This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[Season 5] Week 1 : Runway

Topic » [Season 5] Week 1 : Runway

1482 days 3 hours ago
Talian
Hello everyone! Welcome back to the runway. For the first time this season. One of you will leave the competition. For good.

Earlier this week, you’ve been asked to write and perform a CRIMINAL verse for the drag version of “Cell Block Tango” and... ok. You delivered.

Later png he runway category is : Flapper Realness. You were asked to strut the runway in your best jazz dancer outfit.

So, as use, to present, here is crown and prison yard queen (don’t ask how she got this title) Twinkies LaChapelle!

https://i.imgur.com/66wpt0w.gif

🚨 Lucinda Rear : https://imgur.com/a/c0ZNHhB
🚨 Zsa Zsa Tea : https://imgur.com/a/05FGApb
🚨 Gemini : https://imgur.com/gallery/uXhnBxq
🚨 Ariel Grande : https://imgur.com/WlswYMS
🚨 Tara Toma : https://imgur.com/a/pO8Q9EU
🚨 Rat : https://imgur.com/tUdHcN4
🚨 Jasmine Side : https://imgur.com/a/VYyd48N
🚨 Litter Alley : https://imgur.com/pbA7WGY
🚨 Parah Dice : https://imgur.com/a/z8aDoM7
🚨 Princess Sprinkle Pony : https://imgur.com/a/Hv69nU4
🚨 Bella Black : https://imgur.com/a/dNXMwjY
🚨 Danno Drawes : https://i.imgur.com/HmYE1nn.jpg

And now, the twelve drag murderesses of Dragville Cunty Jail
In their rendition of Talian’s Drag Race Season 5 Promo!

https://i.imgur.com/5gIPQ68.gif
1482 days 2 hours ago
Talian
Thank you ladies. I think I’ve made my decision.
You did great as teams.

This is why I will judge you INDIVIDUALLY.
1482 days 2 hours ago
Talian
If I call your name please step forward.

Parah Dice
Litter Alley
Lucinda Rear
Bella Black

You...
Represent the TOPS of this week.
1482 days 2 hours ago
Talian
Princess Sprinkle Pony
Gemini
Danno Drawes
Ariel Grande

You...
Represent the BOTTOMS of this week.

Which means...

Zsa Zsa Tea
Rat
Tara Toma
Jasmine Side

You are SAFE.

You may leave the stage now.

Rat

Great job on the runway btw.
1482 days 2 hours ago
Talian
COMMENTS

Lucinda Rear : Your performance was hilarious. Definitely coming out in jeans is the worst thing you could ever. So you probably belong to the harshest wing of this prison now. Either way. I loved you completely change the narration while managing to still be relevant to the timing of the original. This was honestly one for the books. Your runway was also very nice. I loved the gothic spin on the classic flapper figure. Great job this week.

Gemini : Your performance was nice but you broke the number one rule : you NEVER ever say you have no talent. Unless you make it the whole point of your performance. But I feel you changed subject too quickly and abruptly to actually give us a hint of what is going on. I didn’t get the Valentina reference either I am afraid. Your runway was nice, and I can say you’d definitely stepped your pussy up on the runway. But the shorts don’t really go with the rest I am afraid.

Ariel Grande : Your performance was nice but a very big problem was you kept your lyrics too similar and close to the original. I feel you focused on changing (very few) words of the original lyrics to make it look like something “new” but I am afraid that didn’t come across. On the runway the dress is nice but you know you NEVER take away your wig unless you have another wig underneath it. Also I would suggest you ask for some tips on the mug to the other IMVU queens since as of now it kinda looks a little basic.

Litter Alley : You’ve heard it before but huh.... you really ate this week. This was so spot on for this challenge. I loved everything about it. Beginning from using Spanish instead of whatever language is in the original. I loved the double language choice and overall the story was the exact mix of humor and crime that really got me. Also the runway was jaw dropping amazing. I LOOOOVE this new proportions. Love love love the big head (I know you are famous for your great head) please keep it up. Brilliant job this week.

Parah Dice : Your challenge was hilarious. I absolutely adores it. I LOVED the way you kept the “Six” reference and overall it was just amazing. And literally, Penny had it coming. Fuck that bitch. But I have to suggest you look more into your looks. While it is nice. I believe you could have made something to make it pop up more. Especially for the mug. The rest is nice but I want you to impress more.

