This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM10 - Semi-Finals

Topic » #NTM10 - Semi-Finals

2180 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
Hello models! To determine who deserves to be in the Semi-Finals of the Next top Model 10: The Apprentice,it's time to take on four photoshoot today. Let's get to it!
2180 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
TASKS:

Part 1 - "Brands"

For the first part of today's shoot it is about YOUR brand, this week we gathered information about you, through the judges and your co-models. Each of them gives you definition, what they think about you, how they portray your photos and etc.

What I want you to do is to embrace that brand given to you and present me a photo that best describe the brand. Explanation would be highly needed, so I expect to see it. Below will be your brands.

BRANDS:

Arthur - Adroit
You were described as someone who is very skillful, knowledgeable, professional or simply someone who is experienced in this scene of fashion world. You were also seen as a very sophisticated model.

Augusta - Foxy
Although an adjective for a woman, this is just the word that defines you. Resembling or likened to the characteristics of a fox, you are seen not just attractive, you were seen as a very cunning, fierce and daring competitor.

Don - Tyro
You were the comeback for a reason, you were misunderstood. You then were seen as someone new to the scene, a beginner but also may be the dark horse of the competition - simply the underdog.

Kit - Voguish
You are a competitor. You were seen as someone really modern and really "in" into this fashion world. You were described as a very fashionable, preppy man. You are the "fresh" face of the modeling scene.
2180 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
Part 2 - "Mix it Up"

For the second part of the shoot, this time it isn’t yourself to portray, but rather your fellow competitors. Yes, so basically you will each have to post 3 photos, each corresponds to your competitors. Now here’s the thing, we are NOT to limit you in sticking with their given brands, you can portray them in your own ways. Here’s the format of how you’ll submit the photoshoots.

Arthur shoot:
Augusta shoot:
Don shoot:
Kit shoot:

You have 48 hours to complete the tasks, explanation for your four photos is HIGHLY necessary. Goodluck!
2179 days 21 hours ago
waf_
Kit

Part 1: Brands.

VOGUISH -- [https://www.thefashionisto.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Fashionisto-Exclusive-Kit-Butler-004.jpg ] (right)

I have chosen this photograph because I believe that it truly represents and represents my brand. It is a photograph that I consider modern, where I wear clothes that are youthful but could also be classified as adults. I like my facial expression and I think it conveys serenity that is convenient for a brand to be successful.

Part 2: "Mix it up".

Arthur shoot -- [https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/76/21/bc7621d7351405b5167c236e3a0ed135--style-men-louis-vuitton.jpg ]

I have decided to choose this photograph because in it I wanted to represent the poses and figures that I always do or recreate in their photographs. Normally Arthur usually represents poses that show his whole body, preferably.

Augusta shoot -- [https://i.pinimg.com/originals/94/6e/92/946e92273d320d0d2d576f7360b07eb1.jpg ]

It is quite difficult to represent a portrait of Augusta, because the truth is that usually they are usually very good and quite deep. So, in an attempt to capture its essence and try to represent its photos, I have decided to choose this photograph. In it I have a main plane of my face, which is usually also the plans that Augusta makes. My position and my facial expression, together with my baby-face, are very similar to what Augusta usually represents. I also have to look at the clothes I use, simple clothes with a very simple cut.

Don shoot -- [https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQeaZ_iUMAACmRl.jpg ]

In this image I wanted to represent Don. I think it is quite close and similar because I look a lot more adult, where you can see that I appear with a beard and a more casual look. I also wear a much more stylized clothes as street, urban...
2179 days 20 hours ago
Brandonh1
Arthur Kulkov:

Part 1 Brand:

Adroit - - - - - - - - https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2NggaZp501Bd4uH-A5VZJSztw2TeJyFLg8k5jXUE_q3cTs9l9

Arthur is described as someone who is knowledgeable and sophisticated model. I feel Arthur is displaying both his sophistication and professionalism in this photo.

