This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM16 - Challenge & Photoshoot (10)

Topic » #NTM16 - Challenge &..

1332 days 9 hours ago
bambinoswag
[[Judge Augusta's Critiques for Special Forces]]

Jacob -- I appreciate the explanation, but this falls short for me. It just looks like a run of the mill outfit featured in a J Crew catalogue. The outfit is cute, I'd wear it, but it's not enough grit / militarism for the Special Forces brand.

Joan -- Welcome back to the competition! Ugh this is a tough one because you are giving a stunning side profile and you look amazing, but this side profile is not letting me see much of your outfit besides your hat (which does look on brand for me). But for a brand like mine, the garment is crucial.

Naty -- You continue to exceed my expectations. You aren't the same model who entered this competition Week One. You are totally embodying the essence of my brand, love not only that you have a uniform, but it's so chic and well fitted on you. Only thing I'd change are those shoes!!

Xi -- Oh you're totally serving me like Lara Croft goes on an undercover mission through the Sahara Desert to take down some bad guy. Styling is impeccable and matches your scenery so well. Great face. This is my favorite of the week!

Caroline -- I'm going to give you a similar critique that I gave you last time, Caroline. You do a great job being pretty and posy, but for certain challenges (e.g., military theme, crime scene), that works against you. Your styling is cute; I think the hat could work for my brand. I'd like more intense facial expression for military though.

Ajak -- I respect that you went outside the box here, and were the only one who went the more "public service" route. I love this shot, but for my brand, there's not enough direct essence of military / public service, even with your explanation. If you were let's say holding a prop conveying your giving to others with this type of scenery (e.g., water collecting jug), it would be a great fit for my brand.

Jason -- You look adorable, but not gritty enough for me. You look like you're skipping to your first day of college or something haha. I do see minor military essence in the coat I guess and the backdrop could work for the brand, but is it enough?

**BOOKINGS = Naty & Xi** (You both knocked it out of the park for me, and I can't wait for you to walk for my brand. Congrats!)
1332 days 7 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Ajak Deng (Rubes): Ajak, I like the pose; it compliments the outfit. I like your style; it’s so different and exciting, and I find that amazing to watch.

Caroline Trentini (spinfur): Caroline, I like this shot overall. I can see where you were going, and I like this shot a lot.

Jacob Morton (Neme91): Jacob, Overall, I think this was a pretty solid shot. I like the outfit, I wish we could’ve seen the shoes too, but that’s not that big of an issue. I wish we could’ve seen a front-facing shot of your face in this shot, but this isn’t bad overall.

Jason Anthony (turkeylover): This shot also reminds me of a few models I’ve booked. I must say outfits, as well as scenery, contributes to the overall quality of the photo. Jason, Overall I like this shot and think you did a great job with it.

Joan Smalls (RainbowKing): Joan, Let me first say Welcome Back! Joan, I like this shot. I mentioned scenery, and the outfit contributes to the overall quality of the photograph, and here you did a great job with showcasing opulence and wealth so great job!

Naty Chabanenko (tswiftlover13): Naty, This is defiantly one of those “Boss” types of shots. I would have liked to see a little more color since it’s just black in a black chair. The usage of jewelry is excellent; it adds to the “rich” or “expensive” persona we’re going after.

Ming Xi (humanwebjet1): I like this shot, I don’t know if you did your research on past models I’ve booked, but this shot reminds me of Bella Hadid Cycle 14 whom I booked. I believe it’s the similarities between the room and how you look directly into the camera with a serious-looking facial expression.

I feel like each of you did a fantastic job with my Go-See, and in some way, all of you presented a shot that I would be proud to have represented Garrett’s Gala for this cycle. I have decided to book the following models:
- Ming Xi
- Joan Smalls
1331 days 20 hours ago
nateclove
𝓛𝓲𝔃𝔃𝓸 𝓙𝓮𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 - ᏉᎥፈᎥᎧᏬᏕᏝᎩ ᏉᎥᏰᏒᏗᏁᏖ

Jacob Morton - This is a nice picture, Jacob. The clothing definitely give off a bit of vibrant though I do feel like the overall picture is lacking a bit in the "full of energy and life" department.

Joan Smalls - First of all welcome back to the competition and best of luck to you moving forward! The picture is a bit muted but I still get colourful and fun vibes from it, which is helped by your fun posing. Good job!

Naty Chabanenko - First of all congrats on your challenge win and I'm honored you chose to use it for my agency! For reference, I'm choosing to judge shot one! This picture is good, since you're managing to stand out even in such a bright and colourful setting!

Ming Xi - Okay I see you Miss Ming Xi you did not come to play with this shot! Everything about this picture is just so breathtaking and eye-catching, and despite the absolute insanity going on in this picture you manage to stand out and capture the attention!

Caroline Trentini - I like this picture, Caroline! You're managing to stand out in the picture despite all the colours coming at you from all the different angles. My one negative critique is I wish the pose was different.

Ajak Deng - You definitely took a risk tonight, Ajak, and I think it paid off. Your outfit, your pose and even your facial expression all scream the definition of vibrant perfectly - full of energy and life. Wonderful job.

Jason Anthony - Congrats on your challenge win, Jason! Much like Joan, you too are giving me a softer side of vibrancy with the colours incorporated in your look and with your fun pose. Unfortunately though I do think this is a case where the colours outshine the model, which wasn't helped by you looking down and having the shadow covering half of your face.