Princess Sprinkle Pony : I am sorry my dear but the challenge wasn’t very different from the original I am afraid. So I can’t really say much on that. It’s a pity because the runway was actually very nice. I love the hair and how you matched them to your feather boa. Only thing I would have changed tights but this was nice.

Bella Black : I loved your challenge. It was funny. Witty. And stupid. Which I LOVE. And yes, whoever wear kitten heels deserves Trump as president. I am just so sorry you had to be the victim of this one. Also your runway was hauntingly beautiful. Amazingly put together. Loved the shoe hairpiece. And the mug. Please keep it up!

Danno Drawes : Let me start by saying yes, finally Drawes draws a look. It is very good even tho I would like to suggest you take more into consideration and go into details (especially on the face). I loved the unconventional color choices. But your performance got me a little confused. I have to admit I appreciated the effort, but I feel it was more like of “I’m a badass” rather than describing why you are in jail, which was the goal of the challenge.
1482 days 2 hours ago
J4ckWilko
I have just started using imvu btw as I used to use sims
1482 days 2 hours ago
Talian
Parah Dice. You rocked the performance but your runway was kinda the rock.
You are SAFE.

BUT the judges thought you were the best of your team. So you will have a 4.5 score for your PPE (instead of 4.00).
1482 days 2 hours ago
Talian
Litter Alley. Your performance on the challenge and the runway slayed. Literally.

Lucinda Rear. You killed it this week.

Litter Alley
Lucinda Rear
Condragulations. You are both the WINNERS of this week’s challenge. You received a lifetime supply of... ribs. Bon apetit!

Which means...

Bella Black.

You are SAFE.

You all may leave the stage now.
1482 days 2 hours ago
J4ckWilko
Breathes heavily
1482 days 2 hours ago
Talian
Now. On with the BOTTOMS.

If you noticed so far we had two winners. One for each group.

Two high queens. One for each group.

Four safe queens. Two for each group.

And four bottom girls. Two for each group.

Not only I decided to judge all of you individually. But also you have been splitted in two separate groups. Each with a winner. Highs.... and bottom 2.

Gemini
Princess Sprinkle Pony
Danno Drawes
Ariel Grande
You are ALL UP FOR ELIMINATION.

This is how it is going to go down.

Each of you will challenge their bottom 2 groupmate in a lipsync for you life.

The queens who survive the lipsync will advance to week 2. The others will leave. For good.

The pairing are :

Danno Drawes vs. Ariel Grande

Princess Sprinkle Pony vs. Gemini

You four have 24 hours to send a lipsync to :

1482 days 1 hour ago
Dylangover1
1482 days ago
texty
oh im not filming myself lip sync i didnt realise we had to do that lol
1482 days ago
Weetmaster
@texty

You don’t. Some of the gays like to be extra
1481 days 22 hours ago
snick427
GROUP 1:

Ariel Grande
Runway: This would be a decent runway in many other challenges, but I honestly don't get flapper at all. Plus, you included possibly the most pointless wig reveal of all time.
Challenge: ...I mean, you changed a few things, but for the most part you copied the Cicero verse from the original song. And what is "it wasn't until later, when i was washing the blood off my heels. i even knew they were wigless" supposed to mean?

Bella Black
Runway: I think in the battle of the dead flappers, you JUST edge out Lucinda, in my opinion. I love the long nails and the stiletto fascinator lodged in your left frontal lobe. Your boa looks a bit... fecal.
Challenge: You were supposed to be the murderer, not the victim, but at least you told a story!

Danno Drawes
Runway: First off, well done on drawing! I know this isn't a very high bar, but you definitely beat queen of the universe Mystia LeBlanc. Now, I must say I feel a bit conflicted about some of your choices. On one hand, I'm glad you didn't go with red-and-black like a lot of your fellow contestants. On the other hand, I'm not sure I care for this particular color combination, at least not in the shades you chose, but again that's a matter of personal preference. In spite of the colors, the construction looks very art-deco so it would fit right into the 1920s!
Challenge: I think you missed the mark on this one. It felt like you were writing more for a rap challenge, but nothing rhymed. And you didn't incorporate "Lipschitz" into your verse. Who is he? Did you kill him? If so, why?

