This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S1]: Iceland - A Viking Saga | Final Tribal Council

Topic » [S1]: Iceland - A Viking Saga..

2235 days 3 hours ago
donosaurus_rex
Come on in Final Two!

- Brandan [Maladus1]
- News [OldNewz]

Each of you may begin to plead your case. I will open up the floor for jury questioning at 9:00 PM EST. You have until then to prepare your opening statements, or anything you wish to prepare. You may ask me any questions fluttering around in your heads.

Jurors!
- Tashi [tashi]
- Stoner [Gaiaphagee]
- Kolby [ThePug]
- Ny [NoBow]
- Mariela [Marielam20]
- Tyler [VanHow10]
- Hufus [Hufus]

You may begin to ask questions at 9:00 PM EST! You have 23 and 1/4 hours to vote, or more precisely, you have until 8:15 PM tomorrow to submit your votes.

The reunion will be held tomorrow, LIVE, at 8:30 PM EST. A big thank you to everyone who participated and also to everyone who watched! It has been a great deal of fun getting back into the swing of hosting, and I appreciate everyone not jumping ship immediately after that horrendous opening immunity challenge. Didn't we all forget about that?
2235 days 2 hours ago
Maladus1
Hello Jury! I apologize beforehand if this speech isn’t like one of those “OMG YAS FLAWLESS” moments, I haven’t reached a final tribal council on tengaged in like… what 3 years? So I might be really rusty on this. I’m not going to give you just a blurb of text on my game with extreme specifics about each round, because as a jury member I have seen those, and they usually bore me to the point of no return. So I’m just going to talk about my overall game

I don’t think anyone can deny that I was probably a huge central character this season. Originally I wanted to play an UTR game, like I usually do when I play Survivor. That idea shattered, along with my sanity, the second I got my hands on that runestone, and I kid you not, DAY 1 of this game. This runestone ultimately forced me to adopt a more aggressive game style during the merge, becoming vocal and bringing myself into the spotlight. This lead to multiple moves on my part, like Stoner’s Blindside and Kolby’s Downfall, which allowed me to take control of the Hola Hola alliance and bulldoze my way to the end. These moves would have pinned me as a target to many people, and I’m certain it did. However I was able to escape this entire game with only one vote cast against me during a night where I was 100% safe. This happened despite me being vulnerable not only at the Final 10, but the Final 4, Final 6, and ESPECIALLY the Final 7.

I’m no strategic mastermind, nor am I a social god or an immunity beast. I’m just a person, and people are naturally flawed. However, I think I played the best game I could in order to reach the end. I may not have played the best game in Iceland, but I definitely played the RIGHT game to reach the end. Compared to Newz, I do believe I played the better game.

Good Luck Newz <3
2235 days 2 hours ago
OldNewz
Holy cow!

After 31 actual days, I honestly can’t believe I’m sitting here! This game was long, grueling, intense, and god knows how many other adjectives. We all came here in with one mission, to win and I’m hoping that after tonight I’ll make a good case to earn your vote. So let’s kick things off...

Premerge was ages ago and for me, it really was smooth sailing. My tribe kept killing it at the challenges and the only thing I needed to do was talk to other players and build game lasting bonds. I always tried my best in challenges (if you think I’m lying check out the flag comp haha) and really that was all I needed to do.

Merge is where things got really messy! I found myself in a position where I had to deal with pregame drama and round after round, I was lied to by allies. When it comes to pregame drama, I’m very happy to say that I squashed my pregame beef with Chris/Stoner and now I consider us to be good friends again which I really didn’t expect to say coming into this game! On the other hand, I really had a tough time with allies lying to me but even in those low moments, I never gave up and just continued to work my social game!

Speaking of my social game, I really believe it was my strongest asset this season. Even when I was backstabbed or lied to, I never lashed out. I had faith in my people skills and it showed to be strong when I won titles such as “Who has the biggest heart” or “Who is the funniest” in the tribe dynamics challenge. Not only that, I never had to rely on using a runestone on myself, but rather using social game to build bonds with others so that they were comfortable using their stones on ME. Furthermore, even when playing a UTR game, I never stopped talking to people and making it to the end with no enemies on the jury is something I’m very proud of :D

Overall, I really enjoyed playing this game with you all and I hope you respect my game! From the first vote to the last, you guys made this season awesome and I’ll never forget what happened this past month <3

Best of luck Brandan!
2235 days 2 hours ago
ThePug
Hello, final two. Right now, I'm open to voting either of you. I'm displeased with the fact that the actual winner was voted out 3rd, and I'm left with you two under circumstance.