Part 2:

Augusta: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/fc/53/c4fc538d7764d447a22e9ba8c7cc7566.jpg

Looking back at all of Augusta’s shoots  they often were black and white or had a very strong body and/ or facial expression. I have decided to exhibit all of those qualities in this photo with Arthur.

Don: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/6e/89/d2/6e89d281de2031422258cd994810ea5a.jpg

In this image Arthur is showcasing Don, I feel he isn’t really a high fashion model or suit and tie type of model he’s more casual and relaxed in his photos and in the way he dresses.

Kit: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoKv320aXbhhy73qei8-3F5sItrVY7vi0OeBUrx9wUnGGl48tm

Kit described as a very modern yet preppy model. I feel this photo represents Kit because it is very fashionable for both adults and kids as well.
2179 days 16 hours ago
IceBear
Part 1 Brand:

Tyro: https://78.media.tumblr.com/7f360b2d7f35c346923cffd7e401364d/tumblr_nzvnse1Yys1ua7vdwo9_500.jpg

I am embracing the underdog for my brand. My pose and look are bold to show determination of never giving up the uphill battle. Tye-dye was a symbol for protesting back in the 80s and I'm bringing it back for my own cause.

Part 2:

Arthur: http://www.dmfashionbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/donbenjaman4.png

For Arthur, he represents high class in every photo. He tends to wear formal suits in unique backgrounds to pull his looks together.

Augusta: https://78.media.tumblr.com/628109d3d93c07ceadd3ac212d920335/tumblr_nzvplgKGT81ua7vdwo3_500.jpg

Augusta's photo are always very passionate. His black and white style help accentuate a raw
pose. Posing shirtless shows off his athletic body.

Kit: https://78.media.tumblr.com/d442ae6638783daa1a261f19efb128a5/tumblr_o0uy49TnBu1ua7vdwo1_1280.jpg

Kit has to special ability to tell stories through his photos. His facial expressions are just the right amount of intensity to portray a wide range of emotions. My favorite photos of his memorable are when he works his angles by not looking directly in the camera.
2178 days 16 hours ago
bambinoswag
Part One [Augusta Alexander Brand] ~ Foxy

Augusta's Foxy Photoshoot -- https://prnt.sc/jfhrfv
* I'm honored to be described as a foxy competitor. I love to show a little skin and be sexy, but I also have strong intellect beneath the exterior. I'm always passionate about my brand and connecting with audiences across the world. I'm not afraid to submit "outside of the box" photoshoots and I'm a natural risk taker. Hopefully, it pays off this week!

Part Two [Mix It Up]

Arthur Photoshoot -- https://prnt.sc/jfhrkf
* When I think of Arthur, I think of formalwear. He also submits a lot of photos with strong, direct eye contact towards the camera. Here, I'm wearing a fitted black on black suit that stays true to my style, but is something that I think Arthur would wear. I also tried to mimic a common pose that I've seen Arthur do in past weeks.

Don Photoshoot -- https://imgur.com/a/uHi8p7l
* When I think of Don, I think of an urban, unpolished (but in a good way) look. His clothing choice often seems 90s Hip Hop inspired and/or rugged. In this photoshoot, I'm wearing clothing that I wouldn't typically wear... it's pretty tattered but is very trendy and urban.

Kit Photoshoot -- https://prnt.sc/jfhr9b
*When I think of Kit, I think of a fresh, young look. He often submits photoshoots that contain minimalistic elements, which I tried to portray here through a monochromatic striped shirt and matching pants. I also harnessed his typically preppy style here.
2178 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2178 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
Now here's how the judging is going to work. Each round you will have two judge who is going to judge you with a specific task and that score would then be averaged and will serve as your score for that round.

Judge for Each Tasks:
Brands - Jerard, Carly, Lucky
Arthur shoot - Jerard, Lucky
Augusta shoot - Jerard, Saskia
Don shoot - Carly, Saskia
Kit shoot - Lucky, Saskia
2177 days 10 hours ago
carlyjordan14
BRANDS:

Arthur - Adroit
I don’t like that the image is very small, but the shot itself is very much on point with the theme. You look sophisticated and wise. Someone who is determined and takes pride in his styling.

