This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM15 - Challenge & Photoshoot (5)

Topic » #NTM15 - Challenge &..

1487 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #5

"Fantastic Four"

Hello guys and welcome to your team challenge. This week you will be judged by none other than the most recent winner of the competition, he won the cycle 14 of the Next Top Model, it's Jon Kortajarena!

Your challenge this week, you'll be gunning in to action once again. For this week, just like the title says - each of you will become your own Fantastic Four namely, Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic), Sue Storm (Invisible Woman), Johnny Storm (The Human Torch), and Ben Grimm (The Thing).

What you are tasked this week is to form a collage showcasing the four qualities of that superhero. Of course you can take it literally, figuratively - being Johnny, of fiery attitude; Reed as someone with a quality of adaptability, flexibility, and etc. It's up to you how you'll take on the four, it's up to your team who gets to play who.

Reminder:

PARTICIPATION is important, once somebody reached out, it's participation already BUT he/she will still be deducted if he/she will AT THE VERY LEAST not post a picture himself.

24 hours to do the challenge. Goodluck! x
1487 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
TEAM A:
- Bryce Thompson (C13)
- Josh Beech (C4)
- Matthew Noszka (C11)
- Bae Yoon Young (C13)

TEAM B:
- Lenox Tillman (C11)
- Naomi Smalls (C12)
- Saskia de Brauw (C9)
- Shaun Ross (C13)

TEAM C:
- Gigi Hadid (C8)
- Jhona Burjack (C14)
- Lucky Blue Smith (C8)
- Lizzo Jefferson (C14)
1486 days 15 hours ago
patricenka9
hello my teamates i cant access skype can we talk on TG too
1486 days 7 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
TEAM B: The Fierce Foursome
- Lenox Tillman (C11)
- Naomi Smalls (C12)
- Saskia de Brauw (C9)
- Shaun Ross (C13)

https://imgur.com/a/BWADbXl

Ultimately for this challenge, we wanted to think outside of the box and go for the more figurative approach, rather than thinking literally about each character.

Invisible Woman portrayed by: Lenox Tillman - One of Invisible Woman's main powers is to render herself invisible by manipulating the wavelength of light. In this photo, you can see the play on the lightning and how the background blends into the rest of shot, creating.an illusion that draws inspiration to invisible woman's main ability.

Mr. Fantastic portrayed by: Naomi Smalls - Mr. Fantastic has an awesome ability to become elastic and convert his body into a malleable state. Naomi was the perfect model to play on this ability, as she is the epitome of body deformity (the extension in her legs). We wanted to play on the idea of flexibility and elongation within this shot, and it is definitely inspired by Mr. Fantastics ability to deform his body.

The Thing portrayed by Saskia de Brauw - The thing is known for his super strength ability. He is capable of surviving impacts of great force. Within this photo, Saskia is a cancer survivor, and what better way to represent strength and power than be inspired by such amazing cause. Fighting cancer is the ultimate sign of strength and power and the words illustrated on her body represents armor from doubt that one may think in their head.

The Human Torch portrayed by Shaun Ross - We wanted to use this for Human Torch as it kinda reflex that's youthful and punk attitude you see from him throughout the series. It also makes reference to fire with the smoke so is a natural link. It is not a literal representation of fire, but the vapor in this shot represent the fierceness and the fiery personality of the Human Torch.
1486 days 5 hours ago
Neme91
TEAM C: Four Shades of Fantastic

- Gigi Hadid (C8)
- Jhona Burjack (C14)
- Lucky Blue Smith (C8)
- Lizzo Jefferson (C14)

For this challenge, my team decided that we're going to embody the Fantastic Four as if we were the Fantastic Four which in a way we are. The Fantastic Four all were on the same space ship and went through the same cosmo event yet came out all with different powers. Different powers mixed with different personalities and ways of using their powers makes the Fantastic four who they are and it's what makes us who we are.

https://imgur.com/gGhOwfv
This photo represents each one of our current states as we witness a villain that has come upon us.

Mrs. Fantastic portrayed by Gigi Hadid -
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VeneratedUniqueGyrfalcon-small.gif

Gigi represents the leader of our team. Mrs.Fantastic is a strong willed leader who in the face of danger makes the logical decision rather than the impractical one. In this photo we see her ready to be the first one into action with her body positioning showing her flexibility to jump into any situation and handle it.

Invisible Woman portrayed by Lizzo Jefferson -
https://media.giphy.com/media/bbZAe2b5yGDPq/giphy.gif

Lizzo is the matriarchy of our team. Invisible Woman has to be the glue that keeps the team together. Being the wife of Gigi, the brother of hot head Lucky, and the friend of the temperamental Jhona. The team would not be the team without the infectious positive energy   she displays. In this photo, we are able to catch a still shot of Lizzo as she's ready to suit up (turn invisible) and take on the bad guy.