Before I get into it, I'd just like to tell you guys how I intend to vote. I played a selfish game, I didn't really give two damns how it affected others in the game. I'm going with the same philosophy here: I'm not voting whether one of you played the better game or any standards like that. I'll be voting whoever's win will let me reap more benefits.

------

Brandon- You were voted at the "Touchy Subjects" competition most likely to be running the game. The challenge also had me placed as having the biggest heart and the one to leave it at home. It was subjective and no where near the truth.

The whole game, you were just the loudest and obnoxious. Everyone saw you as the bumbling idiot stumbling around thinking they held all the power. "I GOT A RUNE YADYAYAYA". Always coming up with some of the most idiotic strategies that didn't even serve yourself: But hey, I guess it got you here? You flashed the rune around waving it over and over again. That's why you're here. You heavily relied on the rune to get you anywhere. The two people that actually played the best games are sitting 4th & 3rd. Each conversation with you, was extremely grating, multiple people I spoke to in the game all came to this consensus we wanted to gauge our ears and eyes out. If making us Helen Keller was your strategy in the game, props to you.

------

Newz- I'm very glad we got the opportunity to play in a game together! I have nothing but good things to say to you personally, you're an awesome guy and I'd love to play in your series in the future. From a game stand-point I didn't see much. You were completely out of the loop for most things, but I assume that it can be said you were hosting for the majority of the game so at times you were busy which I can understand. But, you had a top notch social game and were really no ones target. A huge component was lacked on the strategic playing field though.

----

Alright, I've ranted. I've let out my anger, rage and bitterness and my casual hate for Brandon. Now, lets get onto my questions. Or should I say some are tasks?

1) Do not question this until my next comment. I want both of you to mail me a question you'd like to be asked this Final Tribal Council and explain your reasoning. IN MAILS.

2) Like I said, I have zero problems with being selfish in this game. Why should I vote based on gameplay? I want you to explain why I should vote you, but do it from the perspective of how I'd benefit the most? Think out of the box. What could enhance my game if (name) won the season? What else would sway me to vote you?
2235 days 2 hours ago
OldNewz
@Kolby

Hey man It was awesome playing this game with you to especially since our last game was the mess Suitman's Indoenisa haha

Just a quick question, for #2, would you want that answer in mails as well?
2235 days 2 hours ago
ThePug
@Newz
-
No! Number two can be said here :)
2235 days 2 hours ago
OldNewz
Sweet thank you for the clarification!
2235 days 2 hours ago
ThePug
Alright. One final blindside, I asked each of you to mail me a question to ask you and explain the reasoning - I'm going to flip it around and ask the other player the question you wanted me to ask you. That last sentence was a whole lot of mumbo jumbo.

Brandon,
Q: How do you think Runestones affected your game and what strategy did you use specifically for Runestones?

Newz,
Q: What would you do differently in order to improve your social game?

These were the two questions I were mailed. Answer them how you see fit!
2235 days 1 hour ago
OldNewz
@Kolby
For your second question, I'll give you two reasons why you would benefit from voting me

Reason #1 - For your series:
I'm planning on not hosting and taking a break after SC and looking at your current season, it's almost over. Now, you and I both know how difficult it can be at times to get applications especially now that a lot of series will be taking apps.
If you end up being a lovely gent and vote for me to win, I will apply for your upcoming season 100% and if you are cool with it (not sure if you like premades or not) I will also get a buddy to apply! That's two applications guaranteed right there <3

Reason #2 - For your sanity:
Through your speech, it is very obvious that you do not like Brandan so, how annoying would it be to see "S1: Iceland - A Viking Saga | Brandan [Maladus1]" everytime you recheck this group?
Picture this, one day you would be thinking "Oh man, Dono's series! Haven't checked that in a while!"
*clicks link to group*
"Wow they're already at F15 and h-Oh my god, can't fucking believe I lost to HIM".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side note: My god, I legit can channel a dark selfish side 0.o
2235 days 1 hour ago
OldNewz
@Kolby

Q: What would you do differently in order to improve your social game?

