This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM12 - Challenge & Photoshoot (8)

Topic » #NTM12 - Challenge &..

1884 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #8

"Continents"

Hello guys for this week's challenge, I will be your judge. Now, for your second challenge here in Santorini, I want you to think broadly, this week you will not just be representing one nation but rather a continent.

This week you'll each be picking a continent on a first come, first pick basis. What you will do is to present me a photo that defines that continent as a whole and not focus on just one country within that continent.

Explanation is highly necessary, again once the continent is picked, you cannot pick it again. 24 hours to do the challenge, Goodluck!
1884 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
CONTINENTS (will not be including Antarctica):

- Africa
- Asia
- Australia
- Europe
- North America
- South America
1884 days 21 hours ago
SharonMaItems
https://bit.ly/2DUsntC

Iveta Mukuchyan;

Hello judges! Today I have chosen the continent of AFRICA. This photo I can relate to being taken in a deserted-sort of area, like most of Africa. The photo shows the brown, sandy and rocky land forms possibly caused by desertification. It gives a great reminder of the hot weather in countries like Africa aswell, with lots of loose and more carefree clothing that can work well in the burning hot sun rays. Africa is one of my homes for many of my fans and I hope that we can celebrate that more by representing them.
1884 days 21 hours ago
Ajathekween
Naomi Smalls

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/14/b9/f2/14b9f2746fa6a7dcdfc6f961466fabb5.jpg?b=t

I decided to Focus on Europe. I wanted to enhance the Romance aspect of Europe. I decided to go red for the representation of love. Europe has the most Romance countries as in Spain, France, and Italy. I wanted to focus on intensity of love itself. #Love
1884 days 21 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

http://www.malemodelscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Garrett-Neff-Katama-SS17-02-620x414.jpg

So North America sports and the great outdoors are a big deal. The United States Fourth of July and Memorial Days are just one prime example. If you're in the United States you have one way or another came across a backyard barbecue game of Football on the Fourth of July, If you're in Mexico you more than likely came across Football (Soccer) in the backyard when in Canda you probably went outside and played lacrosse. The great outdoors in North America is huge and I feel I have illustrated that culture phenomenon with my photo.
1884 days 20 hours ago
SeongWoo
Kang Daniel | Asia | https://prnt.sc/mnfasz

For this challenge I am going in what I already have acquaintance and my nationality - Asia.

To be honest, many people think that there is only K-POP and J-POP in Asian countries, but what most people do not realize is the money circulating in that environment.
Countries like Thailand, Vietnam, China and many other Asian countries also have their own style of pop music, and often people from these countries move to Korea to try something in this career since it is the most lucrative.

Another thing that is shocking in Asian countries are the concern with beauty and in looking young, plastic surgeries are quite common and well-renowned around the world for the extreme quality.

For my photo, one hand holds a cone, which represents the expansion of the Asian sound that has been winning the world every day, and in another I pull my eye up to represent a surgery common in these countries that is to increase eyes, as everyone knows, Asians have "small" eyes and they do not consider something beautiful, since they are valued large, rounded eyes.

The style of clothing I am using is quite common for idols from countries like the Asians, as they are very distinctive pieces of each other creating a unique style.

And to finish my challenge, I would dedicate a song to everyone, we are all perfect and in constant evolution, like a caterpillar that turns butterfly.
1884 days 11 hours ago
ParvatiS
Adriana Lima | South America

For this challenge, I decided to represent South America which is where I'm from 馃嚙馃嚪.
Many people consider this place to be "exotic" and is home to many beautiful people in the world. In fact, many supermodels (including myself) come from Brasil such as Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio, Ana Beatriz Barros, Isabeli Fontana, Izabel Goulart, and so many more.
Anyways, onto the continent as a whole. Temperatures in this continent are often very warm, dry, and humid. South America is also known for being the home to many of the greatest waterfalls in the world which you can find here:
https://www.world-of-waterfalls.com/top-10-latin-america-waterfalls/
I decided to shoot this at an exotic location near a waterfall which is what South America is known for, while embracing the warm weather. Many places in South America are also extremely dry (with the driest place in the world being the Atacama Desert in Chile) so I made sure to shoot in a location where it appeared more on the dry side.

https://cristinahh.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/adriana-lima-vogue-brasil-2012-february-2-photoshoot.jpg
1884 days 3 hours ago
Survivorgame1
MADISON BEER ::: AUSTRALIA

Australia is a very wealthy country & an economic powerhouse. The defining factor of Australia is it's diversity, it's the ultimate melting pot! 26% of Australia's population is made up of immigrants who moved from different continents to Australia. My photoshoot is all about showing the contrast and diversity of the Australian population. The highest population of Immigrants to Australia is from England! This is signified by the old English Victorian-esque couch that I am posing on! The next highest population of immigrants is from Asian countries, more specifically mainland China & the Philippines. The high Asian population is represented by the gown I am wearing which resembles a Asian garment, maybe even a Kimono, it has a very bold floral pattern that is common in Asian countries.
Cities in Australia such as Sydney are uber wealthy and house some of the world's top earners. In contrast, some of the poorest people live in the Outback areas on Australia, some of these people dont even have running water! I think the decadent dress and couch I'm posing on represents the extreme wealth that Australia has but if you look closely, the background of my shoot is a dirty, ratty backdrop which represents the extreme poverty that also is in Australia.
Australia is a mix match of culture, wealth, and landscape and I feel like this photo truly captures this aspect.

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4909/45687249642_09532988e2_z.jpg
1883 days 20 hours ago
SeongWoo
CLOSED~
1882 days 7 hours ago
ParvatiS
SeongWoo 1 day 12 hours ago
CLOSED~
1882 days 5 hours ago
SeongWoo
This bcs i sent kidding bcs i posted when hitted more than 1 day
1880 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
Hi guys sorry for another delay, still adjusting with semester. Anyways I'm here with the results and afterwards the photoshoot.
1880 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Iveta (Africa) - This is actually stunning. I think you captured mostly Africa's perfect setting, your clothing is very close to what we can see some african may wear as well. Your lips may have been controlled better, even your eyes too, your body language flows and very much looking like you are dancing. Good job.

Naomi (Europe) - What a smart way to convey such message, I liked how you focused on an aspect - which is love. However I was not a big fan of your photo, you don't really stands out here might as well looking like a backdrop too. One good thing here was the rose, the single rose close to your mouth added sensuality in the shot.

Daniel (Asia) - I was actually somehow expecting you picking your motherland, I would've loved it if you pick other continents, anyways let's focus on your shot. I actually am digging this shot, I loved how you smartly and clearly explained details of your shot, just shows how dedicated you are as a contestant and definitely is not wanting to be cut this week.
1880 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
Adriana (South America) - Just like Daniel's, I expected you picking where you came from, it actually is smart. First of all, the setting is very stunning BUT you weren't overshadowed by' the beautiful location but rather you blended in really well and you utilizes the setting really well in the shoot. Congratulations!

Garrett (North America) - Somehow you captured one of the biggest North American's love - outdoors and sports. I am not a big fan of your shot however, I felt like there isn't really anything going on much. It felt very lazy for me and you haven't really thought of this shot much unlike your other shoots.

Madison (Australia) - I do very well think the most diverse continent is Australia, so for me it is the hardest one to portray, while I would have loved it if you focused more on Australia itself as a country, I think you did a good job on defending and clarifying your shot, your face looks really stunning as well.
1880 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
Let's now proceed with the results.
1880 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
The winner of this challenge is going to have an additional +2 points for his/her total score.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!