This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM16 - Challenge & Photoshoot (5)

Topic » #NTM16 - Challenge &..

1386 days 5 hours ago
coolKat
I guess, sorry for sounding so upset, you guys did deserve the win
1386 days 5 hours ago
Neme91
The challenge was actually quite simple and yes you could got out of the box and MISS the mark because you tried to be extra. They asked simply for a beauty shot that harmonized the group together and that’s exactly what we gave them,
1386 days 5 hours ago
tswiftlover13
OMG! congrats Xi, Joan, Jacob đź‘Źđź‘Źđź’ś
1386 days 3 hours ago
coolKat
I already apologized Jacob, but thanks for that insight
1385 days 5 hours ago
bambinoswag
--Judge Augusta Commentary--

1. Jacob: So I think this is a cool shot! I like the mesh top in particular and you're definitely giving some Rock and Roll. Only issue is the hand placement... a bit raunchy for the Met Gala to have your hand down your pants.

2. Fernanda: I feel like I would like this photo more if I was able to see the full outfit... the Met Gala is all about standing tall and proud and showing off the eccentricity/ glamour of your outfit. I loooove your face in this, but the outfit it feels incomplete to me, which could be due to your body positioning / the cropping of it.

3. Victor: Yellow is an awesome color on you, but this is a bit boring to me for a Met Gala theme. I will say I really like the look but it doesn't meet the challenge for me. Don't be afraid to take a risk, as there are some top contenders who are bringing it to the judges every single week, and I think you have potential to be up in the top.

4. Ming: So I love this photos from the waist up, and unfortunately, the bottom of the dress is a big fail for me. I appreciate you taking a risk but your silhouette kinda looks like this: https://i.redd.it/8pxcvt27nq621.jpg ... but you know what? I'm going to score you decently just because your face is really sending me. Just be conscious of body proportions please.

5. Naty: Oh wow this is a really interesting shot, Naty! Not what I'd normally expect from you and I am pleased about that. There's so much to dissect here and that's what a good Met Gala look makes you do. In particular, I love the collar and the high waisted cut of the pants before flaring out (that's how you do a wider leg pant, Ming). Shoes are a little odd for me, but overall, great job!

6. Caroline: Unfortunately, this is a big ole miss for me. It's definitely quirky but does not give me a high fashion aspect that we expect at the Met Gala. It doesn't give me model in any way. I somewhat like the top half of this photo but meh I just don't like it unfortunately.

7. Aline: You continue to wow me. Great silhouette and love the makeup and hair. Love it all really. Good combinations of textures with the sheer and velvet. Somewhat odd backdrop for a Met Gala photo and I'd also like a bit more of a close up so I can appreciate it more, but overall, solid yet again.

8. Ajak: I've gotta give it up to you... you are a competitor who is never afraid to take risks. And I think this one worked in your favor yet again! This makes me think of a high fashion matador, and I wouldn't want to be the bull in your ring. I wish I could see your makeup a bit more, it looks stunning from afar. I know you would turn heads walking into the Met Gala like this. :)

9. Jason: So here's my dilemma. I really like this look on you, but kind of like you criticized in your description, it's just a bit boring for Met Gala. I appreciate you playing with patterns a bit, but again, a bit bland. However, your face and body are clearly modeling this and I can feel your confidence. Gonna give you a decent score overall, and I've been happier with your submissions as of late so keep it up.

10. Robbie: Similar to my comments for Victor, you just didn't really meet the Met Gala theme for me even though I like your styling on this more than his. I like it overall, but I want you to take some risks in order to have a chance of winning this game.

11. Joan: Hmmm... it's a bit costumey for me (and you even used the word costume in your description). Like you're holding some kind of plushy leopard, idk? I like aspects of this (your face /the jacket), but it doesn't come together for me. I hate scoring you low because I've been a fan, but I'm definitely disappointed with your submission this week :(

Tops --> Ajak & Naty
Bottoms --> Caroline & Joan
1385 days 5 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Jacob Morton: Jacob, I really like this look, but then, on the other hand, I really don’t. I like the shirt; it’s definitely something someone would wear, but I don’t like the pants and the fanny pack, so maybe changing those two would’ve made this a really unique look as they both somewhat simple with that particular shirt.

Fernanda Ly: I can see where you were going with the snow-white look; however, the way you are sitting is a bit awkward. I kind of wish you were standing because your facial expression and pose threw this shot off because it looks so weird.

Victor Ndigewe: This is a solid attempt, I wouldn’t say it “Wowed” me, but I see where you were going with the pants and bright jacket.

Ming Xi: Ming, This is defiantly something you’d see on the Met carpet. The dress is very different, and that’s genuinely what the event is about stepping out in something you wouldn’t usually see.