Before I reveal the models I decided to book let me just say how immensely proud of you all I am today. Everybody killed it and you should all be so proud for making it to the Final 7! Best of luck to everyone here.

The models I have decided to book are:
https://i.imgur.com/pFFhd9K.gif
AND
https://i.imgur.com/OzeCcxP.gif
1331 days 20 hours ago
Jerard
BOOKINGS BY FAR:

Xi - 3 out of 3
Ajak - 1 out of 3
Joan - 1 out of 3
Naty - 1 out of 3
1331 days 18 hours ago
nikw98
Hello all! Thank you so much for trying your hardest and doing your best to earn my booking! These all were good shots, i just think for my brand, some fell a bit flat.

Jacob- While i do like the effort put in, my brand was described as, "The most risk equals the most payoff. I want those who are willing to stand out in the best ways." And nothing about this shot really stands out to me. It's a great shot, don't get me wrong, but i just don't think it fits well with what i was looking for.

Joan- I love the awkwardness within the pose. I think that was something that i was known for within my shots during my cycle, so great job there. I think the look itself is good. Overall great job!

Naty- I like this a lot! I think this is a really cool photo and it really shows yourself off in a way we haven't really seen before! Great job!

Xi- While i do think this shot is very cool to look at, I'm unsure if you in the shot is unique, or the photo editing/movement on the picture is unique. Either way, very good job!

Caroline- I like this shot! I think it's super cool and interesting to look at! I do think, though, when i look at you as a model, it looks like Caroline, but the overall shot is very interesting!

Ajak- I LOVE the shapes in this shot. The exaggerated silhouette is great. The fact that it is monochromatic is very interesting and i think overall you did a great job.

Jason- I think you suffered from a similar thing that Jacob did. I like this shot a lot and for other categories it might've fit great, I just think that the shot overall wasn't the most fitting for my brand.

You guys really did not make it easy for me! I am torn between 5 shots at the moment and am unsure which i'm going to choose.

I think I'm going to break the trend of two models getting booked, by booking 3 of the 5 that i found super cool.

The first person I am booking is Xi! I think you did a really great job at creating a shot that isn't of the norm and that's what this brand is all about. I think you definitely took the biggest risk in giving us a shot with THAT much movement and i truly appreciate it!

The next person i'm booking was actually my favorite of the bunch and, to me, was never up for debate, Naty! I think you hit every nail in unique on the head. From the jacket to the haircut to the shot itself, I loved it! I think it was super cool!

The last person i chose was really close and i had to look at why each shot was unique in it's own right. I think that Ajak did a really good job at wearing unique clothing, making it very angular, very precise and i liked that a lot. I think Caroline, while wasn't wearing clothing that was per say unique, had a VERY unique shot. And i think that Joan had very unique posing and styling. (this is so extra, I know, i'm sorry y'all) But the last person i chose, was Joan due to her posing. It was something that very few thought of and i found it to be a great choice.

Booking: Xi, Naty, Joan
1331 days 12 hours ago
Neme91
*high Fives Jason for being men in a competition with women who obviously can wear wardrobe that fits these brands and be weird and extra and out there. Male models don’t Always have That luxary. Unless and im sorry to say it but its true unless the male model is apart of the LGBTQ or is a sex icon they will not get those photo opps where they can pose crazy with crazy wardrobe. Jacob Morton got the most basic ass photos but i did what i could to find 5 photos for yall and to not get a single booking cause its “eh not doing it for me”*

See you in the bottom two Jason *laughs*
1331 days 12 hours ago
Neme91
*hugs Caroline*

I thought your photos were beautiful too
1331 days 9 hours ago
spinfur
*hugs Jacob*
Thanks I don't agree with some of these judging but what can I do about this
1331 days 9 hours ago
bambinoswag
If anyone has a problem / comments regarding my judging, I'm happy to have a conversation about it so feel free to @ me!
1331 days 8 hours ago
tast519
Jon Kortajarena:

Jacob        Your face looks flawless! I think you have it in you to be a Debotion model with your confidence and sexiness, but I don’t think your style did the best job of showcasing that.

Joan        You look charming and I think you hit the other two adjectives really well.

Ming Xi        To me, you hit the three adjectives well. There's this charm about you that's subtle that works so well. I don’t find this the most engaging photo though.

Caroline        You look like a COMPLETE debonair. This is surprising and a perfect photo for this go see. You hit all three adjectives perfectly to me. This is honestly my favorite photo of the bunch.

Ajak        You are looking STYLISH and one of a kind. You look extremely confident.

Jason        You're looking stylish and like a true charmer. Unfortunately, because your glasses block your eyes, your look isn’t as unique as many of the others.

Naty        There’s this Naomi Campbell like confidence in you that I LOVE. The more I look at this photo, the more I grow to love it and see you as someone that could represent Debotion well.

You all did so well and I wish I could book all 7 of you. You're all such strong models and I agree with Lenox that y'all made judging this so hard! After careful thought, I decided on booking the three that I think would be the strongest representatives of Debotion:

Naty, Caroline, and Ajak.
1331 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1331 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
I now have the results for the challenge.
1331 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
And it's pretty obvious who won the challenge this week, Congratulations...
1331 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
1331 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
XI!

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!