This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Death Match 5: Gyul! Hap!

Topic » Death Match 5: Gyul! Hap!

1746 days 13 hours ago
tunertin
Death Match Candidates

RealJacksonWalsh and Espontaneo

This game is played over the course of 10 rounds. In each round, the players are shown a series of 9 cards. Each card has three features: shape (circle, square, triangle), shape color (red, yellow, blue), and background color (red, yellow, blue).

Starting with a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors to determining who plays first, players take turns identifying sets of three cards in which the three features are either all the same or all different. (For example: Circle-Red-Red, Square-Red-Yellow, Triangle-Red-Blue.) If they see a set, the player says "Hap!", and identifies the three cards by number. The board is set up as follows:

1     2     3
4     5     6
7     8     9

If the set is valid, the player scores a point. If the set is invalid, or has already been called, the player loses a point. If 10 seconds pass without a "Hap!" call, play passes to the other player. In the event that the turn passes five times without a Hap! call, the round automatically ends.

If all of the sets have been identified, the player may call "Gyul!" If "Gyul!" was called correctly and there are no more sets left, the player scores 3 points and the round ends. If "Gyul!" is called when there are still sets to identify, however, the player loses 1 point.

The player with the most points after 10 rounds wins the game. If the score is tied after 10 rounds, an 11th round is played as a tiebreaker.

The Death Match Candidates have agreed to play at 8 pm EST, it'll be in a private chatzy that I will post after the fact.
1746 days 10 hours ago
tunertin
Death Match is happening tomorrow night, next Main Match will be LIVE on June 19th, post all the times that work for you here. If you absolutely can't make it, message me about having someone outside the game subbing for you.
1746 days 10 hours ago
tunertin
Please post times in EST or specify exact time zone
1746 days 10 hours ago
RealJacksonWalsh
On Wednesday, I'm good from 5 PM onwards.
1746 days 10 hours ago
RealJacksonWalsh
EST
1746 days 10 hours ago
TotsTrashy
i get home from work around 6pm est on wednesday the 19th so any time after that should be good
1746 days 10 hours ago
Lalisa
I'd like 7pm est and onwards
1746 days 10 hours ago
rawr121
After 9pm EST if possible
1746 days 10 hours ago
IceBeast
Anytime wednesday is fine for me
1746 days 9 hours ago
Christian_
Anytime wednesday is fine for me
1746 days 9 hours ago
Absol
after 8ish est
1746 days 7 hours ago
tunertin
Looking like it’ll start around 8-9 pm EST
1746 days 5 hours ago
MrBird
any day as long as it isn’t from 8-9 pm est
1745 days 14 hours ago
tunertin
So the Main Match will begin at 9pm EST tomorrow, June 19th. I'm just waiting on MrBird to tell me who he's going to have sub for him as he can't make that time. The planned Death Match should take exactly one hour.
1745 days 13 hours ago
tunertin
Death Match 5 Final Scores
20 points RealJacksonWalsh
13 points Espontaneo

Espontaneo is eliminated, RealJacksonWalsh gains his 4 garnets

open group

TRGG

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!