This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL | Costa Rica

Topic » FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL | Costa..

1242 days 7 hours ago
TheKevmiester
Sorry I have been lacking.  I will ask my questions now.  First of all, however, congrats on the three of you for making it here, you did what 15 of us could not.  No matter what, you all played a game that took you to the final three and should applaud yourself for that.

Jayson- You talk about having a good social game which allowed you to have many different paths to the final three.  However, I don't see this as a good social game I see this as a weak competitor.  During the finale I wanted to take you to the final three because I felt like I could easily beat you.  You were protected by the numbers, and the minorities never targeted you because I think any reasonable player this season knows they could have received more votes than you in the end.  Now I would respect this, but I feel like you didn't deserve the protection you got.  What I saw, through my eyes, is you getting lucky and fitting into the majority the entire season.  I feel like you were protected by players like Scott, and I always saw him putting you into alliances with previous relations he already had.  I would like for you to try to explain to me how you deserved the position you had and what you had to do to get yourself in the majority, because from my perspective you were put there by others.

Alfie- One of the things you said in your video is that perception is key, which I agree with.  I applaud you for knowing that people thought Scott played your game because I can't help but partially agree with them.  You have done a good job convincing me you played your own game and I am seeing some things you did on your own, but at the same time you will not be able to convince me Scott didn't play a huge portion of your game for you because of how I observed you play in the last few days of the game.  So, with that being said, I don't think there is any way you are going to convince me your game was above Deshon's, so I am going to ask you to tell me why Deshon's was below yours.  Without mentioning your own game, tear down Deshon's and pinpoint each and every flaw.  I see the only way of you getting my vote is to not raise the bar for your own game, but to bring Deshon's game beneath the bar I have for yours.

Deshon-  You played from the bottom and you found your way out when me, Nopa, and Lynn could not.  My question for you is, did you actually get out of the bottom by your gameplay, or was it all luck.  Did the majority happen to just pick your other bottom of the totem pole players before you, or were you spared because of actions you did.  Please do not reference the Scott vote in this, I am in actual awe of that tribal and have no idea how you convinced Jayson and Alfie to give you the game over Scott, whatever you did right there I feel is more than enough to be crowned the winner already.

Once again, a final congrats to the three of you for what you have accomplished.  I hate to be that juror, but I do feel that my vote is already made up, but I will listen to what each of you have to say to persuade me before I actually cast it.
1242 days 7 hours ago
crazybone5000
Oop, well I'm glad I was able to partially convince you at least, I still think to say Scott played my game is incorrect but I'll move on to your actual question.

Sorry about this Deshon LMAO

In my opinion, Deshon didn't play as good of a game as me. First off, his social game was majorly lacking, Deshon recieved votes or at least had his name brought up at pretty much every tribal council in the merge. That wasn't down to him being some huge threat, it was done to him being on the bottom and not doing a good enough job of making connections with the other side of the tribe.

Additionally, Deshon had to rely on advantages and challenge wins in order to get to this point. If he hadn't of had the idol he probably gets voted out at the final seven, and if he doesn't have the legacy advantage he certainly gets voted out at the final six.

I think he floated through this game and got quite lucky to survive each vote, rather than using any sort of judgement. I understand that members of the jury view his status as 'underdog' impressive, but in reality the only reason he was the underdog was because he didn't have enough social connections and he didn't put himself in a good enough position.

I hope that answers your question, Kevin. Really enjoyed getting to know you, and I hope I've convinced you why I played the best game out of us three.
1242 days 7 hours ago
crazybone5000
Also I would like to point out Deshon didn't 'convince' me to change my vote to Scott. That was my decision because I saw Scott as a threat. Had Deshon said absolutely nothing to me I would've made that decision anyway.
1242 days 7 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
Congratulations to all 3 of you.

My question is to all 3 of you and concerns yours truly.

I have played in at least 10 ORGs on here since the pandemic started, and this game was by far the best game I've ever played.  I feel like I couldn't have played better and yet I still finished 4th, below you guys.