I do regret not talking much to Mariel and not talking as strategically with Ny. Never saw Mariel talk, but, Ny was actually a pretty funny and kind dude and I wish I could have worked with him but he was just on another side. I hope I can play again with him to actually get to know him even more!
2235 days 1 hour ago
OldNewz
^Sorry for the short answer. I've never been the type to drag out answers for no reason :P
2235 days 1 hour ago
OldNewz
Also, just wanted to give a shoutout to Dono for hosting this season! Definitely one of the more fun series I've ever played and you could really feel the passion behind every challenge :D
2235 days 1 hour ago
donosaurus_rex
SIDE NOTE: Shaun White has given the performance of his life and claimed gold on his third run in the men's pipe, I'm gonna go nuts. That was legit.
2235 days 1 hour ago
Maladus1
Kolby’s Second Question:

I don’t think a lot of what you said about my personality and my game was true to begin with. I understand that I can be grating sometimes, like my constant expressions like XD (I used that one a lot), plus my tendency to apologize a lot (sometimes when it isn’t even needed), and a general perception that my whole personality is forced and fake, which I don’t believe is true at all. I have this fear of rejection, and this fear of not being liked, which sometimes leads me to force myself to talk to people, which can lead to that grating atmosphere. I actually think some of the conversations we had were extremely pleasant from my standards, and I still have an extremely favorable opinion of you.

But for why you should vote me, and how it affects you in a positive way:

THIS SERIES:

From what I’VE seen at least, I think you are a lock for any potential returnee season for this series, and during an all star season, perception is everything. Your final impression on this game will be your jury vote, and that impression can be long standing for some players in this season who may come back. I understand that you have some reservations about voting for me, however by casting your vote for me, you can show any potential returning all-stars that you are willing to forgive and forget in any game, which can lead you to perform A LOT better than you did here, and steamroll your entire competition. (Especially when some people on the apps for next season say they hate you, that might be realllllllllllly helpful if they end up on All-Stars with you)

YOUR SERIES:

I actually never knew you hosted a survivor season, partially my fault for being away from tengaged for a while, and it actually seems like a lot of fun. So maybe if you vote me not only would I definitely apply for your series, but I can also help you do some advertising and help bring more people into your applications, increasing your visibility and helping build an even BIGGER name for your series.

PERSONALLY:

I don’t think we’ve ever talked to each other before this series started. I still have a really high opinion of you, and I think a lot of the conversations we had were really cool and fun. Even if you have a negative opinion on me, it still wouldn’t stop us from learning about each other more and getting a better grasp on our personalities in a non-game environment. Voting for me could strengthen any bond that you may want to create, potentially leaving you with a reliable friend who would be willing to help you with anything you need.
2235 days 1 hour ago
Maladus1
Q: How do you think Runestones affected your game and what strategy did you use specifically for Runestones?

The runestone I got actually was a big part of my game, unintentionally that is. When I first got my hands on the runestone, my first thought was that of despair, I was utterly devastated that I got it in the first place. I kept it to myself for awhile, but I wanted to tell people because I wanted to use it for the good of my core alliance, which at the time consisted of you/Newz/Tyler. My original intent was to never be selfish. I literally told you that my motivation was to supercharge the rune in order to build it up so our alliance could gain control easily. I literally proved this to you when I SAVED Newz during the Stoner blindside from being voted out. Sure I may have flashed the idol at some points (Hoop vote), but multiple rules stated that my runestone was powerless at the beginning of the merge, where there was a movement to take me out, which fizzled out. The rune didn’t keep me safe at all, and if anything it left me vulnerable at some points, like the Final 7, where if you had gotten the votes against me instead of Hufus, you probably would have been sitting in the Final Tribal Council instead of me, as at the time my runestone was only powered at one, and I would have been easily voted out in a 3-2-1 vote. So yeah it was a big part of my game. However it didn’t leave me skating to the finale, as I also worked my ass off to make moves without the influence of the rune, like you know… getting you out.
2235 days ago
Gaiaphagee
Brandon- I feel your game was based on runestone. You had a lot of luck and access to an overpowering twist. I can’t respect your game as based on the GOAL of the game, outwit, outplay, and outlast, you failed to do this. You would not be here without runestones. You should not gain credit for having a free pass to final 4.

Newz- I think you played one of the better games. Arguably the second best game (I believe Tyler played the best game imo) I have a lot of respect for you and you played this game without some twist, but with skill and charm. I’m glad we made up and can become good friends again! You hve my vote.

open group

APPS OPEN - Dono's Survivor S8

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!