This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Individual Challenge #1: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Topic » Individual Challenge #1:..

2404 days 4 hours ago
nbkiller
Hello everyone! I know that the challenge is not over yet, but we’re going to be starting up the first individual challenge now!

Before we do, however, I do need to note the few changes in the format now that we’re out of the team phase:

1.        The winner of the challenge is PAYMASTER, as usual.
2.        The player who comes in last place is the LAST PLACE LOSER (known as LPL), and is automatically in the bottom 3 for the episode.
3.        ALL PLAYERS (Except the Paymaster) get THREE votes in the vault. The TWO players with the most votes will be in the bottom 3.

Now, also, before the challenge, I need everyone to send me a list numbered 1-11, ranking the other 11 players from the person you like the MOST to the person you like the LEAST. No reasons are required, but I need this list by 10 PM EST on Wednesday, Sep 20th. No list = auto LPL for this episode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to your next challenge! This challenge is called “Pot-o-Gold” and here’s how it works…..

This challenge will take place over 4 rounds, each lasting ~12 hours. All players will start with 50 gold coins.

The object of the game is to have the closest to 60 gold coins after the 4 rounds. The player who comes closest (over or under) to 60 coins will be PAYMASTER!

Each round, you must give away AT LEAST HALF of your coins. You may give them all away if you wish, but you must give at least half.

The catch? Any gold coin you receive CAN (and maybe MUST) be given away again, and counts to your current total as well. If you started with 50 coins, gave away 25 coins in the first round, and received 35, you now have 60 coins BUT must give away 30 in the next round.

I will update everyone with the coin total after each round.

If you believe you cannot be online to give coins away during a round, you may tell me what you would like to do before the round starts if necessary.

Even though the elimination challenge is taking place, we will play with all 12 players for the first two rounds. Once two are eliminated, then we will play with the remaining 10 for the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Your first round begins NOW and will end at 11 AM EST on Wednesday, September 20th. Good luck!
2404 days 4 hours ago
nbkiller
If you do not submit giving your coins away in a round, you will receive 1 penalty vote in this vault and half your coins will vanish.
2404 days 3 hours ago
nbkiller
If this isn't clear, you must GIVE AWAY your coins to SOMEONE ELSE each round. You cannot just get rid of them and have them vanish.
2404 days 3 hours ago
coolexchangestudent
I have a few questions:

A. Can we change the way we give the coins before deadline?

B. How does the retrieval of coins work (like you said the you give 25 and receive 35)

C. What if two or more people doesn't send lists? Do we still have a vault by then?
2404 days 3 hours ago
coolexchangestudent
And

D. What will happen to the eliminated duo's coins? Will it be discarded?
2404 days 3 hours ago
nbkiller
A. Can we change the way we give the coins before deadline?

-Yes, go ahead and change if needed

----------------------------------------------------------------

B. How does the retrieval of coins work (like you said the you give 25 and receive 35)

-Any coins you are given become yours to do how you see fit in the upcoming rounds. Each round you must give away at least half of your coins on hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

C. What if two or more people doesn't send lists? Do we still have a vault by then?

I hope this doesn't come up, but all players who don't send in a list are in the bottom 3. If there's more than 3, well we get a bottom 4, or 5, or 6. If 3 people don't send in, then we'll skip the vault and head right to the elimination ceremony, but I hope you all won't do that to me :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------

D. What will happen to the eliminated duo's coins? Will it be discarded?

-The coins that the eliminated duo has will vanish and be out of play.
2403 days 13 hours ago
nbkiller
ROUND 1 RESULTS:

doubledarefan01 and S73100 did not submit their move this round so 25 coins disappear from both and will receive 1 penalty vote at the next vault.

CURRENT TOTALS

60- amf7410
50- awwsum11
25- Chris1080
20- coolexchangestudent
30- doubledarefan01
60- Jman96
55- Jordonk
55- LaFierceBrittany2
60- RShowFreak
55- Ryan_Jambe
25- S73100
55- semajdude

Round 2 begins now and ends at 11 PM EST TONIGHT (9/20). You must give away at least HALF of your coins on hand (rounding up). Good luck!
2403 days 10 hours ago
RShowFreak
LOL I didn't know you could give more than half I thought it was exactly half LOL
2403 days 2 hours ago
nbkiller
ROUND 2 RESULTS:

everyone submitted this time!

