This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL | Mamanuca

Topic » FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL |..

1952 days 21 hours ago
_JB_
BRADY, EOIN and JACOB, welcome to the Final Tribal Council.

We will now bring in the members of the jury: JIVE, BIRKS, BB, RHETT, JOSH, BENJAMIN and BILLY, voted out at the last tribal council.

Any juror may ask a question to any of the finalists. It is recommended, however, to wait to ask questions until each finalist has made an opening statement.

***Please mail your vote to ME (_JB_) otherwise your vote has a risk of not counting.***

Votes are due on SUNDAY 12/16 at 6:30 PM EST and our LIVE READING OF THE VOTES will be at 7 PM EST!
1952 days 21 hours ago
Eoin
I sit here and look at the unimpressed faces of the jury, "why is he here?"and in this final tribal council I attempt to show that unlike the people I sit here next to I made it here on my own accord.

I came into this game and was able to integrate myself into the majority alliance, i never left that the whole game, and was never really in danger unless you count dodgy advantages and immunity streaks.

To critique the other two,
Jacob did not play the best game, in fact I would say he played the worst, his game was largely based on his physical game and very rarely voted in majority.

Brady, depended on me late game constantly, he would not be here if it was not for me, every round I could have taken him out. He is also a returnee, who had an extra chance at the game, relied on fire.

I made it here cleanly without much advantages, some may say about my idol, but I would not have had to play that if another idol was played.

So vote for the person who played a clean game, who was constantly in majority, who always had a grasp and survived without having to rely on crutches thrown to them.
1952 days 20 hours ago
CoachWade
Alright guys I would firstly like to say thank you to all of you. Y’all were literally so amazing to play with and it was a hard fought game

However getting straight to business...

Tbh in this game I truly didn’t see myself lasting long at all. Coming off of a terrible season in season 5, I felt like I really had a ton to prove out here and I really think I did that. Obviously I came into this season as a returner with a huge target on my back bht I’ve still managed to make it to this point.

Right away, I was very happy seeing BB as my partner. Right when the befriend or backstab twist cafe along I knew I had to play it strategically. I knew that as a returner I’d have a big enough target as it is so I didn’t think having a full idol was worth it to my game and I knew I’d I befriended BB it would make us a lot closer which I did.

The pre merge was honestly kind of slow and not much really happened. Right away I found myself in a solid alliance with BB, James and Eoin from the start and I wanted to make sure that the alliance at first stayed together. There was a lot of inacts on our tribe so the first vote was very easy and Mac ended up going. The second vote though was when I really made a move along with James. Chris thought me and James we’re running an alliance so we knew we had to convince BB and Eoin to go and luckily he went.

SWAP

- Unfortunately the swap came very early in the game. However, I knew I could adapt to the situation. My tribes first vote was an easy vote and that was about it but this is the part of the game where I really got to establish more connections. James was on the other tribe so I was communicating with him and I tried to push for him to get Jive our at f12 but unfortunately Jordan wouldn’t budge over there which was okay. On my tribe I was also in another alliance with BB, Birks and Dominique which was a side pair alliance we made and this wasn’t known to Eoin. I knew at the swap I’d really want Jacob to leave early and at f11 I had every intention on throwing the challenge to get him out but the merge screwed that up.

MERGE

- Alright so I honestly feel like I was extremely underestimated at the merge as far as gameplay because there were so many big competitors at the merge. However, I adapted pretty quickly and tried to get social with just about everyone. My goal was to get closer to Billy so I reached out to him and then I also reached out to Josh who was a returner and an ally of mine from previous games because I didn’t want to just rely on my alliance and be a floater.

However, I’m not going to lie. The f11 was a very tough vote and the one I regret the most because that vote was probably the biggest turning point of the game looking back at it. It was the only tribal Jacob didn’t have immunity and originally I did definitely try to get him out. But then Jive came into play causing chaos about voting josh when then josh tried to get Jive out. So the vote seemed to change because my alliance thought it’d be best to play it safe so I had to go along. However, I was the one that proposed to my alliance to just not worry about jive and I got them thinking about Jacob on this vote but unfortunately it didn’t follow through but I still voted in the majority.

The next couple of votes were also pretty crazy. I mean multiple people obviously assume they were in the hands of Jacob but these votes actually worked out perfectly for me. BB was able to go and then Birks were able to go. BB was basically my right hand person in this game but I knew he was very well liked and would have to go eventually. However, because Jacob did like my dirty work for me I never had to get the blood on my hands and it was basically the same thing with Birks. I wanted Birks out super early in the merge as well because I knew that I wanted all the pairs out at the merge ASAP. I didn’t want idols in the game to mess me up so Birks leaving was indirectly great for my game and I didn’t even have to do a thing.

The next vote I knew Rhett had to go because Jacob won immunity and I knew that I hadn’t to weaken Jacob a control a little bit. So me Eoin, James, Josh and Billy all voted for Rhett and he went home but I definitely had a say in this vote because I was advocating for Rhett to leave because we had no relationship.

Then at f6, my game started to really get more aggressive. I knew that I ultimately had to do something to stand out in this game and from my alliances. So at f6 because Jacob won immunity, I knew I had to take an attack at James. At this point in the game I knew that Eoin and James both had idols which was awful for my game and I knew that if I went into f5 with both of them having idols then I’d almost for sure be going home. I had to make sure that absolutely didn’t happen and that I took control over the situation. So when James told me he wanted to take advantage of getting Eoin out, I 100 percent ran with it because I knew at the end of the day that Eoin would be a much easier beat than James. I had to do a lot of lying this vote but I had to show that I wasn’t just going to follow my alliance and this is where I didn’t.

