This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM18 - Challenge & Photoshoot (6)

Topic » #NTM18 - Challenge &..

852 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #6

“Places and Pairs”

Hello guys, well you probably already have an idea about your challenge this week. That said, challenge judge for the week is Next Top Model Cycle 12: Breaking Boundaries Winner, our resident judge, Judge Garrett (Brandonh1)!

Now as the title said, you have been put into pairs by our challenge winner last week, Cong and your task is to present us a 2 photo collage showcasing one specific country of your choosing. Give us coherence while also discussing the cultures, traditions, ways of life, fashion, etc. of your chosen country.

Here are the pairings:
1) Barbie and Malaika
2) Yibo and Sasha
3) Luka and Tanya
4) Shanina and Reece
5) Cong and Jourdan

Again, you know the rules when it comes to teams/pairs challenge, no participation means deduction for yourself. You will have 36 hours to do this challenge. Thank you and good luck! x
852 days 17 hours ago
IceBear
Shanina and Reece

Persia was one of the first modern societies and established wealth, royalty and an idea of modern living. We wanted to demonstrate this through portraying a queen and king of Persia (modern day Iran) displaying a sense of aristocracy whilst still maintaining the traditions of the country. The inclusion of gold and silver, alongside jewelry and robes give an air of opulence and a portrayal of modern day Middle Eastern royalty.

https://imgur.com/a/seXVxpp
852 days 6 hours ago
spinfur
==Barbie & Malaika==

So one of the major issues we came across is how both me and Barbie are really different and it was hard finding two cohesive photos since we have completely WAY different styles however it wasn't an impossible task, and we decided to focus on the country of Venezuela and specially the television and pop culture aspect

See according to our research Venezuela is the country that has the largest telenovela production in the world with a grand total of up to 279 produced telenovelas in general and its such a huge thing in Latin American culture specifically pop culture and since this next top model season is focused on pop culture we decided to explore that route a bit

Here we decided to portray two telenovelas, two different characters but one cohesive theme.

https://i.imgur.com/1T1g1Nl.png
851 days 19 hours ago
Sebbers
Luka and Tanya

This was quite a difficult challenge, however I think we found a way to not only make it work, but make an interesting statement with our submission. We chose Bermuda, and tried to show 2 very different sides of the island. Luka represents the average person living in Bermuda. His relaxed pose combined with annoyed facial expression represents that he is all too familiar with what Tanya represents.

Tanya represents what the island has become, consumerism and tourism that has lead to the exploitation of the island and its citizens. Her hyper posed, seductive pose marketing something represents the image of the island that large corporations want you to see the island is to make it appealing to vacationers to go there. It helps strip away the unique culture of the island itself and presents a facade of what companies want you to see.

I also wanted to note that Luka specifically represents St. George's Island in Bermuda. The patches and badges on his shirt mirror what St. George's is known for, the bright and colorful houses.

https://i.imgur.com/6b2tglz.gif
851 days 16 hours ago
SeongWoo
Yibo and Sasha | South Korea | https://i.imgur.com/d01tzZC.png

The mugunghwa, or the rose of Sharon, is an object of deep affection. Meaning “eternal blossom that never fades,” it has been an important symbol of Korean culture for centuries.

Right now we're playing the colors. Sasha being the radiant one and i being the softer one.

We had a perfect match and we can understand each other limits, thats why make our chemistry going so well
https://i.imgur.com/MSQXMUS.gif
851 days 13 hours ago
humanwebjet1
Cong and Jourdan - Russia

"As any Russian woman showing off her shuba down the street will tell you, the fur coat serves a number of purposes. The first is fashion, Russians not being bothered about the anti-fur lobbies of their European and U.S. counterparts. The second is a statement of wealth."

Here we are both excellently showing off our shuba. We bring diversity in both our clothing and culture but cohesively come to a middle ground to portray Russia. Russia is primarily known for being a colder country due to being far away from the equator. With Russians mostly dressing for a colder weather, they came up with different colours and styles for their shuba to make it more exciting and entertaining!

https://ibb.co/xsW14m5
851 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
850 days 14 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

I echo everything Judge Jerard stated in his statement. During group challenges and photoshoots, it’s very important to communicate because without proper communication and agreeance your photo will not look the best and it will most definitely show with your final product so lesson learned, hopefully! With each week judging will get harder and harder as mine and I'm sure the other judge's expectations rise. I’ll probably say this another ten times this season bring your best every week or well you know what’s going to happen. Now that I have gotten that out of the way, onto your photos. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shanina and Reece: The wealth of the Persian Empire in gold is a very significant piece of the history of the country. I love your concept of the king and queen roles. Gold and jewels are indeed symbols of wealth and even royalty, so both of you did a great job. I can not necessarily say one of you did better than the other one as you equally delivered great photos. 

Barbie and Malaika: First off I love the fact that you guys chose to somewhat center your theme for the challenge around pop culture so that was a great nod to the season. Now, onto your photos these two photos to me do not match up that well with one another to produce one commonality like you said it was two different characters but what was the cohesiveness? If I had to guess who was more “Venezuelan” or “Latin American” character/culture-based I would have to say Barbie over Malaika.

Luka and Tanya: I feel you guys embodied the total package of Bermuda and St. George’s Island with your photos. I love the fact that within your chosen theme you chose to show two different sides…one being the average citizen and the other being what you would see on television in commercials or the rich side of things. Despite the overall quality of your photos being very different, I believe they complimented each other. I’m not too sure how much you guys communicated with each other but based on what I’m seeing I would think you guys worked together and communicated things to each other as you both produced solid photos. 

Yibo and Sasha: You guys chose to represent the rose of Sharon which is from what I gathered an important symbol in Korean culture as eternity. You two chose to represent the colors of the flower which isn’t bad. Who did better than the other? I believe you guys were pretty equal maybe Yibo edged Sasha just a bit as you gave a little more scene wise but nothing too significant to say one outshined the other. 

Cong and Jourdan: Very interesting theme to represent. It was a tad bit off but I love the effort. The main focus here is your Shuba’s/Coats in relation to Russian culture and the climate in Russia so I see where you guys are going with this. I will say Cong’s photo is a little stronger and fits better than yours Jourdan.
850 days 12 hours ago
txashaun
If I had known my partner was going to change the country on me I would've picked a better photo. 🥴
850 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
850 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
Time to announce the results...
850 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
The winners of this challenge gets to have an additional 2 points for their total scores this week...
850 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
Garrett's Top 2 pairs are:

3) Luka and Tanya
4) Shanina and Reece
850 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
But only one pair will about to get that additional points and that pair would be......
850 days 12 hours ago
Jerard

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!