CURRENT TOTALS:

81- amf7410
50- awwsum11
12- Chris1080
38- coolexchangestudent
50- Jman96
65- Jordonk
55- LaFierceBrittany2
45- RShowFreak
57- Ryan_Jambe
82- semajdude

15- doubledarefan01
0- S73100

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Because doubledarefan01 and S73100 came in last place in the elimination challenge, they have been eliminated. Thus, any coins they have now disappear, and you may no longer give coins to them.

The remaining two rounds will have only 10 players. Good luck!

Round 3 submissions are due at 11 AM EST on Thursday, September 21st. Remember to get lists in as well!
2403 days 1 hour ago
Chris1080
I wonder who everyone dislikes lol
2402 days 12 hours ago
nbkiller
ROUND 3 RESULTS:

awwsum11 did not submit for round 3, so half of his coins from round 2 disappear and he receives 1 penalty vote at the next vault.

CURRENT TOTALS:

99- amf7410
50- awwsum11
6- Chris1080
27- coolexchangestudent
45- Jman96
65- Jordonk
60- LaFierceBrittany2
52- RShowFreak
36- Ryan_Jambe
70- semajdude

----------------------------------------------------------

Round 4 begins now and will last until 2 AM EST (13 hours from now). Remember, the player who is closest to 60 coins will win Paymaster! Good luck!
2402 days 9 hours ago
Chris1080
Wow I'm hurt lol
2402 days 1 hour ago
nbkiller
FINAL ROUND RESULTS:

Jordonk did not submit in time so he loses half of his coins on hand and will receive 1 penalty vote at the next vault.

75- amf7410
18- awwsum11
2- Chris1080
19- coolexchangestudent
38- Jman96
86- Jordonk
55- LaFierceBrittany2
86- RShowFreak
43- Ryan_Jambe
55- semajdude

--------------------------------------------------

Well, we happen to have a tie for closest to 60 coins between LaFierceBrittany2 and semajdude. The tiebreaker is that we look at the previous round and whoever was closer to 60 coins there will win....

ROUND 3 RESULTS:
60- LaFierceBrittany2
70- semajdude

With that, LaFierceBrittany2 has won the first Individual challenge and is PAYMASTER this round!

Now, about the last place loser.....
2402 days 1 hour ago
nbkiller
LAST PLACE LOSER:

Many people assumed that the player who was furthest from 60 coins would be the last place loser this round. There's a reason why I didn't explicitly say in the rules who the last place loser would be....

Why else did I have you send in those lists?
2402 days 1 hour ago
nbkiller
Now, the way the last place loser WOULD have taken place is that we would have looked at LaFierceBrittany2's list and saved the highest ranked player on that list.

Then we would've gone to THAT player's list and saved the next highest ranked player on their list.

This would have continued until one person was left unsaved and would be the last place loser (NOTE: That was just for this round, other challenges would have worked more normally.)

However, awwsum11 did not submit a list in time, meaning he is the automatic LPL of this episode and is in the bottom 3.
2402 days 1 hour ago
nbkiller
BUT, we shall go along with the list anyways for fun, and because I had you do it for a reason.

This is what WOULD have happened:

LaFierceBrittany2 saves coolexchangestudent
coolexchangestudent saves RShowFreak
RShowFreak saves Jman96
Jman96 saves Jordonk
Jordonk saves Ryan_Jambe
Ryan_Jambe saves awwsum11
awwsum11 saves semajdude (did send in a list, but it was late, resulting in auto LPL)
semajdude saves amf7410

This would have left Chris1080 as the LPL but due to a late list, awwsum11 is the Last Place Loser for this challenge, and is automatically in the bottom 3.

open group

NB Reality: Archive

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!