Augusta - Foxy
The eyes again are what draw me in and easily puts the fox in foxy. I love the overall look and how you use your sex appeal and pouty face to convey the theme.

Don - Tyro
I like that you are showing off your unique sense of style and how completely different you are from the other competitors. You take risks and stand tall while also drawing me in with your glare.

Kit - Voguish
While the styling is bland, I do think you captured the word you were assigned well. When I see this I think of your brand and how its stylish while also not overpowering.

DON PHOTOSHOOT:

Arthur -
This is definitely a style that I would see Don wearing for a photoshoot. While I would have liked this to be a bit more dynamic, I think you captured his overall cool, calm and collected personality.

Augusta -
A style that I can for sure see Don wearing and I think you executed it great. This doesn’t look like a basic photoshoot to headshot, but rather one that feels candid.

Kit -
I can see where you made the connection with Don’s brand and I like it. The hoodie and overall gritty feel to this is what makes up Don’s styling.
2175 days 22 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
CRITIQUES ~

AUGUSTA SHOOT ---

KIT ~ I think the vibe of the shot definitely gives Augusta vibes. I love the photograph as a whole, and I love how you are looking away from the camera, however, I would've loved more intensity. Augusta is known for fierce, strong, and bold photos, especially in his bone structure and I just do not see that here.

ARTHUR ~ I think this is a very strong photo. It is very sexy and kinky but also gives an Augusta vibe through your body language and mannerisms. The facial expression doesn't quite read Augusta in my opinion, however, I think this is a solid shot for the theme. Good work.

DON ~  I think out of the three, you mastered Augusta the best. This photo is different and it shows emotion. One thing that Augusta's nails are his facial expressions, and how he can go from being fierce in one picture, but passionate and emotional in another, and I feel like this picture reads so much passion. The tattoos give this photo an artsy vibe that goes well with the black and white filter. Well done.

DON  SHOOT ---

KIT ~ I think this shot is a miss for me. One of Don's most noticeable features is his eyes and his ability to draw you in, however, I am not getting that from this picture. You brought up urban in your description, but I do not see it in this photo. I would've loved for this to be a full body picture, showing how bold and urbanized Don can be.

ARTHUR ~ I don't know what to feel about this shot. On one hand, I can see how Don can be portrayed in this picture, but on the other hand, I see a complete miss. I think the styling of this shot is a bit weird, and I do not think Don would wear any of these clothes. As far as the modeling goes, I am a bit bored. I mean this is the semi-finals and I want an extraordinary picture, but this is just basic.

AUGUSTA ~ I love this shot. This is how one emulates urban and edgy. This is definitely something Don would wear. It is more of a streetwear look which is perfect. You are modeling this denim outfit perfectly and I love how you are looking away giving a different profile. Job well done!

KIT SHOOT ~

ARTHUR ~ This is disappointing. You've come so far in the competition and you submit such a small picture? From the looks of it, I could see Kit wear this. It is indeed preppy, however, I can barely see anything and the photograph as a whole is a bit weird for me to judge.

DON ~ I actually really like this picture. I think something about this picture is quirky and fun which I think Kit represented in this competition. There is a youthfulness in this picture that definitely represents Kit in a good way. As far as the styling, I would've picked something more posh or clean instead of the denim. However, this is a great shot.

AUGUSTA ~ I love this shot. This is something new from you Augusta, which is definitely representative of Kit. This photo is fresh, colorful, and youthful which I love. I love the elongated post in this picture. You definitely nailed Kit in this picture.
2175 days 15 hours ago
Neme91
BRANDS:

Arthur - Adroit
I agree that the photo is a tad bit too small BUT you definitely matched the theme here. I do feel when I look at your brand that this fits you well, someone who knows exactly how to deliver and you delivered.

Augusta - Foxy
Oh this brand definitely suits you to the tee. You are one if not the best models I've seen with the EYES TO SMIZE. You just give off ferocity with the first glance at this photo that's something to be proud of.

