This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM13 - Challenge & Photoshoot (2)

Topic » #NTM13 - Challenge &..

1801 days 19 hours ago
Wade
Bryce Thompson as Captain America/Steve Rodgers

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTkI915MwctgoMHIQPFZhH5awrURygvqNpjksnu5rf2mT8ThFUp

From the outside it might seem like there is no match between me and Steven but I chose this pic because it best represents the inner qualities of what Caltrain marvel stands for

1- they both are confident and you can easily see they have excellent leadership skills and willing to take control of things(by the way his posing)
2-they both focus on things that have the biggest impact(the way he focuses on the object with his eyes)
3-they know the fine line between taking risks and not being reckless(his half naked yet looks decent enough without overdoing it)
4-they both are strong men who are not afraid of following their dreams(him following his dreams of being a top model and not letting anything come between it)

There might not be a striking resemblance but it’s the inner qualities that matter and both of them share inner qualities that help them excel in their respective fields

Ps: whoever said that Beauty is only on the inside is a liar
1801 days 19 hours ago
Gay_Horse_
Victoria as Gamora

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/03/7f/0f/037f0f1db7849a481aa7189c69d26a36.jpg

Gamora has a tough life. Her adoptive father killed her family and her race, and now she swears revenge. But past the rough-n-tough personality and cool clothes, she is a loving, kind girl who just wants to be loved. So I made this look, as her as a modern human with blonde hair because unfortunately I do not have green skin and black and pink hair. The lace shoulders on her black leather jacket resembles innocence and purity, amongst the badass and cool. Hope it's good enough!
1801 days 14 hours ago
Rubes
Yaya Dacosta: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4e/6e/35/4e6e35eb7e859cb8987c1220c9975499.jpg

Inspired by this fight scene with the lunch box/tesseract:
1801 days 11 hours ago
haycsclair
Sui He as Dr. Stephen Strange

So I did my own research. In this photo, you can see the stern and commanding look Dr. Strange always wear on his face. The motion of the clothing gives the illusion of floating and me wearing a cape.

It's like I'm ready to do my trick!

https://m.imgur.com/a/mdI1j6H
1800 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1799 days 10 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neffs Comments:

Aquaria - Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff- I see where you were going with the all black and connecting sex appeal and femininity to the women that is Black Widow so I see where you went with this red hair would have made this picture even better!

Pietro - Iron Man/Tony Stark- Pietro you really impressed me this week in the challenge so much that you won with that win you had a major advantage of how this challenge went. Although I was expecting to see the superhero side of Tony. I really like the fact that you showed a side we normally don’t see iron man in and that is the softer side which is the dad side so this wasn’t bad at all.

Cody Ch. - Spider-Man/Peter Parker- I really like the fact that you attempted to show both sides of Spider-Man but to me this picture doesn’t scream either side to other then the red which is a little off maybe if he was on top of a building doing a stunt or even in red and blue suit but this just didn’t do it for me.

Chanel - Black Panther/T'Challa- A women portraying black panther is very interesting but I must say starting with your jacket your coat is pink and is lined with cheetah print same family but not the same animal. I remember a scene from the movie where the women had Afros so you get A for effort with that one but other then the hair I’m not seeing any type of correlation to black panther.

Yoon Young - Hawk Eye/Clint Barton- Another female with a male superhero. I see the whole family farm lifestyle but to me, this isn’t a strong photo and your facial expression is blank.

Valentina - Ant-Man/Scott Lang- I don’t like this photo at all in no way does it scream ant man to me. I know you tried to go after the whole silhouette but I don’t really see that either.

Shaun - Thor Odinson- As I read your explanation I was sold that this picture was Thor 1000% in my mind I saw so much but once I saw the picture it didn’t match the description at all. I didn’t see Thor anywhere in the photo.

Natasha - Scarlett Witch/Wanda Maximoff- Fashion-wise this was spot on and prop wise I can see the boat conveying Wanda’s personal side without the power and the cape. I think an explanation would’ve helped your photo a lot instead of me as a judge to distinguish what’s what in this photo.

Marina - Star-Lord/Peter Quill- I see the stars connection connecting to the whole star lord persona but that’s about it. Costume-wise it isn’t a connection and it looks a little like a paparazzi picture.

Bryce - Captain America/Steve Rogers- I like this picture a lot it is very different. I like that you showcased Captain America’s inner qualities in this photo. Would have I liked to see an outer quality? Yes, But I like that you did something very different in showing his inner attributes which is something many didn’t do and you detailed each way that you resemble Steve in this photo.

Victoria - Gamora- I don’t think this photo showcases Gamora. To this picture looks like it was taken on an iPhone in a hotel room. I think it was a nice try but I didn’t get any type of Gamora vibe from this photo.

Yaya - Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers- I’m 50/50 with this one because on one side I don’t immediately see Carols Captain Marvel and without the video, I wouldn’t have while on the other side the lunch box and the whole mid-air leap kinda correlates.

Sui - Doctor Stephen Strange- The expression was spot on which helped your photo a lot along with the dress flowing signifying a cape so overall this was a pretty solid photo.

Garrett’s Top 3:

Aquaria
Bryce
Pietro
1799 days 6 hours ago
carlyjordan14
Sorry for the delay! I’ll be posting my comments later today < 3
1798 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
Panel will be 10AM EST
1798 days 12 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::CARLY'S COMMENTS:::::

- Aquaria Palandrani (Ajathekween) - Black Widow
I like seeing your interpretation of her and how you convey this strong female presence. The styling is high fashion and the look you’re giving off camera is intense.