So, going with the assumption that you 3 outplayed, outwitted and outlasted me (which I did), let me ask you for some advice....what was my fatal error in why I didn't make it here in the end?
1242 days 7 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
(which you did)  correcting my mistake
1242 days 7 hours ago
crazybone5000
Hi Scott thankyou for your question.

I think your biggest flaw in this game was how you let people perceive you as a massive threat in this game. If you had hid your or maintained your threat level better you wouldnt have been seen as such a big game player, and probably would be sitting next to me at the end.
1242 days 6 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
Thanks for your reply Alfie.

I think there is a very fine line between playing the game hard and playing the game too hard.  I guess I failed to walk it good enough and will try harder next time.  GG mate!
1242 days 6 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Deshon-  You played from the bottom and you found your way out when me, Nopa, and Lynn could not.  My question for you is, did you actually get out of the bottom by your gameplay, or was it all luck.  Did the majority happen to just pick your other bottom of the totem pole players before you, or were you spared because of actions you did.  Please do not reference the Scott vote in this, I am in actual awe of that tribal and have no idea how you convinced Jayson and Alfie to give you the game over Scott, whatever you did right there I feel is more than enough to be crowned the winner already.

I think luck plays a big part in everyone’s game in survivor. Survivor is a game of adaptability and being able to be dynamic in your gameplay. I would be lying if I said I had the best social game, however I did have people i was working with that trusted me and that I felt comfortable bearing information too. I absolutely did not come into the merge wanting to be on the bottom or be the last to be picked off in the minority, however I did have stronger connections to people that allowed to me to stay longer in the game. Did I float? Absolutely not. I won immunities when my ass was on the line, and I most certainly played to the best of my ability. Yes, one can say I would’ve went home if it wasn’t for my advantage, however there were plenty of opportunities for people to get me out when they wanted to, and ultimately they did not succeed in that. I want to credit how UTR I played in the beginning, because I think it was harder for me to get in the finale which i think is something that should be highlighted and commended.
1242 days 6 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Scott - what was my fatal error in why I didn't make it here in the end?

You definitely played this game completely opposite from my approach, however I do believe your type of strong-willed gameplay is definitely winnable in certain ORGs and group games. I definitely feel as though maybe you should’ve called the shots alittle bit less. It seemed to me that you were pretty much in control for majority of the merge. In my opinion, I think you should’ve made bold moves that highlighted your gameplay, and then sat back and been more reserved in tribals that you felt didn’t need as much as your opinion. That way, in a F4 situation you don’t have allies turning your back on you because you played such a great game. I definitely thought in my eyes, you were the clear winner had you gotten to F3. Good Gameplay!
1242 days 6 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
Thanks for the insight Desh...you make very valid points!  GG bud!
1242 days 5 hours ago
BBlover96
Kevin: I didn’t get their by others, I worked to get into the allinces I was in. If I had sat back and actually did nothing, didn’t talk to people, etc. I wouldn’t have been able to be apart of those alliances. I got the protection because I played the game and had the right people trusting me at the right time. Nothing was handed to me. I was targeted both tribals before merge I wasn’t safe and I stayed safe by actually communicating and doing whatever in my power to stay. I could’ve easily been voted out at any time at merge I wasn’t safe and I wasn’t because I was good with the right people. If being able to build trust with people to get to the end of survivor is considered weak then I must have been watching and playing a different game for 10 years
1242 days 5 hours ago
BBlover96
Scott:
I would say the fatal error was just not winning final immunity. I think you played well but at end of the day you just dominated and had more control in the game than him; and if considering the jury was not voting in a bitter manner you’d just sweep it. I felt you played perfectly just at end of the day your threat level was super high
1242 days 5 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
Jayson,
Thanks for your insight.  Challenge prowess has never been my forte.  I will need to practice and strive to be better.

God bless.

open group

Cutthroat Challenge: Spies, Lies, Allies

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!