James didn’t go that tribal but the next best thing happened and Josh ended up going at that tribal council. I knew Josh didn’t want to take me to the end so Billy throwing his vote really worked out to my advantage. Also the rest of the idols in the game were wasted which is exactly what I wanted to happen.

However, with James being saved I was still super worried so at f5 when Jacob won immunity, I knew I’d have to try and do some damage because I knew that voting James was a evident risk that tribal. So what did I do? I fucking got to work anyway possible. I did some begging and making sure I was going to everybody to get the vote to work and it ended up working in my favor and James ended up going home. Even though the f6 tribal council didn’t work it still led up to James being voted out at f5 because voting James out and having him play the idol made everyone see what a threat he was. If I didn’t vote for James at the f6, there is a very good chance that I may not have even made it this far tbh or I’d absolutely have no shot at winning. So even though James didn’t go at f6, josh still did and I planned on voting him out at f5 because I figured Jacob would win immunity. So I adapted to that situation and it still worked to my advantage.

At the f4 unfortunately Jacob fucking won again which was worst scenario for me. I figured that if Jacob lost that immunity, then I would of won this game because I knew I wanted Eoin and Billy in the game for long because I figured I could beat both of them. However, again I had to adapt and I knew Jacob would vote for me cause he knew I was the biggest threat left besides him. I tried to ultimately talk to Billy but he didn’t even give me a chance so I knew I had to go to Eoin and luckily he decided to give me a chance and saved me. I never won a challenge until the f4 however but I won that final four firemakijg challenge when it counted and I fucking fought my ass off to be here.
1952 days 20 hours ago
CoachWade
Part Two

Guys...

I think you should vote for me because I ultimately fought my ass off to be here and I still made it here regardless of me being a returner. I was the last person in this season to receive votes and as a returner that’s pretty freaking impressive. I also had a extra hurdle on top of that for me this season because I never got given an idol, I never got an advantage and I never won any immunity challenge but I freaking fought through the odds and I still made it here you guys.

I know that a lot of you will say that my game wasn’t perfect but I’ll talk about the 3 aspects which are my social, strategic and physical game.

Socially I tried to talk to everyone in the game. I obviously talked to some more than the others but I genuinely did try to make an effort with almost everybody with the exception of Rhett and Jacob cause I knew they had to go. However I was able to adapt socially like crazy. Again I was the last person to receive votes this season which I believe should go noticed and that’s because I tried to play a good under the radar game but also not being seen as a floater and I think I was absolutely able to do that. My main alliance was James,BB and Eoin throughout the game and there was a time when BB was my number one so then I had to adapt to going with James as my number one for a little bit because I knew me and him were a good team together. After that when I didn’t needn’t James, I adapted to Eoin last because I knew he was the best person in my alliance for me to be sitting here with.

Strategically..

I think I did pretty well strategically as well. This game was moving by so quickly that things were crazy for me. However, I always thought of things 2 steps ahead in this game and like when Jacob would always win immunity, I knew I’d have to have a backup plan and I always did. I think I also did a great job at hiding behind Jacob when I needed to as well to do things for me like he always had a target on his back and I didn’t. The thing that I think should speak volumes to is that I didn’t have to rely on immunities to be here. Jacob has to rely on immunities to be here because he clearly didn’t have enough social connections in the game which I never had to rely on winning an immunity. I’m sure people will argue that I did win a FMC to be here but I freaking worked my ass off to make sure I won that when it counted and you bet your ass I did but I also had no idol in the game to assist me like Eoin did and his idol was literally given to him on a silver platter.

Again, I think my biggest moves strategically were honestly the Rhett and James votes because Rhett going was great for my game because I had no relationship with him. This move I had some help with but I’ll say it again that my best move strategically was at f6. Even though the vote didn’t go my way that vote, that tribal was the key to having my f5 tribal being successful where James was able to go. Even if James went home at f6, I still think josh would of went home at f5 which shows you how I always planned on being one step ahead for every vote. Even when James found out that I was targeting him, he still didn’t vote for me and I was able to use that tribal to get him out next vote. I did lie a lot in this game but at the end of the day it is Survivor and I came to play this time.

I hope y’all really give me a chance for this vote because I fought my ass off to be here. I didn’t play a perfect game and I will admit that I had mistakes but I always fought back and I never gave up no matter how frustrating it was seeing Jacob win all those immunities. I’m fuckijg passionate about this series and I hope you guys can let me represent this season as the winner. I wasn’t afraid to take risks and I adapted to everything that was thrown at me with Jacob winning all those immunities, to Dominque unexpectedly quitting which really put a damper on my plans, and I also adapted to game mode when I was forced to compete in a fire challenge and won.

So I look forward to answering any questions you guys may have for me.
1952 days 13 hours ago
BOBROCKS333
Heya jury, sorry for the delay on this but I had to leave really soon after the final 4 round! One of my best friends is going back home to Norway after this semester and so we hung out one last time and I sobbed during the goodbye and it wasn't pretty but ANYWAYS i'm here now!

This was my first Survivor group game in a pretty long time, and I didn't have the highest expectations for myself. I was just pretty low on group game confidence and hadn't really felt successful in a while. So this was kind of a big moment for me haha, to see if I still had any of the old BOBROCKS333 in me.

