This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 1: Live Results Show

Topic » Week 1: Live Results Show

2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14

MICHELLE WILLIAMS:

"Welcome to the week one results show!"

Thanks to CARDI B for opening up the show!

Tonight, THREE voices will be in danger of being eliminated tonight!

But before we get this week's rankings, give a warm welcome to this season's coaches!

Carrie Underwood!
Adam Levine!
Alisan Porter!
Ed Sheeran!
Celine Dion!

Each coach has ONE save they can use up until the quarter-finals.

Before we get to the rankings, let's get the comments from the coaches!
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::BEYONCÉ:::::

CARRIE:
*Standing Ovation* What a way to kick off the show! Not only did you give us powerful vocals, but you also managed to showcase the emotion this song warrants.

ADAM:
Beyoncé, I think vocally you did a great job but I feel this particular song in ways it fit the theme and in ways it was a little shaky.

ALISAN:
I think this was a visually gorgeous performance. Vocally I think you did very strong and you didn't seem to struggle to hit those big notes

ED:
This was a great way to kick off the show :) Although some of it was carried on, your passion and tone was amazing.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::SHAWN MENDES:::::

CARRIE:
This is a great song choice as it's from a unique perspective. On top of that, your voice is so pure and rich with emotion which was amplified with this performance!

ADAM:
I feel vocally you did an amazing job but I think overall this song doesn’t fit the theme despite your explanation. I just feel you could’ve done a better job in selecting a song that fit the theme.

ALISAN:
Your voice has this ability to be so tender yet it can hit hard at times and that's a gift. Solid vocals & I enjoyed the audience involvement

ED:
From the very first note, you captivated the audience. It's an understatement to say that you'll do absolutely outstanding in this competition if you continue to sing like this.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::BRUNO MARS:::::

CARRIE:
I'm so glad you're here in the live shows because you have the whole package. Not only are you vocally strong, but also have amazing stage presence!

ADAM:
Bruno, Vocally note by note I feel you did a great job and this song fits the theme very well so overall good job.

ALISAN:
Beautiful & haunting! I think this song fit the theme as well as the aura.

ED:
I feel like the Mojo that you're so well known for is lacking a little bit in this performance. However, the lyrics really hit hard with the theme, and there was some emotion put into it. I feel as though there still could've been more done.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::MATT TERRY:::::

CARRIE:
This performance was so visually good and you sounded so strong. There is no doubt in my mind that you'll be around for a while! Your falsetto is unmatched!

ALISAN:
I really don't know how it's possible for someone, especially a male, to have the insane range you have. You can go so deep to so high with the snap of a finger!

ED:
To make a good performance, you need to tell a story to the audience. Your vocals were strong, however I feel as though your charisma lacked. However, I admire the risks you took with your high notes.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::CHRIS BLUE:::::

CARRIE:
You have such a great way of manipulating your vocals with the gymnastics. However, in this performance it was a bit too much for my liking. For me the best part was near the end when you were in full voice without falsetto.

ALISAN:
Your voice is a blend of so many artists that I think you could sing the damn phone book and it would be great!

ED:
"*standing ovation*
Words cannot express how amazing that was. Your control over your voice, and the pure amount of technique that you demonstrated only added to the high emotion and captivation of the song. Well done!!"
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::JOSHUA LEDET:::::

CARRIE:
You just took on Etta James and did such a great job of it! You knew how to give us your vocal tricks and when to pull back.

ALISAN:
You really twisted the knife in me, Josh. And that knife is that I stupidly let you go!! Great performance, I love the rawness in your voice

ED:
This was absolutely amazing! You gave it every single cell in your body with this performance, and I continue to admire your work. I still feel as though more can be done, but this was nonetheless one of the best tonight.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::CHLOE KOHANSKI:::::

CARRIE:
Your voice is so raspy and soulful which helps you stand out. There were some cracks in your voice at times, but it was an interesting part of your style.

ADAM:
Chloe, I think vocally you did a very solid job. I think you did a good job fitting this weeks theme.

ED:
The pure rasp in your voice hypnotises me to this day. It wasn't outstanding, but it was still amazing to watch. Keep it up!
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::FERNANDO DANIEL:::::

CARRIE:
Great song choice for this week and I love the passion within your voice. It begs to be heard and that's what I love about this performance.

ADAM:
Fernando, I think this song fit this weeks theme perfectly but here and there you had a couple a couple pitch issues and vocally it was a little rocky.

