This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM12 - Challenge & Photoshoot (7)

Topic » #NTM12 - Challenge &..

1899 days 8 hours ago
SeongWoo
Kang Daniel | https://prnt.sc/mjw7b4

Looking for beautiful places to take my photo in Santorini, I noticed that white and blue are the predominant colors in this warm and sunny place.

For my photo this week I decided to use the softer theme as the breeze for my photo, I settled on top of a bar quite famous for my photo shoot and that was the result.

The blue sky, a refreshing drink and wide clothes.
1899 days 3 hours ago
Ajathekween
Naomi Smalls:

Santorini is one of the Cyclades islands in the Aegean Sea. It was devastated by a volcanic eruption in the 16th century BC, forever shaping its rugged landscape. The whitewashed, cubiform houses of its 2 principal towns, Fira and Oia, cling to cliffs above an underwater caldera (crater). They overlook the sea, small islands to the west and beaches made up of black, red and white lava pebbles.

For this photoshoot I wanted to focus on the beauty yet unique scenery that Santorini has to offer. While embracing the scenery yet still being high fashion #Santorini

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/564e2bc4e4b01cc50dbc9da9/5bb8b5f0f4e1fc90e5d9779d/5bb8b7d49140b7240e8836e3/1538834465254/RomanAlexander_2.jpg?format=750w
1899 days 1 hour ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Fira is the capital of Santorini. It can be found on the west coast of the island, on the caldera cliffs opposite the volcano. Modern day Fira is the cultural and commercial center of the Santorini. Although geared around the tourist industry, perhaps more so than other areas on the island, there is much about Fira worth taking a look at. Firostefani is an old village just north of Fira which has merged with Fira, becoming one of its suburbs. The name Firostefani means 'Crown of Fira' stefani = crown. Predominant characteristics are traditional houses, narrow paths and views to the volcano. So for this photo I want to focus on the Santorini houses crown like structures rather than focusing on the beach.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/63/fe/eb/63feebb24f4f41a89df7300734647775--summer-shots-indian-summer.jpg
1898 days 22 hours ago
Survivorgame1
MADISON BEER:

Today, since Santorini is known for it's natural beauty, thats what I wanted to give you guys today!

https://farm1.static.flickr.com/939/43742332342_5907676af9_z.jpg

This photoset pays homage to the simple white washed houses & buildings that occupy Fira & Oia. These white washed houses are famous, not because of their complex architecture but because of there simplistic beauty that adds to the natural beauty of Greece it's self. Plus, I wanted to change it up this week, I think you guys would expect me to pose in a bikini or play it safe but I do feel like this shot is a risk.
1898 days 16 hours ago
ParvatiS
Adriana Lima

Looking at the beautiful buildings of Santorini, I noticed that they are white, simple, and many of them had no doors and were instead, tall rectangular openings. I decided to incorporate that into my photoshoot today as I'm standing in one of these openings.

I also looked up what mediterranean fashion is like and most of it is very flowy, very beach-like, and often blue so that is exactly what I decided to wear. I also wore my hair tied up and curled to give it more of a greek vibe because the greek are often known for embracing their long curls.

https://imgur.com/a/fO5B6hE
1898 days 11 hours ago
SeongWoo
- CLOSED -

Judges are sleeping
1897 days 6 hours ago
wileycoyote
Paul: This photo is small and still contains a lot of dead space, dunno what exactly to say as it really does feel like a no

Iveta: theres a lot to unpack, yove a great explanation though id rather more specific language, your doing solidly but the posing feels awkward and you definetly met the theme but not massively

Kang: Its not a 10 as its rather bland but its also a very good example of your natural modelling ability and you hit the theme moderately

Naomi: The description got me exited but the actual picture was kinda disappointing, its just you sitting on a tree and while a decent photo doesnt really fit the theme, not your best at all

Garrett: much like paul its a small picture and a lot of dead space, your saving grace however may be your specificity in addressing the thene over him

Madison: idea was pretty smart, execution not so much, im not a fan of 2 seperate photos stuck together and neither is really very strong, weak expressions and nothing really engaging

Adriana: i really wanna like this cause if the theme but i really cant because theres just so much dead space, from what i can see your doing a good job but id hesitate to say it isnt overshadowed a little by the photos composition
1895 days 1 hour ago
haycsclair
COMMENTS:

ADRIANA LIMA - I actually like your description and that's what I see when I look at your photo. It does have the Santorini vibe. From the tall rectangular opening of the building, to your outfit, up to your hairstyle, it all gives off a Mediterranean vibe. I also like your facial expression and your pose. It's like you are giving us a tour of the place.

