This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Main Match 7: Horror Race

Topic » Main Match 7: Horror Race

1768 days 16 hours ago
tunertin
There are five racers: Vampire, Frozen Corpse, Nine-Tailed Fox, Mummy, and Zombie. Each racer will compete on a track of twelve spaces.

At the beginning of the game, each player has five racer tokens, one for each kind of racer. Among them, the players secretly choose two and discard the rest. All the discarded tokens form a central pool which will be used for moving the racer. The tokens you keep are the racers you are betting on to win the game.

Each player, turn by turn, takes three tokens out of the pool and place those tokens on one of the three spots on the board: "Move 1," "Move 2," and "Move 4." For instance, a player may take two Mummy tokens and one Vampire token from the pool, and places a Mummy token on the "Move 2" spot and the remainder on the "Move 4" spot. You can place the tokens you choose on any combination of spaces, all three on the same space, all three on different spaces, etc.

After all the players have taken three tokens out of the pool and placed them on the board, the racer whose tokens wins the untied majority in each spot will move accordingly. For example, if there are 2 Vampire tokens, 1 Nine-Tailed Fox token, 3 Mummy tokens, and 3 Zombie tokens on the "Move 1" spot, the Vampire will move 1 space as the Mummy and Zombie tied for the majority and are nullified.

After a round, all used tokens are taken back to the pool and the next round proceeds in the same manner. The game ends when a racer passes the finish line. Whoever bet for the first racer is awarded 3 points, second, 2 points, and the third, 1 point. The player(s) with the most points wins the game. These points will be translated into garnets as well. Whoever ends with the smallest amount of points will become the Death Match Candidate, winners choosing from them in the event of a tie.

Note that this Main Match was played in a later season of the show, I found these rules off of the board game version and they might be slightly different, go off of the rules provided and let me know if you have any questions. Also, the racers start off of the race board, space 0 essentially, and the main match ends when a racer reaches space 12.

THIS MAIN MATCH WILL BE LIVE, TOMORROW, JUNE 21st. Please post the times that work for you here. If you absolutely can't make it tomorrow, you can have someone sub for you. MrBird had someone sub for him yesterday, so it would be preferable that he play himself this time around, if possible.
1768 days 16 hours ago
tunertin
The order of play will be randomized. This will be the order of play for the entirety of the game. I will then randomize a list of all discarded/pool tokens and in groups of 3 assign them to you based on order of play. If you wish, you may pass your turn in one round, not take any tokens to "vote" on movement of racers and go last in the following round. You will pass on your turn, if someone passes after someone else in the same round they will go second to last the following round, 3rd to last, etc.

Also remember that the racers you bet on are the racers whose tokens you do NOT put in the movement pool.
1768 days 16 hours ago
tunertin
And the pool of movement tokens will remain the same throughout the game, used tokens being put back the round after use.
1768 days 16 hours ago
Christian_
my dog is having a major surgery tomorrow so im not sure when ill be free, definitely not from 8 AM-5 PM EST tho
1768 days 16 hours ago
tunertin
I hope everything is okay with your dog, do you think you'll be able to get on after 5pm or is there no guarantee? If you can't be sure, please get someone to sub for you just in case and let me know who it is. If you get on anyway then you can still play for yourself though.
1768 days 16 hours ago
Christian_
if not ill find a sub, i should be able to hopefully figure it out ty xx
1768 days 16 hours ago
tunertin
Ok :)
1768 days 16 hours ago
tunertin
Also, the Death Match will be live immediately after, should be a quick one.
1768 days 15 hours ago
RealJacksonWalsh
Is 6 PM an option?
1768 days 15 hours ago
tunertin
If it works for everyone then yeah, anytime works on my end
1768 days 13 hours ago
rawr121
Definitely would prefer like 9pm again
1768 days 13 hours ago
Absol
anytime after like 8 pm est
1768 days 13 hours ago
TotsTrashy
^
1768 days 9 hours ago
tunertin
Official time will be announced tomorrow, probably 9 pm est again but I would definitely like to start at 8 pm est, rawr121 if that works let me know
1767 days 11 hours ago
tunertin
CHECK IN FOR THE MAIN MATCH NOW, WE WILL BEGIN AT AROUND 9:10 pm EST

Please send me the following while we wait:

Which two of the five tokens you wish to keep as the racers you are betting on, these can't be used to move characters:

Which three of the five tokens you wish to discard, these will enter the pool from which everyone will draw:
1767 days 10 hours ago
tunertin
Also please say HERE

open group

TRGG

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!