This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 5: Gauntlets

Topic » Episode 5: Gauntlets

2098 days 9 hours ago
nbkiller
nothingbutrouble vs cfff
Lalisa vs Ryan_Jambe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Welcome to your elimination challenge called “Formula T” and here’s how it works…

In this game, players will be driving one lap around Monaco Circuit. You each have a car with 6 different gears, and the gear that you are in will determine how fast you can go through the track. Chatzy will determine how many spaces you go depending on what gear you are in (see MOVING section.)

If you think that you can just hop into 6th gear and just cruise to the finish line, you’re wrong. Like a normal track, there are turns that you have to make, and if you go too fast on a turn, your car could blow out, causing for you to lose! (see TURNING section)

MOVING:

Your car has 6 gears as you know:
Gear 1 will let you move 1-2 spaces
Gear 2 will let you move 2-4 spaces
Gear 3 will let you move 4-8 spaces
Gear 4 will let you move 7-12 spaces
Gear 5 will let you move 11-20 spaces
Gear 6 will let you move 21-30 spaces

Just as in real life, the car starts in 1st gear. Then, on each turn, you may shift up to 2nd gear, then 3rd gear, and so on up to 6th gear.

When accelerating, you may not skip any gears. However, you MAY go down more than one gear at a time when braking, but your car will take damage (See DAMAGE section)

The Chatzy randomizer function will determine how many spaces you move on each turn according to what gear you are in.

TURNING:

I will tell you what spaces the turns are on, and it will be a range between certain numbers. I will also tell you how many times you have to stop (end your turn) in that corner in order to keep control of your car. (some corners are sharp so you have to stop more times!).

For example: If I had a track of 60 spaces and there were 3 turns, it could look something like this:

TURN 1: Spaces 15-20- ONE stop
TURN 2: Spaces 28-36- TWO stops
TURN 3: Spaces 45-51- ONE stop

So in that setup, you would have to end your turn (Stop) one time within spaces 15-20, two times within spaces 28-36, and one time between spaces 45-51. After you stop the required amount of times, you may keep going, even if (on turn 2) you stop on spaces 28 and 29, which would count. Also, if you stop more than the needed number of stops on a turn, that is fine and there is no penalty.

If you do not stop the required amount of times in the course, you will have damage done to your car/engine. (see DAMAGE section)

DAMAGE:

If you do not stop the required amount of times on a turn, you will have damage done to your car.

Your car will have 12 Damage Points (DP) at the start of the race.

For EVERY SPACE you overshoot a turn, you will lose one (1) DP. If your car goes down to 0 DP, the car will blow up and you will be DQ’ed from the elimination.

Also, when braking, you will lose 2 DP for every gear you go down UNLESS you are only going down one gear at a time. For example, if you go from 6th gear to 4th gear, you lose 2 DP. 6th to 3rd gear loses 4 DP. Going from 6th to 5th gear would not lose any DP.

FINISHING/RESULTS:

-If both players finish the race successfully without blowing up, the player who finishes in the FEWEST NUMBER OF TURNS will win.
-----If that’s somehow a tie (which I don’t believe it could be), then the player who finishes with more DP will win.
-If one player blows up and the other finishes, the player who finished will win
-If neither player finishes (both blow up), then the player who made it to the further space will win.

TRACK:
TURN 1: Spaces 6-8 (1 stop)
TURN 2: Spaces 29-34 (1 stop)
TURN 3: Spaces 39-43 (1 stop)
TURN 4: Spaces 53-56 (1 stop)
TURN 5: Spaces 61-72 (3 stops)
TURN 6: Spaces 104-110 (1 stop)
TURN 7: Spaces 120-125 (1 stop)
TURN 8: Spaces 130-139 (2 stops)
TURN 9: Spaces 144-153 (2 stops)
TURN 10: Spaces 162-168 (1 stop)
FINISH: Space 200

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is a more complex gauntlet in terms of rules, so everyone is entitled to a practice course which I will run you through as much as you need.

You have until SUNDAY, July 22nd at 10 PM EST to complete this gauntlet! Good luck!
2098 days 9 hours ago
nbkiller
When you would like to compete, message me on skype or tengaged. Also, if you have questions, please ask!

I won't be available as much today (Saturday), but I will be available all day on Sunday.
2098 days 8 hours ago
Lalisa
wow...so this is what satans asshole looks like...
2098 days 8 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
Lost this elimination in Free Agents, glad I’m not doing it again 😅

Good Luck to those in The Gauntlet!!
2098 days 7 hours ago
Ryan_Jambe
Good luck Lalisa
2097 days 18 hours ago
nbkiller
*BLOWS AIR HORN*

The Gauntlet between Lalisa and Ryan_Jambe has finished!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lalisa finished the race in 28 moves with 11 Damage Points remaining

Ryan_Jambe finished the race in 28 moves with 10 Damage Points remaining

------------------------------------------------------------

And THAT is a close Gauntlet! Well played to the both of you!

By 1 Damage Point, Lalisa wins this Gauntlet and re-joins the Gray team! Ryan_Jambe, it was quite a great run, but this ends your time on NB Reality 19: The Gauntlet. Thank you so much for playing, and I hope to see you around in the future!
2097 days 18 hours ago
Lalisa
OMG
2097 days 18 hours ago
kingLiam
Grats Lalisa!
2097 days 18 hours ago
Lalisa
ryan im so sorry :(
2097 days 14 hours ago
Ryan_Jambe
nbkiller:

"-----If that’s somehow a tie (which I don’t believe it could be), then the player who finishes with more DP will win."

At least we proved it can be a tie.
2097 days 10 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
Wooooow wow wow wow

Sad to see you go, Ryan :/ Congratulations Lalisa
2097 days 10 hours ago
Cray
Grats Lalisa
2096 days 21 hours ago
nbkiller
*BLOWS AIR HORN*

The Gauntlet between nothingbutrouble and cfff has finished!

-------------------------------------------------------------

nothingbutrouble finished the race in 33 moves with 12 Damage Points remaining

cfff finished the race in 25 moves with 7 Damage Points remaining

------------------------------------------------------------

And with that, cfff wins this Gauntlet and re-joins the Blue team! Congratulations!

nothingbutrouble, it was a well-fought Gauntlet, but I'm sorry it wasn't enough this time. This ends your time on NB Reality 19: The Gauntlet. Thank you so much for playing and I'd be happy to have you back again! See you around.
2096 days 21 hours ago
cfff
good game sam :(

i am sorry
2096 days 19 hours ago
nothingbutrouble
OMG I got confused...I thought it was a combination of both turns & DP. I tried so hard to not get DP.

open group

NB Reality: Archive

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!