This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM12 - Challenge & Photoshoot (5)

Topic » #NTM12 - Challenge &..

1919 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #5

“On the Contrary”

Congratulations everyone, you have outlasted the half of the cast. Now let’s do something different today. As for this week’s challenge, you will be in pairs. Judge Sui will be the one judging your shots today she also have done your pairings.

For today’s challenge, you will be working on the contrary; Judge Sui wants you to turn your assigned partner's weakness in modeling aspect to your own strength in photos. Explanation is heavily needed in your shots.

24 hours to do the shoot, failure to submit on time will cost you 2 points deduction. Goodluck!
1919 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Here are the assigned pairings:

Iveta - Daniel
Garrett - Alice
Adriana - Naomi
Madison - Paul
1919 days 15 hours ago
Ajathekween
Naomi Smalls: Adrianna’s Weakness

Adrianna’s main weakness is her not going the extra mile. I read the critiques from past photoshoots and until last week she was always ordinary. You need to have creativity while taking a good photo on this competition. Besides that, Adrianna is a beautiful model.

Photo: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/76/25/fd/7625fd165e53add08537299af373e435--femboi-rupaul-drag.jpg

I am being original and doing a photo out of drag and in drag. This shows that you can be creative with both men and women.
1919 days 7 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff: Alice’s Weakness//

Alice's major weakness is that she sometimes goes over the top. Sometimes going over the top isn’t necessary. One thing that Alice struggles with is she uses exotic backgrounds or over the top clothing and accessories which sometimes distract people from the true focus of the photo. Don’t get me wrong going over the top is good but you have to know when it’s appropriate while also hitting the mark on what’s being asked of you. So this week I decided to keep it simple and not doing too much with clothing, and scenery and letting the photo speak for itself.

https://jeremydante.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/41.jpg?w=500
1919 days 3 hours ago
SharonMaItems
Iveta Mukuchyan:

Kang's Weaknesses.

I noticed that a common theme that you judges believe Kang is doing is that he isn't going out of his comfort zone. Personally, I like his take on staying in his comfort zone sometimes but sometimes, you really do need to go out of your comfort zone to do well. Another common theme is that he is falling into the background and personally, I believe that. Once his high was over, he sort of fell back a bit and needs to work on bringing up more energy into each photo.
My photo tries to show myself standing out from the rest of the photo with a different color and posture yet not pushing myself over the top that I don't need to. Kang needs to work on these weaknesses and he could potentially be a front runner in this competition.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoAClOaWkAAwQFJ.jpg
1919 days 1 hour ago
Survivorgame1
♡MADISON BEER♡

Now this week is going to be really hit or miss for me (as always lol), because I may be interpreting this challenge the wrong way. But you said "Judge Sui wants you to turn your assigned partner's weakness in modeling aspect to your own strength in photos"

Everyone before me is correcting what their partner's weakness is but how I interpreted and will be doing it this week is playing off my partner's weakness, incorporating it into my picture, & using it to my advantage to get a good shot.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/madisonbeer/images/0/0b/5-26-15-Glenn-Nutley-shoot-1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150729193928

Now I had Paul.

Week after week Paul is criticized for his lack luster pictures. Some weeks they aren't bad, they just aren't good. As Jerard said last week, they "lack star factor".

Paul's photos have been described as; Weak, generic, bland, & boring on multiple occasions.

So this week, i present to you a very bland photo. This is not the over the top & creative Madison you are used to seeing. I don't have crazy makeup on, there is no crazy setting, and im dressed all in one very bland beige.

But bland doesn't mean bad...

The word I first associated with this "bland" picture is elegance. The simplicity of this shot conveys sophistication & in my opinion, top model material. Over the top photoshoots can either turn out stunning or sometimes they can turn out very campy. This simple photo is just me. It focuses on my natural beauty. OTT photoshoots can take away from this and solely focus on styling & clothing, which is fine in some cases, but for this competition I want you to focus on just me, and the simple blandness achieves this I believe.
1919 days ago
SeongWoo
Daniel | Iveta's Weaknesses | https://prnt.sc/m8p8lg

Reviewing the photos of Disha in which she was at the top, I could see the lack of clarity and naturalness. The always heavy makeup, a poorly lit environment and a certain discomfort with the cameras.

I think to represent Iveta's weakness, I should focus on softness and clarity, in a cleaner image of myself and thus try to shine only naturally.
1918 days 22 hours ago
ParvatiS
Adriana Lima | Naomi Smalls' Weaknesses

Naomi Smalls is a great model however, her greatest weakness according to the judges' critiques are the overall composition of the photo and sometimes the styling is a little too much. You may argue, it may not always be the model's choice in what they get to wear in their photoshoots which is completely true but if you're a model it is important to be able to pull off any outfit and still make it work. A good model can also make any photo work no matter how bad the lighting or the overall editing is.

