

I'm very happy to have this crown, to make herstory and bring to the universe of Tengaged this message that if you have fun, do your best and let your imagination run wild, even if you are different, good things can happen.

Thank y'all so much for being part of this journey!

XOXO,

Avra.
1158 days 3 hours ago
Talian
Thank you my queen.

I bow to thee.

Now let the music play!

Season 9 coming next month!

open group

👑 Talian’s Drag Race All Winners

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!