Naty Chabanenko: Naty, I like this look I agree the Met is all about wearing something you wouldn’t normally wear to any ordinary red carpet. I like that you didn’t go the traditional route of wearing a dress. The entire outfit itself for sure stands out.

Caroline Trentini: I defiantly see where you were going with the polka dots. I will say it’s a little too simple for my liking, but this, for sure, is something I’m sure someone would wear.

Aline Weber: I like this look; it reminds of some of a look I have seen at the Met Gala, especially the shoulder fabric pieces. I do see your theme of the “depressed” model with the black and with your facial expression.

Ajax Deng: Ajax, I like this look. I don’t know why I thought you were wearing a curtain or something when I initially saw it. I think this would be a fashion statement; it’s different, and that’s what the Met is about being different and expecting the unexpected.

Jason Anthony: I don’t see that uniqueness you speak of honestly. I think your look is very simple and not as extravagant as a Met look would be.

Robbie Beeser: Robbie, Overall, this isn’t bad. I do wish you would’ve added another feature to make it stand out even more, but overall it’s not bad.

Joan Smalls: Joan, I really like this look. I think it’s different each part of the look from the hat to the shoes to the tiger sack brings this outfit together, and I defiantly think this would be something you’d see at the Met.

Garrett’s Top 3 In No particular order:

- Joan Smalls
- Ajax Deng
- Naty Chabanenko
1385 days 2 hours ago
kaylee21
I'd like to say for my photo, in order to see it in fullscreen, right click it and select open photo in new tab. I submitted it when it was in its fullscreen, but the site made it do what you guys see. Just for an fyi.
1384 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Panel resched to 6:30 PM EST tonight.
1384 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
Hi guys, we're waiting for Judge Lenox to comment before we proceed to the panel.
1384 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Jacob - Well, this was pretty impressive. Jacob, I can say you are back on track once again after two weeks of a letdown. I can imagine you already rocking that outfit in a future MET Gala, ofcourse in accordance with a theme. You are rocking that top pretty well, the bottom could have been more grandeur, but it still works.

Fernanda - I actually like this shot, I do agree I wanted to see more of that very eccentric look you are bringing us this week, so a full body shot would be way better. But, what you give I think is enough this week. Your facial expression is really intense and I love it. The posing is a bit awkward, and wished I kinda see your hands.

Victor - Bright colors definitely would make anyone standout in MET Gala, I agree with the judges about this shot Victor, I feel like this is a good shot but there's something still missing. You have one of the strongest faces in the bunch but I would appreciate seeing you taking risk because this shot wasn't your "IT" shot.

Xi - First of all I must say that you have a really really nice body. I would say that I am seeing where you are going at it with the theme, but somehow it felt lacking in application. Just like Victor, there's really something missing, maybe a little more intensity in your facial expression, or body positioning.

Naty - Oh WOW! This deserves a standing ovation Naty, when I was thinking about the theme, this is really something I am picturing. This is a very unique look and you are posing like it's your last time. You have been delivering us photos every week, but this time you performed! This is a picture I'd be particularly remembering for this cycle.

Caroline - You are a model who is not afraid to take risks, sometimes it fails, sometimes it's a "wow". I don't think I was particularly wow-ed with your shot this week. I see where you are going with, unfortunately it damages half of the element of a good photo for a themed shoot. While you did gave us a unique outfit, the photo itself isn't impactful enough.
1384 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
Aline - Another really great shot! I must say though that based on overall performance, I believe this wasn't your week. While this isn't as powerful as your previous photos, this was more powerful than some had delivered this week. That dress looks so pretty on you, I see the route you are going to and it worked just fine.

Ajak - You are so so ready to walk that MET Gala and get the spotlight you rightfully deserved. This outfit deserves to be seen in a grandeur fashion event like that. The colors in this shot works together pretty well and it's just an additional on how good the photo was. You just standing there but speaks commandingly impresses me.

Jason - I agree with the judges with your shot Jason. It was really kind of a bland for a MET Gala theme but then again, there were really some people who had wore such. I do wish to see a little more emphasis on your look, though I must say you modeled that suit really well, I am seeing your improvements each week, good job.

Robbie - Your suit looks very expensive first of all, well you kinda do make what you wear looks expensive I'll give you that. You are a model who haven't really wowed me yet, honestly because you have yet to take some risk. For me this was a good shot, somehow a safe shot too and I know you could do better.

Joan - I am sad to see you submitted late again even though you know your challenge score is a far from the others. I think this photo is the most debatable of the bunch and it reflected on how the first two judges scored. Now, I must say I am leaning more on that I feel it's a photo that lacks on application as well.
1384 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
I have received Judge Lenox's scores. She'll be posting her comments in a few, but we shall proceed with the panel.
1384 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1384 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PANEL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1384 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
If you are currently here, do not hesitate to join in x

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!