I wanted to play a more social game coming into this season, because I know I am typically known for playing a more physical based game and I wanted to show that I am not just one dimensional. Immediately I reached out to Rhett, my partner in this game, and knew that Befriending him rather than Backstabbing was the smart move. He was someone who I knew from Day 1 that I could trust, and our fates in the game were kind of tied together. Josh was someone else on original Qalito that I built some sort of relationship with. Same with Dominique. And same with Chris on the other tribe, but he got taken out early.

Chris being taken out was kind of an eye opener to me, as I know he called some people on his tribe out, but he was also active on a tribe that had a few less active members. That's when I realized people were here to play, and I was not in any super solid alliances...so I got a little worried. Maybe I panicked by winning the typing speed/tribe swap immunity challenge, and maybe I should have avoided putting myself out there as a threat. But I feel like if I did not win that, there would have been a chance that I went home at that point, and people would've accused me of throwing challenges to lay low. There is nowhere to hide when you come into a game and are painted as a threat without even doing anything. Also, the clue from winning that challenge is what helped me find the vote steal lol, so I really don't regret it.

But at the swap I continued to try to just be a nice, social enough guy.  I talked to Birks and BB so that I couldn't be hit with the "you never talked to me" line. Brady came to me and asked to work together, and I was down for that because I wasn't really locked into anything solid. Luckily we didn't go to tribal again after November's medevac, but I got suspicious that Birks and BB tried to throw the reverse spelling challenge, and that raised another red flag to me that people were here to play.

At the merge I did not win the first immunity, and immediately people told me that Brady was throwing out my name. Funny, my one supposed ally! So I knew at that point that I was supremely fucked. I tried to go out of my way to just build some sort of human relationship with James, which wasn't hard because he was incredibly easy to talk to on a personal level, because I thought he would have enough sway after surviving a swap tribe in the "minority" based on original tribes. What happened next some may say this is lucky, some may say this is something out of my control, but whatever happened, I was spared that tribal because Jive put a bigger target on his own back. That's where my game was beneficial, because although I was this "physical threat" I had relationships with people and was not going out of my way to throw anyone under the bus.

I then made two of the biggest moves of the game at the one day tribes. I played my extra vote to send BB home and gave Rhett my half of our partner idol to send Birks home. I figured that I could let Dominique and Rhett go home and save my advantages for myself, but I would then just be putting myself in a position of being able to save myself once, maybe twice. I attempted to swing for the fences and shift the dynamics of the game, and although I may not have been entirely successful in that, I managed to take out the two biggest threats for that next spamming immunity and secure myself an easy win.

Rhett and I were then the last pair in the game, and I knew he'd be a target by association with me. I tried to put the vote on someone else in a last ditch effort, but I even said in my confessionals that I knew I did not have the votes that round. I wasn't going to turn on my partner at that point just because the numbers weren't there though. So Rhett went home and Dominique quit, which set the stage for the majority to turn on each other. I wanted either Josh or James out at that point for being threats, and I can't say I really organized Josh's elimination at all LOL, but I tried my best that day (which was today lol god that already feels like ages ago) to expose any cracks in the majority. I was quoting messages, spreading stories people said, really just trying ANYTHING to better my position in a group that I knew I was at the bottom of.

You may look at me as the guy who was only vulnerable at one merge tribal, or the guy who relied on challenges to get to this point. But I'm here, I did it even with people wanting me out for several rounds. Sure my game had flaws, but I was backed into a corner by people who made it clear they did not want to play with me. I wasn't going to give up and throw an immunity challenge just to say "Hey, I didn't win every challenge!" Because then I would've been at Ponderosa, no question. I don't think I had many glaring social flaws, sometimes you're just on the wrong side of the numbers, and sometimes people just don't want to play with you. But I never gave up, and I even pulled out some moves along the way. My relationship with Rhett allowed us to befriend each other and work together to use our idol, the first idol play of the game. I sent home BB, a well rounded threat, by using a vote steal and by having the trust of Dominique to vote with me, even when I didn't tell her that I had a vote steal. She just had enough faith in my plan to put her game in my hands. I tried to send home Brady, who I considered my biggest threat in the final 4. I was aware of the game around me even when people were giving me limited info, and I am here and am proud of the game I played as a return to Survivor group games.

Thank you, and I hope to answer any questions you may have!
1952 days 9 hours ago
Eoin
Honestly, I could bore you with an essay. But as a juror in other games, who the fuck really cares? Am I right? If wrong pls say and I’ll conform xxx
1952 days 8 hours ago
purplebb4
Hello F3! I stand here as a humble juror, and I have to make one statement right now. Out of any possible F3 combination you were probably the most unexpected and also most poorly viewed in the eyes of the jury. I believe in the principle of you made it to the end because you did something right and I still stick to that principle, though some have said that this F3 has tested said principle. However, you all played your own games and I give respect, but be warned, I won’t praise any of you to the skies, I am here to simply question and examine you in the manner that jury’s must use, a manner that is ruthless and directed by the brain and logic. I will express some commonly held opinions about the three of you in my questioning, do not take that as a insult, I am simply reflecting the opinions the jury holds.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/fba15e983eacf4fe88271e93e9f4fb4e/tenor.gif

JACOB
You are perhaps the obvious top dog at this FTC but I guarantee that a good chunk of this jury sees you as being someone who relied on physical prowess to survive, and have the opinion that if you had to rely on immunity and lacked the social or strategic abilities to keep yourself safe without them then you don't deserve the vote. But regardless, you still managed to make here and therefore you must have done more than win immunity. I  want to thoroughly look at your game without being biased, so tell me some important social or strategic moves you made and how the helped you make it farther.