- Bryce Thompson (Wade) - Captain America
Honestly, I really love this shot. It’s simple, yet it very much conveys the character well. You did a good job making those connections.

- Chanel Iman (SeongWoo) - Black Panther
Not exactly what I had in mind for this character portrayal, but I do like the overall styling. It’s fierce and you come across strong.

- Cody Christian (MJFJUNE) - Spider-Man
Overall, this is a solid shot for this task. You exude the innocence of Peter, but also the maturity of Spider-Man.

- Jon Kortajarena (Russell11) - Hulk
- Marina Ruy Barbosa (Nat_31br) - Star Lord
This seems more like a candid shot than a professional one. I’m also not fully making the connection with the character.

- Natasha Poly (Delights) - Scarlett Witch
You gave no explanation, so I’m just basing this on my own impressions of her. I think you captured her strong sense of fashion at least.

- Pietro Boselli (Tommy123) - Iron Man
It’s a bit of a weak portrayal of Iron Man, but nevertheless it’s solid. The shot itself looks good and it’s nice seeing you, a muscular man, holding something so fragile, a baby.

- Shaun Ross (hazbez94) - Thor
I really love how you made this completely your own and made it make sense. Without your explanation I wouldn’t have made the connection.

- Sui He (haycsclair) - Dr. Strange
I really love the fieriness of this shot. The styling is great, the motion is great and the death glare you’re giving is on point.

- Valentina Sampaio (MISSimogen) - Ant-Man
Not sure how this fully fits the Ant-Man character. You look strong though, but other than that you didn’t give much more to go off of.

- Victoria Silvesdt (Gay_Horse_) - Gamora
This is a candid shot, not a professional one.

- Yaya DaCosta (Rubes) - Captain Marvel
I. LOVE. THIS! It’s high fashion, unique and totally makes the connection with the scene you mention. Nice work.

- Bae Yoon Young (KingGeek) - Hawkeye
I really like the uniqueness of the dress you are wearing and the overall styling. The scenery is nice as well, even though I don’t think it fully captures the character of Hawkeye.
1797 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Hi Guys, I'm sorry for the delay. I just started internship and it kept me for atleast 5 days every week. Please bare with me, I'll try my very best to give you still a great competition.
1797 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Aquaria (Black Widow) - You actually somehow captured the literal name of her, the Black Widow. The only thing missing here is the red hair, her iconic look. You captured really well an intimidating presence Natasha Romanoff had, and your posing is really spot on.

Pietro (Iron Man) - The quality of the shot is not at its very best but It's enough to be judged, maybe the lighting went off. You won the challenge, I was actually hoping you'd put it in your advantage which is good. Now, I was kinda expecting a different result, but I think this shot works of just fine.

Cody Ch. (Spider Man) - I am not actually sold with this shot. I think cropping the right side more would make this better. I am not really feeling the curiosity Peter had, his playfulness and youthfulness. This felt more manly and slick. The red suit is a plus, pretty much captured the costume.

Chanel (Black Panther) - Would have felt more intensity if you went with black suit. I agree with Judge Carly, it was not as I pictured it too. But you did wear the clothes, it did not wear you. You made the suit looks really expensive. I would have loved more depth with how you connect the shot.
1797 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Yoon Young (Hawkeye) - When Pietro did the distribution, I think you had the hardest to portray. I would have loved it if you take on the secret-y side of Clint. His mysterious side, which I think you would have pulled off easily. This shot, I think you could have done better. I am not feeling an inch of him.

Valentina (Ant Man) - You also had harder character, I think you did fine capturing his costume. Yet you did not go further than the costume, it's very shallow. You did not give us much, it felt really lacking. Your posing was also awkward, your face felt blank.

Shaun (Thor) - This is really smart. I like how you smartly uses the resources you have and use it in your full advantage. It's really hard finding pictures to connect with the theme, but remember that you should not just look for obvious photos, you need to think it smart. And Shaun, I think you did just that. Good Job!

Natasha (Scarlet Witch) - Explanation is highly necessary as stated in the shot. Yes you did capture the costume. Now what more? That's how important explanation is in some themes. You captured her fashion sense somehow, but just that.
1797 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Marina (Star Lord) - Well, you kinda look really uncomfortable in your shot. I don't know if you took on "Star" literally in the character and just find a picture of you with a stars in it. You could've gone at least 100 different ways with this and yet you chose something that looks paparazzi shot.

Bryce (Captain America) - This was actually great, I am actually seeing the take you did with Captain America even without reading your explanation. His bravery, courage and passion to serve the country - it felt like it with your shot. I like how you did not portray the obvious of him and smartly look beyond just his appearance.

Victoria (Gamora) - This is really bad tbh in terms of modeling photo. I don't really know what to say.

Yaya (Captain Marvel) - I am not really sold with this shot as well. It kinda felt weird and the elements within the shot felt really disconnected. I am not seeing Carol, maybe the video helped quite a bit though. Other than that, it's not what I was expecting.

Sui (Doctor Strange) - I'd deduct you some points for posting late. Now your shot, I think this looks really a high fashion take down of the character. This looks a pretty solid shot, the blue dress was stunning as well.
1797 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
With two judges absent for today's panel. The first judge will be by our guest judge this week.
1797 days 7 hours ago
haycsclair
Bad habits are hard to break. I remember I also got deductions during Week 1 and Week 3 back in Cycle 8.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!