ED:
I feel as though this was the better performance of the song tonight. You really put in a hard effort, and your voice is amazing to listen to.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::MELODORES:::::

CARRIE:
I love this song and it was great for this week, since its more upbeat to help you stand out. When you went into the audience it took some time before the lights caught up to you. Overall, not a bad way to start off your live show journey.

ADAM:
I think vocally you did an amazing job singing but you had a minor pitch issue in the beginning of the song. I think this song fits this weeks theme.

ED:
Again, I didn't see how this was very special. The quality of this performance was average at best, it was even messy at some points. Still, you fit the theme very well.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::ADDISON AGEN:::::

CARRIE:
You are a mini Adele in the making and I hope to see you continue to embrace that going forward. A solid performance from start to finish.

ADAM:
Addison, I think vocally you did a phenomenal job singing you kinda gave me Adele feels with performance which was amazing and great to hear. I feel this song fits this weeks theme perfectly and overall you did a great job singing.

ALISAN:
Your voice is stellar. It gives such and old times feel and that fact that you're so young makes it even more impressive.

ED:
Addison, you continue to prove why you should be the favourite to win. Your voice is pure, and you told a story to every member of the audience. I'm very proud to be your coach.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::TORI KELLY:::::

CARRIE:
A beautiful song made extra beautiful with your vocals. I loved when you went into your falsetto and that you didn't overuse it.

ADAM:
Tori, I think vocally you did a very good job singing. I think this song fits this weeks theme very good so overall good job!

ALISAN:
*Standing Ovation* This was PERFECT, Tori! Everything about it was just so beautiful. I could listen to it over and over

ED:
Can someone please tell me why Tori hasn't won yet? This proves that she needs to be in this competion, she's truly one of the best here. Your voice is one of the most outstanding in this season, and I hope as your coach you move forward.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::ALICIA KEYS:::::

CARRIE:
This is such a kickass song and it was a very welcome change of pace this week. Vocally you sounded strong and I anticipate you sticking around for a while!

ADAM:
Alicia, I feel vocally you did an amazing job singing throughout this performance your vocals were phenomenal. I think this song fits this weeks theme perfectly and I think this performance was amazing to watch.

ALISAN:
This was a different performance style from you and I think it worked. Some parts seemed to get away from you but not so much so that it was bad

ED:
The passion that you put towards this not only made you a star, but it fit the theme as well. As a coach, I want to see more performances that are just you at your best, however I like hopefully the others enjoyed this performance :)
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::LEONA PHILIPPO:::::

CARRIE:
You gave a high energy performance and I think you hit your stride near the last part of the performance. Some vocal mishaps, but overall a solid performance.

ADAM:
I was a little confused when you started performing based on the way you opened up your performance. I feel your vocals were a little all over the place as you performed so I feel this wasn’t very good.

ALISAN:
An upbeat song with this weeks theme is risky but I think you did well. The faster part seemed to get away from you a little but you were very energetic

ED:
Just....meh. I feel as though you weren't owning the stage and owning your voice, plus I don't really think this song fit the theme, it more serves as a song you go out clubbing to. Please pick it up next time.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::ZHAVIA:::::

CARRIE:
I know it's part of your style, but the way you sing the lyrics were a bit off-pitch and awkward. To me, this was not your best performance at all and you could have done something stronger.

ADAM:
I think vocally you did an amazing job singing, I feel your vocals definitely drew in the myself along with the crowd so overall great job!

ALISAN:
Overall I'd say this performance did real well in demonstrating your lower & deep register which was nice to see. Your voice is definitely one of the most recognizable in the competition

ED:
This was a stylish and unique take to this song, and I absolutely enjoyed it. I feel as though there could've been more done, but nonetheless it was a good performance. I hope that you make it better step by step for the next couple of weeks.
2171 days 3 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::MICHELLE WILLIAMS:::::

CARRIE:
Nice song choice, but not the strongest vocal performance from you this week. I think you have a good voice, but this type of tempo didn't suit you well.

ADAM:
I think vocally you did a very solid job singing. I feel this song fit this weeks theme but vocally I didn’t enjoy this performance.

ALISAN:
I think that this started off a little eh but I think you were able to get into the groove.

ED:
It was a good performance, but there wasn't much that was special about it. Nonetheless, your tone was great and the song fit well. Next time, own the stage more, have fun with the audience! That way you can get further much easier.

open group

Stardom!: The Instant Star

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!