EOIN
You were a core member of my alliance, but you were the most invisible as well. Many see you as the least worthy here, and think of you as a near sheep who only did anything around F6. I can see some of the subtleties of your game  I still really like you so I want you to get a fair shot, and my question for you is describe your strategic and social games as thoroughly as possible.

BRADY
I love you hun, and you are my obvious vote, but I still haven’t made up my mind. You were paranoid to such a degree that it annoyed many. You had a very ok social game that convinced some and didn’t convince others. Your strategy was decent and somewhat good, with you making moves when you had too and when you could. My questions for you are this; would you have voted me out as a threat if we had gotten rid of Dom, who did you socialize with the most, and what was your greatest move?

Now, before I go, I have one last paragraph to write. A certain player by the name of Dominique attacked me in her (flop) quitting post and I just can’t let it go. Her first and major insult was this - “Then wanna be like BB was going for you BB couldn’t gun for someone even if he was programmed to do it” (notice how i fixed her poor spelling of doesn’t). Now, let me get this straight, you say that I couldn’t gun for someone ever? Well here’s the tea sis, I gunned for a person and they went H O M E. Guess who went decided to vote those two i people on my flop tribe, me! I blindsided a active player for crying out loud while you sat back and was an annoying and entitled bitch who tried to have an iconic personality but only succeeded in making people cringe. I was swapped and I managed to still get a majority there and vote correctly, and you followed me and JOINED my voting block. At merge, my alliance controlled the votes and you completely and utterly failed in every way to succeed. You would have gone home at One Day tribes if it weren't for a advantage, and that goes to your gameplay. You had NO social game. You messaged on Tengaged and that was that, you never made real bonds and everyone saw you as either a goat or a easy target. You weren’t seen as a threat because you weren't a threat. Your strategic game was on the same level as Zeke from Philippines, no, he was better! You didn't even make a move with the advantage and you still give me to the lesser role? Bitch bye! And then you state that you brought us players to merge, well honey, we would have made merge without you. We lose immunity and you would have GONE, sit your ass down and enter the real world. And now for my cherry on top. YOU QUIT. You say it’s because you didn’t  want to be robbed since you played better than everyone else when you played worse than anyone else and that's why you were going to be voted out. Many didn't want you around because you were so invisible and useless and they were fine with getting rid of you as a result. Imagine quitting because you can't take a vote out, P A T H E T I C. Enjoy your fate as the forgettable NaOnka knock off of the series, and I sincerely hope that I never see you again.
BB

https://68.media.tumblr.com/67761c2cc620f64eec74c738ade3734b/tumblr_inline_n78skmWVk41svqvxq.gif
1952 days 8 hours ago
BENLINUS
'Enjoy your fate as the forgettable NaOnka knock off of the series'

https://uploadir.com/u/8rkfq0qn (cba to actually look for a Palesa gif that works so you'll all have to endure the pain of clicking x)

Eagerly awaiting the replies to BB before I provide my own speech just so we can have some order to this ftc <3
1952 days 8 hours ago
CoachWade
BRADY
I love you hun, and you are my obvious vote, but I still haven’t made up my mind. You were paranoid to such a degree that it annoyed many. You had a very ok social game that convinced some and didn’t convince others. Your strategy was decent and somewhat good, with you making moves when you had too and when you could. My questions for you are this; would you have voted me out as a threat if we had gotten rid of Dom, who did you socialize with the most, and what was your greatest move?

Alright BB I totally respect that. I will just say that I can totally understand all the points you’re coming from. Some can argue that paranoia could be a weakness to my game but I actually view that as one of my strengths because I felt like I definitely had a rift to be paranoid. I mean out of all the members of my alliance which consisted of you, James, and Eoin you all had some sort of advantage where I didn’t have everything and I had to figure out a way for me to work around all of those just so I could have a shot to even win this game. That leads into my what you’ve asked. I also was paranoid a lot because I was a returning player and I knew that, that factor alone could of put a target on my back.

BB I hate to say it but I was definitely plotting your demise around like f7 because I wanted to try and get at least all the pairs out first and then go for you. BB the strength that you had that I feel like I’ve lacked was you were definitely a lot more likeable than me and our games were so similar that I didn’t think I could beat you at the end and I’m pretty sure that would of been the case.

The person who I socialized the most is honestly tough to answer tbh but I’d have to say it was probably Benjamin because we’ve talked throughout the whole game from the second day where we organized the Chris vote. He was one who really seemed to get my gameplay and where I was coming from at all times and we were a great team until it was eventually time to separate and I know you’ll probably hear me say this a lot but getting James to use his idol at f6 was a turning point for my game because it basically meant that he would of gone home with it or he would of played it and then he would of been the biggest target next round which was exactly happened. That target was too big for Benjamin to overcome and it spared me elimination.

I think my social game could obviously not be defined as the best in this game per say but I think it was better than the 2 sitting next to me and that’s honestly all you really need I’m Survivor like there was a reason why I was the last to receive votes in this game and I feel like people are overlooking that. Even though, people thought about voting me at times, they never did until the f5. I felt like I certainly played a bigger decision in the alliance then Eoin did because I was always one constantly thinking about better options for the alliance and I technically voted in the majority of every vote in this game.