Don - Tyro
The first time around when you were in this competition, you chose safe photos that kept you invisible from the rest but visible enough to make it through. I personally am not a fan of this because I feel as if this is just another photo I would see from you earlier in this competition. The only thing that works in this shot is the glare.

Kit - Voguish
Honestly I love you Kit because you have good days, you have bad days. Some days you show up as a model and some days you don't. With this photo you provide the explanation that you are a model that doesn't have to put maximum effort. You just have to be there, yourself, a camera, and a really tight sweater and you pull off a beautiful photo.
2175 days 15 hours ago
Neme91
ARTHUR SHOOT:

KIT - I definitely see where you're coming from with the Arthur approach. Arthur definitely likes to give us full body and deliver in a styling matter. I think here with this photo while bland it does capture the essence that we are looking for when asked to channel the inner Arthur so well done.

AUGUSTA - I like that you stayed true to your style while giving us what was asked in bringing Arthur to life through you. I admire when a model can see the flaws of another as well as the pros and uniqueness of said person that separates the model from one another. You definitely saw Arthur and brought it to the table. The photo itself is bland and maybe more could have brought via face or something but I do like it.

DON - There are many reasons as to why this particular photo speaks to me the loudest out of the 3 representations of Arthur. Arthur does keep it formal so you brought formal but you kept it in the style of DON that also embraced the style of ARTHUR and you gave me something that wasn't bland but exciting. Another is that you gave full body which is another Arthur thing he does and not only that but you gave full body with a perfect glare, a perfect facial structure that again draws me in. I can't look away from this photo. Well Done!
2175 days 14 hours ago
Neme91
KIT SHOOT:

ARTHUR - The photo again is a small one which yes  I know shouldn't matter but it matters. All in all I personally don't get the entirety vibe of Kit other than he may wear something like this. Not the best photo for sure.

AUGUSTA - YOU JUST FUCKING EMPOWERED KIT IN THIS SHOT. Damn Augusta I haven't seen much color from you in this competition before. It looks nice on you and this is just so much of a shot that Kit himself would deliver.

DON - Honestly I will take this, I like this photo because it delivers something new that I like to see. When trying to compare it to the likes of channeling the inner Kit I'm not 100% there on that so to speak but the photo itself isn't bad.
2175 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
BRANDS:

Kit - WOW! What I liked about you is that you are a model who doesn't do "extra" and still delivers. You don't need over the top shot to do great. In this photo, you kinda reminded me of how Saskia would do. You look feminine, you look stylish, you look modernized - and here you are embracing your word - voguish.

Arthur - I would have loved it if you could've find a larger photo (for example this: http://www.thefashionisto.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Reserved-2016-Fall-Winter-Campaign-008.jpg ) it's larger and I assure you it would've gotten better score from our judges. Now, this was quite an impressive shot. It was on point for your shot, you look very professional here.

Don - This shot for me is pretty average, I have to agree with Judge Lucky here it feels like you posted a photo which is first week worthy shot. It doesn't really worked for me as well with your brand. What I do like about this shot is the intensity you are giving the camera your pose is kinda not working as well.

Augusta - Foxy! This is how you embrace your brand. With just a head shot, foxy would work already and here you are with half your body and it goes well perfectly. You really delivered in this shot, this easily is one of your best shots to date. One thing's for sure, it is also one of the best shot this season.
2175 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
ARTHUR SHOOT:

Kit - Well this shot is great. I see where you are going on taking an Arthur inspired photoshoot. One thing evident in this shot is how you managed to fulfill one of Arthur's characteristic, which is being classy and bringing elegance in his shot. Face wise, it is more of your quality as a model though.

Augusta - While your brand shot excelled, I think this one fall behind. I am not liking this shot, it feels not like what you will deliver. Anyways, you did bring the formal wear which is one thing Arthur is known of. Anyways, you could've bring in the sweet tone of Arthur and you would've convinced me more.

Don - You captured Arthur body wise the most. Though, I am not liking your face as well, though no one of you did captured him really well on face wise. Upper half of your body, you did great but bottom half feels lacking for me. The setting is pretty great though.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!