Litter Alley
Runway: I love a haggard flapper! I must ask though... have you seen the music video for the song "I Took a Pill in Ibiza?" I ask because I see eyes and a nose in the mouth of the flapper. If you are wearing a papier-mâché flapper head, I'm prepared to send you $10000 via PayPal, because a papier-mâché head challenge is something we NEED on drag race!
Challenge: I had no idea you were a Spanish-speaking woman! The shade towards Nijoco is a major plus in my book. I must ask though... again... if you were cutting out your ribs, why did you cut off your arms as well? And did you poison Talian?

Jasmine Side
Runway: I like it, it's very flapperesque, but I don't think the giant backpiece was necessary. Ever played Civilization 5? You look like Pacal of the Maya: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/civilization/images/9/9f/Pacal_%28Civ5%29.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151119215732
Challenge: I appreciate that you sticked so close to the original song for your verse, but at the same time it's a bit too short in my opinion

Zsa Zsa Tea
Runway: I enjoy the sci-fi twist, but for the most part you look like a robot wearing standard flapper attire. I would have liked if you had found a found a futuristic outfit that still evoked flapperdom. I quite like the fascinator, but I feel that the hair is a bit too long.
Challenge: Topical! I think we can all agree that your version of the downfall of Shitty Pie is much better than real life. Still, I think actual murder in this case would have been warranted.

GROUP 2:

Gemini
Runway: A flapper femme-fatale! Very gothic! My only critique is that I feel like there's a major blank space between the bottom of your outfit and the top of your shoes. There ought to be something there, but I'm not sure what.
Challenge: First a piece of advice. Tengaged has a limit on how many gifs you can have in a single post, so consider splitting your submissions in the future. Now, onto your verse. It doesn't quite fit with the rest of the Cell Block Tango. In the original and in most of the submissions on this episode of Drag Race, the stories are all about revenge. Yours, however, has no element of revenge, so I find it lacking in that regard. Also, be careful not to be over-reliant on memes from RPDR. Your writing ought to be funny to people who have no clue what drag even is, in my opinion at least.

Lucinda Rear
Runway: You might be the most clothed flapper of all time! Of course, it is Chicago, so it would be good to have some winter wear. I don't quite get the point of the face paint. You have to be careful with IMVU boas and stockings, because they tend to look janky when viewed up close
Challenge: I like it! You did well at capturing the cleverness of the original while giving it your own draggy twist. My only complaint is that I wish you would have explained that you killed the crown snatcher. You can't be a merry murderess if you don't murder a bitch!

Parah Dice
Runway: OOOH! I can get behind this! your makeup is very Clara Bow, so it would fit right into the flapper era: https://www.biography.com/.image/ar_1:1%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cg_face%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_300/MTE5NDg0MDU0OTAzNjg2Njcx/clara-bow-9221851-1-402.jpg I like that your outfit is recognizably flapper without being too literal. One point of advice: Make sure to remove that gold necklace in the future. IMVU has it on by default and it's something that's hard to spot, but you can't unsee it.
Challenge: I quite enjoyed the story you told. It fit in with the original song, but had enough humor to make it perfect for this competition! But I must ask: WHAT DID PENNY TRATION EVER DO TO YOU?!?!

Princess Sprinkle Pony
Runway: I can't judge something you don't give me
Challenge: Like Ariel, you pretty much copied the Pop verse from the Cell Block Tango. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that whatever kept you from posting was important, but with this challenge performance in combination with your lack of a runway, you are on THIN ice. You can do better

Rat
Runway: It's dark. It's pearly. It's flattering. It's giving me strong Josephine Baker vibes, so extra points if that was intentional. I think I would have added a fascinator. Not a huge feather that distracts from the rest of the look, but just a little something extra to tie it all together.
Challenge: Again, no murder, but at least you committed something crime-adjacent. It all felt a bit disjointed to me, a bit too short.

Tara Toma
Runway: Honestly, it's not really giving me flapper. You look more like a '60s housewife going to a Quinceañera. You get points for color choice, but that might just be because blue is my favorite.
Challenge: Thankfully, your performance was better than your runway. You're giving me angry Russian aunt realness, and your lyrics would fit in quite well with the actual song from Chicago. I honestly have no complaints!
1481 days 20 hours ago
texty

I'm submitting as the big girl

open group

👑 Talian’s Drag Race All Winners

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!