Eoin can say the exact same too but I felt like he just voted where he was told most of the time where I voted on my gut instinct especially towards the end. Even though Dominque didn’t go at f9, she technically still would of gotten the majority of votes if it weren’t for the steal a vote and James even technically got majority at f6 and f5 so I hope this answered your question and I’m sorry about how long it is but I feel like you should know best about how much passion I put into this game. We were always strategizing because we both wanted it so bad and I took risks to get here. If I wanted to get 3rd place I would of taken James and Jacob to the end but there was no way in hell I was doing that so even though people will probably say I had a harder path to get to the end, it’s because I took risks to get there and I still made it here so they ultimately payed off in my favor.
1952 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
At work, I’ll answer later BB!
1952 days 4 hours ago
BOBROCKS333
JACOB
You are perhaps the obvious top dog at this FTC but I guarantee that a good chunk of this jury sees you as being someone who relied on physical prowess to survive, and have the opinion that if you had to rely on immunity and lacked the social or strategic abilities to keep yourself safe without them then you don't deserve the vote. But regardless, you still managed to make here and therefore you must have done more than win immunity. I  want to thoroughly look at your game without being biased, so tell me some important social or strategic moves you made and how the helped you make it farther.

I think the first big social "move" that I made that set me up to go farther in this game was getting with Rhett. If he wanted me out, that would've been someone with a huge incentive to target me, and I could've been taken out anywhere through Final 11. But I was able to reach out to someone who, hopefully he doesn't mind me saying this, wasn't really the most active gameplayer in this season. So just by messaging him, I feel like I pretty easily secured his loyalty and made sure that one person NEEDED me in this game.

At the Final 11, I showed my social/strategic adaptability. Dominique was the first person to talk to me about that vote, and said that Brady was throwing my name out. I went to Josh, someone I had a social connection to, and tried to test the waters to see if it would be possible to get out Brady or you (BB). When it didn't seem like he was really on board, I just kind of had to shift to self preservation and minimize the target on my back. I talked to Jive and James a lot that round, and luckily there were people in this game who wanted to take out others and save me. I had people looking out for me, and didn't have to use my advantage the one time I was vulnerable.

At the One Day Tribes, even though I was immune, I pulled off some strategic moves by utilizing two of my social connections. Rhett was prepared to give me his part of the idol and just take the chance of being voted out, but I was not having that. I successfully convinced him that he was the target and got him to play our idol. I also used my vote steal, which I had not told a single person about. I knew that if I told ANYONE about an advantage, the target on my back would only get bigger. In that one round of tribals, I managed to take out 2 people who were against me, 2 threats for the next immunity challenge, and maybe even another advantage, all because I had the backing of people that I had social connections with.

At Final 6, I was approached by Josh to vote out Brady in case of Eoin playing his idol. I then took all of this information to Eoin and Brady, because I felt that James and Josh were bigger threats. Eoin/Brady are the 2 people that I felt like I had the least chance of working with at that point just based on our relationships, but I needed to try anything and everything in order to advance my position and take out threats. It's funny because Brady and I both lied to each other and said we'd vote for Billy haha, but neither of us did. However, if I had just listened to what other people told me and voted for Brady without questioning it, things could potentially be different right now. I did everything I could to change the game in my favor that round.

After Josh went, I just tried to continue taking out my perceived biggest threats to my end game. I voted for James and Brady at the last two tribals during the finale, and even though Brady ended up beating Billy in fire making, I can at least say that I tried to put myself in the best position possible to win this game. I may have won 5 immunities, but it's not like I just avoided playing the game once I had the necklace on. I still did a lot in this game, and exercised as much control as I could given the numbers situation, and I hope you can see that.
1952 days 3 hours ago
BENLINUS
Hey guys, congratulations on making it here. There seems to be a consensus amongst quite a bit of the jury that no one at this final tribal council fully encompasses the three main criteria of Survivor... physical, social and strategic. That means essentially this really is a live vote for you guys, and I think nobody is coming in here with their mind totally made up on who to vote. I have some specific questions for you all, and I may have some more later as I'll likely forget some at this stage.

I'll begin with Eoin ...

The jury consensus around you seems to be that you played the most passive game of the three, and that you really didn't come into your own until you got angry at Jacob at the final six for his continued success in immunity wins. You made it clear above anything else that your priority was to take Jacob out. He's now sat next to you at the final tribal council... did you therefore fail in what was the apparent pivotal move necessary for 'our side' in the game? And by default, should I give Jacob my vote as he above anything else prevent you both from achieving your main priority of voting him out?

Secondly, I want to ask about the final six and five tribal councils. You came to me and essentially said that Brady was being a bit of a snake and trying to get me out by going between both sides, and whilst I was already playing the idol I am grateful that you told me that. However, the fact you voted me the next tribal suggested to me one of two things... either you felt I was the bigger threat than Brady and that you had no reason to go on with me, or you had known from the final six that I was likely soon heading to the jury and wanted to assure yourself my jury vote by trying to leave with me and you on good terms. Do either of these ring true in your opinion? Or is the truth the one you gave me... that you wanted me out as you felt Brady was more likely to take you to the end. Keep in mind this third option just suggests that Brady wanted you at the end because he felt you were easy to beat, or that your goal was just final three, rather than to win.