Here are some past critiques that I decided to quote to use as sources:

"The headwear though is a bit distracting"

"the text is quite distracting"

"theres sone problems like oversaturated lighting and a bit to much negative space"

"Not a fan of the fishnet..." "...The only think I don’t really like is the lighting as it is too bright on you and distorts the image."

"I’m not a big fan of the dress. This looks more like a Lady Gaga body double audition than really embracing the theme."
(on a side note, that moment when Naomi has done more Lady Gaga than Lady Gaga/@Marge_Simpson has done all competition lmao ok im done with the jokes, back to seriousness)

"The overall editing is a bit much. I agree with Judge Carly that the lighting distorts the image."

"Not a fan of the bright hair color"

--

For this challenge, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and and go BOLD by sporting some seriously questionable patterns and backgrounds, unusual saturated lighting, and still making it work. No hate on Naomi, she's a really good model, very versatile and brings diversity :)

https://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Adriana-Lima-photo-14-06.jpg
1918 days 22 hours ago
Tommy123
Paul Wesley: Madison Weakness

I know that might sound stupid but I feel that Madison's Weakness is that she is not being sophisticated like she only wants to be hot and sexy but being a good model, you also need to be sophisticated

https://paulwesleynetworkblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/6e9b58d2-m.jpg
1918 days 8 hours ago
hazbez94
Alice Burdeu: Garret's Weakness

Across this competition Garret has been very editorial and high fashion, throughout the challenges he has expressed in his images that he has a capability of producing high production and editorial photography, however he has not yet shown a bright and stellar picture which fits with a commercial advertising campaign, alongside this Garret uses mainly B&W imagery so I am giving you a brightly lit and colored photograph to oppose his common use of darker colors. In order to be a good model you must understand the importance of variety and it is because of this I am showing Alice in a more commercial way yet still fitting with her brand.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/3c/ad/b43cad72d5ed3e423888a3d60b553d32.jpg
1918 days 4 hours ago
haycsclair
XXCLOSEDXX
1918 days 1 hour ago
haycsclair
COMMENTS:

Okay. First of all, I want to say how disappointed I am right now. I always read first your description before looking at your photo. Six of you had misunderstood what the challenge is all about. You were supposed to turn your assigned pair's weakness in modeling aspect to your own strength in photos, not to correct their weakness. In a way, you would be able to help your co-models out.

Naomi, if you think Adriana's weakness is her "ordinariness", you should have shown a photo where you look ordinary but still a standout.

Garrett, you showed a simple photo as opposed to what you think is Alice's weakness.

Iveta, you also posted a photo that is not related to what you think of Daniel's weakness. You said he's not going out of his comfort zone. Then you should have posted a safe photo that you would still look great.

Daniel, you mentioned the lack of clarity in Iveta's photos. But you posted a photo which focuses on clarity, which is a total opposite to what you think of Iveta's weakness.

Paul, you mentioned that Madison is not being sophisticated in her photos. Then you should have turned unsophistication to your own strength rather than posting a photo where you look so classy.

Alice, if you think Garrett's weakness in photos is the lack of bright colors, then you should have chosen a photo with dark colors but you would still look amazing. I also want to take note that I'm not happy that you submitted late again.

Not comprehending what the theme or challenge is asking of you is one of the common mistakes of the models in this competition. You should understand that there is a theme for a reason. You should post a photo that fits the theme if you don't want your time to be wasted.

I'm giving the six of you a very low score due to this negligence. There's no way for me to judge your photos if you hadn't understand the challenge in the first place.

Now we move on to the two models who have correctly done this week's challenge.

Madison, I think you did a great job on turning Paul's weakness to your own strength. You focused on his "lack of star factor" and "blandness". That's what I'm seeing in this photo. The photo is bland, but not you. This is the first time I see you not wearing a heavy make up and I think it works for you. The overall styling is great. My only concern is the pose. It doesn't look modelesque.

Adriana, everything you have said about Naomi's weakness is on point. You focused on his over-the-top styling and overall composition of his photos. That's what I'm seeing in your photo. You did a spectacular job on making yourself the star of the photo despite of the unusual saturated lighting, heavy background, and OTT styling. It doesn't distract from the true star of the photo and that is you.

Thank you, Madison and Adriana.

That's all for now. Judge Jerard will be the one who will announce your scores.
1918 days ago
SeongWoo
Unfortunally i'm not north american and i use the translator, when I translate the sentences, not everything is very clear and unfortunately this gives me a certain disadvantage.
I'm sorry for my mistake.
1917 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1917 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
Now it's time to reveal the results.
1917 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
Judge Sui already sent me the scores.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!