Human Torch portrayed by Lucky Blue Smith
https://media2.giphy.com/media/kgyLlpe3YCkmI/giphy.gif

Lucky is the bad boy of the group. Stubborn and independent and doing what he wants and pleases but when time comes to "Flame on" he's ready. Human Torch will always keep the team on their feet never knowing his whereabouts or what he'd do next but he brings the youth to the squad. In this photo, whatever villain just messed up Lucky's day off got another thing coming.

The Thing portrayed by Jhona Burjack
https://media0.giphy.com/media/kp21bvJR1QNfa/source.gif

Jhona is our lovable sweet muscle of the group. Any heavy lifting needed would get taken done by The Thing. No matter his physical appearance Jhona will always accept the fact that he is what he now is and will do anything to protect the people who he truly calls his family. In this photo, Jhona is prepare for the inevitable fight to come uttering his iconic catch phrase "it's clobbering time"

Hopefully you can see the beautiful differences that makes our little family fantastic.
1486 days 4 hours ago
KingGeek
chal v / GROUP A "Wendy's 4 for 4"
⚘ Bryce Thompson (C13)
⚘ Josh Beech (C4)
⚘ Matthew Noszka (C11)
⚘ Bae Yoon Young (C13)
https://i.imgur.com/A4TEGUL.png

as a team, we decided to take the assignment in a more literal sense by portraying the fantastic four's respective superpowers. introducing wendy's 4 for 4's fantastic four!

as sue storm, the invisible woman, bae yoonyoung takes charge! she focuses on the heroine's ability to become invisible and project invisibility. in her shot, there is a play on colors to deceive the eye into believing the potential of her capabilities through the hues of blue represented in the foreground and background.

as reed richards, mister fantastic, josh beech is ahead! while mister fantastic is known for his great intellect, josh focuses on the durability and flexibility of the hero. this is blatantly visible within the shot as beech utilizes his surroundings to showcase these talents.

as johnny storm, the human torch, matthew nozka strikes a match! with more difficult powers to emulate, considering the limits between a model's safety and the spark of a flame, nozka demonstrates storm's ability to absorb heat. this is visible through the use of warm colors to emulate aforementioned heat and his lax pose can be conveyed as almost parasitic, leeching off of the light.

as ben grimm, the thing, bryce thompson rocks out! bryce focuses on the superhuman strength grimm possesses upon his transformation into the thing. in bryce's shot, his physique and personal physical strength play to his advantage in order to omit the tough, brawny energy radiated by the thing.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/d394f162b90ce05b63c7e503b4d4b090/tumblr_p7h60wjWLW1s7kus0o3_r2_250.gif
https://66.media.tumblr.com/80a7864d7b4b0bf62669377a0bdc437b/tumblr_p7h60wjWLW1s7kus0o7_r1_400.gif
https://66.media.tumblr.com/0ceb2135fd126e2e92f5ece6a79aeda8/tumblr_p7h60wjWLW1s7kus0o5_r1_400.gif
1486 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1485 days 4 hours ago
tast519
Jon:

Team A:
Yoon - you stand out the most here with her straight on shot and bold lipstick and pose. This is usually great, but you’re supposed to be the “invisible woman”. I still like the choice of blue to blend into the background.
Matthew – you don’t look powerful enough to remotely resemble the human torch.
Josh and Bryce– great portrayals, but I wish they weren’t black and white. I usually don’t mind them (in fact, I usually like them), but it looks odd having two colorful and two grayscale shots in a group photo.
Overall, you guys did pretty well, but have room for improvement.

Team B:
Lenox – this is a great portrayal! You’re looking super invisible by blending into the background
Naomi -  those LEGS. You’re embodying elasticity while giving an amazing overall shot. You’re the clear standout imo.
Saskia – This is an interesting portrayal. You’re embodying the thing in your own way and you’re displaying a subtle strength in your face and pose that I like. Is it the most standout shot? Not to me.
Shaun - I love this one! You're looking like you yourself are burning without deteriorating - you were made to withstand the fire and smoke. The tilt of the head and black wardrobe and makeup add to the greatness of this. Great work.
Overall, you guys did a great job of just embodying your people and being cohesive. The only thing is 3/4 are beauty shots, which leaves me wanting a bit more, especially in a challenge that's all about embodying a character.

Team C:
Lizzo – I like that you look like you’re midway into turning invisible just by the photo edits, but you’re not really doing anything with your pose, face, etc. to aid that.
No complaints about the others. You guys did such amazing jobs at emoting your characters.
Overall, I think this group’s shots were amazing and love that there was no clear standout.
1485 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1485 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
I now have your challenge results.
1485 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
Not all of you participated in the challenge - Matthew will get points deduction for that.
1485 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
The team who will win this week's challenge gets to have an additional 1 point on his/her total score this week...
1485 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
Will it be the team Wendy's 4 of 4?
1485 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
Will it be the Fierce Foursome??
1485 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
or will it be the team Four Shades of Fantastic?

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!