I may have more questions for you later on so I'll try to remember. Congratulations on making it here.
1952 days 3 hours ago
BENLINUS
Now onto Brady...

Of the three sat here I know your game the best. I know the high points... I know the low points. I think strategically and socially you probably did the most work out of the three sat here, but neither your social or strategic game were without flaws. As BB said, you came off paranoid a lot of the time, and had asked both myself and Eoin to use our idols even on nights when you had no one writing down your name. There is also a perception that whilst you were undoubtedly apart of planning a lot of the votes, that maybe you only succeeded in them when you were able to have others push for them alongside you... as many of those you said you had connections with in the game seemed willing to vote you out for the simple reason they had little trust in you. There isn't really a question there but I'd like a response to that in some way as I think whilst I can see you're very passionate about winning this, we need a bit more clarity on your social and strategic game. Was it individual, and one that you could have done without others... or do you think you could replace half of us with other individuals and still be in the same position you are in now.

As for my questions... I have two right now...

The first one - I'd like you to rank all the jury and the final three from best to worst (please include Dominique also even though she quit and is not on the jury). I want you also to include a small piece about whether or not you feel you could win this game with any other combination of FTC participants other than Eoin and Billy (as this was clearly your plan). Finally, does Jacob being here also show a failure on your part? I look forward to this ranking as I think it'll be useful to me and the other jurors.

Second and final individual question... a few jurors have referred to you as someone who is notoriously bitter in other games. If you're voted out, they say you wish for nothing more than to see those who voted you out leave the game. I do remember myself that in M&N's Survivor you told me that you'd not vote for me to win because I didn't spare you even though we were on other sides, and a few people labelled you as bitter because whilst you acknowledged I had supposedly played well, you still refused to vote me to win due to me working firmly against you. That's just my personal experience, but others have said they have similar situations or have seen similar situations. So my question is... as I and others were perhaps given bitterness by you... why should I extend my vote for you to win even though you reneged on our deal? As you know I'm not a bitter juror and you voting me out will not impact my decision, if anything I can respect it. I'm asking why if you yourself are labelled bitter should others give you a different treatment?

Congratulations on reaching the end, I look forward to your responses.
1952 days 2 hours ago
BENLINUS
Finally, Jacob ...

Now, of the three sitting in the final I spent the least time talking with you, but we still did talk in the game. From an outsiders perspective I can see how people would think you are the most deserving. Targeted to leave the game early, saved with an early merge. Targeted at the merge, saved due to a select few followers and some people opening their mouths too much... then straight immunity wins until the end despite a group making it their priority to get you out. On paper it seems like I'm almost describing the game of Mike Holloway or Ben the self-victimising marine from HvHvH... two of my least favourite Survivor winners of all time. Typically, I'd say that kind of game play never deserves the win when you have a Carolyn Rivera or Chrissy Hofbeck by your side. However, you do not have a Carolyn or a Chrissy sat with you tonight.

I'm a little unsure what to ask you, as by your own admission a social and strategic game may have not been prioritised. I can't deny that it isn't entirely your fault, because the fact remains you were targeted without even winning a single individual challenge, and remained a target until this point. You had essentially no choice other than to win, and I'm not sure any sort of social game would have helped you. I do see traces of social play given you had a few people riding you like a magic carpet, and even someone like Josh had an affinity with trusting you despite my suspicions.... and Josh is someone who I hold in high regard when it comes to ability in this game, so I think that's a credit to you in some regard.

Where I struggle is that I and other jurors have asked whether or not you really made any sort of connection with us. You and I did talk, and I think we did share a conversation which was refreshing as we never once spoke game, and I admitted that whilst I had no intention of working with you, I couldn't understand the vilification of your character after others had bigged you up to the point your only option was to win. But if I was to ask you... which of us is an Aussie, which of us is a Muslim, which two people are bibliophiles... I question if you'd be able to identify much about our personalities.

I suppose I don't have too many questions for you as I'm not sure what you can tell me that I don't already know, but I'll throw out a few just to get an insight into your game.

- When you approached me at the final eleven I actually enjoyed talking because it felt like a break from static game chat that many of us have in the game. Was your intention to talk to me strictly from a game perspective.... if no, what was it's purpose? If yes, why only do it on a few occasions, and not keep it up to essentially butter up someone you intended to place on the jury?

- Josh was extremely loyal to you in the game, and often said he hoped to keep you in even if you lost immunity, and I think he genuinely felt as if you could work together during the early portion of the merge. When it came to the end game, he went home and you said it was good as he was a threat. After Dominique labelled him as doing "nothing", did you truly believe Josh was a threat? Or did you want him on the jury because you wanted his semi-friendship with you to translate into a guaranteed jury vote?

- There are many rounds where even if you voted in the majority, you weren't spearheading the vote, and on occasions such as the double tribal you were truly left with little option but to use the idol that we were aware of, or the advantage that ultimately let you take out BB. Whilst I do think it was a good move, is it not a case of common sense prevails rather than a brilliant strategic play?

- Finally, do you think that the fact Brady and Eoin ultimately failed at voting you out, you should be rewarded with the win? What was your ideal final three situation?

Congratulations on outlasting many of those who wanted you out, and sitting next to two of them at the end which highlights a weakness in their plan.