GARRETT NEFF - I'm glad that your description translated in your photo. The setting has the Santorini vibe. One of the things that bothers me is that you focused much on the traditional houses that it overshadowed you. At the end of the day, the model should be the focal subject in the photo. My other concern is the quality of the photo. It is very underwhelming.

IVETA MUKUCHYAN - After reading your explanation, I was actually expecting a spectacular pool setting. I got disappointed when I didn't see one. In terms of styling, it really does have a Meditteranean feel to it. But when I look at the whole shot, I can say that there's nothing extraordinary in this one. It captures the theme but a very safe shot for me.

KANG DANIEL - When I read your description, I can tell that you decided to take a different approach for this shoot. Styling wise it does have a Meditteranean feel, but it doesn't have the Santorini vibe. You look good in the photo by the way. I think this is one of the few shots that you actually look like a model and not a K-Pop artist.

MADISON BEER - The risk didn't pay off. There's no Santorini vibe at all. I don't like the fact that you submitted two shots put together to create one photo. It's a form of cheating to me, unless the theme is asking for a collage. You look dry and lifeless in both photos in a very bad way. I'm not a fan of the styling. Overall, this is a weak photo.

NAOMI SMALLS - Nice explanation but the photo has nothing special to offer. The black-and-white filter didn't help to enhance the photo for all it was worth. The styling is very out-of-place and the pose is borderline sexy which I think doesn't fit the theme this week. It doesn't have the Santorini vibe which we are looking for this week.

PAUL WESLEY - This photo has good and bad points. The background really gives off a Santorini vibe. The beach setting and your overall styling definitely fit the theme. The things that I don't like are the underwhelming quality of the shot and your unmodelesque pose. Once again, you need to study on how to improve your explanation.
1894 days 23 hours ago
Jerard
Panel tonight :)
1894 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Paul - I personally don't like the shot. It feels very facebook-y kind of shot, your face is probably not on it's best and it feels like you're just playing it all along. I really don't have anything else to say.

Iveta - Well, I think this photo is on it's very good quality, yes you did get 20% of the theme, but it really felt given picking the safe setting. I like how this photo is very commercial, you selling the jewelries, lipstick, eyeliner and mascara.

Daniel - I think this is one of your best shots yet, it wasn't loud speaking as other photos from the past, but you captured Santorini with that calmness and the blueness as well. It looks very feminine, somehow you captured the opposite gender, a plus. I think you did a great job. Congratulations!
1894 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Naomi - I actually think this was a great shot as well. It felt very different from your extravagant shots, this one feels more natural. And by the looks of it, you studied carefully the culture and somehow you smartly did a good job in showcasing the beauty of Santorini. So, I must say Congratulations to you too as well.

Garrett - You as well studied what you are getting in to, so job well done. Somehow though, I wished you could've given us a quality shot, because this definitely has a poor quality and it's very hard to judge. This would've worked - https://static1.squarespace.com/static/539a14bfe4b0bcfc5d032566/55777bebe4b08f2cf7eba110/55777c4ee4b0f3b4badfee8f/1433893969282/Card+15_+107_V1.jpg?format=750w though. So you should consider passing a photo in good quality next time, because it's actually a great shot.

Madison - What you did is smart, your explanation is - but it doesn't deliver in your shot. Considering it's a collage, it's already a risk because one may be a good shot one may be bad. In your case, I can't say that a shot stands out, because in reality it was just a plain shot, nothing screaming Top model. It was for me just a safe shot that works.

Adriana - This shot is actually good, satisfying no doubt. I agree with what Judge Marlon quite said. For me it somehow was a good-bad shot, good because it fits the theme, it did have a lot of empty space.
1894 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1894 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1894 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Hello guys, this was for sure a great and stressful week. So again, thank you for fighting for your spots.
1894 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
However, there wasn't a specific standout this week, all shots feels pretty weak for me. I did adjust on all your scores. 4 of you tied in my scores this week.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!