** All Finalists **

Nevertheless, my vote is not secure at this stage, so I'll be watching and reading carefully to see which of you I feel is the most deserving. I'll admit, I had hoped that if I was on the jury I'd be able to vote someone who I felt has a fantastic personality and strategic/social ability in BB, but I realise that is not an option tonight, and therefore I look to the three of you to convince me you are worthy of the win. Good luck to you all, and thanks for the memories.
1952 days 2 hours ago
CoachWade
@James

Of the three sat here I know your game the best. I know the high points... I know the low points. I think strategically and socially you probably did the most work out of the three sat here, but neither your social or strategic game were without flaws. As BB said, you came off paranoid a lot of the time, and had asked both myself and Eoin to use our idols even on nights when you had no one writing down your name. There is also a perception that whilst you were undoubtedly apart of planning a lot of the votes, that maybe you only succeeded in them when you were able to have others push for them alongside you... as many of those you said you had connections with in the game seemed willing to vote you out for the simple reason they had little trust in you. There isn't really a question there but I'd like a response to that in some way as I think whilst I can see you're very passionate about winning this, we need a bit more clarity on your social and strategic game. Was it individual, and one that you could have done without others... or do you think you could replace half of us with other individuals and still be in the same position you are in now.

Alright so I’d love to tell you about my social and strategic game more and I think you for asking that.

I could argue that my social game could of definitely been better and I totally see where you were coming from but even though I had you BB and Eoin, I was always talking to more people because I knew at one point that I’d have to make moves to get you guys out that I thought I couldn’t beat. You know I’ll probbaly say this a lot but even though people may not have trusted me the most, they still never voted me which was clearly for a reason. Also in our four person alliance, I knew everything you guys had. I was the only person in this game that knew BB had the extra vote and I also knew that you and Eoin both had idols which not many people in the game may have known about. My social game clearly wasn’t the best and if people did see me as untrustworthy then it clearly didn’t matter because I’m still sitting here so I obviously did something right. Even when I wrote Dominique’s name down I was totally willing to reconnect with her and hopefully build our relationship forward because I know I could beat her and I knew that we both were the only ones in the game left with half idols but she quit.

This next point may not all be social but at the f4 I knew my ass was clearly on the line. I went to every single person to try and find out where they were voting and both billy and Jacob told me honestly that they were writing my name down that night so I had to go to Eoin and obviously I kept a good enough relationship with Eoin because he kept me here when I absolutely needed it. He basically kept me here even though Billy going would of most likely been a lot better for his game so I think that also says something. I don’t think I had the best social game but I think I definitely had the best of these 3 because I didn’t need to rely on immunity challenges to survive and Eoin got 5 votes at the merge while I only got 3 at the last 2 tribals. I’m the only person in this f3 that didn’t get an advantage handed to me no matter how hard I tried but I still freaking made it here.

Alright so now I’ll tell you about my strategic game which I think I excelled a lot more in and I feel like you really got to witness a lot of it because me and you did a lot of things together. I think my strategic game was my best attribute because all my decisions in this game were meticulously planned and strategy based. You know at the start of this game I was really trying to just take a backseat and not do too much so that when the merge came I could shine. The first part of the merge was also strategy based like my goal was to be a go advocate in my alliance and do a lot of the planning behind the scenes but I never wanted to come off a big threat so when I had to in this game I flew under the radar and I wouldn’t say I rode coattails because I certainly didn’t but I used people to my benefit when I had to at the start. The reason why I wanted you James and BB in the final 7 at least was for you guys to shield me. My strategy was definitely holding back and letting you guys take the hits because I knew that if I came off a big threat at like the f9, then I’d be screwed and it obviously worked because Jacob had the opportunity to take me out at f9 and he took out BB over me.

Then once BB was gone, I knew I had to turn to you James because me and you definitely thought alike and I wanted to be as close to you as possible so that way you wouldn’t of expected me to flip on you at f6. I will also tell you that I was paranoid at some votes because of all the advantages in this game because I saw what happened to BB so I never wanted to feel confident which I actually feel like was one of my strengths in the game but yeah I should of probbaly turned it down a little bit but again I never had a idol or advantage to turn to.

Then at f6, I knew that my strategy has to be to get the idols out of the game. I knew that if I went to f3 with Billy and Eoin, then I’d have a really good shot of winning and I wanted to set myself up for that but I knew that if 2 idols were I the game at f5, then I’d be in trouble like their was absolutely no benefit into me voting Eoin because it suited everyone else’s games and not mine. Even though Eoin might of called me a snake in doing this, he still voted with me to get James out and you had majority leaving that night and you would of thought that I’d be next since you played your idol but the next best thing happened for me and Josh went. Then you looked like a big threat in the game so I was able to capitalize on getting you out before you got me out.

And then at f4 Jacob won immunity but I was still able to stay and when I had to fucking win a challenge I did just that. Even when people started to look at me as a threat, it was too late for them to take a shot at me which is exactly what I wanted to happen.

Y’all might say that I’m a dumbass and I shouldn’t win because Jacob is sitting next to be and I bet some of you are already locked in for him but I don’t want you to overlook me because I feel like I had to work so hard to get here because I never won immunities and I didn’t have a easy partner to get out so I never officially had an idol. I played the game to my best of abilities with the cards I was dealt and unfortunately I can’t account for Jacob winning 5 immunities. I literally wanted to throw the challenge at f11 to get him out and I told BB that we had to do that so I had all the intentions of doing it even if it risked my game so I don’t feel like I should be looked at as dumb because if the merge had happened at f10 this game would of probably been way different and even at f13 I wanted to vote him out until he won immunity and I tried so fucking hard in every challenge to get him out but I’m not a challenge person and I didn’t have that luxury heading into the game like Jacob did.

And yeah I was paranoid at times but if I was really paranoid I would of voted out Billy at f6 but I didn’t. Jacob came to me with a last ditch plan. He said you’re the backup plan in case Eoin played an idol and that josh told Jacob to vote for me. However, I didn’t back down from what I was trying to do and I didn’t give into what Jacob was saying even if I risked my name being on the line. Basically if I would of been so paranoid then I would of voted billy at f6 to save my ass because Jacob was basically telling me I was going home if I didn’t vote for billy and Eoin played the idol at that tribal but I didn’t give in and if I would of voted for billy that night then I would of been basically guaranteeing a loss so I feel like I was pretty self awareness of what was also going on.

I get this is a lot but I feel like a lot of people are underestimating my game because Jacob was in the spotlight all season and I wasn’t but my strategy was to not be in the spotlight while also not looking like a floater either. I felt like I was able to accomplish that and Jacob seemed to be the target at the f13 vote, he was a target at the f11 vote before we knew it was a merge. He was going to go home at f8, f6, f5 and f4 if he lost an immunity fhallamhe and I never had to worry about that.

I know this is a lot but I really hope you do change your mind and consider voting for me to represent this season.
1952 days 1 hour ago
CoachWade
The first one - I'd like you to rank all the jury and the final three from best to worst (please include Dominique also even though she quit and is not on the jury). I want you also to include a small piece about whether or not you feel you could win this game with any other combination of FTC participants other than Eoin and Billy (as this was clearly your plan). Finally, does Jacob being here also show a failure on your part? I look forward to this ranking as I think it'll be useful to me and the other jurors.

1. James- James I felt like you were pretty strategic in this game kind of like me at times. We made a very great team on votes like the Chris vote and you were always thinking about what you’re best moves were in the game. The fact that it was pretty obvious you had the idol and didn’t have to play it at f6 is a testament to how good your game was.

2. BB- I felt like BB played a very similar game and we also made a lot of things happen. BB was a pretty good talker and he was pretty good socially which is why I wasn’t too upset to see him go early.

3. Josh- I feel like Josh was overlooked a lot in this game and he seemed to always be a person that voted in the majority up until his elimination at the f6. He also did a great job at taking out Jive before jive got the opportunity to snatch him. I think it was a very good respectable move.

4. Birks- I felt like if Birks wouldn’t of got idoled out then he could of potentially gone really far. He was pretty well socially and knew how to play the game so who knows what Dana age he could of done.

5. Rhett- Even though I never really talked to Rhett, I’ve got to give him credit where credit is due. He seemed to be associated with Jacob which I think really hurt his game but he never gave up.

6. Billy- Billy was often a wildcard to a lot of people in this game. He was a hard player to determine where his vote would lie or what the he’ll he would do. People often looked at him as a easy beat and idk how he would of done at final tribal.

7. Jive- Even though Jive went out early I felt like he still didn’t do that bad of a job. I think his management of the Josh vote was pretty poor though and even if he stayed at f11, he would of probbaly gone at f10 or f9 anyways.

8. Dominque- Was a sheep and I don’t respect quitters.

And I hope you read my last message because I basically expressed the Jacob question in my last statement.

Also, I do think I could of beat others in the FTC like I think if I was here with Dominque and Josh then I’d think I could have a pretty good case for me to sell and I even think I could of beat Rhett in a final three because he didn’t seem like he had many social connections in the game.

Second and final individual question... a few jurors have referred to you as someone who is notoriously bitter in other games. If you're voted out, they say you wish for nothing more than to see those who voted you out leave the game. I do remember myself that in M&N's Survivor you told me that you'd not vote for me to win because I didn't spare you even though we were on other sides, and a few people labelled you as bitter because whilst you acknowledged I had supposedly played well, you still refused to vote me to win due to me working firmly against you. That's just my personal experience, but others have said they have similar situations or have seen similar situations. So my question is... as I and others were perhaps given bitterness by you... why should I extend my vote for you to win even though you reneged on our deal? As you know I'm not a bitter juror and you voting me out will not impact my decision, if anything I can respect it. I'm asking why if you yourself are labelled bitter should others give you a different treatment?

Unfortunately dude I hate that you brought up this question but I’d like to address it. I can absolutely see where this is coming from because I’ve been bitter leaving games. M & Ns survivor was a very long time ago when I was like 13 and I was very immature for my age it I’ve think I’ve done a lot of growing over time. I mean I leave so much passion into these games and I know that sounds crazy but I do and sometimes when I’m so invested I get a title heated and I know I’ve got to work on that.

But I think that you firsthandedly should know that in your game because I voted the more deserving player to win even though he stabbed me in the back and you even said that to me and I even would of voted Christian at the end because I respect good gameplay like I never thought in this game that I was a port sport at all and I even told Jacob that I respected him a lot as a game player and I would often give him props for winning those immunities when he needed to. I know I’ve done that in the past but I don’t think it’s hypocritical of me to ask for your vote because I’ve fought my ass off in this game because I am not a challenge person so I absolutely would of voted on best gameplay and that’s why I tried to get as many big threats out as I could.

I hope that was a good enough explanation.

open group

Cutthroat Challenge: Spies, Lies, Allies

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!